Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Question about Elliptical machines < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bobo
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 06:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I use precor EFX 546 elliptical machine in my gym. It has 8 programs the names of which are the following: Crosstraining , Gluteals , Interval, Manual and Weight Loss. My question is that if i want to lose weight should i use only the weight loss program? What do the other programs mean?

Thanx

CORINNE JOHNSON
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 01:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for a women what is the best setting to workout legs,butt, and total body on a precor elliptical machine with these settings, crosstraining, gluteals, interval, manual and weight loss. I want to workout my legs and butt and other areas.which setting should I USE?

katie morse
Username: blondiemorse

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 07:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you think 20 mintues starting out the crosstrainer is enough i am going to try next week to do it for thirty mintes a day for six days a week. i took a break today so far done it for three days now. and i am doing the south beach deit to and lost so far 39 so this should help me lose more right still need to lose 85 more. blondie

D.R.Robinson
Username: evilknevil

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, September 13, 2004 - 02:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello...I also have a elliptical machine. Unfortunatly ..mine does not have all those settings. Some of those settings I know...are for targetting different areas of your body....glutes(butt) thighs...hamstrings etc.
The weightloss setting probably sets a more comfortable pace....allowing you to go at a consistent speed and burn more calories by this method. Many of the other settings are to mix things up...like combining shaping resitance (for sculpting your butt thighs etc) as well as harder resistances like climbing hills etc...to make your muscles work harder which leads to toning and strengthening which in turn..increase your muscle tone and mass which leads to your body eventually burning more fat!Just so ya know....1 pound of fat burns about 2 calories a day on its own---where as 1 pound of lean muscle can burn about 14 calories on its own.
Not to sat you need to be a body builder...but hitting your muscles really helps them to tone and shape and this increase your fat burning!
Also....drinking lots of water is key!!!
DO NOT NEGLECT DRINKING LOTS OF WATER DAILY exercising or not!
Bottomline is....all those settings are good....just depends on what and where you are trying to target. I'm sure if you try different settings--you will feel different muscles coming in to play...that should give you a good idea of what is doing what!!

Hope I helped ya some....

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information