Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Help me I need to lose 80 pounds! < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Im 14 and i want to lose about 20 kg . Courtney O'Brien01-14-04  10:44 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diesel (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 06:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Help me im going to start working out, i weight 270 and im 6'2'' any tips, ive tried so many diet but i fail always help me

epeppermint (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 10:52 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I started Weight Watchers in end of Nov. 2002, and starting excercising in Jan 2003. I used the "Walk Away the Pounds" the 3 mile (it comes with 1,2,3 Mile). Leslie Sansone is the fitness lady.
My beginning weight was 223 I am down to 200 after 9 weeks of WW and 4 weeks of excercising.
I recommend BOTH. WATP is so effective and very easy. Weight Watchers is very easy. It is a lifestyle eating change not a diet...Wonderful!!!
Good Luck!

go blue

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 03:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First things first: quit drinking pop. Replace your desserts 6 days a week with a piece of fruit... have cake and ice cream on the 7th. Don't eat or drink anything besides water for at least 3 hours before you go to bed. When you wake up, EAT BREAKFAST! Try Total brand cereal, or Kashi... those brands are loaded with nutrients to get you jump-started for the day. Make sure you're eating enough, but not too much... try consuming a small baggy of peanuts 3-4 hours after breakfast, a sandwich and a piece of fruit for lunch, and maybe a yogurt for a snack 3-4 hours after lunch. That type of diet will keep you metabolism up and provide you with enough energy to get through your day, and have a great workout. Make sure your dinner is also balanced... none of that Atkins diet/no carbs crap, your body needs everything, even fat. I hope you're still working hard, Diesel. Best of luck!

James Lytle

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 12:17 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To start eat your carbs early in the day say before noon. After that your carbs should only come from meat and vegies. Try to have meat later in the day and breads early. And never eat 5 hours from bedtime. Also exersize. Some people that are over weight have trouble running or cycling. Remember you burn the same amount of calories walking 10km as you do running 10km the only diffrence is that you do it faster when you run. By lifting weights after supper you are less likly to snack before bed time. Try a weight program to help you put on muscle. The more muscle you have the more fat you burn. Best of luck.

Katie Smith
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 09:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an inner-tube of fat around my waist, what kind of excersizes can i do to minimize it?

Registered Dietitian
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fist off James, it doesn't matter what time of day you eat carbs. Your body doesn't process them any differently than it normally would at an earlier time of day. It's not the carbs that are a problem, it's how much people eat of them. Secondly, meat and other protein sources have insignificant amounts of carbohydrates in them. Third, the only veggies that have carbohydrate have them in very small amounts, unless your talking about the "starchy" vegetables such as corn, peas, etc ... The only thing I agree with is eating 6 small meals away to keep him/her satisfied throughout the day and keep him/her fueled.

a better registered dietician
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 09:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

actually, james is quite right. I have a Phd in health sciences, i think i might know,....

Danna D
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 09:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a baby in Sept. 2003 and gained 80lbs. I only lost 50 lbs. I am 5' 7'' and 175lbs and need to lose 30lbs by July 1st 2005 for a wedding,how can I lose the baby fat and maintain my goal wieght afterwards?

Angelique Martinez
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 06:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need some help with my waist area - it's out of control. I have been working out for about 2 1/2 months 4 days a week for approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours per day. I have changed my eating habits significantly, but I know that I have some habits that I need to change. I am just unsure as to exactly why I'm not losing inches or fat in my waist area. The rest of my body gets toned fairly quickly, but my lower back and obliques are embarrassing. For example, I can get a size 7 pair of jeans up to my waist, but can't zip the pants - not even close. I do drink alcohol - mainly red wine, but I'm starting to wonder if it's a thyroid problem. I have a lot of the symptoms of hypothyroidism. Do you have any suggestions or advice for losing weight in this area? I sincerely need help with this. Thanks

charlyne
Username: char

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 04:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i think u should stop drinking the wine and keep exercising never give up

rosie d
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 12:29 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I go to my Curves gym (which is weights and cardio in a 30 minute session)three times a week and on the alternative days I do an intense 20 minute Body for Life treadmill run; altogether, I get six workouts a week. It's been two months, results are not happening!! Body fat has come down .5%, and weight has not budged. Should I keep going? Will I soon see some changes???

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information