Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Health * BMI < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
HELP!jane doe10-04-04  02:04 pm
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

WANITA (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 02:12 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MY BMI IS 21%. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Bonnie Katz (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 03:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BMI stands for Body Mass Index. I was just looking mine up in a newspaper article which I kept. BMI is basically a measure of weight in relation to height. The National Institutes of Health developed a chart for men & women which shows where you stand in regards to your BMI. Anything over 30% is considered high and you're then at risk for diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, etc. I am currently on a diet and am 5'6" tall and weight 158 - my BMI is about 25.5% (which is in the "overweight" range). I need to get down to at least a BMI of 24% to be in the "normal range" which is where you are. In fact you're just about in the middle of normal which ranges from 19% to 24%. So whatever you're doing or have done, it worked.

Ruth Cooper

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 05:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BMI is not a very good system though. If you are short stocky jock you will register on the obese end of the scale while tall lean people register as anorexic. It is better to have your body fat checked at you local gym than to use this indicator.

clark edwuards
Username: iresh

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 01:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ineed a diet but i dont knwo what to eat , can anyone help???im not fat im slim atlhetic but it seems im getting a belly...

jane doe
Username: janedoe

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 01:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to know if i should diet or not.my bmi is 25 and it was 20 last winter im not sure if that is high.also I have a gut that all of a sudden appeared after the summer was over I was shocked! And i fell sick I feel like a pig my stomach just is just outta wack! help please!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information