Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * Exercise < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Laura Langham
Username: laura205

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am wondering how often and how long you should exercise? I ususally exercise between 45 minutes and one hour everyday, alternating aerobic and weights. I have heard conflicting reports- exercise between an hour and an hour and a half.- don't exercise everyday. What is the truth, if any?

Laura
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

cg fitness consulting
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 01:30 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are doing more than 80% of the population. Consider yourself a successful exerciser !
Intensity is the key to whether it is a "truth" or not. At your frequency of exercise, the intelligent approach is to train for endurance aerobically 3-4 days per week and train at a higher intensity 1-2 days per week(with a good's night rest)Resistance training 20-30 minutes 3-4 days per week at 12-20 reps per set should keep you from overtraining. If you can't complete multiple set of at least 12 reps, you may want to decrease your frequency of resistance training.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information