Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * What foods should I eat??? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adron
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 03:26 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My basic problem is that I was going about the FAT loss(not weight loss although I know im going lose weight when losing some fat) all wrong. I was just building muscle under my fat which is why i was baffled at the fact that my muscles were hard and strong but I still had this chubby-ness to me. So now ive decided to include cardio and a healthy diet. Im eliminating junk food from my diet but I dont know what foods (including beverages) to consume to help with my FAT loss program. Also what foods should I avoid and what portions and times to eat are best. Thanx and sorry for the long post.

--Note Im a 16 yr old Male
Im 5'6 and weigh 160lbs with 34-36 in waist
and Heck maybe losing some weight wouldnt hurt either:-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

erock
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 05:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

small portions more often (5-6 times daily)
-pretty much try to eat every 3-4 hours
eat lots of good protein (1 gram or protein for every lb of body weight):
-fish
-lean beef
-chicken
-supplemental
--have some cottage cheese mixed with yogurt in the morning to give you a good supply of casein protein which absorbs slower than whey protein. also have some plain cottage cheese before you go to bed as this will stimulate your metabolism over the night and, in turn, help you lose weight more effectively.
drink lots of water: 1 ounce per 2 lbs of body weight to start.
carbs are not your enemy, DO NOT even think of the atkins diet. simply cut down on your carbs, mostly eliminate white breads and white rice. whole wheat and brown rice are easier for your body to break down.
sodas=bad
milk=good
veggies=good
fast food=forget about it
always look at the saturated fat on the labels of your foods, as a general rule of thumb, try to buy foods where the percentage of saturated fats is less than the percentage of fat in general.
saturated and transfats=bad
foods low in saturated and transfats=good
watch your sodium intake as sodium will make your store water which makes your feel fat.
eat lots of bananas
not drinking water will tell your body to store all the water it gets, make sure you drink lots of water so your body doesn't go into water conservation mode.
work out. (at least 20 mins a day, 5 days a week)
if you want to eat bad, designate one bad meal per week ...fridays are good for this ;)
caffeine helps you lose weight if you intake enough of it ...but when you take it, make sure you aren't taking it with any sugar/carbs as this will eliminate the positive effects of caffeine (boosts metabolism). 300mg per day is not bad.
ex. coffee, black, no sugar = about 120gm of caffeine.
milk will also stimulate weight loss.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information