Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Treadmill Workout Program?? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Getting into joggingRachel Smith10-25-04  01:48 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lou Patz (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 08:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been running on the treadmill for 30 minutes everyday for a couple of weeks now. I average about 4.25-4.50mph.
I was wondering if there is a program someone can recommend so I can increase my speed and distance. The incline adjustment is broken on my treadmill.

(Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 09:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My doctor once told me that the first 30 minutes of exercise your body is just warming up, so I usually do 45 minutes to a 60 minute work out. I think it is up to the individual how long they can do it. Because I am a walker I walk or power walk for 45 to 60 minutes but if you are a runner then maybe 30 minutes is okay.

(Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 10:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a quick question. I'm about 6'0", 190 lbs. and I'm not fat, but I was looking to tighten up a bit. I do about 40 minutes of running a day at 4.5 mph, or about 3 miles. I was just wondering if anyone knew what kinda work out I would get with that. I'm sort of concerned about abs, but I wanted a full body aerobic workout. I was just wondering what kind of results I could expect after about 4 weeks, losing weight, or just looking toned. Just looking for a general idea, as I know nothing about shaping up.

phx, az

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Find out what your target heart rate is 1st. Then when on the treadmill the 1st 20 minutes should be withing 20 of your target heart rate w/o going over. The 1st 20 mins is burning carbs, everything after that until 60 mintues is burning fats, anything after 60 minutes is burning protien. It's not the best idea to burn protien as its helping you build muscle. if you go over your heart rate then your working to hard and can hurt yourself.

rdrunner

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 11:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi- I'm a track and cross- country runner in high school. My advice is simple: NO PAIN NO GAIN. If you feel like you've worked HARD after 30 minutes then you're accomplishing something, otherwise you won't get any faster or go any farther. Try interval (5 minutes on 6mph, 10 minutes on 7mph, 5 minutes on 6mph, 10 minutes on 7.5mph, 5 minutes on 6.5mph, 10 minutes on 8mph ((incline of 3)) cool off), and distance (try and get 7 miles into one hour or as many miles as you can).

john d

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 05:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

6'0" 190 pounder-

I recommend higher intensity workouts. I know it's not easy to trot for 40 minutes to an hour... but honestly, I think you're tougher than that. If you get outside and do some real running, I think you'll appreciate the results more... try intervals, like the high school kid said. I'm an NCAA sprinter, so I favor the shorter intervals (think of it this way: would you rather look like an Olympic sprinter, or one of those skinny distance runners?)... try running 8-12 x 300 meters on grass (around a park, maybe) at about 55 seconds, with 90 seconds between each run... I think you'll be tired. Get creative with your distances and sprint intervals... your body will respond to higher intensity and you'll firm up, I promise. Combine 2-3 of these workouts a week with 2-3 days of lifting and you'll tighten right up. Best of luck.

Bev
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 03:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I go to the gym 4 times a week for about 2 hrs each time and do mostly cardio with a little bit of weight work & I have just entered a fitness challenge. The only trouble is I need to use the treadmill to do 1.5km run as the challenge will be on the treadmill but have not run for about 7 years due to a knee injury (which is now OK). My problem is that I have been running three times this week on the treadmill and each time I have had a stitch and always in the same place. I haven't eaten 4hrs prior to training and I had not consumed a large quantity of fluids as I know both these do cause stitches. Is there anyone out there who can possibly give me some advice, I really need to combat this and would appreciate your help. Regards Bev

Jelly Beans
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:57 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 5"2,weigh 160lbs. I work the treadmill 3-5 days a week. I walk during which ever program I am watching and run thru all the commercials. I dont eat a lot, if I want a treat by god I will eat a treat but I dont do that that often. So I am wondering if I continue workign the treadmill for 30 minutes every time I am on it and dont diet will I see result? I am trying to lose 50lbs of quitting smoking weight and am really having a hard time. Can anyone give me advise on what to do here.

Denise Harmon
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 12:57 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone! I am 5"6 and I weigh 236lbs. I heard that walking was the best way to tone abs. Also I have not worn sleeveless tops in about six years, because I hate my fat arms. I am very very green and new at this and I would like some advice on where to get started on a workout routine. I purchased a treadmill and I have a walking tape. I have 3lb weights and I don't have a clue how to plan a good routine. I have a goal for Sept at end month to go my very first cruise ever! Please someone help me. I am overweight but eager to get started.

CKK
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:14 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm a female, 5'5" 135. i've been working out for about 2 months, and do half cardio, half weights at bally's, 4x/week, for about an hour each time. my hips/thighs seem to be getting bigger, judging by my clothes. i guess i'm building muscle without losing fat? increase the cardio and decrease weights? anyone?

suzanne west
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 12:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a female, 5'0 125. I have been working out on the treadmill at 4mph for 60 minutes. Should i spit up that time and do it twice a day or leave it at 60.

Deb H.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 09:53 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone. I joined the gym two years ago, started with aerobic classes, but have switched to the treadmill 3x a week (got bored with classes). I also do sculpting two times a week. When running I do a brief warm up than put the speed up to 5mph then 5.5 and try to increase to 5.7 (I was doing 6mph, but did not feel at all well doing it-i think my heartrate was too hight-and I increased too fast.) I do 4 miles in 46 min, than do a cool down for another half-mile. My question is this, I feel somewhat nausious after my run. I don't think I am getting enough hydration during the run, and I sweat ALOT! (lost my sport bottle, and I can't drink from a reg. bottle of water, as it will spill.) I drink before, then after. How much should one drink during a workout? I get so caught up in the distance/speed thing, I totally forgot about hydration-which I know is SO IMPORTANT. Should I drink a sport drink or is water enough? Thanks in advance.

MarMar
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 12:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey.... male 5-11 180 lbs 49 yrs. I run 6 or 7 days a week on a tread mill also I do street workouts. The workout varies between 1,2 or 3 miles at tread speeds of 5, 6 and 7.
I always try to add incline of 5 to 10 degrees or extra speed to the end of the workout. I do this twice a day. Also I have been doing this the last 7 months.

Kristine
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 10:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey there....5'3 145lbs 21 years old.i go to the gym about 4 times a week and my workout ususally consits of 30-40mins cardio(sometimes more or less depending on the day)and another 20 or so mins either at machines and or doing abs....my question is how i could get better results.i want to loose 15lbs by the summer and also want to loose the "love handles".any ideas or suggestions,please help.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information