Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * General Questions * Stretch marks < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

tiffany

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 05:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I weighed 115 last summer, at the end of the summer i got on a new birth control called depo , its a shot, anywayz i used it for a year and every month i gained 5 pounds from it ... i now weigh 145 ... and i got alot of stretch marks from gaining weight so fast ...they are horrible mine are worse than my sisters and she just had a baby. how do i get rid of them? and any weight help? ( i am now off the shot but weight is still here)

Alex Mason
Username: mase

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 04:54 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

all bith controls will put weight on, wat u will need to do is get down the gym to burn the fat back off, i have heard that vit c will help reduce them, u can get it in a cream or sumthin like that, a few body builders i kno use it! try askin you doctor an c wat they say about it.

entwistle
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 09:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have colitus, which requires constant medication, take 9 different types of medication, my GP as surgested that i try a low carb diet, i dont no were to start to find recipies, from breaky to supper, please cud u offer any tips. ta

Dina
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 02:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is really nothing you can do to remove stretch marks...the skin has been damaged and its basically scar tissue now. However excercise (to keep the skin tight)and a tan can make them not as visable. I know there are creams out there that are supposed to lighten them, after I had my kids I used some Palmers cocoa butter cream....check out the internet on stretch mark creams...GOOD LUCK!

Elizabeth
Username: elizabeth

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 02:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

stretch marks are there for life. vitamin e oil, although it is thick like honey, works to help heal and prevent. i used it during pregnancy and ended up with very few stretch marks. also using vitamin e lotion as your everyday moisturizer is a good way to maintain.

Concerned
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 03:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First thing is first...get of the Depo shot...I put on the weight and now a year later I'm still fighting off the weight...not to mention that three of my best friends got pregnant off of it and they all had emergency abortions...Fulopian tube pregnancy....
Now for stretch marks...my friend who recently had a baby and looked like Freddy Kruger attacked her stomach uses cocoa butter/oil and vitamin e oils.
Hope this helps, but seriously get of the shot!

Heather
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 08:16 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had ababy 8 months ago and have many stretch marks. they are not very visible now even only after 8 months. Make sure you eat healthy ...and excercise a little everyday.. best way to get the weight off and keep your skin looking good.lotion up those marks everyday.. after the shower and before.. do your whole body... skin overall looks a lot better moisturized! Massage the marks for a couple of minutes when you put the lotion on.

entwistle:Try looking on The Food Network's website. i do more of a lower calorie thing, but they have great low-carb recipes also. there's also a Low carb and lovin It TV show that does just low carb recipes. Check it out!

donna street
Username: donna_s

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 04:42 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am 19 and over the past month stretch marks have started to come up on my inner thighs, and it seams to be traveling down my leg. can i stop it from spreding any further? its really scaring me. please help!

Gina27
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 09:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have strechmarks from my first pregnancy and I used every anti stretch mark creams, coco butter, and vitamin e oil. There is nothing to rid of these marks because it is damaged tissue under the skin. I have a flat stomach with stretch marks. The only thing I can say is, they don't look as bad as they used to 12 years ago, but they are still apparant. (Maybe I just got used to looking at them) :-)

Pamela Swensen
Username: pswensen

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 10:48 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone! There is hope for stretch marks! I got a lot of them on my abs when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was mortified! I am only 23 and still intend to be in a bikini. I did a lot of research and at first I thought there was nothing you can do. I went to a dermatologist to discuss laser removal treatments. He prescribed Retin A Micro and told me to try it first. It was $100 for the tube (I didnt have insurance at the time). I rubbed it on basically my whole stomache every day and I noticed dramatic improvement! When I am tan you can not even see them at all. Hope that helps!

Kristina D
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 09:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tiffany ~ If you are still taking the Depo shot, STOP! I never thought of myself as having a sensitive body, maybe I'm just in tune w/myself. If you are still taking the shot, notice your energy level and how your joints and bones feel. You'll notice after you go in for your next shot that you will hurt and be tired. Slowly you will start feeling better as the months go by, then when it's time for your shot, you'll start it all over again. I've also read on various reputable sites that what I was feeling was the effects of the shot somehow making my body unable to absorb much needed calcium. I full heartedly beleive there is a better option for you out there to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Good luck.

Shelley H.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 11:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm 22 and have TERRIBLE strech marks on my stomach..hips..breasts..and down both legs..innner and outer thighs....and they are deep. I've had 2 kids close together and...I have to admit I've tried everything out there!!....and not much has helped besides...using a firming body lotion and self tanner. When your tan they are not as noticable. No strech marks are ever just going to dissapear though!!

caley racher
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 03:20 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my friend has just had a baby, and complaining about her stretch marks all the time, when i told her to buy creams to help them fade she said her doctor has told her to have surgery, but her baby is only a few months old so i didnt think she would be told to have an operation just yet because she hasnt given it time to get rid of them. how much of this is true.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information