Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * On low carb not losing < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

marilyn sherman
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 01:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am sticking to the low carb diet - bacon & eggs for breakfast, cheese or tuna or such for lunch and meat and salad at night -- but weight has not come down in over a month - has anyone had this problem?

Lucy B
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps you are eating too much of these things at a time. I had a friend who gained on the low carb diet, but she had a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon for breakfast. Do you see the problem?

karajane
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 11:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make sure to cut down on portions. Eat 4 or 5 very small meals during the day. Don't eat after 6 pm. Don't eat the same thing every day. Drink lots and lots of water. Drink only diet soda, not regular soda. Drink green tea, no sugar. I also take extra chromium picolinate and calcuim with vitamin D. I've lost 30 lbs. in just a few months.

a_bu_babe
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 09:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am having the same problem. I am watching my portion sizes, I am drinking 8 glasses of water a day, and I don't go crazy with the calories. I stick with 20 carbs or less, eat about 1800 calories a day, and it still isn't coming off. I have been doing the diet for about 20 days now. I am in ketosis and have been since about three days into the diet.

Holly Hoornstra
Username: hollydee

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 07:43 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am also on a low carb diet. You also want to limit your intake of fats. This includes sausage, bacon, egg yolks, milk, cheese, etc. You aren't going to lose fat if you are eating it! Low carb does not mean no carb. Eat one portion of a lean meat with every meal, but add a small portion of fruit and vegetable. These foods have more water weight so they make you feel full without a high amount of carbs. They also take longer to create insulin so they keep you sustained much longer and you eat less. Also, up your water intake. 8- 8oz glasses a day is only enough if you are sitting on the couch. If you walk or move around at all you are losing it and need to replace it. Try drinking an extra 16 oz. Ketosis can be very dangerous and can even lead to death. Don't limit your carb intake completely to avoid this.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information