Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Building biceps without weightlifting. < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

GJ (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 06:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there any workouts to build biceps up without lifting weights? I do push-ups very regularly but the only thing it does is build triceps and has almost no effect on the biceps. Please advise.

go blue

Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 04:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Find something heavy and curl it -- maybe a chair. Alternatively, chin-ups work the biceps in a manner similar to how push-ups work the triceps.

Frank Clark
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 02:58 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might try dynamic tension.Hold your right wrist with your left hand and resist the curl with the right hand ,then alternate.Hold and count to 10.Do this thru out the days .Same as using weight but is extremely effective.Don't stop the pushups.Chin ups is another great exercise for your biceps.

Nicholas Michael Lampinen
Username: nicklmichael

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 10:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After I am done lifting weights I like to max out my muscles by doing bodyweight only exercises. You can also benefit from doing these exercises by themselves. Here are several to help bicep development:

1. Traditional pullups
2. Neck Pullups (bar goes behind neck instead of in front of the neck)
3. Headstand lifts (headstand, lower, raise)
4. T-Bar pullup (two parallel bars held on either side of the head are used to pull yourself up, eccelent for bicep thickness)

I would highly reccomend about 7-9 sets of all of these if you are only going to use your own weight. Lift untill you can't anymore, wait a minute or two, and do it again. Dont stop at the "pump feeling", go untill you cannot lift yourself more than two times in a set. I reccomend doing this once every three days to give your muscle fibers time to heal and get bigger. I personally only work biceps every 4 days and I see very noticable results. As with anyone who asks me for advice I highly reccomend creatine monohydrate to allow you to squeeze in a few more repetitions.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information