Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Pain caused by lifting weights < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 12:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone ever get pain in the arms (either elbows, forarms, or wrists) from doing curls? Is this caused by bad technique?

James Lytle

Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 11:58 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This can be caused by bad technique but can also be caused by over exersizing. Your wrists get worked in almost every weight lifting exersize regardless of what your trying to isolate. By using straps to help your grip in exersises such as rows, chins, deadlifts, hammer curls, ect. you will take strain off your wrists and it will help. If the problem still persists try lighter weights and perhaps a break from curls. you can work your biceps in compound exersizes such as chins.

Rick
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 02:11 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'd say bad technique.
I'm 15 and work out 4 days a week, in which i do 6 sets on my biceps (3 on outer, and 3 on inner). And in my all around general workout, i have no pain the next day. I'd recommend getting a curled bar if you don't already have one, and do inclined curls instead, the bar i'm talking looks somewhat like this:
---\____/---
the thing's a godsend for me, i've been gaining more muscle, and the curve in the bar takes a lot of pressure off your wrists and arms in general.

bob
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 06:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

its not really bad technique for the most part. the reason is probley as easy as you have too much weight on the bar, and your little muscles in you arm are not as strong yet. so do less weight and higher reps and slowly move up the weight that should work.

JrXJoe
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 04:01 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use to have the same pain on my arms when i did curls...someone pointed out i was doing it wrong and to keep my elbow in a fixed position beside my body. Ever since i have not had the pain.

Daniel McCormick
Username: chippy03

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 10:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm 17 and I work out atleast 4 to 5 times a week depends on my free time. and I've been getting pain in my wrists and my forarms when I'm doing curls. I'm think I may be over exersizing. I do about 10reps 10 times, with a 15 second brake period in between each set of reps a day with any where from 70 to 80lbs. Am I over doing it?

Jimmy Curazo
Username: jimmyc

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 12:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i had the same thing with triceps i get intense pain just above the elbow ive talked with trainers and they say some people have it some dont its sometimes just biomechanics and you have to work through the pain and it will pass after a couple months

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information