Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Stomach workout < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Belly Fatzalika01-20-05  11:10 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

emma bourne (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 01:01 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have really good abs from years of situps and crunches but i have a layer of fat over my lower stomach that won't go away. please help me!

Alex Haley (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 06:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem!!!!
Sombody help us!!!!!

nina

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 03:42 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unfortunately, I think practically everyone has that problem. When you have fat in you, it tends to sit in certain areas.

go blue

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 03:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a guy in my 20s and I'm in pretty good shape. I've played around with lots of different workouts, including sprinting for a Division 1 NCAA track and field team for 3 years, and I've found that the single best way to get rid of that little pinch by the belly button is to do incline training... stairs and/or hill sprints. If you're doing stairs, go every other step. First of all, running forces your trunk muscles to stabilize your body; second, the necessary knee drive to sprint up an incline really targets the lower abdomen. The key to these workouts (or any workout, for that matter), is intensity - your body responds to intensity, NOT necessarily volume - it's been proven in research.

So try jogging out to a nearby hill or stadium, and spend 20-30 minutes sprinting up hills or stairs, slow-jog back to the bottom, and go again... When you're done, your legs should be shaking, so to give them a rest, lay down and do 4-8 sets of ab exercises, including a few different varieties of leg lifts to focus on those lower abs (CAUTION: be very careful not to let your back arch... a good set may only be 5 reps if they're slow and you're squeezing). Start out doing these workouts 2-3 times a week for about 3 weeks and see if you notice any difference. After that you should be able to maintain your results only going 1 or 2 times a week, as long as you keep up a consistent and pretty intense workout schedule. Try working up to 15 sprints per outing. Best of luck!

maddie:-(
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 11:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i live in a house of stairs! to get to my room i have to run up8, to get down stairs i have to go down 14 stairs to get to the guest room or the study there is another 24 is this helping? also if i run up them 2 at a time should i tese my tummy muselces?

coolio
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 08:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a chubby stomach how do i thin it out?

un known
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:32 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some fat o my upper arms. How can I get rid of this?

elizabeth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 10:27 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ive had a baby a year ago and had an emegancy c section and its left me with a horrible"mummy tummy" how do i get rid of it

Lindsay Young
Username: ronaldo7

Post Number: 1

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 04:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 17 and I'm really active. I do cheerleading 3 times a week and have a pretty intense work out. However, we don't focus that much of abs and I really want to get my stomach flat. I've started doing 500 crunches a night every night. I'm not fat, I'm pretty skinny it's just that I need to get my stomach toned. How long do you think it will take me to tone my stomach?

AndY
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 12:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for those of u with the fat on ur lower belly try laying on your back with your arms straight over your head(kinda like your diving in water) and use your stomic to pull u up and make your hands touch your toes

un known-I have some fat on my upper arms. How can I get rid of this?
the best way to get rid of that i think is to do push ups BUT put ur feet on a chair instead of te ground (not a spinny one) it works awsome for me

J
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 01:57 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to anyone who's tryin to get the upper 4 or 6 abs stronger, do sit-ups. although sit-ups are also good for the lower 2 abs, they're not good enough to make them visible. there's a good exercise u can do, that i do every day: lay on your back (preferably lift your back so that u're in a half sitting position, use your arms as support if u need to), and just lift your legs up and down slowly (sounds easy, it's not), but never go all the way down to the floor. u can also just hold your legs up or move them in a circular motion... i put 5-pound weights on my feet so it would be harder.

to Lindsay, maybe crunches aren't the way to go. i prefer sit-ups. if u can do something 500 times, u're obvously mastered it, so i would move up to somethin a little harder, like sit-ups.

toby loc
Username: tobyloc

Post Number: 4

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 11:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This pretty much applies to all these posts, if you want to tone up and flatten your stomach the most important thing to do is reduce your body fat. You could have the best six pack in the world but you'd never see it if you didn't get rid of the fat on top of it. To lose fat from your stomach you have to lose it from everwhere, you can't spot reduce fat. To lose fat from everwhere you have to burn more calories than you consume, best way to do this is to get regular cardiovascular exercise e.g. swimming, jogging cycling at least 3 times a week, eat a low fat, low sugar balanced diet and preferably do some resistance training to put on a little muscle too (this helps increase your metabolism).

As for getting the actual muscles defined (this goes for women and men) the muscle people go on about as the six-pack muscle (rectus abdominus)doesn't make your stomach much flatter, it jsut gives you a six pack. So if you want a six-pack do crunches, if you want a flat stomach do something that target your inner stomach muscles that are important for posture, flat stomach and sports. Go blues sprinting up stairs is a way of targetting those inner ones but it's certainly not the easiest way of doing it. Pilates is a very good way of targetting these muscles, so if you're determined to flatten that stomach, get on a good exercise program, eat a sensible diet and try some of the Pilates exercises. If you want a six-pack, do the fitness program, eat well and do some crunches. The most effective is just a simple bent legged sit-up, don't curl all the way up, aim to curl your chest toward your bellybutton so your uper back only comes off the floor a few inches, do it sloooow and controlled, the slower you do it the harder it will be. Doing 500 will do nothing for your abs, if you can do more than 20 very slow then start holding a weight on your chest and try again.

Hope that helped everyone.

Claire-Denise
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 07:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been doing crunches and some sit-ups everyday for a while now, but I dont think I'm doing them correctly. I can't feel anything even after I do a ton of them. Got any pointers?

Kristina Convington
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 09:41 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm in good shape. Most of my body is toned, legs thighs, arms and my upper stomach. I'm constantly doing things, like basketball and running, and my upper stomach seems to get constantly toned. I do a lot of stomach workouts with a medicine ball of 11-12 pounds... but there seems to be a pouch of fat on my lower stomach. I can't get rid of it. got some advice?

lindsey
Username: valo54

Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 11:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi..my names lindsey & i need some advice on how to trim my tummy down (including my lower abs) and get rid of my love handles. :P
Please tell me you've got the perfect workout plan for me.I'd like to know when is bast for me to do them (morning,noon,night..), how many i should do (to get fast results), what i should be eating, how many times a day or week i should do them... Please Help!!! i'd really love it if someone could help! Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope you can help. :-)

Danielle Elizabeth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 10:48 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

People, if you want to lose weight, get off the computer and execise. Turn on some music,do pilates. Whatever you do, don't sit on your butt
trying to find a solution that you alrady have. Do some crunches, drink water, eat green beans, carrots with a low fat dressing. Just exercise whenever you have time. If you have free time, exerise. If your bored, turn on your favorite music and dance! You can do it. Whenever your done exercising, you'll feel wonderful! For meals-
Eat those low fat, frozen meals that are cheap, low fat, and the best choice. They also taste good. I think they're called Budget gourmet or something, but just get any frozen, low fat meal that looks good to you. If your bored with crunches, buy or subscribe to seventeen magazine. Subscribing is much cheaper. They have great exercise ideas every month that are really easy to just rip out.Every month it's for a different part of your body. They work great!

volleyball rachel
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 10:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm 19 and play volleyball at my college. In h.s., we had a really intense workout for our two-a-days, but in college, I considered it lucky to run a mile at practice...those easy practices got me into a 'lazy mode' for the past few months; my stomach is no longer flat, and my butt and thighs have seemed to gain most of the weight. I started working out again, but I need some pointers on how to lose it in those areas! PLEASE HELP I have at least one more season for sure to go and I'm embarassed to wear shorts! Please, please help me!

Charlotte
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 03:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm tryin to tone my stomach muscles. i used to do sit ups, about 100 or more a night, but now i have a bad back and can't do sit ups. what can i do instead?

Bubblez
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 09:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to loose the fat on your back, im not fat im 5'0, 110, with big boobs and i think my boobs are pulling the skin on my back and i dont know what exercise to do to loose that excess fat, i hate it! please help me!

Aaron Deeren
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 05:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this is a pretty typical problem of the theard but hear me out. I've always been pretty skinny and had a flat stomach. I worked on my fitness last summer alot due to their being alot of things I wanted to be fit for(school running team,local football team,school fitess tests). Then they all passed pretty quickly and I gave up any intensive exercise for a while. Too long, I know. Anyway I've gained around a stone(14 pounds) since then and gained around 3 inches round the waist of pure flab. Problem is I'm still quite thin, 130 pounds, 6 foot 1 and 16 years old and even though my stomach is carrying alot of fat I still look thinner than most of my friends. So I don't really want to lose weight but to get back into shape and stop gaining weight. I currently do around 70-90 sit ups a day and some form of cardio about four times a week. Any other suggestions. Thanks

Christy Andrade
Username: chr1styl33

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 01:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok my main thing is that i really want to tone out my abs im not in really bad shape... but i want to keep my boobs... i like them and they are a great size.. i dont kno how to work out and do cardio for my abs w/ out them shrinking... HELP!!!!!!

Destin Hill
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 12:32 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the way to burn stomic fat is to eat right and also exercise right everyone has there own different way of burning fat. The best way to do it is the natural way, I do not recommend takeing pills to loose weight cans taking pills is not natural try jogging, swimming, and cycling. You should also eat better things think about what you are eating if you dont think its good for you then its probally not. So find the exercise that works best for you. Me im learning how to eat right, if u eat right and let yourself loose some weight then start building muscle you will have better visual results but, you also need body fat to build muscle so dont loose to much weight. All of you should try this and see how it works for you what do you have to loose other then weight right.Its common sense people. Good luck to all of you and i hope it works for you like its working for me. Post the board with your questions and ill try to answer them the best I can.

jenniferford
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 08:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have problems with my neck and back . I dont know what exercises to do for an all over tone. I use to skip 2 meals a day and lose all the weight I wanted to . Now I am over weight by 10 lbs and I dont know what kind of eating plan to be on ? I am a Bartender and I am very active at work but it does not seem to be enough . Does anyone have a good diet and exercise plan that works ?

Lei
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 02:22 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to lse fat off my stomach and thighs, my thighs are really big and want to know how i can lose weight off them and my stoumach really fast!
Please help, i prefer to do running and jogging rather than sit ups or going to the gym but anyway will do, i just need help and fast!

beckie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 12:57 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi im 18 and i need help im pretty thin but i have a flabby stomice i want it flat i walk 3ks every nite and am starting to eat heathy i also dance a lot what can i do also my legs are gettin chunky help

K******** Siera C******
Username: bball_chick_01

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 08:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

im wanting noticable 4pack abs and a flatter stomach. Im skinny and pretty athletic, though. I play basketball and im fixn to play softball. But everytime i sit or something i have skin/fat rolls on my stomach and i hate them! They make me feel so uncomfortable with my body! My mom says i should b comfortble with my body, and i am...but with everything except my stomach. And ive noticed that ive gained about 5 pounds since last week and i dont exactly know how, i went to a lock in last night and played basketball for about 9 to 10 hours and stayed up all night doing that! and im rlly sore right now...so it just confuses me...I want to loose 10Lbs. Im 5'8'' and 130Lbs...i want to get to 120 without having to go on them diets. Crunchez are starting to hurt my back, so what other excersizes can i do that wont hurt my back? and how can i get a flatter stomach? Plus how many of the excersizes should how i do how long should it take? i see teens in magazines (the ones who are like 17-18) and they are so pretty and toned and curvey in the stomach and butt...i know what i can do though to get my butt toned. I just really want to look like them!! please help me! plz and
thanks for taking time to read this.

Jade Elizabeth Spooner
Username: j_spooner2406

Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:10 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi i was just wonderin can anyone giv any advice i have been doing a lot of fitness lately and sit- ups to loose weight i have lost a bit but i can't get this little bit off the front to give me a flat toned stomach can you give me some new exercises to try to get this little bit off thank you xxxx

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information