Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Starting off with too much? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

(Unregistered Guest)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 11:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I just joined YMCA fitness center, and I start going every day and working on everything..like I said every day..is this starting out with too much work? say.. if you havnt exercised much in a long time
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

(Unregistered Guest)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 03:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cardio is fine to do during every workout, but in terms of strength training you need to let your muscles rest. Your muscles don't grow while you're lifting weights, they grow while your body is recovering after your workout. I workout six days a week and alternate my strength training every other day, one day lower body, the next upper body and abs then repeat. At least one a week I only do cardio and give my whole body a chance to rest and recover from weight training. You will still see results if you weight train just 2-3 days a week. Also, since you joined a YMCA, most of their facilities have personal trainers, and I would urge you to take advantage of this, even if it's just for one session to learn the proper way to strength train and get some advice on how to tailor your workout to your own personal needs. If you're just starting a fitness routine don't feel like you need to do everything right away, you may be doing a lot, but you might not necessarily be using your workout time efficiently. Even the biggest of fitness buffs don't normally go to the gym every day of the week. Give your self a day or two a week to rest, take a break from the gym and enjoy some outdoor activities for fitness, even if it's just walking your dog. Good luck - I know how hard it is to get back into a fitness routine after being out of shape for a while.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information