Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Health * Ridges in fingernails < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Laura Parsons
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 09:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently, within the last month, I have noticed my thumb nails (especially)and my pointer fingers are getting a ridge. Kind of like what I've seen when someone has smashed their finger several times and damaged the nail bed. What could the deficiency be? I've heard it was one, but I don't remember what

coleen
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 09:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is your nail black or blue?
or just ridges. both can be a sign of injury or illness. if you get manicures frequently it could be a sign that the pusher that the manicurist uses is pressing too hard on the nail bed and causing cell damage.

Margaret Ricks
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 08:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All ten of my fingernails have ridges going vertical (up and down). The thumb and index nails being worse than the others. Can a low thyroid relate to this condition?

Brett J. Hayes
Username: bjh

Post Number: 13

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 08:59 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Common opinion amongst learned healers is silica is not being absorbed with in the body. Get into calcium and silica rich foods. Supplement if you feel you need more. One of the richest sources of fingernail improvement foods is Agar agar. You make jelly out of it. Many have said after eating Agar agar everyday for two weeks was nothing short of miraculous. Fruit jelly or coconut jelly, or what ever your imagination can invent. And you get beautiful nails.

rick Anthony
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, July 08, 2005 - 06:23 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My nails break easily. This has been going on for about 2 years now, with increasing frequency in recent months. And all my nails have "striations" -- a lot of ridges that run from the cuticle out to the end of the nail. I can hardly shove my hands into my pockets anymore without snagging and breaking a piece off a nail.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information