Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * How do men lose the love handles on the sides and lower back area? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daniel Boley

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 04:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am in pretty good shape but I can't seem to lose that unwanted skin that hangs just over the waist line or pant line in the lower back area and the sides.

joecool8746

Posted on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 04:23 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get used to it. These are natural male fat deposits.The best excersize for working your sides is with a comfortable weight in one hand. Lean to the side of the weight and bring it back up. Do 3 sets, 12 reps on each arm. Good Luck!

maren clifton (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 04:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only way to lose fat is by burning it. By lifting weights and doing crunches, you are only hardening the muscle under the fat. Your best bet is cardio exercise and aerobic activity.

tom cassidy

Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 08:16 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To get rid of the Handles of Love, you need to start crunches and sit ups with a twist. Right elbow towards left knee etc....Remember it is aslow process, results come with time.also dont where your pants too high as it makes the handles look worse, keep the pants a few inches lower than the handles.

george

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 08:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In terms of aerobic exercise, what is the equivalent in cycling (at average speed of 22 kms/hr) for the running marathon of 26 miles and 300 yds?

go blue

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 02:58 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Research shows that the human body responds to intensity, not necessarily volume... for those with a little extra around the middle, try some incline training. Find a large football stadium at a nearby university, or stairs at some sort of nearby park - any set of 75 or more stairs, or a steep hill at least 80 meters from bottom to top (check golf courses). Go to this incline once or twice a week, and sprint up that sucker as hard as you can. Maybe start out with 5 and work your way up. More fit people, try 3 sets of 5 with 3 mins between sets. I have found these incline workouts to be pivotal whenever I want to get super cut for the summer or spring break - lots of guys have big chests/shoulders/arms, but not many have an 8-pack. Running requires your body to work as a system, but the necessary knee drive to sprint up stairs or hills really targets the midsection. Make sure you warm up properly and do some stretching beforehand.

Afterwards, try doing 4-8 sets of different ab exercises, including some twisting. Remember, when working your abs, it's intensity,not volume (i.e. who cares if you can crank out 3000 crunches...), so focus on doing your reps SLOWLY and getting a good burn... that burn is going to develop your abdominal/trunk muscles, and muscle tissue burns more fat at rest than any other tissue - it's a cycle that requires patience, as Maren said. Good luck.

Tenaya Jones
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 06:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just wondering what cardio exercises are. i do circus and all that but i still have love handels and fat and i would like to get rid of them but i have no idea what cardio exercises are. please explain

Rick
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 02:40 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually Tenaya, if you are still coming here? Cardio excercise, as I have been told, is exercise to get the heart pumping such as jogging and other fast paced exercise. I am surprised people who mentioned cardio exercises did not say what it is, like give and example of it? But some do not think about others maybe forgetting phrases or just not knowing the meaning.

jonah b
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 08:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how can i get a built chest and abs?
what exercises at home can i do?

ty
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like more toning excersize options that issolate the inner, outer thighs, lower abs and glute muscles; I do 30 min. running sessions on the tread mill 3-4 x/wk (perhaps more) as well as various leg excersizes. I do not feel I am getting the results I am looking for. Can you help? Before I go, one last question, how does one achieve that nice ridge definition in the lower back??????

adam whitehall
Username: ad_trainer

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 08:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can't "Spot Reduce" you dont choose where the fat go on and you cant choose where it comes off. My advice is to you is to continue with your cardio exercise and add some additional compound exercise's such as Squats, Deadlifts, Presses, Chins/Pulldowns and dont forget your core stability.

Brad Herschey
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 10:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do 3 sets of pushups, situps and dips until failure every morning but I was wondering if I should go to every other morning for better results. I know that you need rest between workouts for best results but does that pertain to this excercise as well.

Alan
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 06:43 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adam is right, you cannot target fat loss with exercise despite popular belief to the contrary (half the country is off doing crunches cause they think it helps their stomach).

I disagree that cardio is the best exercise. Weights do so much more than just build some muscle under the fat. Resistance training boosts your metabolism, and any muscle you add requires calories to upkeep every day. Comparing how much time you need to spend on it, weights beat cardios in my experience. Remember with cardios your metaboism returns to its normal slow rate within an hour or so after completion of the exercise. Naturally you are best off doing both...

Xodesireexo
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Pant line gets on my nerves like crazy , Next month Im going to Flordia.I will have on my bikini a lot.I just dont want my my line to show .
All of my other friends dont have a pant line ,Their stomach just goes straight down ,with out that little line right below their belly buttom,How do I get rid of my pant line ???!?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information