Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * Saunas - Good or Bad? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John McRae
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 03:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, iv been a regular gym user now for 5 years and i am still undecided as to whether it is good or bad to have a sauna after a gym sesh?
We all want to keep the aches and pains at bay, we have all noticed that our muscles increase in size after a good workout i guess because of increased blood flow to those muscles, if i just have a shower after the workout then my muscles stay enlarged for a day or two and feel well worked however if i go for a sauna the muscles reduce back to normal and feel less hard worked, is this reducing the effect of all that hard exercising just carried out and stopping all proteins etc. getting to the muscles to build up new muscle?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Some Guy
Username: some_guy

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 11:03 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

will saunas and hot tubs dehydrates you. if you really want to recover from your workouts is to take ice baths, i do this everyday for my legs (i'm a runner for my college) it helps out alot. plus some of the olympic level runners also do this. the water should be around 40-50 degrees F.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information