Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Health * Quitting Smoking < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krystal Wray Carrington
Username: krystal

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 07:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am starting myweek 3 on the patch to try to stop smoking. I haven't had a puff so far but the last couple of days my cravings are worse. I smoked about 30 cigs per day and i am wearing the 21 mg. patch. Has anyone been through this or have any tips? I have smoked for 27 yrs. and I am scared to death that i will fail. This is the first time i have ever tried to quit. any advise would be apreciated.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Funny Fat Girl
Username: funnyfatgirl

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 01:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I quit smoking about two years ago, and the best adivce I can give, is do it cold turkey. The patches, I think, are what's keeping the cravings going, by allowing you to have measured amounts of niccotine. When you feel the urge to smoke, don't shove food in your face. In fact, don't think about anything. Clear your mind, remind yourself that you *don't* need it. Find a hobby to get your mind off it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information