Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * Any Great Health Tips? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Korin Waugh (Admin)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 11:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anybody have any great health tips?

unknown

Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 05:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

breathe

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, July 13, 2002 - 12:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What kind of health are you interested in? men women children....

M. El-Sherif

Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 06:16 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wanna know, what I should ask some one to get information for his medical background and physical type.

Thanks

nutritionally smart
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 09:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well...Essential Fatty Acids, found in fish and flaxseed oils can make a world of difference. Helping your immune system, lessening depression and a myriad of other problems you may have. I don't know where to begin, but I can't say everything I want or I'd have to write a book, but diet seriously makes a HUGE difference. You need a lot of water, fresh fruits and veggies, and nutritional supplements. Stay away from trans fatty acids ([partially] hydrogenated oils. They clog arteries. Use butter not margarine. Use olive oil if you want to live long, garlic, cocoa, grapes are all wonderful for you. Don't eat sugarry and starchy foods. Eat fewer calories to live longer. Detoxify your liver often. Snack on nuts, don't use aspartame. Use stevia or splenda instead of Nutrasweet and limit use of Sweet N Low. If you're brave enough to be a vegan make sure you get your vitamin B^12. Just eat fish, lots and lots of fish. They're just so healthy for you. That's why Japanese are the oldest living in the world--they're fish diet. oh and my favorite little hint, sugar free candies with sugar alcohols taste really good and are usually really beneficial to keep you regular. sleep 6 to 7 hours a night if you want to live long. Morning sunlight is very helpful for your body's circadian rhythm. Oh, exercise over 20 to 30 minutes actually increases cortisol, which is a hormone that produces stress and stress is really bad for your body. Try yoga to reduce stress there's loads of scientific literature on the subject. Make sure you get your calcium, lifting weights helps keeps your bones strong.

koss
Username: koss78a

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 10:54 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is there such a thing as doing too much cardio
can too much cardio reduce my strength and muscles?

Judy
Username: usntoothfairy

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 04:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Depends on your cardio. I do cardio 3-4 times a week, a brisk 15-30 walk. I put my 8 month old on my backpack and off we go :-) if your doing 45-60 minutes of cardio other than walking you could reduce strength/muscle.

Alfonz
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 08:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drink plenty of water! Minimum, two litres a day (*not* including tea, coffee, fizzy soda drinks, alcohol) Even a slight dehydration on your part can lead to a dramatic loss of performance, lack of energy, recovery time, skin condition, illness immunity - and over time, can lead to chronic illnesses.

x

Andrew B
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 01:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a common myth that you lose muscle strength and/or muscle mass by doing to much cardio but that's a large misconception. If you want to retain muscle you need to also fit in a few days a week to lift weights and target a few different muscle groups. But don't think that you by doing so can reduce your strength/muscle. But instead it help you build muscle. And as you can see somone who posted has thought this too. Remeber too, to drink plenty of water!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information