Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Fitness Buddy Group < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

admin

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 01:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Weight Loss buddy Group has been such a success that we are starting a Fitness Buddy Group, so lets start posting!

melissa (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 09:29 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I am 80 lbs over weight. I recently started to walk. Now I am walking .25 of a mile and jogging .25 of a mile. I do this with a neighbor for about one hour. Now I am not going to lie I am tired but since we are alternating them I have time to get my breath back! do you recommend me doing this?

steviec76

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 10:37 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you feel comfitable and you're blood pressure is stable i recommend you continue, but please be aware that although your exercising you still need to watch you're diet, cut down totally on the fat (Saturated) and little amount of Carb's per day. This may take time BUT with a little determination YOU CNA DO IT.
Good luck....
Eat plenty of white meat NO skin but only in little portion's about every 3/4 hours 3/4 times per day.
Medium amounts of Vegtables NO Pasta / NO Bread if you can cope possibly once a week or once every 10 days.
Drink Plenty of water 2 / 3 litres per day every day.

linda67
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 06:08 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what is the difference between a local council leisure centre and a privately owned health and fitness club

Jess Strong Jr
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 01:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Melissa, the method you are using, walk-jog, was one that was taught to me by a man named Phil English who was the high school track coach, funny thing is that he was also the high school English teacher.

That routine helped me go from barley being able to jog a block, a short block, to jogging three miles in 30 minutes in 30 days.

Any way, when I train people I do not have them focus out diet but rather on creating a good healthy exercise program and sticking with it. I then give them a list of healthy foods that they can begin to implement as they go.

When I trained my mom I had her find one thing each monthly that she was willing to give up completely or cut back on. In five months she went from a size 22 to a size 8.

Even the staff at the health club was amazed. Plus I won the $50.00 bet that my mom made with me.

As for blood pressure... letís face it for overweight people getting up in the morning and rushing to the bathroom gets our blood pressure up.

But if you find yourself getting dizzy, or at least dizzier than normal (hah ha) then slow down. If you start to get a headache and or ringing in the ears...STOP! This is a good sign that your blood pressure is to high.

Keep up the good work.

dee
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey im looking for fitness buddy. some one who also needs motivation and support. write soon dee x x x

nicolette
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 09:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its like that saying:
Weight loss is 20% exercise and 80% diet.

And thats just a bummer b/c I could exeercise w/ no problem, its my eating habits that are hard to break!

Jill Wright
Username: jwright7981

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 06:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there

I am new to this site. I have started exercising again for bout 45 min in the am. I was looking through recipes and someone said should eat chicken and white rice with veggies. Is that ok? I love white rice and could eat a ton of it. Probably not good, rite?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information