Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Health * Cramps during exercise < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Katherint Thompson
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 10:33 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently started to run and walk for about 30 min 5 times a week. During exercise I start to have abdominal cramps, and they feel like menstrual cramps? I can't for the life of me find any information on this topic, has anybody experienced the same thing or know what it could be?????

Tammi
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 10:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try adding ginger root in your teas . Ginger is really good for stomache and bowels, and much more just look it up on the net...

linda
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 06:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have had the same thing and then later will pass a small amount of blood like i am having my period. i am in the process of a doctors visit to find out what if anything it is. I wish i could tell you more.

matthew glen whitis
Username: lil_matt

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 10:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

make sure that you are getting plenty of potassium like bananas and such

Brett J. Hayes
Username: bjh

Post Number: 12

Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 08:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get into a vegetable derived colloidal mineral supplement first of all. When in doubt, stock up on minerals.

Have an Epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) A kilograms worth in every bath three times a week, for a couple of weeks, or as you feel.

jane
Username: janegomez

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 08:23 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had that happen once too and it was so painful and nauseating that I had to stop running, and squeeze myself into a ball until someone came and drove me home! It was awful. Day 1 of my period. It went away after a bowel mvmt. Sorry, if you think that's gross but it's what helped...

Dayanita
Username: tallgirl

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 01:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I seem to have cramping in the same leg everytime, and I do at least 10 min of warm up walking before I run....but as I get started the discomfort began to subside...is this normal

Katie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 03:01 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got back from the gym where I experienced exactly what you described. I felt like I had my period while running even though my cycle finished a little over a week ago. I immediatly got on the internet and wound up here. I wish I could help, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone and if I find out anything I'll post it for you.

AElliott
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 07:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've struggled with this problem for years as well... I used to be a long distance runner and it always seemed to happen daily about a week or 2 before my period. Now there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern to when it happens, and the cramps seem much worse than they ever used to be...

Odetta
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 04:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have that about two weeks before my period. I usually spot with mine. I figured it was just bleeding thru my ovaulation time, painful but goes away after a few months of doing it. When in doubt have the doctor check it out!

JBlakley
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 04:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sorry to add that there is absolutely no information on this topic. I have been an extreme runner and exerciser for the past 10-15 years (starting in 6th grade) and began having this same problem around 9th grade. I have asked coaches, doctors, gynocologists, etc about this issue and no one has ever had any information about it - other than that they too have heard of a few similar other cases and each have their own ideas about the causes (ranging from low body fat to irritable bowel). Additionally, my brother is a doctor and has recommended taking an anti-inflammatory before running, but I have resisted this b/c I do not want to have to do this four to five times a week. If this is the same thing as mine, it doesn't matter if it is running, swimming, biking, etc. I'm sorry to not have any more information, the only thing I can recommend is running about eight minutes, walking for five to ten and then you should be able to run as much as you want after that.

Vanessamit
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 01:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This has been happening to me for years too. I have not been able to find any clear answers other than helpful guesses. I don't think it could have anything to do with my period because it happens anytime I run or do hardcore cardio work, but it feels exactly like extremely painful menstrual cramps. I really wish I knew what to do to cure this.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information