Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * How to Slim Down Legs? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 5 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 03:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to slim down my legs. Specifically my calves,i tried jogging a long time ago and my calves got extremely bulky and since then I haven't been able to slim them down. Any advice?

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 01:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

pilates works great! It will leave you with lean long legs. Try it out & keep us posted.

kc (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

could you please tell me what pilates are?

tracy lee (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 12:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its a series of exercise videos targeted to your specific needs, without resistance training so you can sculpt without bulk. Its similar to yoga.

(Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 01:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need a little help in trying to lose weight from my lower half, I'm what they call little in the middle but pack much back, my thighs and buttocks need trimming, what particular excercises works best for this area, I have tried jogging, but I feel like Im bulking and not trimming and slimming the area.

HELP!

dian (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 12:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi I also need help with this same problem, my legs are so fat!!! I have lost 65 ibs and have 30 more to go, I now have lots of flab what can I do to get rid of this??? Also i would like a good bust exercise to firm up. Thanks dian

Kate

Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 08:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if you want to trim not bulk your legs try swimming and bike riding. In particular when you do swimming if you want to concentrate on your legs do leg drills - use kickboards both on your back and front. Swimming is also good for losing weight in other areas as it is the sport that uses most muscles at a time. As it is not weight bearing you don't get the bulk.

tracy griffith

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 06:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

walk on the tredmill for thirty minutes. every three minutes do a 30-15 second sprint. it makes for long lean legs

kisha

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 05:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you dont know me. i could be fat and you wouldnt know. but im saying for long legs, trust me girls(or guys) you seriously need to try kick boxing. It firms your butt, too. man o man, its great. i got lean legs now because ive been doing kickboxing for 1 year and a half. they used to be short and stubby. good luck!

Natalie

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 02:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have long legs but they look short and stubby because of all the fat in my thighs and butt! i have tried running it off but my legs just seemed to look more muscular and i want them to look lean! HELP!

Erin Gabrielle Walters

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 02:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need an at-home workout ( no machinery) that targets your outter thighs and hips and slims down your legs instead of leaving them bulky and muscular PLEASE HELP ME i have like a month before school!!:-(

sandra

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 07:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

help

i want to slim legs any advise although my willpower is not could i need advise how to slim and keep will power

James Lytle

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 12:53 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One thing will do it and that is jagar squats. do at leat 8 sets of these try to do as manny reps as you can but aim for 50 when you are starting out. To do jagar squts simply stand then squat and then stand again, however try to do this as fast as humanly posible and then try to go faster. When you do them think faster, faster, faster. Speed is the key and they work. Good luck.

sarah
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 09:33 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need help. I have always been very athletic but for some reason I cannot shape my thighs and butt . I am only 5 foot so chunky legs make me look even shorter. What can I do to make my legs leaner and lift my rear.

anastacia
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 12:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi!! i'm 16 and i have fat legs especially my ankels, so i can't where miniskirts because of that , so im tryin to have slim legs by two months.can you help me??

katie k
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 10:56 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have huge calves! I hate how they look, my thighs and ankles are normal but i have huge calves! How do I slim my calves down!

sunny
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 07:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to lose about 20lbs, I go to aqua aerobics twice a week, will this help with weight loss,or is it mainly for tonning?

lowri thompson
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 10:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what excersies for loosing weight on your leg that i could do at home

linda P.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 07:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am just the right weight for my size but I have really big muscular calves. My calves stands out from the rest of my legs. How can I slim down my calves so that it looks more porportional with the rest of my legs.

Kiri
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 07:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to make my thighs go bye bye, any advice are thighs?

Ann
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 07:45 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a blessed with a natural bust of 34D Which I am happy with although I would like to give my boobs a lift and make them perkier are they any excercises you would recommend

I also saw your posting on longer looking lean legs using the treadmill would this help redduce cellulite at all

Please help
Ann

Beth Sitzmann
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 10:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey ive tried running but my legs n thighs just dont get any skinner but i cant shop for jeans because my thighs n butt is big so i have to go with that size and then they are extremely long what could i do?

sara ali
Username: sunshinkwt

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 05:35 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi there, i need good working out for my buttocks, what particular exersises works best for this area and i have really big muscular calves. How can i slim down my calves so that it looks more suit with the rest of my leg. Thank you so much.

Jacy
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 02:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to be an athlete back in highschool leaving me with very muscular legs. they are strong but bulky and i'm having a very difficult time trying to slim em down. any weight resistant exercise like squats (which people claim to be the best thigh exercise) would only build up more muscles on my legs. i tried to lose my muscles on my thighs by replacing them with fat so i could do cardio and get rid of them all together but it just doesnt seem to work. the only part of my body that seem to lose fat are my boobs!!! now i'm just chubby and bulky. what should i do to get long lean legs?!

Ainsley Gibney
Username: ains

Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 08:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have bulky calves and would love so much to wear skirts. Does swimming help or am i just waisting my time. I have heard of other people doing teh inch loss wraps but i have no idea if it worked or not. i would try anything at this stage. HELP

sita
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 07:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi there,
i urgently need someone to advice me on how to lose weight on my thigh while building my calves which are really small.

someone
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 04:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, any squatting exercises and things make my thighs even fatter because i do gymnastics, which has made my thighs huge and muscular. help?

Lindsay Larkin
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 12:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!
I have really strong muscular thighs and calves that aren't necessarily fat, just big. I run every day and do circuit training 2-3 times a week. Nothing has really seemed to help slim my legs down, if anyone has any good advice it would help so much!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 02:52 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A lot you are asking about bulky calves and unfortunately the development of calves tends to be genetic...unless your calves are bulky from fat. I think running (longer distances) is most effective for slimming legs -check out the legs of marathon runners if you're doubtful- (and calves) but you can also try calf raises on the edge of a stair/step (many reps with no weights-until they burn). Also I have been trying to develop more muscle in my thighs and less fat with more success than I anticipated...as I now have very muscular legs, but what I really desire is lean legs. I am going to "up" my cardio workouts and limit my weight training to one-two days per week for legs (with light to no weights and tons and tons of reps)...hopefully they'll just slim down, b/c they have good form, just too much bulk. Good Luck to everyone! (oh-also to perk up your chest- try getting some 5 lb. hand weights, lay on your back, arms extended up over your chest towards ceiling, slowly lower arms towards the floor (with back of hand pointed at the ground) and back up--chest presses...they're awesome for eliminating that piece of chunk that looks like chicken skin between the arms and chest).

Me
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 02:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a horseback rider, and this means big muscles on the inside of the thigh, but nowhere else is getting any excercise. Does anyone have any easy, at-home excercises for thigh/butt slimming? Would make shopping a lot easier!Thanx

Litt
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 12:10 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey girls looks like we all have the same darn problem! It seems the only way to make our legs long and lean is to do pilates and yoga. Also, it really helps to just go sprinting. And when you're doing squats, try to have a REALLY wide base so it works on your inner thighs (every women's nightmare).

Charlotte
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 09:33 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found the best way to thin my calves was to lose weight. I lost about 3 kgs and this took an inch of the width of my calves!!

However, if you are already really thin and don't want to lose weight, I've read that stretching excercise may help.

Other than that, the last resort is surgery - either liposuction (if its mainly fat) or muscle resection (where part of the calf muscle is cut - pretty drastic though).

Meredith Meyer
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 6 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 04:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you want slim thighs, eat right and do 30 minutes of cardio a day, pile up the fiber and don't eat too much protien if you don't want to bulk up.

If you want thin calves try doing yoga or pilates, also, like it says above kick boxing is great. The key to fat loss is not to pay attention to your weight because muscle is denser than fat and you will weigh more if you gain muscle, which is good. When you build more muscle your meabolism will speed up making it easy for you to lose fat and fast.

You have to keep it a routine if you ever want to see results so work at it and stay on task.

juliepm
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 03:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am 5ft 4inches and weigh about 128lb.i am in my early 40's and have six children so i'm not doing too bad.i'm fine on top but want to slim my legs thighs and butt.is there exercises that will help lift the buttox.i don't have time or money to go to the gym.i need some exercises i can do at home.also some to tighten the tummy.thanks alot.

Maria Sonoma
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 06:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lipo suction is the only answer girls. I know it costs money, but boy is it worth it. After all the excersize in the world (five years in the gym) and still no fat gone from my legs, I got lipo suction. love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catalina Valenzuela
Username: anonmymous

Post Number: 12

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 10:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone Please Help Me! I have really fat calves i would like to lose the fat but not gain muscle, how can i do this!?

Catalina Valenzuela
Username: anonmymous

Post Number: 13

Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 12:11 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What type of streching must I do to slim down my calves???

david Allen
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:42 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Attention Everyone,
I just wanted to let you all in on a little secret spot reduction is impossible (its a fact) With proper diet and excercise you will lose fat and flab and you will be surprised where it just might disappear.And if your having problems with cravings go at least 2 weeks without splurging and your sudden cravings will vanish, PROMISE!!!
Any questions E-mail me knights_311@sbcglobal.net

No More Step
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 11:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I get the same result from Step Aerobics or stairclimbing machine. I am going to try the suggestion of fast, long-duration walking, possibly swimming too. Lightweight lunges - are these a good idea? I have not been doing any of this, so will try and keep all of you posted.

khrys tyna
Username: khrystyna

Post Number: 2

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 12:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so whats up?? doesnt anybody have anything to offer on slimming down calves?????????

rohit patel
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 12:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have got too much fat on my thigh and i want to reduce this fat. so please give me some kind of suggetion which will help me to get rid from this problem.

hannah
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 03:53 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i need to lose weight full stop i keep eating loads and i was wondering what would maybe make me a bit slimmer!!

JAB
Username: juaniper

Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 04:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 18 years old and i have inherited what my mom's side of the family calls "stove-pipe" legs. They are pretty bulky and i really need some advice to slim them down (especially my calves).

ann
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 03:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am happy with my current weight, however I would like to turn my jigly's into muscle. Which is better a work out for burning fat or cardio? I belong to 24hr fitness, and alot of the machines opt for fat burn or cardio workout. Which one should I be using

grover_girl
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 11:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for your butt - sit on the floor with your hands behind you, put a ball inbetween ur knees, and bring yourself into a "bridge" position....keep ur butt muscles tight and dont drop the ball....do that a lot and ur butt will tone up

calves - DONT RUN!!! running makes your calves bigger!!!....stretching helps and pilates is wonderful...but you will need to do a lot of both to slim down bulky calves

thighs - running slims thighs but bulks calves....so try using a "theraband" it's like a big rubber band for exercizing and therapy....if you have it in a circle around the outsides of your knees...and push out, it'll tone up your thighs....squats help too

Jennie Riesenberger
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 08:35 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For a quick at home buns and thighs work-out, lay on your side and lift your leg toward the ceiling and make sure not to bring it all the way back down. Do about 4-5 sets of 10 on alternating sides. Also, a quick pilates video is great!

revathy
Username: revathy

Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 03:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i need to loose muscles on my thighs please suggest the easiest way.

becky
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I NEED HELP! i need to lose mucle im my thigs... my thighs are not fat but my legs have so much mucle they look sooo fat!

CM
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,I am a 19yr old girl,,I weigh 43kg but I just recently noticed a little bit of cellulite on my butt.Could anyone give me advice(exercises..etc) on how to get rid of it as I really hate it and it is making me feel so down.Thank you.

Kelli
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 10:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The best thing to do, would be kick boxing, it really dose work! and DONT DO JOGGING OR SQUATS! swimming is also a good alternative. Go for it GIRLS!

melissa
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 11:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi the best advice is from personal experience, so LISTEN UP: i am 5'4 and usually weigh 120-125, but i got sick in january and went down to 119-ish. it was then that i actually saw a difference in the size of my legs, all areas included. i'm an avid gym goer, but i realized that i simply eat too much for my body TYPE. unless you have an eating disorder, just try cutting all your meals in half. even my butt lost its "bubble". now i've had THAT since i was 15, i'm now 29! good luck .

kat
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 03:34 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello! Im going to Spain in Two weeks and I need to loose some fat off my legs. Is there anything at all I could do in Two weeks to get my legs more slimmer? please help!

kat

shannonnichole
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 03:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yoga and pilates are amazing for lengthing your muscles and any cardio workout is great for keeping your heart in shape and keeping your muscles toned. pilates and yoga are hard, but don't give up. they increase flexability and when you're doing it it doesn't feel like a hard workout, but you'll feel it later. pick one and stick to it. the bulk will go away.

thor
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 08:07 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My daughter is 30 and has very bulky legs and thighs. she has had back surgery and needs to know what exercise to do to slim down her legs. They are very bulky.

katie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 03:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for exercises that I can do at home without any equipment that will slim my chunky outer thighs and shrink my butt...help? Thank you

crystal
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok i have a huge prob i have huge inner thighs and it sucks i need help i want them to go away i'll do anything!!!!!!

guru
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 07:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

stretching is the key. works in the same way as yoga or pilates. gotta feel your leg muscles pull then relax them. the more reps, the better. nothing works overnight so be patient.

Kim Hodgson
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 04:37 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there
I am quite small built but because of my love of running on the treadmill my thighs have bulked up. I look totaly out of proportion, how do I slim down my thighs without losing the tone.

Erindale
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:42 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Holly cow! So many people need help. I personally am a high school student who is gaining muscle cause I play on some heavy-duty sports teams. But the only advice I can give any of you is to do research. Do research on whatever you decide to do. Visit forums and ask questions read a few articles online and make sure they are not trying to sell you anything.

sherilyn
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 06:23 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am short and my legs are really muscular how do I slim them down?

Dielle
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 06:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how do you slim down your entire leg?

nalisa miharbi
Username: nonani

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i need help to trim down my calves and ankles. both are naturally big and bulky but had gotten worse after i have 3 kids. please help.

blarg
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 10:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how do I know that This is the thinnest I'm going to get?

blarg
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 10:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm 5'1" and weigh 135 pounds.

Apricot
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 04:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to prevent bulky muscles, try to stretch before and after working out. swimming helps A LOT because no stress is put on the joints or the muscle.

Loreleri Stefrella
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:53 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

swimming,yoga,pilates or dancing is the way to get rid of chunky thighs and claves. i cannot stress upon it more. lotz of stretching!!! these exercises have been repeated several times besides dancing which worked magic on my claves. take the hint if u want to get slim legs. =~)

sillbillywilly
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 05:17 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is ANYONE going to talk about slimming muscular calves???!!!??!!

I am DESPERATE.....im 15, short, and have MASSIVE legs.

I need someone to help out with a way (anything!) to slim down legs...I DONT want to build muscle...

someone
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 05:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey everyone. I have extremely skinny calves and larger thighs. I have figured out a great way to slim thighs and build just enough calf muscle. Invest in a sit-up bench! Work moderately to doing 120 a day and increase by 10 as you feel its needed. You'll notice results in 4-5 weeks. Any tips on getting rid of stretch marks? Good Luck!

lee kit mun
Username: kittamun

Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 04:56 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have thick calves. In the morning, they don't look so big but towards the evening they do. Is there anything I can do to slim it. I've tried stretching.

dancing no good
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 06:59 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i've been dancing for three years, and it has done nothing to slim down my calves. we do stretch a lot, but compared to the amount of other stuff we do that builds muscle it's just not enough. how many/ how much time should we spend doing pilates a week?

Danncer
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 12:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ya I must agree that dances is no good.. i have been dancing my whole life and i have short legs that are not defined. and i dance hard core competition six days a week..It's all genetics. I started running last year which just made my thighs and quads way muscular. I think the only thing that will help is pilates and yoga. Also try using those thermabands.. they will help with thick ankles!

dancer, and proud
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 07:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been dancing since I was 2 and a half years old. i have never gotten fat, but by how much i eat, i would be obese. ADVANCED dancing helps a lot more than beginner. wanna get tired out and sweaty? go to the most advanced hiphop class is a nearby dance school, then tell me you still wanna be happier after a few years of dancing!

Random
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 02:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does long distance running help? I want to build up my stamina so I need to train but I don't want to bulk up my calves! My legs are kind of bulky so I wanna slim down - any more tips?

Dreamer61
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 11:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't believe so many people share my "pain" of heavy legs and especially big calves and ankles. I wish some one would suggest where to buy pants. I just went shopping and barely found anything. As soon as I step into a pair of pants and pull them up to my knee, they are so tight, it looks ridiculous, even if the rest of the pants fit. I am thrilled when I find a pair that goes on easily and not like a pair of panty hose! In my case, I believe a good part of it is muscle from years of aerobics, but after a large weight gain, there's also fat there now, so they are just so BIG. I hate it. Have just started going back to the gym and hope it will help. My whole life I have always had the nice waistline, but from that point down, it's a mess. Needless to say, I wear a lot of black! Please help with any plus size pants you can recommend.

Roxy Ryan
Username: lildevil

Post Number: 4

Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 08:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i wanna make my butt better, any tips??? I hat it sooo bad

Vira
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 02:38 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, a few ways to slim down bulky thighs is:
1. Stand infront of a chair. place one leg on it, and step up onto it, and come down. Do 20-30 of those with one leg, then swap over. Feels sore, but it works...
2. Grab your ankle and pull it to your butt. Feel the stretch in your thighs.
3. Jog! burns the muscles in your thighs, but it makes your calves bigger.

Dont do squats or dancing. They make your thighs bulk bigger.
Ways to slim down bulky calves:
1. Swimming! do board kicking. Or, if you cant get a board, try this:
Float on your back. place legs together, and move your knees up and down like a dolphin. move the hips too. this will not only slim down your calves' bulk, it would help with the thighs' bulk too.
2. stretch. sit with your legs stretched out, then just reach for your toes. nice and easy.

Some people say that lying on your back and paddle like a cycle in the air helps to slim down thighs, but Im not sure whether they are talking about bulky thighs. They also metioned leg lifts can help with sliming down the entire leg, but that, too, i am not sure about it aiming for slimming down bulk. Good luck!

Cathy Jones
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 09:26 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I am a petite person... 5 ft and 100 lbs. I am slender, but my calves are kind of muscular. I never did any kind of sports, so I don't know why they are muscular. My parents dont have muscular calves. I am wondering if it has to do with the way I walk? Do wearing high heels also contribute to calf muscles? I want to slim down the muscles so I can wear skirts!

sarah elizabeth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 10:25 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi im 16 and ive been running in compatitions since i was 10 but i havent been running for 3 years becuse of an injury and i just didnt get round to doin running again even tho my injury healed ages ago. I have muscely carlves which i am very self concious about, i would love to wear skirts just like all the other girls. Ive been swimming for years now and havent noticed any difference, i have wrote down things from this forum to do. I hate goin swimming and i hate wearing shorts outside of the house, i wont even show my legs off to my boyfriend who says they are fine and hes rather them be like that than have them really skinny, but i dont want them really skinny i just want them alittle thinner.My calves dont fit in with the rest of my body because im quite a thin girl and i have good arm muscles, perfect and good stomach muslces and my thighs are fine and its just my carlves that let my body down. What is pilates and can i do it withought buying videos?

thanks alot

x sarah x

X0X Sarah Beth X0X
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 09:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, thats so wierd, I decided to google I have huge calves and see what I came up with, and this was one of them, and the last post 2 days ago was from someone named Sarah. Ok, so my name is Sarah too! And I am also a arah Elizabeth(if that happens to be your middle name) I totally know what your talking about. Im 19, but when I was 16, I fit your entire description, nice arms, stomach, looked you know, thin and fit, but my calves were so huge, I was a very big runner untill like 6th grade, then Jr. High hit and I stopped running. But I have batled the huge calves for what seems like forever,pretty much ever since a guy noticed my calves one day when I wore a skirt and told me I should be football player(what a jerk) But anyway, I have been doing pilates, I see my calves thinning out,looking longer instead of wider now. But Sarah, I know exactly how you feel about your calves, I was and still am the same way. Pilates are the best, I have winsor Pilates DVD set,works wonders!!Well, hope all goes well to everyone trying to improve themselves, but I hope you all are improving your selfs for you....not for anyone else...and not to be like someone else either!!
Take Care!
XoXo Sarah XoXo

worried
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 02:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey guys...my mum used to have the same sort of calve problem as me,but she went jogging and swimming for straight 6 months and now her calves,thighs look like any normal lady! i did not try it myself thou. i am afraid of trying out jogging as i guess it simply makes it more bulky.hi there~~!! did not know that we guys share the same problem! for me...i developed my calve muscle since 13, i guess it is due ti me doing jumps...lasting abt 2-3min each,daily,ever since, my calves became bulky.for me, i think it is muscles,and i thought muscles cannot be trimmed! only toned? my calves size, the fattest area is 15inch.how about you guys?

all the best! lets work towards our goal!

sarah elizabeth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 06:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

mine are 14 inches, again the fatest area.
I have been doin strecthes for about a week now but havent really noticed anything and someone said that i wouldnt notice anything 4 bout 4-6 weeks.
Im gunna keep measureing my carlves and stretchin them.... all i want is about an inch or 2 off and then ill b so happy.

sarah beth, o no im not doin this 4 someone else, its for me so i can b more confident.

my name is also sarah elizabeth hehe

x sarah x

X0X Sarah Beth X0X
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 12:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey again! Wow, alot of Sarah Elizabeths with the whole calve problem. Im 19, 5'6", and 135 pounds. I just measrued my calves, they are about 15 1/2 ". To me that it sooooooo bad, I hate it, like, they just take up my whole body to me, even when I try to say, " You know what these are my legs, and if I want to wear a skirt then I will, I dont have to have model legs!" Then as I say that in my head, and I am loaded with confidence, an image of a leaner thinner skinnier girl with tiny legs pops into my head. Whichever, my friend, she has really tiny legs, like she thinks they are too skinny, I think they match her body type, she said" I hate my legs they are too tiny, I wish I had your legs..." I was like "WHAT!?! No you dont!" Then I realized, everybody just wants what the other one has. Oh well, Everyone keep me posted as to how your progress is, my email is shopaholic0217@yahoo.com if anyone ever wants to chat about calves!!! LOL, ok well good luck everyone!
I still cant beleive how common Sarah Elizabeth is, there were 5 Sarahs in my senior class, and 4/5 were Sarah Elizabeths, how wierd, must have been a comman baby name thing in the 80's or something! In 2003 in NY state Sarah was one of the top 10 names chosen on birth certificates my mom said. Yeah, Happy Holidays everyone, Im hoping to trim my legs before Christmas, so I dont add on the extra winter weight from all the food!! Pilates is awesome though just so the people who havnt tried it know, Its so wonderful,makes me feel good about myself everyday, and it relaxes me, its so nice!
XoXoSarahXoXo

Ilona Master
Username: balticgirl

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 12:08 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I always have "normal" type of body with long really good-looking legs. After having 2 kids, I've decided to join the private club which is a copy of "Curves". I've lost some inches in the problem area (such as waist line, stomach, back fat) and was pretty happy about it, untill now...
I realized, my calves are getting bigger. Then I talked to person in the club, who supposed to know the aswers on that type of questions, she just told me that it shouldn't happened to me and that my calves looks pretty toned to her. BUT IT DID GET BIGGER!
What can I do know? I like the curves-like workout, but I don't wont my calves getting any bigger...
And another thing, does anybody know what can I do about postbabies flabby skin (close to pelvic area). It seems nothing helps. Or should I begin to check out the information on the tummy tuck-type surgery as the only way to get rid of this problem?

Thanks for your answers.

sarah elizabeth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 10:30 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lol...sarah elizabeth is popular because there were quite alot of gals in my maths class that were called sarah elizabeth or who just had their middle name as elizabeth.

GOOD NEWS!! ive lost half an inch off my calves, i took some advise off here about stretching and ive been ALOT od it in the past 2 weeks, ive also cut down on the amount of running ive been doing and it seemed to have worked. Another thing that has made them appear or even be thinner is tonning. i got this special cream that tones u up and i put some on my legs every morning and nite and and ive been goin to the gym and tonning my legs up there and i found out that wat it has done is get ride of the fat but not build up the muscle, and now my legs defo look thinner, so cumon gals do wat i have done, tonning, and ALOT of stretching and you should notice a different in 2-3 weeks.

x sarah x

Cassy L. Shaerman
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 12:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I have really, really big arms. Mostly it's because of the fat, but I would also like to lean the muscle as well as getting rid of the fat. Got any ideas???

girl
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 06:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!Thanks for the advise about fat calves to everyone!I will sure try one of them and will post if there is a result!
I,myself had really big arms at the age of 15!There wasn't any fat,but they were just big!I tried lifting up weights,but they were toooooo heavy(almost 3 and a half kilos for an arm) and made my arms even bigger!I'm almost 17 now and for a period of one year I've been lifting 1kg and a half weights and there sure is a difference!I don't know why it happened like that,but it did!Also I drink a special tea,which makes you go to the toilet more often;)(if u know what I mean)but I'm happy!

sarah elizabeth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 04:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cassy try tonning your arms, it gets rid of the fat but it doesnt build up muscle, (so my fitness tutor told me)....do light weights that you can life up easily but still makes ur arms work hard, do alot of repatitions, 12-15 with a minute rest.

good luck

x sarah x

esshiqay
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 03:53 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I heard that skipping also works in slimming down your thighs, so maybe some of you might want to try that out.

vaulter
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 05:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a way to build muscle in your butt and slim the fat at the same time? I know that squats work in building the muscle--would it be beneficial to do pilates or yoga at the same time, or would that be too much?

imnangel
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 10:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi sarah... what specific stretvching exercises did you do to see the 1inch loss. I have always hated my calves and would LOVE to just lose a few inches like youreself!! and for how long would you so these exercises/stretches? which toning exercise would you do i n the gym? im so desperate and its o nice to hear that there may be hope for me yet!

Louisa Luk
Username: imnangel

Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 10:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sarah.. congrats on the 1inch loss!! please tell me what swtretching exercises that you did to achieve this loss and for how long as I have always hate my CALVES and would LOVE to lose a few inches. Also wat were the toning exercises that helped. Please help me...I want to know exactly wat you did. and what and how to do the stretches. thanks!

Personal Trainer
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 06:01 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When it comes to slimming down the entire leg esp. things only thing has worked for me. I have been trying for 10 years to slim my thighs and calves and still have not found one thing that works for my calves. For 6 months I jogged 4-6 miles per day on the treadmill at a pace of 4.5-6.0 MPH. My legs looked amazing! I would mix in doing 60 minutes of an elliptical trainer once or twice a week. My calves didn't slim down too much but they did not get any bigger. The added perk was my arms, sides and stomache got incredibly lean. I highly recommend to anyway the dedication.

Maly
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 01:29 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i hate my calves too! i can't quit at running though cuz i still have another year of pe! >< yupyup. have the same problems...so...is there any way of reducing calves!! ~.~

good luck
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 08:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Losing weight is all just a matter of mathematics really. You need to burn off more calories than you eat. 3500 calories is a pound. there are websites where you can figure out how many calories daily activities are burning. Drink Lots of Water, you'd be surprised how much what you drink effects your weight, if you just switch everything you drink with water your amount of sugar and calorie intake is likely to dramatically decrease.

cc
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 02:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah, does pilates really work on slimming down very bulky, muscular calves?? I don't really have that much fat on my legs, just lots of muscle, and I would like them to look longer and not as wide as they do now. Thanks!

mona
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 11:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think there's no such thing as spot reduction. But u can tone certain parts of ur body. Too much weights or jogging can add bulk (as in muscles).

I used to have big tummy, thighs n hips. Tried exercising in gym but didn't help. Later I read a book about weight reduction n decided to reduce food intake. And wham!! My weight went down several kilos n my tummy, thighs n hips all slimmed down. That was a few months ago. Now I still managed to maintain my weight by reminding myself not to eat more than the number of calories I burn.

As a guide if u're a woman n is not active, u only need about 1300 calories a day. Cut down on animal fats, dairy prodts, sugar n salt. Eat more veg n fruits as they're nutritious n keep ur stomach full.

As for cellulites, u can't get rid of it. Slim ppl have cellulites too. They're actually toxins accummulated in ur body due to poor drainage. Drink more water n exercise. U may wish to use massage creams to help drainage.

Heather .W
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 06:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Pilates and Yoga work awesome wonders and light weights with more reps. Staying away from bad carbs like white bread, flour etc. That is how I have lost weight, when I feel the weight come back I start working out a half an hour longer. Also a good eat more protein at night less carbs. One more thing that works great is take 10 playing cards lay them down infront of you do a wide squat make sure that as you bend down to pick up each card you put all weight in your heels and do not hunch over with your chest, reach down pick each card up and stand back up make sure you squeeze your buttocks every time you come back, pick up all ten, you can also do lunges using the ten cards place cards down start with right foot on the right side of playing cards then go back to starting position pick up all ten. You are using your own resistance.

anupama
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 06:37 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i want to know some excercises to reduce fat between my chest and arms

Dyan Thomley
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 08:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for long and lean legs and calves.
walk at a fast pace for one hour on a treadmill. or 3 10 minute sprints it lengthings your stride. jogging will make you bulky. 10 minute stretching. if you are pear shaped bottom heavy- only weight you should be lifting or for your arms this will give you a more uniform look and your thighs wont look as bulky.
Cardio(treadmill fast pace 4-5 week) very lightweihts high reps will tone and your set.
dyan 27..ps diet help dont eat pass 7:00

Jaimee
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 08:28 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just lost 2 inches on my calves and thighs! I did not know there were so many people like me who hated their calves!I swear by Pilates! I do it every other day for 20 mins. I also love Taebo to firm my whole body and its fun!I think the key to slimming down calves is all about stretching! And thats what Pilates will do!

cc
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 10:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jaimee, congrats on the loss on your calves and thighs! I just started pilates, because I have really muscular thighs and calves, and would love to slim them down. How long have you been doing pilates?

cc
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 10:12 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats on the loss Jaimee! I just started pilates, and am hoping to slim down my very bulky, muscular thighs and calves. How long have you been doing pilates?

Lauren
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 07:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, this may sound weird because it is not an area that has been addressed here thus far, but does anyone know how to get trimmer knees? Like all of you, I battle with my legs, but my knees really bother me the most because the muscle that used to be there from years of fencing (lunges & lots of knee bending from the fencing stance) has now turned to fat around the knees. Does anyone have any practical advice, please?

ganesh
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 04:13 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the fats in the thigh & butt.
what are the exercises should I do? Pls comments.

fat calves #1
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 09:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey
my calves are really strong but also very muscular they look sssooo bad. everyone else i notice at school seems to have perfectly long lean legs i'm thinking of going to pilates classes but i need to know does it really work?

samantha
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 11:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From everything I have read so far, I realized that I should definately stop jogging b/c that's what has been making my calves so bulky (16 inches) so I'll stop but I just have one question, how do I still get my 1 hour of cardio done everyday if I can't run or jog anymore? And isn't going on the treadmill the same as running/jogging? I need my cardio b/c eventhough I'm not fat-I'm still very flabby and I do need to lose a few inches all over my body.

arden
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 06:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone, I'm 19 and about 5'3". Weighing in at about 125 lbs. My calves are 14". Im not fat but my calves are pretty huge compared to me. I hate wearing skirts or dresses and shorts. I am really paranoid what ppl wil say. Now that summers coming i cant stay in jeans. It's time for change. My calves now are mainly fat and sometimes if i flex muscle. I'm start stretching more often and if i can scrap up some money, ill do the pilates thing.
Good luck to all the grls out there who are trying what im trying. We can acheive smaller calves!

naomi
Username: naomi

Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone! My calves are so big and bulky as well. I've been stretching, but I think I'll definitely try pilates too. Sarah, you said you have the windsor pilates video? Jaimee can I ask you which one (if you're using a video) you're using? Also, another Sarah mentioned using a toning cream - do you think you could tell me what kind of cream this is? Thanks for all your help everyone

juli
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 03:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

pilates or yoga? for legs

Mich
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, April 09, 2005 - 11:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jaimee it's so awesome to hear that you're getting good results. I too have extremely muscular legs from playing soccer since I was 5 and would really love to trim them down and be able to look good in skirts. How long did it take before you were able to lose those 2 inches?

Jess
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, April 09, 2005 - 05:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, this message board has made me feel sooo much better. I just came back from shopping with my friend(who has the best legs), and I was feeling kind of bummed that she was able to get the cutest skirts and I came back empty handed. I'm definately going to start pilates asap. If you guys have any stretching suggestions, let me know.

peta jenks
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 03:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know if this will help you all, but i have just been to a podiatrist because i was getting bad achilles pain and she said my calves were quite muscular and tight because my foot architecture puts a lot of strain on my calves. so she's sent me off to the physio and to start up yoga, plus give me orthotics to minimise the effort my calves are under... just letting you know it might not be easy as a few stretches in some cases :-)

DNT GIV UP
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 05:33 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look lipo suction is tampering with natures way God gave you a body 2 b proud of and if ur not you could change it the healthy way if u realli wantd. u av2 think not evry1 has money to spend like that and with a littl hard work and determination any1 can change. Also by promotn lipo ur encouragn peopl 2 giv up and take da easy way out and if you cud lose da weight da "old fashiond way" you would feel a great sense of achievemnt aftr wards. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

shefali sen
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 15, 2005 - 06:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My vital stats are 32-25-40.its been really long that iam trying to lose fat and get rid of cellulite from my hips and thighs. my calf is fatty too.i really want to reduce my hips thighs and calf in a month or so. pls suggest me what to do?

a
Username: lilpudge

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 09:48 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 26(almost 27) My metabolism has halted and I feel like I have chronic fatigue!! It is freaking me out. I am 5'2" and almost 140!! I don't necessarily care about my weight in numbers it is that because I am short my butt, thighs and arms (calves too) are getting huge and my clothes are getting larger... What can I do.. Is there any natural or diet supplements to boost my metabolism and increase my energy?? Also, I am a single mother and would like to start working out again, but would like to do something kid friendly... what can I do... Please help it is almost bikini season.

Majda from Bahrain:-)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 06:34 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone, like many im not alone it seems with huge calve problem, just today i was complaining 2 my gym how i feel i was fooled by them letting be believe that doing the stepper machine wont bulk up my calves i feel so deceived! im 5'5 n weight 142 my stats r 36-28-40 i lost over 40 pounds 2 get here, mainly through dieting eatin very little carbs n when i did eat carbs it was all brown no potatoes, n more veg less fat less sugar no pop less mayo u knw common sense also stopped red meat all together kept calorie intake at 1200, i started going to gym cuz i was goin flabby im only 21! but found that chest press with light weight lifts breast amazingly n tones flabby skin under arms,also i do squats with a pair of 5 pound dumbbel weights n theyr reducing cellulite really fast ull all c difference in a week or so when u squat open your legs to side n squat return to starting point n then squat towards other side repeat as many as u can keepin weight near your shoulder/chest. also elliptical is good to tone leg and so is pilates it does make your legs look long n lean its wht all actresses do plus they kick box too but personally i stick to pilates, it takes a while to show results but stick to it and after few weeks i promise ud wake up n look at your legs n just feel LONG i promise!
k

Marinaaa
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 09:56 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To slim down your legs you have to CHANGE YOUR EATING STYLE and also get a more ACTIVE LIFESTYLE.

Drink lots of water, CUT DOWN ON SWEETS and other sugar rich or fatty products. You have to train yourself to be able to open the cookie jar and take one or two cookies, close the lid and go and do other things and not thinking about it anymore instead of giving in to your craving for more! Do this and after a couple of days or a week your cravings will be less. Train your willpower this way!

Start with fruits (kiwis contain loads of vitamin!) and brown bread in the morning. Put light products like honey on it and just a little bit of (light) butter. It will fill you for quite a while and stop you from reaching for the cookie jar.

Buy LIGHT PRODUCTS which are usually just as nice and remember that fruit juices also contain lots of calories. Better to drink light juices, water or tea.

Become a VEGETARIAN! It's better for the animals and the big plus: meat contains lots of fats, so don't eat it. Do make sure you eat meat subsitutes (there are many in stores!) so you don't get lack of iron and vitamin B(12).

Get a more ACTIVE lifestyle. Instead of taking the bus or car to your work or the shops, hop on a bike! Make sure you walk, bike or workout at least a half hour a day. And take the stairs instead of an elevator.

Remember that you don't get slim overnight. Questions like I have to tone down my legs in two weeks are impossible. IT TAKES TIME to let your body get used to your new eating and lifestyle. So you have to hang on. That's why this isn't a diet, it's a change of lifestyle for ever. Good luck

xxlinaaxx
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 04:56 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jaimee can I ask you which pilates video you're using? Also Sarah mentioned using a toning cream - do you think you could tell me what kind of cream this is? please?? thank you..
EVERYONE DOES PILATES WORK FOR THINNING CALVES???
I'd really like to hear everyones response to this post :-)

lina cho
Username: xxlinaxx

Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 12:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jaimee can I ask you which video you're using? Also, another Sarah mentioned using a toning cream - do you think you could tell me what kind of cream this is? I'd really like to know also if pilates does work.. can anyone help?

Anita
Username: ajhegg

Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 08:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow! There are quite a few of us out there that need help tonning our thighs and butts. What I can recommend is from experience and from taking my personal training certification.

First off, SPOT reduction does not work.There is no such thing as SPOT REDUCTION. Secondly, in regards to "diets", I really don't like that word. You don't need to DIET to loose weight, you need to eat properly. Everyone will VARY in regards to how many calories they need to consume in a day. A person who is 5'6 and weighs 115lbs, compared to a person who is 5'6 and weighs 150lbs are going to consume different amounts of calories. You do NOT want to cut your calories down too drastically because than you are depriving your body, and it is not healthy.

Now for tonning the legs. I learnt the HARD way. This was before I did my personal trainer certification and nutrition course. I thought that if I used more weight, I would be able to tone my legs. NO. I put on so much muscle, my legs were huge. To tone your legs, I totally recommend, squats, lunges, calf raises etc, all without weights (lots of reps no weight) And DON"T USE THE ABDUCTOR machines (thigh machines) those will bulk your thighs up! I also recommend cardio. Weight training is fantastic, but you need to do cardio. Look why pilates works, your training your body with repetitions, and NO WEIGHTS. Another one for you home people, try core secrets. I use it and I LOVE IT. I have noticed a total difference in my legs, my arms, you name it. I hope this helps ladies!

Victoria
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 08:38 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What works best for me is first do the Advanced body slimming video from pilates, then straight after that the buns and thighs video, both winsor pilates video's. Because they're both hard work videos. I do them both every day. My tummy is so trim and flat now :D, my legs feel tighter as well.

Gen Thomas
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 02:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have sort of a "spoon-shape". My shoulders are wider than my hips, but my arms and upper body are quite muscular and thin. My hips, thighs, lower legs, and ankles are fuller in comparison. I researched this a bit and found that doing weights on my upper body (to build) and using no resistance on my lower body should help. So I lift weights for my arms ONLY, walk without an incline, do side leg lifts for inner and outer thighs, and use a cycling machine with no resistance but high RPM (peddling really fast). It has helped me. I have nice muscle definition in my legs, but I'm mostly just getting rid of the fat. Plus, because I'm still working my arms, I have a more balanced look. Otherwise, if you just build muscle in your legs, it'll push the fat out and your legs will look bulkier. To burn fat, you need to be able to carry on a conversation with a little bit of strain (you're sweating too). But if you are huffing and puffing and can't talk, you're not burning fat, just working on your cardiovascular system. Hope this helps!

Arianna Smith
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Anita,

Just wondering how long it took for the huge muscles in your legs to return to normal size? I've done some resistance training and my calves have really bulked up and I'd like to get them back to where they were. How long do you think it will take? Thanks so much!

graciella v.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 04:35 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For reals I didn't know there was so much people concerned about there legs...I too have a problem with my calves, i just measured them and they are 15 inches. It's all mostly muscle that I hate to have...I too don't wear shorts, AT All..Im so self conscience about how my legs look. Im afraid of comments like "Your legs are real big" No one has every seen them only through my pants, which i try to get wide legged. But I am too going to try stretching. I'll keep ya posted

Millie Arnold
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is pilates? im quite confused! is a type of video and where can i get it from?

Millie Arnold
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:23 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi i used to be a dancer and now my calves and thighs are really big and muscley. i would like to know the easiest way of sliming them down without the muscle because i am going on a modelling course and would like to make a good impression as you will probably understand! Please help i would appreciate it very much!
Love Millie xxx

kismyash
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 6 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys, I've read a lot of what you all have said. I'm 18, and I just wanted to add some advice from my own PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. Excuse me if I sound like an informercial lol. But this is what really worked for me.

I dropped from 170 pounds to 140 pounds unhealthily, and was left with an untoned, flabby body. The scale said 140, but I was a size 10. I was determined to turn myself around, and after numerous trials and failures, found something finally that worked for me. I'm now 140 and a size 4/6. HOPE THIS HELPS!

You have to EAT HEALTHIER in order for your body to respond the way you want it to. Cut back on refined sugars, processed foods, anything with preservatives, added flavoring/dyes, HYDROGENATED OILS, and added fructose (high-fructose corn syrup). I found the best way to do this is, as cliche as it sounds, eat more vegetables and fruits. If you're craving carbs, I found APPLES work great...they're low in calories, have no fat, and are bulky so they fill you up more.

INCREASE YOUR FIBER also!! This will aid in digestion. The best way to do this, again, is through an increase in fruits and vegetables, as they are naturally high in fiber. ESPECIALLY BERRIES! Blueberries, blackberries are great. If your body has enough fiber, and pardon me for being slightly gross lol, your bowel movements should be easier, darker, "shapelier", more frequent, and should more often than not, should float.

Drink water, of course, as this also aids in digestion. I suggest substitutinge all drinks for water, unless it is 100% natural fruit juice. READ THE LABELS and watch out for high-fructose corn syrup and any alternate sweetener (nutrasweet, splenda, etc.).

And finally, RUN. Get on the treadmill or go outside with your favorite music in tow and RUN! Of course this is difficult if your have bad joints, but if you do not, running longer distances is AMAZING for slimming down your thighs. Swimming is a great alternative. You do not have to run fast...results lie more in HOW LONG you run, rather than HOW FAST.

I also do low-weight weight training...3 sets of 20 reps. I used to do 5 sets of 10 reps at a higher weight, and since I have switched, I have DEFINITELY noticed how my legs have slimmed down.

But to be honest...I've noticed more immediate results from switching my diet to about 75% fruits/vegetables, 15% minimally processed organic grains, 10% "OMGOSH I'M CRAVING (insert unhealthy food here)." Increasing fiber through an increased intake of FRUITS especially resulted in firmer (from increased hydration, as fruits are super hydrating), slimmer thighs. Increasing fiber also aids in more proper-functioning digestion and CAN HELP SWEEP OUT TOXINS THAT ARE CAUSING ACNE, CELLULITE...all that unpretty stuff lol. Not to mention the antioxidants and vitamins in fruits. "God" (however you believe) produced these foods for a reason guys, I promise!

I highly suggest Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and Wild Oats Markets to find more healthy, organic or natural, alternatives to the highly processed food on the shelves of other grocery stores. And Jamba Juice Smoothies are great for on-the-go snacking as an alternative to McDonalds or the such...but try to avoid the new "EnLIGHTened Smoothies", as they contain Splenda..and althought it's "made from sugar so it tastes like sugar"..they fail to mention that it's really "made from sugar and three chlorine molecules". Unless, of course, you're down for ingesting chlorine..

THIS IS ALL JUST FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, BUT I HOPE IT HELPS! Feel free to email me!

And finally..IF ANYONE has any suggestions for slimming down a muscular rear-end, I'D APPRECIATE THE ADVICE! Genetically, I'm just endowed with too much junk-in-the-trunk lol.

Kim Thamm
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 01:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have thick, muscular legs. (Big ankles, calfs, and thighs)I just started this vidieo called Yoga Booty Ballet, You can find it at BeachBody.com It is great for slimming down legs and butts. It is dance,Yoga,Ballet, and Strecthing. I love it and it is fun too. Its suppose to give you long lean toned legs, and lift up your booty!!! I have been doing it for 2 weeks now and my legs are looking a lot better. I love to walk for about an hour a night too. I just started to cut out all junk out of my eating life style to see faster results and drinking a ton more water. I started doing this 7 days ago. I still drink my coffee in the morning and my beer at night! I lost 4 pounds this week just by cutting out junk and drinking more water. My advice is choose something that will fit your life style, and be consistent. Be active all the time, at least 30 minutes a day 6 days a week. And something you will enjoy! Yoga Booty Ballet works for me and I wish you all best of luck!!!

deanna Mackenzie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 05:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need help I have muscley legs and what ever leg exercises I do makes them bigger I want to slim them down.

Tauna
Username: cowgirl

Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 10:40 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How is everyone today? I was wondering if any of you know how to trim your under arms so they don't jiggle. I was also wondering if there were any exercises that would help lengthen my body because I am so short. Thanks----- Email me if you know of anything. thanks

Amy Daymar
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 03:26 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The best way to thin your legs is to spread your legs apart like a sumo wrestler and put your weight, moving your body up and down 100 times. Do this three times a day and you'll definately see a difference... I did!

Meline
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 10:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i hate see my legs. i have HUGE calves. i feel like wanted to "change" new legs when those guys told me that i have huge calves.:-( is stretching really can slim down the calves??

Sus
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 02:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's so good to know other people have similar problems to me. Slow jogging over longer distances is helping me slim down my muscular thighs. However, maybe if I lost a little weight they'd get even slimmer? How do you know if there's secret fat deposits in bulky, muscular looking thighs?
Thank guys. Good luck.

Maya
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm so happy that i found this site. i've always thought that i was the only one that had problems with huge calves. i haven't worn skirts or shorts in 4 years because i felt so self conscious. i barely even wear capris because my ankles are ugly and fat too. my calves are 15inches too! the rest of my body is okay.. i have problems with my arms but my waist is 25 for which i'm proud. i just really want to get rid of my calves, especially over the summer. i'm not really a pateint person and i'm lazy too but i'm so desperate to get rid of my calves. so i'm going to try to stretch everyday and purchase a pilates video. good luck to everyone else!

Kerry Mosely
Username: kerrymosely

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey does anyone know if you go on the 48hour diet and lose 10lbs can you go on it for 96 hours and lose 20lbs and so on..i know its not a healthy way to lose weight but right about now i am desperate, i start school in a couple of months and want to be atleast 40lbs lighter..PLZ HELP

Kathy Gardner
Username: chumley

Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Same problem as everyone else, yes - legs! What I'm wondering is - does swimming work as well as I've heard? I ask because my two sisters and I ALL inherited the large thighs of the women on my dad's side of the family. BUT, several years back, my oldest sister began swimming a lot - and this was the first time (since she was very skinny in about eighth grade) that I saw her with trim, shapely legs (and not since, by the way). I have a pool in my backyard, and I'm embarking on a weight loss and toning program, and I'd really like to do water aerobics. Does anyone know from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (persistant personal experience, that is) if it works for slimming legs? (PS I also am going to take brisk walks -- I've lost weight before doing that, I just wondered and hoped that swimming would also help tone my legs.) Thank you!

PoisonIvy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 01:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've this problem of big calves since I was 13 till now.Really admire those who can wear mini skirts.Tried weight training & running & trained by personal trainer but instead of getting slim at the calves somehow it gets more bulkier due to muscles replaced fats.Tried slimming creams but not working.Been to salons to do leg wrap but still no improvements & only waste so much money.Do pilates really trim down those flabby calves or they just tone your legs?

LMM
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does riding the bike bulk your legs up rather than slim them down?

Suellen alcantara
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 01:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chair Squat

Perform this exercise with the aid of a sturdy chair. Stand in front of the chair with your back toward the chair and feet shoulder width apart. Keep your head up as a natural extension of your spine. Begin to sit in the chair lowering your body until your legs are at a 90-degree angle. Contracting your quadriceps, slowly return to the starting position stopping just short of having your legs fully extended. Keep a slight bend in the knees. As you get stronger, you can add resistance by holding dumbbells in your hands.

Dumbbell Squat

Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and let your arms hang down at your sides with your palms facing one another. Maintain a neutral spine and a slight bend in the knees throughout this exercise. Lower your body by bending from the hips with your knees stopping when your thighs are parallel with the floor. Contracting the quadriceps muscles, slowly return to your starting position. When you do this exercise, it is important not to let your knees ride over your toes (you should be able to see your feet at all times). You may want to try this exercise without weights until you master the movement.

Power Walking

Power walking is walking at a faster rate than normal. Stand straight and avoid unnatural arches that may occur in your lower back. Your head should be centered between the shoulders, and your chest should be up with your shoulders back. Make sure that your buttocks are not protruding out of alignment with the spine. Bend your arms at the elbows. When you start power walking, your strides should be short and fast. You will naturally start to develop a longer stride.

When you power walk, Raphael says you should keep within 70-75 percent of your target heart range. (The formula for determining your target heart range is to subtract your age from the number 220. For instance, if you are 30 years old, your maximum heart range would be 220-30=190.) If you really want to make an impact, practice power walking 4-6 days a week for at least 30 minutes. Raphael says that it is best to avoid walking on hills. Any type of hills or incline will make your leg muscles grow, which can actually make your legs look thicker.

Dumbbell Lunges

Stand straight with your feet together. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your arms down at your sides. Step forward with the right leg and lower your left leg until the knee almost touches the floor. Contracting the quadriceps muscles, push off your right foot and slowly return to the starting position. Alternate the motion with the left leg to complete the set.

Your steps should be big enough so that your left leg is nearly straight. Do not let your knee touch the floor. Make sure your head is up and your back is straight. Your chest should be lifted, and your front leg should form a 90-degree angle at the bottom of the movement. Your right knee should not pass your right foot. If you have one leg that is more dominant than the other, start out with the less dominant leg first. Raphael warns that you should discontinue this exercise if you feel any discomfort in your knees.

Walking Lunges With Dumbbells

Take a lunge with your left leg. Do walking lunge for 15-20 steps and then come back. Description: walking lunges: Stand with your feet hip width apart. Grasp 2 dumbbells and place your arms straight at your sides with your palms facing inward. Take a large step forward. Your front knee should line with your ankle, and your back knee should lower close to floor -- but without touching the floor. Push off your back foot and take a large step. Repeat with your other foot. Keep repeating just as one would walk (left, right, left, right, etc.).

Stationary Bike

Proper bike set up is important for safe cycling. Your seat should be set so that there is a slight bend in your knee when your foot is at the bottom of the pedal stroke. Your handlebars should be adjusted for comfort. If the handlebars are too low, it will put stress on your lower back. The ball of your foot should be placed in the middle of the pedal. If pedal straps are available, secure your feet snugly into the cages by adjusting the strap. When you begin rolling your legs in a forward circular motion, you should always be able to see your feet.

The bikes come in several models, some with virtual reality games and others with more basic features. You may wish to search for the bike that best suits your personality. If the bike is programmable, start with a manual program and then progress to profiles including hills and more resistance. For best results, Raphael recommends doing this exercise 4-6 days a week for at least 30 minutes.

The Leg Press

“You can use this exercise to work different parts of the leg, depending on where you position your feet,” Raphael says.

On the leg press machine, select a seat setting that allows you to extend your legs fully. Your body should be erect, with your back firmly against the seat, and your feet should be squared or turned slightly outward, with the weight on the balls of your feet. Flex your knees. Contract your abdominal muscles. Extend your legs completely, without locking your knees. Pause for a second, and then return to the starting position. Pause again before starting the next repetition. Exhale as you extend your legs and inhale as you return to the starting position. According to Raphael, the extension should take 2 to 3 seconds, as should the return to the starting position.

Fitness Band Standing Leg Adduction

Attach a fitness band to a door at ankle height (the band should come with a door attachment). Attach the fitness band to your left ankle. Stand with your left side facing the door. Place your weight on the right leg, and put your right hand on a chair or table in order to balance your body. Place your left hand on your hip. Maintain a slight bend in the knees throughout this exercise.

Contracting the inner thigh muscles, move the left leg past the right leg, stopping when you feel a contraction on the inner thigh. Slowly return to the starting position. After you complete the set, perform the movement with the other leg. Perform 15 slow and controlled repetitions for each leg.

Lying Leg Adduction

Lie on your right side with your right arm supporting your upper body. Your right leg should be straight, and your left leg should be bent. Support your weight on your right arm and left leg. Lift your right leg up until you feel a contraction of the inner thigh muscles. After completing the set on the right side, perform the exercise on the left side.

You may use ankle weights to increase the level of difficulty. If you are an intermediate exerciser, you can add resistance to the inner thigh as you are lifting. You can resist your inner thigh with your hand or use a weighted object. Perform 20 slow and controlled repetitions on each side.

Ankle Weight Standing Leg Adduction

Place an ankle weight on your left ankle. Stand erect with your weight on the right leg with a soft bend in the knee and your right hand on a chair or table for balance. Place your left hand on your hip.

Contracting the inner thigh (adductor) muscles, move your left leg past your right leg. Slowly return to the starting position, stopping when the left leg is in front of the right leg. If you have one leg that is more dominant than the other, Raphael says you should start out with the less dominant leg first. Perform 15-20 slow and controlled repetitions.

Antoinette Houchens
Username: antoinette

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 01:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a job where most of the time I am sitting. Since starting my job 3 yrs ago my legs are out of control. They have always looked muscalar but now, wow not so much. I am doing Jazzercise but when time allows (maybe just once a week) due to being busy with the kids' activites. Anyone have good leg sliming exercise done sitting down?

Tabitha Brennen
Username: moveitorloseit

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 09:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello... i am 18 and have basically an emaciated upper body and a heavy lower body or legs/thigs... i am depressed over the situation because i am made fun of by others and my self esteem is down the toilet... i hate the way i look and i need help in ways and ideas on how to bulk up my upper body while slimming my legs and lower body...please help me with this situation... i dont want to be the joke anymore...thanks

Sarah Beth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 01:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm so glad i found this site. It really makes me feel better knowing i am not the only one with this problem. I too have bulky calves, and NEVER wear shorts or skirts. I have just started the Winsor pilates and so far i love it. I already feel better. I am only doing the 20 min work-out everyother day and hope to see results soon. GOOD LUCK to everyone and keep me posted on your progress!!

Daniela
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 03:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for tight butt sitt on the floor propping urself up on ur elbows, with one leg bent(foot resting on the floor) the other leg straight. Then raise and lower the straight leg continuously until you cannot do it anymore. Then switch legs and do the other one. I know friends who do this for up to a half hour for each leg! and believe me her bum is hott

JoanneJoanne
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 03:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unbeleivable!! truly!! I have been unhappy with my legs since I was born.

This is what you need to do. OVERTRAIN the muscles in the legs until they burn.

Example: Ad/Abductor aim for 100 (low weight) when you reach 60 they should be burning if they are not then the weight is to low.

Run, run, run long distance sprinting in between.
Rowing is fantastic again sprinting in between.
This is called interval training.

Dont do to much of the same change your exercise routine overwise your body adapts to the ecercse and you will just stay the same.

If you are losing weight through exercise you may think your legs look bigger but it is actually body fat which you are losing and not your legs getting bigger.

Look at body builders do you know what it takes to get like that?

Come on guys exercise, eat right and be happy with what you have got, work wiht it. A lot of it is to do with genes!!! deal with it life is too short.

Melissa Grayce
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 01:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a walker/runner on a treadmill, for 30 minutes; I usually do that 4 days a week, with an incline. I am having trouble toning my legs. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I have fat ankles and my calves run into my ankles, if you know what I mean. I say I have Cankles... How can I make my ankles look slimmer and my legs toner.

Serena
Username: serena

Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 09:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I just say I am so glad to have found this site

Well I'm 21 and i haven't worn a skirt or shorts in public in nearly 10yrs..

I'm 155cm and weigh 47kgs.. so I'm not a big girl, my body is in good proportion, however i have these HUGE calves and thick ankles that stand out from the rest of my body. I'd hate to admit it but it really gets me down and it has affected the way I live my life..
Physically but mostly emotionally..

I've tried many things to reduce the size of my calves.. only to realise that I have no fat there to lose, it's all muscle! What do I do?

Every year my goal is to slim down my calves by my birthday. To help boost my self-confidence and self-esteem, start a new year of my life fresh. However that day hasn't even come close..
It becomes disheartening after so many years..

So if anyone has any good advice it would help a ton, coz I would love to wear a skirt for my 22nd BDay in Dec

Does dancing make it worse or can it help?
Thanx again

Niki-Samantha
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 06:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i heard that some types of dancing makes it worse but some can help. i dont know which ones but there are some other excercises you can do.
calf raises are pretty easy to do. stand on the edge of the stair, like with half of your foot on the stair and half not. than go up and down, i hope that'll help u if u understand me.

but can someone tell me how to get a flatter stomache and smaller thighs? please help thankyou

SweetLove
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 03:12 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay, so my question is...if I use an elliptical machine regularly (for cardio etc) will it eventually slim down my legs or make them muscular? I was planning on doing it 30 min to an hour a day practically everyday. I have very long(now flabby) legs, mainly upper thigh towards my rear, and I'm just concerned that it may or may not do enough. Any thoughts?

Riona
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 07:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh my my, i didn't realise so many people had the same problem with their calves as me lol. anyway thanx for the info i'm going to try pilates. because i am not really that over weight, i just want to trim and slim and tone a bit

MilanaB
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 02:34 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bicycle, bicycle, bicycle, I've just bought an exercise bike...will it make my huge(15 inches!)jiggly calves worse?!!!! Yes haven't really used it, and i only do pilates for a day or two then stop. I need some will power, some motivation!

Cathy-Sue
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 12:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please help. I really need to trim down my things and butt, but exercise is difficult because I have knee problems. Can anybody suggest anything which might help? Thanks very much.

Boot envy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 10:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I just bought my first pair of knee high boots online and was devastated to find that they nowhere near fit around my calves.
After reading this, I would really like to try pilates, but I live in Australia, and I can't find anywhere that will sell me anything but the basic pilates dvd's. Does anyone know a site that sells the full range, that will ship out of America?
Thanks guys, and good luck :-)

Junee
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 11:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heey everyone. everyone has the same problem.
i used to be very un-atheletic, but decided to take up soccer. after a few weeks i saw that muscle was building up.
so i took up swimming and cross country. notice CROSS COUNTRY. -long distance running only. for long distance running and sprinting works different muscles.
the results were awesome, and when i took up yoga, my body shape looked much much better.
each time after running, i would hit the weights, but very very light ones. five pound dumbells with lots of reps.
hope this helps

maryjane
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 12:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you want to slim down your legs...running is key. Also tons of lunges and squats are what is going to give you the best tone. These will slim you down in no time!

lyn
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 12:54 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

can the elliptical machine help slim down your calves?

can you do long distance running on the elliptical machine?

sorry if my questions are stupid =/

Shawna
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 08:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! I work at a fitness club in my town, and as a dedicated workout-aholic, my best advise for toning and slimming the leg and calves are pilates and the elliptical trainer. I do pilates 5 days a week and the elliptical 6 days a week with 30 min walking sessions on the treadmill every day. Stay away from the stair-stepper and dont walk uphill on a treadmill - these bulk up thigh muscles. Also, women should avoide walking to much in high-heeled shoes. This puts all of your weight onto your calves making them bulky.
I hoped this helped!!!

Marie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 11:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. Thanks for all the comments about bulky calves. Unfortunately, now I feel even worse because my calves are the biggest of all- they are 17 inches! I am 5'3 and weigh only 124 pounds!I have lost a lot of weight but nothing every changes the size of my legs. Please let me know if anyone has found out anything that really helps make thighs slimer. thanks!

advice
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 05:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i've heard that pilates slims and gets rid of cellulite.
i think that if u cut down on stuff with glucose in them, then u can get slimmer, cause glucose blocks up/slows down ur digestion
always chuck some stuff off ur plate, even if it means wasting foods
stretch before and after exercising - i heard it reduces bulk.

mary wright
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:34 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a simple calf-trimming exercise I have used since I was a teenager: Every other day, sit on the floor and rapidly raise and lower your knees slightly, alternating legs so that one is touching the floor while the other is raised so that you are pounding the backs of your calves against the floor for a minute or two. It will help firm up flabby calves. To encourage yourself and track your progress, I would measure your calves before starting this exercise and then again monthly to find out how much you have reduced your calves. Heavy calves run in my family, and my sister commented on the fact that my calves were trimmer before I had a chance to tell her I was doing the exercise. Essentially you are performing a self-massage on your calves. Good luck.

Sydney Rosenthal
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 05:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i try to diet but get cravings how do i stop eating so much!?

Joanna
Username: xashax007

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 05:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Girls!
I have the same problem with my fat and bulky calves. Before i wouldnt notice that but one day my boyfriend asked me why i never show him my legs. i said cause i love trouses. but finally he made me to put a skirt on. And... He got shocked!He got shocked with my big calves. since one week i got myself to excersises like pilatee and streching and i also walk on my way home from work. It takes me about 45 minutes.I also use ROC anti-cellulite spray and just after 1 wekk i have noticed a diffrence. He did too!!! So, girls..follow me and u will have beautiful calves and legs. I think 2 months is enough to make them look perfect:P:P:P see u later. after 2 moths. i will let u know what going on wiith my calves.

Shreya
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 11:02 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i am 5'1 in height,i am very skinny with equally small butts,PLEASE someone help me with increasing my butts through some good exercise.

Skyler
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 08:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

being tall with a slow metabolism was never easy, and it still sucks. i was a very chunky kid. i started swim team which was miraculous. swimming not only slimmed my thighs but also my hips and toned my arms and back. it is amazing! running is also great... but personally i hate the pain and sweat. swimming is the way to go, but you have to stick with it!

fit mag junkie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 10:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alright ladies, it seems like every one has the same gripes...the rule of thumb is cardio(aerobics, running, biking, swimming) burns fat all over. For trouble spots more reps, less weight tones(which makes you look thinner because your muscle will be more defined), and more weight and less reps will add more mass. Stretching also helps not only in injury prevention(injuries can keep you away from the gym, which can add pounds) but it also helps to strengthen muscles with less bulk. To get rid of cellulite you need to diet and exercise, because its the fat pressing against the connective tissue just under your dermis. Some lucky ladies are blessed with strong connective tissue and dont have to worry about it(this is why some heavier people dont have to worry about cellulite) but most of us have weaker connective tissue (this is why some skinny people have cellulite also) you cant change your connective tissue, but you can chage how much fat is there to push against weak connective tissue. As far as anti-cellulite creams, sprays, and serums...many of these contain skin stimulating ingrediants like caffine that cause the epidermis(the top part of your skin) to swell ever so slightly and reduce the puckerd look of the dermis(the bottom part of your skin). They are temporary, but are a good solution when you need a little confidence boost to throw on that mini and hit the town. Best Wishes ladies.
P.S. one final note you can't change your body type, but you can make it better by being healthy...in other words, if you are pear shaped, you cant become a string bean, but you can become a smaller pear. Accepting your bodyTYPE can give you the confidence that you need to get what you want(like more toned legs or whatever) even if you never reach your fitness or size/weight goals, if you have confidence your better off then most of us, and if you doubt me, just read all the other posts. Confidence is hott, so believe in yourself! <3

Carissa
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 09:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

K so im a teenager with HUGE hips. thighs, pretty big, especially for a dancer, but it's mostly my hips. I never knew hips could be lower on your legs, but who knows. Is there anything I can do to help this problem since, you know, hips are bone...

Molly Harris
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i am really skinny on the top of my body but i want to make my thighs and butt look smaller and how can i tone my legs but make them look smaller without losing weight?? I don't want to use diets just special stretches and exricise.
PLEASE HELP! how can i do this in less than a week?

Carole
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 06:31 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I have only just found this site and I am so relieved that I am not the only one with a leg problem. I am 5ft tall and size 10 but alas my legs are awful. The main problem is my knees and upper thighs they are so fat and especially in the warm weather my legs swell. I could only find one person on this list who had knee problem but could not find any answers to the query. Is there anyone out there who has found a miracle to get rid of fat knees? Answers will be much appreciated. Ps I live in the UK

Vikki Aggarwal
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 04:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello everyone, im gettin down as i never fit into jeans as my thighs and hips are too fat! i want to slim my legs, hips, and tummy. I no running makes it WORSE! from experience! although,, wat works? swimming, i know, although does bike riding on the roads help slim or bulk? help me please

warmsugar3203
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 10:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for that problem i would walk as fast as you can for about two miles. stretch very well before though. do this about every day until u see results. And it would help to take a before and after picture. Then I would run a treadmill if you have one, for about 20 min. everyday.And watch you fat intake.

do
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 02:42 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you think doing ballet and some dances will make your legs more muscular and actually fatter?

Bride
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 01:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all....
I have a serious problem here.
I was too skinny. I really don't like that I have large boned hips. So to balance up the upper part of my body with the lower one there is one way is to put some weight on the upper part ,That will look more sexy :-), So any body could help me because my wedding is after a month and I want the wedding dress to suit my upper part
plz plz plz help me :-(

confuzzled
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 09:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay. I'm roughly 5'2" and about 123 ish pounds.. not bad but it wouldn't hurt to lose 10 pounds. my calves are huge. they are extremely disproportional to my body. If I were to lose weight would I lose the inches from my calves? I'm 90% sure the bulk in my calves is fat not muscle but is there a definite way to tell?

Jer
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 11:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How can i swim n slim down my legs but not broaden ing my shoulders at the same time?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information