Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Tummy fat and love handles. any ideas? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dee

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 01:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i know this is totally impossible but im going to try anyway. i have two weeks to loose my love handles. theyre not really bad but noticable. my tummy is ok but has that pot layer of fat around my belly button. can anybody tell me what and how i can loose my love handles and this layer of fat in two weeks? i work out but not as often as i should. i have started doing ten minutes of skipiing combined with 200 jumpimg jacks-broken u into sets of 50. i will be doing these every second day while working out for an hour and a half on the other second days in the gym i know this is really to the extreme for my body but time is running out! i would be grateful for any answers thank you

AthenaMedia
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No carbs except oatmeal in the morning and half a cup of wild rice a day with lunch or dinner. Eat more fish than chicken, turkey, or red meat. Snacks can be an apple with 3 teaspoons of peanut or cashew butter with no salt. Eat plenty of steamed dark green vegatables, also yellow veggies like summer squash is good. Take CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), an essential fatty acid formula such as Health From The Sun The Total EFA in liquid or gel capsules, Ester-C, a good multi vitamin, and B multiple. I like everything by Rainbow Light. This company makes highly absorbable supplement formulas. Drink one gallon of water per day. Do a complete ab workout 4-5 days per week (situps on a slant board, flat board, leg raises, leg lifts on a roman chair) a minimum of 45 minutes of cardio 5 days per week. Do the machine at the gym where you are seated and twist side to side. I forget what it's called. A trainer at the gym can tell you. Walking up hill on the treadmill is great. I hope this helps.

Eric
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 12:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two weeks is an extremely short time, and i am gonna give it to you straight, your not going to loose all of it for sure. But you could loose upto an inch if that is what your looking for. You have to do cario ( I mean run). Two 45 minute sessions 5 days a week. One in the morning before your meals and one in the evening. The remaining two days you can do your usual stuff. Cut out all fried foods that is if you are still eating then, and make sure your last meal is before 7:00 PM. This should pretty much help you to get where you want to get to in the long run. Give it your best shot. Good Luck !!

Spongebob
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 03:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry to burst your bubble, but its rather difficult to loose all that in two weeks? are you going to a wedding or something? just think of this: it isnt abnormal to have a little body fat even though your built skinny; in fact, its completely normal. while there may be tons of people without the tummy fat/love handles, theres tons and tons of people with that and more.
however, i do understand where you're coming from because i, too, have love handles. if you concentrate on one particular part of your body (i.e., working our your love handles) it isnt going to work. instead, do an entire body workout, run, and eat healthy. i would recommend Mari Winsor's version of Pilates (the 20 minute workout). it does wonders! happy fat-burning!

Abbey Bernard
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 03:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi- im doing work out videos and some moves in magizines, i was just wondering if this will help me loose weight and tone up. and if u have any suggestions please let me know- thanks, bye!

James
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 07:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it possible to do this without all the dietary supplements. I have limited options when it comes to diet as a I'm a poor sob. I can do the oatmeal and rice, the fish may be a problem. I do have access to my school gym so exercise is not a problem.

Oh, and btw, I don't need to lose it 2 weeks, I'm actually just starting to work out now. I'm not overweight (5'11'' male 155 lbs), I'm actually a little on the skinny side, and though my stomach is for the most part flat, there is a layer of fat that I want there that I want to get rid of, as it folds over when I sit. I also want to tone up my arms, legs, and butt a bit if possible. Any reccomendations for a poor guy just starting out? I'm willing to work out 3 times a week. Just need to know the right exercises to do to get in good shape (I don't want to be big or anything).

Kristina Maffei
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 07:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey, i have a month to loose my love handles that i absolutely hate, and this little pouch that sits on my stomach, is there anything you can tell me like any diet pills etc. also i've been on and off the south beach diet. what do you think about that diet??

gill
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 07:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi im 22 and 10st 2lbs, id love to loose about a stone. Ive tried the atkins diet and found it difficult as i like my potatoes and bread. Also found myself very tired and lathargic. most of my weight i on my love handles and i have a pot belly, would also like to gain back that space between my thighs.Going on holiday in 5 weeks any ideas?

vivian washington
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 10:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi I'm 40 years old have 4 child i have a large amount of fat around the stomach area and love handle i dont do any type of work out some people said that if my stomach muscle have torn or slit there nothing that can ready be done for my stomach area is this true, or is there something that can be done to lose it.

Whitney Valcik
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 10:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm a 23 yr old female and 7 months ago had my 3rd baby. I weigh about 120 and would like to get back down to 110 0r 115. I have lost most of my "baby fat" and every one says i look "great(for having 3 kids)". I don't know if that's a compliment or what. I want to look like i used to. I'm not fat by any means, but I can't get used to the extra baggage cuz it's not what I'm accostum to. I need to know how to tighten my stomach more (sit ups seem to make it bulge more) and loose my love handles. These two are my biggest problems and no matter what I do I can't fix them. I eat right, run 2miles at least 2-3 days a week, do all kinds of cruches and leg raises and nothing seems to help. I'm close to giving up cuz its a lot of work with no rewards. What can I do? Summer is coming and that means swim suit. I'm thinking one-peice. And does Tae Bo really work?

rachel haddock
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 01:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I am 27 female. I weigh 138 5'5.I am bulky. I did the low carb thing and I looked great for a while but I had no energy and I felt unhealthy so I am doing the veggies-brown rice- low fat protein thing and I work out 5 days a week for about an hour a day. I lift weights, run, use various gym machines and I hike like a crazy women but I cant loose the side thigh fat. If anyone has any ideas please help. Oh and my cal intake is about 1600 a day. Do I need to reduce it??

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information