Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Elliptical machines < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kristy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 02:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just recently starting cardio again after a three month break due to work.

I joined a bigger better gym and they have so many machiens I dont knwo what to use first lol

the problem is, I tore a ligament in my left knee snowboarding a few weeks ago, and I'm wondering if there is any particular machine, or excerisizes that will be less strenuous on my knee??

Thank you!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Atypical Persona
Username: athletic

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 10:11 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isolate the calve muscles, with super low weight and high reps. (50 - 100 Toe Raises or the like.) Then, try isometric exersice for your upper leg. Sitting in a chair, extend one leg in front of you. Try not to point your toes, and lift your leg upwards, hold for one second, then lower. (that makes one rep.) Do this with little or no weight. About 50 - 100 reps, then switch legs. These exercises will help build the muscles that support the leg, thus relieving pressure on the knee. I would avoid any exersices that require weight and bending of the knee until you are confident that yout knee is fully recovered. (GOOD LUCK) I used this method to rebuild my leg when I was hit by a car. Lucky for me my ACL wasn't torn. (It took about 30 days to regain strength).

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information