Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * Personal trainer certifications < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MS
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 02:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am currently looking to get involved in personal training. I was a division one college soccer player, graduated in may with a degree in business management and have run a private swim lessons business for 10 years. Now I have been trying to research various certifications and programs and am having a difficult time sorting through the vast amounts of four lettered certifications. Some cost around $500 or less and can be achieved in only a few days or through at home programs, and than I see the Scirion Institute of Physiology and the National Personal Training Institute which are much more expensive and seem much more official. Many of the jobs I have been looking at simply require a certification, and others ask for a bachlors degree. While I already have the degree, it is not in the correct field and I would like to get as high and quality of a certification as possible without going back to numerous years of school. What do you know about Scirion, NPTI and any other programs that can give me a quality training. And is it worth it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Boyd
Username: certifiedguru

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 07:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MS, you first want to figure out where you want to work and what the potential for clientelle is. No certification or degree is worth it if you can't earn a living. As far as certifications go, there are plenty to choice from. The most popular are ACE, ISSA, Scirion Institute and Cooper. NPTI is o.k., but frankly charge way too much for their program. Scirion Institute probably has the most respected program in our industry and ACE has the most recognizable one. What ever you do, don't do an "at home" program like NESTA or AFTA because these are the least respected in terms of competency. Good luck!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information