Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Im 16 years old/320 pounds! please help < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 09:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok i had no idea i weighed this much!! i want to lose 120 pounds so i am at 200, ive alwasy been bigger and i think 200 is good for me
but anyways
ive done the atkins diet which worked but was too hard and the low fat diet which worked but took too long

i think i will try this:

lemon juice with water ( tons of dieters have told me this is good for breaking down fat easier)

LOTS of water ( i mean like 12-14 glasses a day)

Grapefruit juice ( ive heard also by alot of people that grapefruit juice breaks down your fat )

Chromium Picolinate ( ive read many places that this vitamin helps alot )

Vitamin B12 ( gives you energy and is also used in the Dr.Bernstein diet which works awesome i heard )

Cut down on carbs and fat

Work ou at the gym 3 times a week

i am confident that if i combine all of these tricks i will be more successful... anyone who can give me some advice??

six

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 05:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd suggest walking at first, or swimming. Something that will get your heartrate up, but not be too hard on you at first.

Water is good, but don't drink too much too fast.

serena sue

Posted on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 09:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just out of curiosity- male or female? depending, certain workouts may make you bulkier than you wish to be - i suggest swimming, as there is no water resistance

jon wan
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 07:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just try this.... eating less.... skip the micky d's and such.... then get walking or running. yeah it takes a while but so didn't getting fat

aaron
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 03:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

don't change your food intake by more than 10-15%. (for now) do 30 mins cardio a day. (walking will probably do for now) at 16 you can do some strength work, but get a trainer to show you the proper way to do the movements. let me repeat that. GET A TRAINER. you don't need one for every workout, just to give you a direction, and help you avoid injuries. trainers seem expensive, but once a month will cost you less than most supplements for the same period.

Ismail Ergonenc
Username: chrom3titan

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 11:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how much can u bench by the way?

Quick Fitness
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 08:13 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Think long term. You say your goal is to get down to 200lbs. That is your long term goal. Now you must dedicate short term goals which will contribute to your overall success. I don't need to tell you that it isn't easy to move around so much weight. There are significant issues related to your joint stability which should not be ignored. One of the best ways to begin is to perform interval training. Interval training involves very brief bouts of high intensity (not high impact) exertion immeiately followed by a very low intensity recovery period. I recommend using an exercise bike, eliptical trainer, and swimming as your main cardio activities. Walking is okay, but you risk knee, low back, and foot problems if you do too much of it. The previously mentioned cardio activities all take away the burdon of bearing all of that weight on your frame. A sample interval exercise on an exercise bike would be a 5 minute warm-up at a very low level (2 on a scale of 1-10). Then intensify to level 4 to 6 for 1 minute only. Then back down to level 2 for 2 minutes, and repeat this 7 times. Allow a 5 minute cool-down period at the end. This entire workout will last only 30 minutes, but the benefits will continue for up to 48 hrs. This is due to the processes your body must exploit to properly execute an interval training workout. The high intensity periods thow your body's energy system out of balance, creating an oxygen debt. Your metabolism will remain elevated for 24 to 48 hours as it restores the oxygen balance. Long story short. Your metabolism will be boosted higher for longer resulting in a far greater caloric burn. Alternate days of steady-state cardio (consistent intensity)with interval days and YOU WILL EXPERIENCE A FAR GREATER DEGREE OF WEIGHT LOSS. Also, start a food journal, write what you eat, when you eat it, and what your MOOD is when you are eating. A nutritionist can help you fine tune your diet in a single visit, thus giving you the tools you desire to have the body which you deserve. Most importantly, believe in yourself, you can do anything you set your heart and mind to accomplish.

Funny Fat Girl
Username: funnyfatgirl

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 01:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Like Quick Fitness said, set short-term goals to achieve your overall long-term goal. I was 324 pounds (starting in March) and I am down 50 pounds. I want to get to about 145-150, but I don't think to myself (Wow, piggie! I'm 274 pounds, I've got more than 100 to go!) No. My shortest term goal is to lose at least 2 pounds a week. To lose at least 20 pounds in no specified amount of time. I didn't get fat in a week, I don't expect to get thin in a week either. Eat good portions. Drink lots of water and milk. I was an overweight teen myself, so I can sympathize. I'm 23 now, and finally doing something about it. You deserve credit for wanting this NOW! But don't strain yourself either, because that can be very unhealthy. Have fun while you're doing it, and don't consider it a diet. Good luck!

Kypress67
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 11:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sweety there is no quick fix for weight loss. I have just lost 26 pounds in 11 weeks. Drink at least 6 glass's of water a day, eat five fruits and veggies;I eat more of the berry family, they are healthier for you (lower in sugar)use a measuring cup to measure your serving size. one cup per serving. You can eat all veggies you want, if you have to have butter on them use the 0 calory butter spays. drink at least two glasses of fat free milk a day. Also make sure you have two teaspoons of healthy oils like olive oil,canola oil,flaxsead oil,put it on your salads with your seasonings, you will never taste it. This help the digestive system work properly. Try eating more grilled & baked meats. Try staying away from the dark meat in chicken, the wings are loaded in fat, anther tip beef takes three days to digest,eat only 3oz serving. Limit your sugars and alchol, Try using Splenda sugar it taste alot like the real thing. Portion size is important for your stomach to shrink if you still feel hungry eat more veggies. You have to eat to lose weight.It is like fuel for the body. Weight watchers is a great program to join. I know alot of people on it that have lost over 100 pounds.. Good Luck

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information