Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * PREGNANCY AND GAS/BLOATING < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

christine

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 07:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 7 weeks pregnant and SUFFERING from severe gas and bloating. The pain is uncomfortable to say the least. It's in my lower abdomen and stretches to my back - but unfortunately doesn't seem to be making it's way out.

Are there any solutions out there that can help without harming my fetus?

Urszula Les
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 12:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 15 weeks pregnant and SUFFERING from severe gas and bloating as well so I can relate to your concern. I have been reading about gas and pregnancy and found some diet tips that may reduce these symptoms. It is indicated that foods such as beans, cabbage, broccoli, asparagus, pasta, potatoes, and soft drinks are very often the reason. So maybe try to monitor what you are eating and identify what foods cause it. Good luck

EJ
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 02:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem, and I agree, it's REALLY uncomfortable!!! My doctor's official list of medications that are okay during pregnancy says that you can take Mylicon, Gas-X (Simethicone), or Phazyme for gas and Tylenol for pain. I have read that Gas-X is a category C drug, which some doctors might object to, but this booklet with these medications listed is given to every pregnant woman in this practice, so at least these 8 doctors believe it is perfectly safe!

Drinking plenty of water might also help get things moving along. And of course, avoid foods that trigger the gas, even if it really limits your diet temporarily. Sorry if this is too much info., but my mother suggested that if you are constipated or having trouble passing the gas, rocking forward and backward when you're sitting on the toilet can help.

Good luck to you!

lynsey wilson
Username: bonita25

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 02:58 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how about natural peppermint water?or capsules?i was on them when pregnant and worked great!

kjc
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 09:35 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is gas considered an early sign of being pg

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information