Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * Losing my mind trying to lose weight ): < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CindaAllen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 04:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I need help so badly. I just wanna cry. I don't know what to do. One day I do Weight Watchers, but then I switch to low carb because I KNOW from past experience the weight comes off a lot quicker, but then I crave sweets, so I go back on Weight Watchers. In the meantime, I'm just getting heavier and heavier and heavier. I tried the Slim Fast with my daughter, who by the way has lost over 100-lbs. on the Slim-Fast diet (she's 21 years old). I feel great on it, but then I look at all the sugar and carbs and I think that it can't be healthy for me. In the meantime, my oldest daughter is getting married next month and I'm so disgusted with myself....I wanted to try to at least lose a little bit of weight.....has anyone got any suggestions? I probably need to go see a shrink. (: Thanks for at least listening.

46 years old and feel disgusted and ashamed of myself.

sophia
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 04:09 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I understand what you are going through, however, at 46 years old you should relize that the society we live in has contaminated our minds in believing that the only thing beautiful is tall, skinny, with big boobs and blond hair. That's not true. The most beautiful things come from within. They come from the job we do, the friends we have, the children we teach...beautiful comes from the kindness and love that we give to others. Beauty is respect for yourself and appreicating the person you are without consintrating on the exterior. Believe in yourself and you can achieve anything. I'm 22 years old, female, 5'6, and 170 pounds. I'm struggling too.

sallymusing
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 02:11 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pick a diet and stick to it! Talk to your physician! I like WW because it is a lifestyle change/choice. You really learn how to eat healthy and be active for a lifetime. Many other diets are simply quick fixes. It usually takes years to lose weight if you want to keep it off. It's normal to lose 5-8lbs a month. It took time to put it on, now it has to take time to take it off. EXERCISE too! Just walk, walk, walk.

marilyn sherman
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 01:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I, too, craved sweets but after really sticking to the low carb - high protein - the craving went away. Try again - don't give up - you are worth it!

Dan Molnar
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 01:16 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

your idea of seeing a shrink isn't a bad one. Counseling can be an effective tool. I've done quite a bit of research on the subject of weight loss and most people agree that effective weight loss plans include counseling. You seem to be a person who is sincere, but desperate. That's a good place to be. It can mean that you are coming to that place where you want to get serious about your future, and not just you daughter's wedding.
If you are interested, I will share my success story and hopefully provide a positive direction for you.

Shannon Garmley
Username: precious042177

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 08:32 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have to agree with Marilyn Sherman, If you stick with the low carb the sweet craving will go away, but nowadays the have so many low carb sweets that you can count into your daily carb intake that you feel like your not depriving yourself from anything. I think most peoples biggest mistakes is to thing low carb is just meat. But, there so many more options now, like carb options ice cream with 0 net carbs, Jell-O the same and they have these really good cookies called chips deluxe with is low carb only 3 net carbs. Not saying just eating junk food is good but if you add it to your daily food you wont feel deprived at all. Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

karajane
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 12:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Low carb is really easy once you get the hang of it, and the weight comes off. Just go online and pull up any and all information you can find on the subject. Start with cutting out some of your daily carbs. Have a boiled egg or two, but don't have the toast. Believe me, you can have a steak and salad, and you won't even miss the potato and garlic bread. Eat lots of green veggies. Try tuna salad on a large bed of lettuce with a few low-carb crackers. Just think of all the ways to cook chicken, fish, pork, steak, roasts, etc. I make a roast every other weekend. I fill it full of veggies. I just don't eat the potatoes and I don't have any rice with it. I am still very satisfied. I leave the potatoes, rice and bread for my husband who can eat anything and still stay slim. When you want something crunchy, try pork rinds. Drink lots of water. I take additional calcium with vitamin D and chromium picolinate. I have lost 30 lbs in just a few months and have not suffered any. My sweet cravings are less, and when I want something sweet I reward myself with my favorite dessert - ice cream - the real stuff. Of course, I count the carb content and adjust the rest of my meals accordingly. I have come to realize that I don't need all those fattening carbs. Read labels. Get a glycemic index so you'll know what to eat. You can look it up online and print it off. Get into a mind set that carbs are just as bad as smoking, or any other bad habit. You'll lose the weight and feel much better, too. Just remember, you won't lose the weight overnight, but you should see results in as little as a week, if you stick with it. That is the most important thing to remember....you have to stick with it!! If you keep bouncing back and forth between first one diet and another, your body cannot deal with it. You have to stick with one diet. The low carb diet has been the easiest one I have ever tried, and the one I have been able to stay on. Your body needs some carbohydrates. My limit is about 80 grams of carbohydrate per day. If you go over one day, then consume less the next day. If you find yourself slipping for a few days, get back on the wagon and start fresh. Just don't give up. Take long walks everyday. This will help your metabolism.

Robert Junkins
Username: robpt

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How to honestly lose weight through diet?

If you stick to your diet and obtain a regular exercise routine you should lose approximately 3 to 6lbs per week if your body doesnt' become stagnant.

Make sure you base exercise from your "fat burning level" Weight lifting is anaerobic, which uses the blood glucose instead of utilizing the body fat and turning it into sugars to feed your muscles. At age 46 your heart rate during your cardiovascular should be 115 to 130 beats per minute. Using cardiovascular intervals will also allow you to successfully drop weight.

If you have any further questions, please contact me.

Andrew C
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 01:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you should try the Abs diet. It's the last diet I'm ever gonna' do. I lost 50+ lbs, and I love it. It's not hard to stay on either. You should look into it!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information