Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Health * White tongue? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

TheBoatMan
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 11:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lately ive been getting a coated white tongue in the back of my tongue. I have been taking zyrtec-d a little but i stopped. I have been getting dry mouth often - I am a heavy drinker though but I dont think that is it. Any ideas?

Theanswer
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 11:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its the drinking homie i got it to and i drink and smoke all the time

Wild Flower
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 08:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I posted this in another thread.. but, I want to post here too, beacuse it may help you. Do the Hydrogen Peroxide thing that I talk about below.

I am writing this because I think it will offer you some solutions.. hopefully. It’s my belief that all of you can have normal mouths.

First off.. someone mentioned bad breath… even after brushing lots and lots… It may be that you have a digestion problem.. something in your digestive tract. I would go to the doctor and see what is up. If the doctor says your fine.. keep insisting for tests.. or a different doctor maybe one that specializes in the digestive tract.. If another dead end then go to a natural type doctor.. just see what they say.

It’s my belief that there are fixes for most of what all of you are going through.. not sure about the geographical tongue.. never heard of it.. but, you might as well try what I am going to say…. ( I mention a possible solution for this below.. as my niece may have had this)

Sometimes we get these problems because our bodies are just simple unhealthy. You can change that.. like quite smoking, quite drinking lots of alcohol and Drink LOTS of water!! Don’t drink more than a gallon of water a day.. too much water can be actually be deadly. Only about a ½ to ¾ a gallon a day for most adults. Distilled water is the best.

Drinking lots of water is key. I have doctors comment to me, just by looking at me and ask “You drink lots of water don’t you?, I can tell because your skin glows”

Here are some tips:

I have always suffered from mouth ulcers.. BUT, they have never been a big deal, just an inconvenience. I googled pictures (“mouth ulcers” in image search) and felt so bad for those people!! Here is my trick that I don’t believe anyone mentioned.

Mouth Ulcers:
Salt!!!! I put salt directly on the sore. OUCH! But worth it!!! Depending on how big you let the ulcer get.. the salt will hurt more. So, I try and do it immediately after the ulcer shows up! The ulcer won’t hurt so bad when I place salt right on it.. Use a Q-Tip, wet it with water and dip it in salt, then apply the salt right on the ulcer. Then I close my lips and take the pain, sometimes I push the salt around from the outside of my lip or cheek. If I forget and let the ulcer get bigger then it hurts a lot more.. I mentally go into my happy place LOL LOL LOL until I can’t stand it anymore. THEN I do it again!!! This seems to be important.. but, you will be happy to know that the second time usually isn’t as bad as the first. I notice that if I do forget and let it get bigger, it seems to spread to another close section in my mouth, then I can easily end up with 2 or 3 ulcers. That really sucks!!!

I apply the salt in the morning and at night before bed. If it’s really bad I will do it 3 times. I find relief in it afterward. I think the salt kills the bacteria or whatever is causing it. My teenage son has been getting the ulcers too every now and again.. He does the salt thing too and it works for him. Just remember to apply salt when the first signs show, the ulcer will be very small and it won’t hurt hardly at all, that’s why it’s easy to forget about it, but don’t. It usually goes away in a few days unless it’s bigger then about a week.

Other Mouth & Tongue Issues:
My throat was swollen, I thought I had something like strep throat but, the doctor had told me I was fine.. just rinse with Hydrogen peroxide (by itself if you can stand it) or mix ½ and ½ with mouth rinse. I did this and it seemed to work. Whenever I feel sick or are sick, like I have the sick smelling breath, I do this and it really helps. I also drink lots of hot tea to help my throat’s swelling.

Also, My 10 year old niece had white blotches on her tongue.. it scared me ‘cause it looked bad and contagious! (Maybe this is that geographic tongue.. I googled it in images and her tongue looked like that) I took her to my doctor and he said to rinse with Hydrogen peroxide (by itself if you can stand it) or mix ½ and ½ with mouth rinse. Again!! It worked.

The problem with Hydrogen Peroxide is that it bubbles up, like on a cut. So, imagine it doing that in your mouth.. foam comes out.. like a rabid dog. Of coarse it’s killing the bacteria so, I do it a few times. I usually rinse with water after.. ‘cause I don’t like it. WARNING: DO NOT DRINK IT!!!! Read the label.

Basic Health:
Your body may be acidic… pretty much, if you don’t eat a lot of veggies.. then you probably are.. Meats, Nuts, Breads, Coffee, Sugar, Soda, Artificial Sweetener are all acidic.. I suggest reading up on Ph balancing your bodies! Trust me I am NO vegetarian.. so, what I have done is cut back on bread, and alkalize my water… you can buy drops to put in the water.. or put in Baking Soda.. just a little.. it makes it taste funny… buy Ph strips to test it.. pool supply store.. – Look into this option. One major sign that you are acidic is if you are overweight OR underweight. Just think of this… put a can of Coke-A-Cola on a piece of raw meat and see what happens. Your body has to get rid of the acid otherwise it will harm your body. SO, it stores it in fat… well you can’t lose the fat because your too acidic…. If you are consuming acidic foods.. then your body has to store it.. it can’t remove fat.. it needs it!!

PLEASE QUIT SMOKING… Both men and women.. BUT for the Women.. haven’t you noticed those older ladies (40s and up), you know those ones with lots and lots of fine wrinkles. Where do you think they got those wrinkles. From smoking! It dehydrates the skin, pulls vitamin c away from you AND fills you up with toxins that your body has to spend fighting instead of fighting the other issues in your bodies. If all that doesn’t motivate you to quite.. then do it because you want to look younger and keep your skin from wrinkling. Next time you go out in public.. look for those ladies.. they are everywhere, then you will know what I am talking about… they usually have a raspy voice.

Please let me know if this helped anyone.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information