Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Strength training < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dell

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 01:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All my buddies tell me I should be spending at least 2-3 hours in the weight room a day. I only have enough time to spend about an hour working out and I was wondering if I am missing out on progress because of this.

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 04:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's quality not quantity, buddy. If you only workout for an hour and do all your lifts properly, and you train hard, you will get more results than your buddies who are OVERTRAINING their muscles. Just make sure you are working out properly and you will be fine.

Jannie (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 08:55 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was told that weight training every day is not healthy for your muscles. Is every other day better in order to give your muscles time to recover and re-shape?

fergy016 (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 01:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is better for your muscles to excersize every other day because they have a day to recov before ripping them apart again, to make them stronger.

na (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 11:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

routine builds muscle, not pushin over the limits

M L

Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 11:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dell, I hope you don't listen to your buddies. Your body cannot take a 2-3 hour per day weight training routine, unless your doing some heavy eating, supplementing, and steroids. If your doing those things you're certainly not interested in your health. Don't listen to them. You should keep any weight training routine under 1 hour. After that your body becomes catabolic, unless your consuming an excess amount of balanced calories. What that means is that your body actually breaks down your muscles to give you the energy to build new ones, which would be counter-productive. After that hour if you want you can do some sort of cardio or you could do cardio on your off days. Good Luck.

Mkoll

Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 12:58 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been doing weights now for about 4 months i only just turned 15 and i do 3kg 100 times in each arm, then i work of 350-400 calories cycling every day, then every day that i don't do weights (i do them very other day) i do 100 sit-ups, i would just like to know are sit-ups the best method of improving stomach muscles?

go blue

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 02:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MKoll-
Don't be in too big of a hurry to build big muscles, you're still young. Make sure that when you're doing your bicep curls that you aren't swinging your body back and forth to use momentum. Ask your school Phys Ed teacher for a couple exercises to do some other LIGHT work with those 3kg dumbells - it would be a good idea to strengthen the larger muscle groups (chest, back, shoulders) before you concentrate on your arms. Regarding your situps, just be sure that you are not pulling on your head on the way up because this can hurt your neck. There are hundreds of different exercises to strengthen your abs, you just have to be careful that you do them correctly. Do a little searching on the internet and you should be able to find some exercises... just remember this: if it feels too easy, do it SLOWER until it burns burns burns - that burn means you're going to be stronger the next time you do it.

who knows
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 06:32 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Workout with heavy weights in short intense workouts allowing plenty of recovery time in between workouts.

20inch guns
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

man your buddies must be little runts.

you cannot gain decent muscle size training everyday

many of the professional bodybuilders and powerlifters train only up to 4 times a week..

my advice is to learn from the big people they have done it before so they can tell you what to do and what not to do.

thats what i did

dont listen to your buddies they dont know what they are on about

Tonya Harlan
Username: tonyahr

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 09:26 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to train 5-6 days a week lifting weights and cardio. I have been unable to do so for about 1 year. I am back in the gym and 15 pounds heavier. Will I be able to get back into shape faster since I was in great shape before. Can I build up my mucsles again quickly or will it be a long journey?

Evo
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 06:25 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

less means more and more means less when it comes to progress in the gym. do short but intense workouts, like static contraction training, HIT, etc.

john p
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 10:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was wondering whether it is bad to do a lot of cardio while lifting weights. I enjoy doing a lot of activities that require cardio such as running and mountain biking but i also want to bulk up.

gym fly
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 09:09 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was wondering whether or not it is a bad thing to do a complete upper body workout one day along with some cardio...then a complete lower body workout the next day with some cardio. This is how I work out. Upper then lower every day of the week.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information