Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * An Average Question from an average Joe < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Green
Username: averagejoeschmo

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 12:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone,
I'm new to all this so be gently with me :-)
Firstly a bit of background on me.
I am an average Bloke, 41 yrs Old, @ 6ft, approx 14 stone (on a good day!) Reasonably fit, (I go to the gym at least 3 times a week), 36 (ish) waist, Eat like a horse, drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney. I tend to work out with weights (quite intensley) and have just started quite a bit of bike work (approx 40 mins minimum per session at @ 80% of Max heart rate) followed by the weights.
My question is simple, How will I loose weight (or define my body shape) without changing too much of what I like doing (Smoking/Drinking and Eating!)
I tend to work on the basis that if I have had a "Heavy" weekend , I work harder at the gym.

Do you think a personal trainer to devise a program specifically tailored for me (When I train, I train to "hurt" and then think I have had a good workout, (is this wrong?))would help?

I seem to be making all the effort but not actually getting anywhere, any advise or pointers would be appreciated (Please don't reply with Cut this out, cut that out, I know all the bad things I am doing (but they seem to make life worth living!:-) )
Thanks

Jessica Smith
Username: latino

Post Number: 13

Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 10:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i think a personal trainer is a great idea, because it seems that you are fairly active already, and they may have some good ideas on what will work best for you.

but adding in the bike work is also a great idea, as this is the best way to lose the fat that's sitting over your muscles that you've been working so hard to build!!

good luck! :-)

frankie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 09:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you might need to lose some fat, so the fat burning heart rate might suit you better than the 80% rate, if you stay in your fat burning range about 65% then you might not crave so many bad carbs. The excess drinking and smoking and not watching what you eat means you should be a bit more careful not to go to hard on your heart rate nad should not be working too hard at a gym the mornign after a big drinkathon. My advice is ease up a bit on the exercise so you can have some energy to tackle time to make yourself some proper food and to look after your heart and lungs from teh inside. Also at least have some tests for your arteries, blood sugar, cholesterol etc etc, if you expect to keep pushing it at the gym while leading a bad lifestyle.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information