Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * How to be a better hiker < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jiti
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 05:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi friends,

I go for hiking with my club once a month. Our hikes last a day - we walk about 4-6 hours and walk upto an ascent of 2000-3000 meters - we walk about 900-1200 meters. Though I can walk but my speed is very slow compared to others hikers. I am looking for suggestions on how I can improve my speed. I have no problems otherwise during the walk - except that I cannot walk as fast as others.

A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cmorais
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 02:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jiti - I have been hiking for many years now, and in the beginning I had the same problem... What I figured out was, after doing it more often, you make yourself take longer strides. Step OVER roots and rocks, instead of up onto them; it conserves energy, and speeds up your pace. The more often you hike, the better you will get at foot placement, and being quicker at it; that also helps quicken your pace.
hope that helps,

-Christina

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information