Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * What is the best time to exercise? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 07:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do you think is the best time to exercise and why?

Anonymous

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 01:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

id have to say either early mornign or early evening. i am a road runner, so this is the cooler times and there is also less traffic. it is a great way to start your day with a healthy exercise.

Candace

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 11:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for the time that will burn the most calories, then do it in the morning. It will get your heart rate up and you will burn more calories all day long. But that said,there have been some studies that say the best time to exercise is from 3pm-8pm because you are less likely to have an injury.

I personally do both, 30 mins of Tae-bo in the morning and 30 mins of something else in the evening hours.

Francesca

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 07:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Personally i run in my lunch hour, it leaves you feeling energised for the rest of the day and burns off your lunch!

shaun (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 07:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the best time to exercise is afternoon, it's actually bad for you to exercise early morning because the immune system has not peaked and you are prone to viruses, plus in the afternoon you will have probably consumed a good fuel source to train with.

lisa martens (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 01:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The best time of day to exercise is whenever you have time to do it consistently. I personally set the time of 7-730pm. I find I am the most energetic then. Listen to yourself!

cancan (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 11:06 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Morning,Noon,Night...who really knows.Just listen to your body and train when you have the most energy levels.

ANgel

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 09:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My schedule is very irregular (I work shifts). I can never find the same time everyday to run, is it ok if one day you run early in the morning and the next day at late afternoon?

Ashworth

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 03:06 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i wouldnt have thought it matters what time its done angel as long as you put the effort and time in.

efros

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 07:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i personally go to the YMCA pretty much every day and i enjoy playing basketball, i do this during th afternnoon, and after iam done with that i usually run a mile or 2 or sometimes a run a timed run instad of distance and that can burn calaroies alot. remebr that you burn callaroes also when u just lay on the couch or sit up

none

Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 02:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have many times that i can do some fitness activities, but i think that going for a run in the morning is great for me, and if i do it every day, i'm sure to get much fitter

James Lytle

Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 11:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any time of day is good to exersise. However if your not a morning person you will not be able to focus fully in the morning, so you should exersise when you are more alert and can push yourself to your best. If you are starting out then late night exersise will make it hard for you to go to sleep. Studies have been done on cyclists who were in great shape and they showed no signs of sleep loss due to late night exersise which was probably due to there great fitness levels.

jon dursglase
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 12:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yo don't excersise it just makes u gain weight and builds up your blood pressure. however, eating lots of vegetables and sometimes even chocolate can give muscle tone. and sometimes a nice six package.

E.K
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 06:12 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't think it's very healthy to exercise hard in the morning when your metabolism isn't working properly yet. The time of the day when you are the most active is the best, which would normally be from 11 am to 8 pm. This, of course, depends on your personal daily routin (when you wake up and go to sleep, and when you eat). I eat my dinner at 6 pm and do my daily exercises at around 8. Then I take a shower and never have trouble sleeping. I think exercising later in the evening is the best time for me.

Allyn Curry
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 11:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like to jog in the morning. Is it best to eat a light breakfast or just coffee and go?

Michelle Angeloff
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 09:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It all depends on what you're looking for, if you want to burn fat -- first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. If you just want to live healthy, whenever you do it is fine. Running is a great exercise whenever you do it. Just be aware of your goals and train accordingly.

adrian
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 08:36 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

may I ask a qwestion?
what is the best time for exercising morning or afternoon pls who ever read this mesage pls answer ty

abbie gayle forsberg
Username: gabby4jc

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 10:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Listen to your body...if you have a long day ahead. i'd go in the mornin because it makes you feel endergized and ready to start your day well! But...do what you want, there is no right or wrong time!

M.B.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 03:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that exercising in the morning is great for me because that is when I have more time. You can't always depend on doing your workout later on the day because the weather situation may change before your eyes, for those of you who exercise outdoor.

katie morse
Username: blondiemorse

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 07:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am 38 years old just started back exerciing on my crosstriner whens best time to do it and how many time a week and for how long trying to lose another 85 i have lost so far 39 doing the south beach deit. i weigh 241

Tracy-Ann Bryan
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 08:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I burn 100 calories a day from doing 30 minutes of eleptical exercise on my Orbitreck machine, is that enough to see a difference in weight loss if not please give me some advice.

searching for advice
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 12:57 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 17 years old and trying to get into top shape for baseball season. What is a good time goal to set for a mile run?

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of loose, stretched skin? About a year ago I weighed around 250lbs, and now im down to 165lbs. Most of the stretched skin is in the upper arms, stomach, and thighs.

The amount of calories burned doesnt necessarily determine how much you benefit from excercise. If you work at a moderate-vigorous pace on your eliptical for that full 30 minutes, then it is a good workout and you will definately benefit from it in your weight loss goals. (10 minutes of jogging on a treadmill burns well over 100 calories... just something to think about)

renee
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 11:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Tracy,
You have to burn approx 3000 calories to lose one pound. Therefore if you burn 1500 calories per week excercising and 1500 calories from decreasing your daily caloriec intake - you'll burn 3000 calories. If you walk on the treadmill at a pace of anywhere between 3.5 and 4.0mi/hr for one hour you will burn approx 300 - 350 calories in one hour. Then decrease your diet by 500 calories per day for 5 days(if you eat the normal avg 2000 calories per day decrease it to 1500 but keep an adequate balance of calories 50%carb, 30%protein, 20%fat per se). So walk on the treadmill for a hour for 5 days (300 x 5 = 1500) plus decrease your daily caloric intake by lets say by 215 calories per day for 7 days ( 215 x 7 = approx 1500) Then you have 1500 + 1500 = 3000 calories and theres your pound lost.

Blundell
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 07:45 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

where i work we have fitness training every day for an hour or somethime an hour and a half, we start at 7:30am(Australia) , its great it prepares you for the day and wakes you up, just remember strecth before and after the training

joana ginete
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 11:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am losing weight and i dont want loose skin what can i do?

Willee
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 02:40 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MOST ADVANTAGEOUS: according to researchers/universities, approximately 4pm (2pm-6pm), assuming average sleep times. Body temperature naturally peaks at this hour, reducing risk of strains/sores and burning more calories. Flexibility and mental clarity are also at peaks. DISADVANTAGES: inconvenience of schedule, risk of pollution and sun if outdoors. CONCENSUS: Optimal late afternoon, better ANYtime than never.

sara murad
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 02:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what kind of excersises we should do for our legs, thigh and buttoks

Charity Faith
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 10:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 38 years old and trying to get my metabolism burning and to lose about 12 pounds, but I don't know how much of a workout that I should do on a treadmill. I have been walking about 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week on my treadmill and burning about 200 calories. Is this really enough to work off of the inches. I am trying to cut back on snacking and the sweets, but not really counting calories. Tell me what you think?

youonlywishish
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 01:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been told that exercising right when you wake up is the best time to exercise because its the time that you have the most energy and helps you to start off your day guilt free. Just knowing that later in the day that you alfready got your exercise in and have already done something good to your body, hepls you to motivate you in sometime wanting to exercise more and helps you from not crashing and burning when it comes to unhealthy foods. Even though exercising anytime of the day is fine,you should really aim for the morning exercises it helps to kick off your whole day!

Traceycovered
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 10:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which is best? running on the treadmill,running on cement, or running on th track?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information