Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Cramps while running < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Running Problems, I need helpJohn smith07-05-05  08:45 pm
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

warren72
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 11:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I started running about a week ago. I had tried to get into a routine before but I always got cramps when I was running so I gave up. Now I am just braving the pain and keep running until I can't stand the stomach cramp. Any suggestions to help this? I know I can keep running if I could get rid of this cramp.

badrunner77
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 11:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i get the same thing, talked to a doctor, it's not the stomach, but it feels like right under the rib cage, supposedly it's muscle skeletal related...not sure, they say just keep on conditioning the body, it should get better, it doesn't happen to me all the time tho, if i run in the morning or so, it's a lot better,

kim
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 02:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear sir,
I just got done reading some information about stomach cramps from running. Here are a few tips I learned: drink plenty of water before and after you run ; while running, mantain an upright posture, with your abdominals tucked in slightly, and concentrate on breathing evenly and paced-like. you must start this from the beginning of the run for it to be effective ; do not run within an hour and a half of eating.; These tips have helped other people well. I hope they help you, also.

Anne Dailidonis
Username: axcsd14

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 03:57 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i know its really late to post this but i have the same problem and if u bend down and curl up it usually will go away. It's just because your not used to the running yet

Susan Wachowich
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 10:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have incured a similar problem when i began running part of it has to do with your muscular endurance - with time the cramps go away - try to slow to a walk till the pain goes away a bit then begin running again to strengthen the muscle - you may also want to increase your intake of magnesium which helps to reduce muscle cramping

TawnyLauren
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 07:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have this problem all the time, and it's not just new runners that have this problem. I run all the time, and experience severe cramps after about 1.5 miles. For me, it's not dehydration, as I drink more than 2 liters of water during the day before I begin the workout in the evening. I do not eat beforehand, and I keep my breathing very even. I still, almost every time, am stopped by cramps. Does anyone have any other ideas?

static2605
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 07:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

like everyone here, i seem to have the same problem. i think its from drinking water and running fast. it seems that that water is shaking up and down in the stomach and i get that pain, but when i walk it stops.tho i could be wrong.

grace
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 11:10 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lack of potassium is also a large factor, eat a bananna.

Cam
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 10:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most runners breath out as they plant their right foot,this cause an impact on your organs attathed to your diaphram. Exhale as you plant your left foot. You have to concentrate on this but the cramps will ease up. Alternate between the two as you run.

stephanieS
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 09:54 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same exact problem when I run. I learned in a physiology class that the reason for this cramping and burning in theses muscles is caused from a build-up of lactic acid. This happens when your muscles are not getting enough oxygen and your anaerobic system kicks in. There are a lot of articles on the internet about the build-up of lactic acid and what you can do to prevent it.

Nikki Robinson
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 01:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I seem to have the same problem with cramps and running. I am usually fine during the run, but immediately after I stop running I get very severe stomach cramps. They are quite problematic for about 20minutes after I run. I leave for Police academy in a week and a half so if you guys have any suggestions on how to get rid of this problem I would be very greatful. I'm not gonna have 20 min to get over cramps at the academy.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information