Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * Beware of Scirion Institute Certs < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Scirion InstituteTerrance Corn04-26-06  09:59 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Craven
Username: musclejeff

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you think you're going to come to these guys with no experience. You better think again! Their program is top notch and it is for pro's only. If you don't have any experience, you better go to NESTA or ISSA or someone like that.

Jason LaPres
Username: jlapres

Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 09:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone else know much about Scirion? I am certified through them but no one else in the Houston area have heard of them so I can't get a Personal Training job. If they have proven themselves around the country and I could get that feedback it would definitely help my chances.
Thanks

Steven Snether
Username: steven1972

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 08:28 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've heard of them and I live in Houston.

Steven Snether

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 10:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All of the trainers at my gym are Scirion certified. My gym only accepts Scirion, ACSM and Cooper certifications. I've heard that ACSM is hardly recognized in Houston too!

Stacy Hernandez
Username: stacyq

Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 09:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is up with Houston? My friend is certified through ACSM and when she mentions it to gym managers, they say they've never heard of it either! I know Scirion Institute because three of the trainers at my gym are certified by them. It could be that maybe they are just telling you that because they don't want to hire you. It is a convenient excuse. I know for a fact my gym does that with certain certifications. If we don't want to hire someone, we just say their cert isn't reconized or something like that just to make them go away.

Jeff Craven

Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 09:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jason, is your certification still valid?

Sara Loggins
Username: saraloggins

Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 08:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jason. I have heard of Scirion Institute. There are two personal trainers who are certified through them at my gym. As I understand them, they are very well known around here and they seem to have a pretty tough program. I've been told that they don't accept students who are new to the industry so that's why I got certified through ACE. Somethings up with Houston... my brother is a trainer there and he is certified through ACSM and most gyms out there have never heard of them either?

Jeff Craven

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 06:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jason. Are you from Houston?

Jeff Craven

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 08:02 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes clubs use that as an excuse not to hire you. I know for a fact we do that in our club. It is easier to say "we've never heard of that certification" instead of staight out saying "you are not what we're looking for."

Steven Snether

Post Number: 3

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 08:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jason, it could be that most gyms out here are owned by 24 hour fitness and they use another certification agency. They don't have good trainers and so it wouldn't surprise me if they turn you down. Quality personal trainers conflict with their business strategy which is to sell supplements. A lot of gyms have never heard of ACSM either, which is who I am certified with.

Alissa Cunningham
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi-
I am certified by Scirion. The exam was tough. One cannot possibly pass the cert exam at Scirion without having a well rounded exercise and nutrition background. I live in Maryland by the way.

Steven Snether

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 10:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Alissa,

You're right! The Scirion Institute exam is tough. My friend is a proctor for Scirion in Canada and he says it is a great market for personal trainers.

Jeff Craven

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 11:35 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scirion Institute of Exercise Physiology is good for the fitness industry.

Jason LaPres
Username: jlapres

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 01:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff

Yes, I am in Houston and my Scirion is valid.

Macria Newman
Username: marcianewman

Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 08:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone! I saw this site conducting a search and started browsing around it. This is probably one of the best fitness sites online and I am really glad I joined. As far as Scirion Institute of Exercise Physiology is concerned. They have a brilliant program because they understand that our industry is in need of repair. We have to get rid of the unqualified personal trainers and concentrate on the truly dedicated ones. Clients deserve the best and our industry has plenty, it's just that there are those who are making it difficult for people to respect our profession. I think Scirion Institute is one of the companies who is helping make sure we maintain a certain level of professionalism.
I'm going to search some other topics on this site and thanks for letting me join. See ya around!

Cynthia Butler
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 08:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would choose Scirion over most others because they have real exams.
Cindy

Sarah Oltmans
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 10:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking to become a personal trainer in the near future and was wondering if someone could answer a question for me. I don't have time to go to school and was wondering what would be the most recognized and well rounded online program.

Cheryl G - Denver
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 09:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scirion is a great institution, their exam is very comprehensive, study hard...know your nutrition, anatomy, etc.

Lou Love
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NASM is the best, hands down.

Penny Seader
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 07:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to get certified but there are so many options. Has anyone heard of National Personal Training Institute. It is a 6 month program-500hrs classroom and gym time. 930-230 M-Th Does it make a difference if you do a hands on certification or online when getting hired. Big price difference 6mo program $5,700.00 other $600.00.

Marie Hammond
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:01 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just recently accepted by Scirion to take their certification exam. My major in college was international business and marketing, but they took me because I was an intercollegiate athlete.

I am a little leary about this whole thing. I hear the exam is really hard to pass the first time, especially if you have no athetic training or related background. However, I am going to buy the study materials to use before I take it.

Do you think I will be ok? Does anyone know a lot about Scirion? I have other questions too.

THanks

Joanna Norton
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 11:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was looking at National Personal Training Institute also, but I want to make sure I am spending my money wisely. Is it really as good as it says it is??

Erica Almquist
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NPTI is a good program. There exam isn't as well respected as Scirion Institute's but they have good one-on-one instruction.

Audrey Hampton
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 10:36 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm ACE certified and I was looking into Scirion Institute too because I like their program. Does NPTI have locations oversees?

Ryan Buttles
Username: butts3351

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 05:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just recently took the Scirion exam and it was difficult. I applied for a job postion with the institute and had to take the exam online. I was allowed 2 hours to complete the exam and was unable to finish, ultimately not receiving a high enough score on the exam.

The test wasn't what I expected, there were alot more questions on nutrition and other applied science areas and less questions on exercise technique and program design. I have taken the NSCA(cscs) exam, and these two exams in my opinion are complete opposites in areas of concentration.

Along with some of you, I live in New York and had never heard of the Scirion Institute until I did some research. The only thing that concerns me, is that on alot of the job postings, ACSM, ACE, NSCA, and NASM are listed as recognized certifications. Rarely do you see, Scirion listed. Is this more of an area thing as far as east coast/west coast?

Dr. Weiss
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 02:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NPTI is o.k. I'm not sure they are worth $6000. If you're going to spend that kind of money, you might be better off going to college.

Frank Cheng
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scirion Institute of Exercise Physiology has it right. Tough program but well worth it. Also I recommend WITS.

Terrance B
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 05:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am certified by Scirion Institute and I thought the exam was hard but well worth the effort. The price is good too.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information