Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Is Cigarette smoking worth the risk? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Korin Waugh (Admin)

Rating: 
Votes: 8 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 01:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you think cigarette smoking is worth the risk?

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 01:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Personally I don't believe in smoking.

lizzi

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 02:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YO ARE YOU ALIVE SMOKING IS NOT GOOD NO MATTER WHAT. IT'S JUST PLAIN NOT GOOD THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT IT! OKAY THAT'S THE TRUTH

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 7 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 10:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i wuz told that somking burns calories, and can help you loose weight, but that as soon as you stop, those calories which were being burnt by smoking aren't, so you gain. im not a smoker, im 14, but i believe that ppl shouldnt think of smoking as being such a big "risk," unless ur pregnant or have health problems. But its not worth the money and time, and the risk of gaining weight when u stop.

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 11:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only reason you would lose weight by smoking is because you smoke instead of eat.Smoking does nothing but kill you.

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 01:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That has to be the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. Smoking does nothing but pollute your body with toxins and destroy your lungs, exercise and healthy eating are ways to lose weight and have a healthy LIFE, smoking is nothing but a way to die.

Anonymous

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 02:26 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Elaboration on why smoking causes "weight loss": Smoking feeds the nicotine centers in your body, and also feeds the reward center in your brain. Because your are getting this "fix", you are not getting the natural "fix" you would usually have for food. Hence, you "lose weight" while introducing carcinogens into your lungs, which, after causing cancer there, might metastisize to the rest of your body.

justin jamrog

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 03:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

anyone that says that smoking is not a "big" health risk is stupid, sorry. think about it, smoking is retarded and a waist of money. if you do smoke, quit. if you are worried about gaining weight think about this senerio, me and my brother both smoked all day everyday, and lucky we both quit. I am a health nut, he is a slob. I didn't gain a pound, he gained twenty. think about it

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 23 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoke weed.

thor

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 10:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does it affects muscular development? other then related to "cardio exercises"? like, "it avoids the right proteins to go to the right places or so?

kyle

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 09:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i wish i had never started smoking..i,m 36 .it was a cool thing then,but it's not.i know it's killing me...i'm in terrible shape.i was once a runner.im at a slow walk now..but i still go get a pack...i know it stinks,.......never pick up smoking.....if you want to try it...find an ash tray full off butts put it real close to ya nose and snort ya a nose full.......

Dan Tracey

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 09:34 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a 21 year old male, and I started smoking when I was 11, I didn't notice my cardiovascular ability decrease until I was 17, but by then I was drinking alot, and had just quit playing lacrosse. Hanging out with my loser freinds were more important to me. It's my biggest regret. I may be young but I struggle with trying to quit any day. I've seen 5 family members die of lung cancer, and I still smoke. If anyone has any tips, that may help me quit please post them. As for the riduculas question of is smoking worth the risks, just take one look at a 34 year old's main heart arteries, see just how clogged they are with fat, and think before you ask a question so base.

Emma-Mae

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 03:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan

If you want to quit smoking, just stop.
When I found out I was pregnant. I JUST STOPED.
the first day was really hard. ( acctually the first month). No really the first couple of days are the worst. But it gets better.
I smoked for 10 years. I remember I was walking down the road and a car drove by. The man behind the wheel was smoking a ciggarette. I almost run after him to get to that damn ciggarette.

And for the person with the opionion about ciggarettes burn calories and when you stop you gain weight.
The nicotin speeds up your metabolism and when you quit it slows it down. thats why you gain weight. You also tent to eat more because you want some substitute for that ciggi. Well most likly it will be food.
Get moving. exercise.
So it is true that you gain weight when you stop smoking. But it shouldn't be more than 10 lbs.
But is your health not more worth than 10 lbs?????

Cary Greenwood

Rating: 
Votes: 8 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 10:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been smoking for only a few years, but I think that there is nothing better than a delicious Newport 100 cigarette. They are so smooth and pleasureable and have a nice minty flavor that you don't get from regular air.

Now I don't recommend smoking too many because you can become dependent. Still, i find a Newport much more rewarding after a long day at the office than an old-fashioned or bloody mary. In fact, I've used Newport 100 cigarettes to wean myself of these drinks, and I've almost succeeded.

Believe me, there is no experience greater than savoring a big (pre-embargo) cuban cigar and enjoying a fine glass of cool white wine in the grand ballroom of the Pfister Hotel. That is the top of the world.

Best Regards

Jonathon Yates

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 12:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I must agree with that fine gentleman Cary, he is definitley not a cad. I love to drive one of my four new Thunderbirds around town listening to Eminen smoking a delicious Newport smoke. It really completes the driving expierence. I am lucky enough to own a very large and very succesful construction company and there is nothing that my crew looks forward to more than a good smoke. Well except the occasional hooker but mostly smokes. I have been smoking since I was twelve now I am 33 and can still run faster than most high school athletes, so obviously it smoking is not bad for your health in fact it it probably good for it. Besides this the indians smoked too and nearly defeated the white man so perhaps they have special powers or something. Everyone buy a Thunderbird, a Jeep, and a Town Car. I own at least two of each. AND I SMOKE.

I love all of you
Good smokes

smoking is ugly

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 05:40 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What does smoking have to do with owning a Thunderbird, a Jeep, or a Town Car? Are you contributung owning vehicles as a direct effect of smoking? That's rediculous. And I personaly think cigarettes make people look so ugly and disgusting. And a real pet peave of mine is when I see scrawny, raggley looking, neglected little children, and the parent of that child is buying cigarettes for him/herself. I mean, buy the kid some food and clothes first. I hate to see people putting their nasty habbits before the welfare of their child. And one more thing... Second-hand smoke really does bother some people, like ME, it stinks and it bothers my allergies. It's so rude when someone near me just lights up a cigarette and starts puffing away. They don't care that they are blowing stinky, nasty, dirty air my way, and that I am choaking and gagging. My mother used to smoke those stinky things with me and my little sister in the car. She would roll up the windows and turn the heater up full blast (in the winter) and gag us. Fortunately she quit cold turkey in '93 and ever since then she has been telling us she is sorry. She says they do stink, and she now knows what it is like to be forced to suffer and gag because of someone else's bad choice to smoke.

Anonymous

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 07:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jonathon Yates....
HAHAHAHAH!!!
That was TOO funny!
(I guess some people can't see parody when they see it)

Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 01:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tought this is a board to help each other and give good advice. But I guess it turns out to be some kind of a comedian place for some people.

Anonymous

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 11:09 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes,cigarettes can help you from gaining weight: if you don't mind looking like a bag of wrinkles by age 30!I'd rather lose weight the old fashioned way!

joecool8746

Posted on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 04:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking, in any case, will cause immediate damge to your lungs and heart. The more these vital organs are "poisoned" the harder they will have to work, which will lead to heart attacks, lung failure, etc. Also, SMOKING ISEXPENSIVE! The average smoker could've bought a dozen cars with the money he spends on "death sticks". It's also a dependency. Whether it's cool or releases your stress, you're better off without it. When you can stop smoking, you know you have the self control to do just about anything you want.

nemis (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 03:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well it sounds like most people take smoking way 2 lightly. i smoke and im 17 and that right there says i have absolutely no respect 4 my body,but at least im working to get off them. smoking not only fucks your vital organs but your mind 2. poeple that smoke weed are brain dead but poeple that smoke cigarettes are worse as the never follow there personal ledgens in other words they never case what they really want because they think "or ill just have another ciggy first" get my gist.poeple you have 2 realize that we are not just suporting one of the worst companies in the world we are handing them our energy and saying that what there doing is ok. i hope that this world will get a grip including me and start showing a lil respect 4 this beautiful world

Wesman (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 12:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tell ya what. I have been a smoker for 5 years now and I just recently quit. Its very hard and non smokers say, "JUST QUIT"! Every one of you smokers out there are thinking, "Yeah, OK?" With courage and strength, you can do it. Its not impossible; think of it as building character. The motivational tool that drove me was the fact that I didnt want my future little son or daughter seeing daddy for the last time being rolled down the isle in church in a coffin at the age of 40 because he chose to be "COOL" when he was younger!! I couldnt handle that. If you are looking to quit, please, whether you are single or have a family, do it for the people around you! You might not have a family or a care in the world, but some may have a little son or daughter waiting at home for them! Use your common sense and do the right thing.

2nd hand smoker (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 05:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

smoking not only effects you in a bad way, but the people who have to live around are also effected . think about the kids who can't leave their house until they can drive. they have to wake up to cigarette smoke and go to sleep smelling it. what if they go on an 8 our trip, and the dad is a smoker(or mom) the parents will smoke cig, after cig and the children have hardly any breathing room. before you start smoking or think you wanna start, think about the others around you first.

ADLM4 (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 02:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I consider myself a smoker; however, the only times I smoke is when I'm at home on the phone with an old friend or out with my closest friends (those who know I smoke) having dinner or going to a bar. Some weeks I do these activities a lot and others not so much. The worst times I want a cigarette are when I'm out drinking. I exercise 4-5 days a week, cardio and weights. However, I know this smoking thing, even if it's part time, isn't good. From fellow smokers, heavy or light, do you have any tips on beating these kinds of triggers where I like to smoke the most?

Me (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 04:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some of the above messages just make the writer(s) sound ignorant. I am a Fitness Professional and it is a FACT that smoking ANYTHING is hazardous to your health. Anyone that makes excuses to not quit is a loser and misinformed. You only have one body for the rest of your life and if you are willing to "light up" just for the pleasure of it,maybe you deserve to kill yourself. If you need a motivator to quit smoking,why don't you pick up an anatomy book so you can see all of the amazing,miraculous membranes that you are destroying. Otherwise, I don't care if you don't care about polluting yourself.

SexyBeast (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 03:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well...I would like to add a few things. First off, I'm 18 almost 19. Ive been smoking since i was 13. The thing is- I quit in september with no trouble and i was smoking a pack a day before that. ITS NOT HARD PPL. The only reason that I occasionally do still to this day is if im having a really really bad day (yes...they do calm your nerves you non smokers out there that dont believe it) or lately its been out of spite towards an ex. soo...smoking. do it sometimes. if you havent- dont start cuz you WONT like it. if you do smoke- try to cut back at least that way you can walk without walking into a building and watching ppl laugh at you for breathing all heavy. :-)

Jeanne Lane (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

when my dasughter was small I spent a lot of time with my elderly sister in law a heavy smoker ( I was pretty stupid! ) my daughter had pneumonia, repeated chest infections, colds, sinus infections... when I moved house a few weeks had gone by and I realised something was missing...the sound of my daughter coughing and wheezing. It took sometime to realise that the coughing and smoking were related...passive smoking now means something to me....in essence dont ruin your life for the sake of a small white paper covered stick you stick in your mouth and light...Walter Raleigh has a lot to answer for....
my husband smoked for years...now has cancer of the bowel, peripheral vascular disease with 80% occlusions to the legs resulting in loss of feeling and inability to walk.

amozart (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 06:41 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to tell you people something about people who smoke. Most of them (including myself) know all the dangers and probably know better and more than you do about what it does to your body. I don't need to go pick up an anatomy book or anything and there is nothing you can say to scare me into quitting. This is the attitude of your general smoker. Sure I want to quit and have tried many things. What I found that works is you first have to find out what kind of smoker you are. There are different types, habit, stress etc. They are not excuses, they are real. These are the things that got you stared smoking in the first place. The trick to all of it is reduce those things that make you smoke. Stress is a biggie for most. The habitual smoking (at coffeetime or on the phone) is easily breakable. That is just making sure you are consciously going to get a cigarette. Ask yourself if you really want it or need it. Be honest with yourself. You will be surprised how much you cut down simply doing that. Putting down a smoker is doing more harm than good. If you really want to quit, you will, but in most cases the reason people go back is the cravings the body has for the nicotene. The first two weeks are the worst for a smoker. If you want to do it the hard way, then whatever works for you but most peole started gradually if you think about it and just like loosing weight you have to go off the same way. I have been doing this and I have gone from almost 2 packs a day to less than one. I have no drawbacks, no cravings and am not the least bit irritable. You didn't start out smoking a pack a day, what makes you think you will quit that way normally?
When someone looks at me telling me all the things smoking does to me, when they get through I educate them further letting them know I already know. That is not helping someone. I, on the other hand am a smoker and truly want to help those that smoke. If you do smoke and want to quit, you will experience some problems you don't expect. Smoking robs your body of Vitamin B and C in large quatities. Get a suppliment vitamin until you quit fully to compensate and give you body what it needs to work properly.

George Bush III (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 08:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

all you ppl sticking up for cigs are idiots.
what the heck do you get form it.. you dont even get a buzz.. go to get my fix.. you pathetic heroin addicts...your just as bad.. not only are you killing yourself but everybody aroiund u. yes second hand smoke kills just as bad. it is a waste of money, why stick up for it. it dont do a thing for u. oh it calms your nerves, so does lemon balm. use that. so does going for a run. but instead u want to eat a mcdonoalds cheese burger and smoke a cigerette then complain and sure the cigeertte company.. give me a freaking break u slobs. quit, get the patch. they have groups out there. if druggies and alcoholics and quit, u certainly can quit and dont give me any other BULL crap (sorry there would have been curses in here to make it better but the computer wouldnt let me post it)

ucandoit (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 05:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I quit smoking right before thanksgiving 2002. I smoked for about 17 years. I chose this time because if I could quit during the holidays, and not gain weight, cudos for me. Well here I am almost 3 mos later not craving cigeretts or food. It is all in your mind. Do you want healthy living bad enough?

luke (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 03:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have smoked for the past two years in the regions of 5-15 a day depending on what i'm doing. THe main reson i find difficulty in quitting is that all my close friends smoke so whenever i got out for a coffee or a drink, even if i have no ciggys on me i will end up smoking. I quit for 3 weeks three months ago but found myself getting seriously depressed. Has anyone else found this side effect from quitting smoking or is it something else going on in my life?

suzy Q (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 07:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking was by far the most difficult habit to break (believe me I know because I've had many of them in the past 25 years). The only thing that was successful for me was to apply the principles of the 12 twelve steps of AA to not smoking. It was still very hard but I found that the Nicotrol tip thing was very helpful. I have gained weight which was anticipated. That happens because of the oral fixation as well as the improved taste of food and the overall better uptake of nutrients. I am now ready to take off the additional weight that I have gained (15 pounds)and start the fitness process. I can only give up on thing at a time. I needed to allow myself time to do what I had to get that death weed out of my life. The bottom line is CIGARETTES KILL. I value life today and have a choice whether or not to put toxic chemicals in me. After nursing my mother to death from lung cancer that spread throughout her body, it still took a couple of years to give it up. It is hard but if you are worried about fitness, getting the cigs out of the mix is the best gift of fitness you can give yourself.

aggie (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 12:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My God! I can't believe there are so many judgemental people out there! I am an addiction counselor and have been stuggling with quitting smoking. I'm not ignorant or on "welfare". People from all socio-economic backgrounds have addictions, and for those preachers out there, I guess you all are free of weakness, perfect for that matter. To say something like "people who smoke are idiots"? If only life were that simple. I DO know smoking is BAD, DO try and quit, we ALL struggle with something and maybe instead of critisizing some on this forum should look at themselves, gain some awareness, empathy, rather than be so damb arrogant!

William Segal (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 12:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well said Suzie Q (my moms nickname)
My greatest regret (other than ever having smoked-and i don't believe in regrets) is the thousands of young people i encouraged to smoke while working for the "Professional Pushers" for seven years.
I intend hooking up with TAG in my country to once again give lectures at Technicons,Colleges and Universities - only this time i'll will propogate another story - THE TRUTH.
Light Life Love = Peace Profound.
William.

sherry (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 06:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After seventeen years of smoking I have quit. I read 'Alan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking'. It tells you not to quit until you're done reading, and three-quarters of the way through, I was wishing the book was over so that I could smoke my last cigarette. Since then, although I have had cravings, I haven't once even considered smoking a cigarette. I agree with Carr's theory that the biggest impediment to quitting is the brain-washing that we are all subject to with regards to smoking. The actual physical repercussions of quitting are ridiculously small when comparing them with something even as mundane as a common cold. It is our mind and our thought patterns that make it so difficult, and we have the power to change the way we see the world, and when we change the way we see the world, we actually change the world. Reality is your perception, and if you perceive that you NEED a cigarette... you absolutely will. No matter what anyone says. Read Adbusters.

hannah (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 09:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

im 16, i smoke roughly 10 a day, i started because apparently cigs supress hunger and help u burn 130cals more a day, this proved correct and im a 5'5 90lbs girl but im now terified to give up for fear of gaining weight.is there something that has the same affects of smoking without the yellow fingers and health risks?
hannah.xx

Denise

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 01:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alright, I have many negative and positive things I could say in response to these posts. First of all, I am a smoker with children...my children do not want for anything, I do not smoke in the car with the windows up and the heater up full blast. I do put my children before me and while yes, they probably do get some second hand smoke, it's not as if I am breathing it in their faces. I agree with the person that said those who "judge" smokers and label us are probably of the same group that label "blacks" and "asians" into certain stereotypes. And for the gentleman who made the comment about the car and smoking with his mother, sounds like he's taking his aggression towards her out on everyone else that smokes. We smokers know it's not healthy, but bottom line is it IS an addiction, one we should quit but some people can not just smoke their last cig in a pack and say, "Ok, no more." It's not that simple for everyone. For those of you who could quit cold turkey, I applaud you. I have tried and I'm surprised that no one ended up dead while I tried cold turkey to quit. I'm still in the process of cutting down, trying to make a conscious effort ... asking myself, ok, Denise, do you REALLY need this? Are you trembling? Does your body need this temporary fix? Sometimes the answer is yes, but usually the answer is no. When the answer is no, I simply find something else to do. Also, it's not just the smoking the cigs itself that is hard to quit, it's the habit...the times you smoke, that is hardest of all. For instance, I smoke on my breaks at work, if I didn't have that cigarette break, I have no idea how I would spend that 15 minutes. I have had days where instead of taking my 15 minute break, I just keep on working. By the time my lunch break comes around, I literally need that cigarette. By the time my lunch break comes, I've gone 6 hours without a cigarette so that one is a relief and gives my body it's craving. But...what you people reading this saying "she's dumb, she should just put them down and forget it" don't understand is this... I have a 15 minute break at 9:15, lunch at 11 and another break at 1:15. I work 5 am to 1:30 pm. So, alot of times I will skip the first break, wait till lunch, have my cig, eat and go to work and in the afternoon, why take a break when I will leave in 15 minutes? So in average of an 8.5 hour day, I smoke 2 cigarettes. That is good considering I used to smoke 2 cigs on my 9:15 break, 2 or 3 on my lunch break and then at least one more on my afternoon break as well as light up on my way home. So I have gone (most days) from smoking anywhere from 5-7 cigs within 8 hours to smoking 2. To you that may not seem like alot, but it is. It is my small step towards quitting. I agree with the person that said like dieting you must do it slowly. Your body will go into withdrawal without the nicotine it is accustomed to, which can sometimes be harsh in itself. So, if you cut back slowly on the nicotine, your body eventually needs less and less of it, thus making withdrawals less severe to non-existent. That is my $0.02 worth. We all know it's a horrible thing, but that doesn't mean that smokers are horrible people. We all make mistakes and have our vices...what's yours?

Nathan (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 09:52 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My comments here are from both individual and profession perspectives. There are several aspects previous contributors have not mentioned.

Smoking is of course, without dispute, the largest preventable cause of ill health in the western world. It is perhaps surprising that many people still underestimate the true facts. Not only does smoking cause premature death: In addition to cancer, heart disease and strokes it has a detrimental effect on all aspects of smokers' health including a reduction of sexual function, and circulation issues sometimes resulting in amputation of one or both legs.

Of particular importance is the age at which a person starts smoking. The younger the person is when they become habituated the more difficult it is for them to give up. Enforced age restrictions for the sale of cigarettes is a great benefit.

It is iniquitous that the government is complicit in the promotion of tobacco trade to third world countries whose laws are less protective of their individuals than in the US and Europe.

There is a particular connection between passive smoking and radon: See www.ori.org/tobacco.html#usingradonrisk

As someone who works with young people, I emphasise health: Sound nutrition, regular exercise and emotional and intellectual development. If you don't smoke, don't start, not even one cigarette - the risks of addiction are just too high. Enjoy your health. If you currently smoke, then do whatever it takes to stop eg hypnosis, will power, patches, or other techniques and whilst you are stopping and possibly afterwards increase your intake of quality multi-vitamins and multi-minerals, not just cheap supermarket ones.

I have read that N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) cannot completely protect lungs from smoking but may reduce the amount of damage caused currently or in the past and offer some protection against cancer causing chemicals in cigarette smoke. NAC may prevent damaging changes to DNA caused by chemicals in cigarette smoke that promotes the formation of free radicals. NAC boosts the levels of glutathione in lung tissue, which helps protect cells against damage inflicted by free radicals.

juanita (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 02:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking is Gross and Makes You Age Faster and It Robs Oxygen from your muscles resulting in fatigue. It also sucks the life from a person

addicted (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 09:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i am 20 and i am a female and i have been smoking for five years and i have like many above tried to quit smoking and i cant seem to allow myself to do it. I was wondering if anyone who has tried the patches or gum could tell me what they think because i would pay anything to quit but for something liek that i am sure it is expensive and i want to get some feedback before i purchase these products. thanks for ur feed back

Sgt Bilko (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 05:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was a smoker for nearly 20 yrs (20-25 a day). Using patches for a week, I was able to give up. However, patches and chewing gum are not magical, you have to want to give up. Patches help your cravings, you still need the will power. I just thought about
1)the money I was saving (30 p/week)
2)clothes and hands not stinking of smoke
3)reducing the risk of cancer
4)being a good role model for my children
I can recommend quiting smoking, if I can do it so can you!

mike (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 07:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I strongly believe that it is easy to stop smoking, all you need is to want to stop. I was smoking for 10 years (30 a day). It hit me hard when my fitness was so bad that playing football with people 20 years older than myself was a struggle, it felt so bad to be 26 and cant run for more than 10 minutes while a 45 year old can run for an hour. So I really wanted to quit, i felt the benefits very fast and 3 moths on I am feeling better and better, I am able to exercise so much more so I havent gained any weight but actually lost some. Give it a try, you wont regret giving up.

Nicole (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 10:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike--I would hardly say that quitting smoking is an easy thing to do. As with any drug addiction, there are side effects and withdrawal symptoms, and as someone who quit just a month ago, I can say that they are quite difficult to deal with. Nicotine and the many other dangerous addictive chemicals added to most cigarettes are most definately physically addicting, and quitting is a daily struggle that will last a lifetime.

I used Wellburtrin, which I believe is a generic version of Zyban, and it greatly reduced my cravings, and helped with my resultant mood swings. I have friends who have had a lot of success with the patch as well. It also helps to have a support network of friends, family and co-workers who not only support your decision to quit, but encourage you not to succomb to temtation on your bad days.

I do agree that you need to truly want to quit to actually do so. When cutting down and stopping altogether, you need to constantly remind yourself why you want to stop smoking.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to quit---good luck, and remember to take it one day at a time!

Sophia

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 09:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quitting smoking is the best present I have ever given myself. I do not believe that smoking cigarettes makes a person bad or stupid or negligent to their children; to say that is ludicrous. I think smoking is a way for people to put up a "smoke screen" when they are nervous or do not wish to deal with negative emotions they encounter. Believe me, it is what I had done for over ten years! So if you happen to smoke, don't buy the bad press nonsmokers hurl your way. You are a person who has acquired a bad habit-- you are not an ax murderer. When you are ready, you will be able to break that habit. Keep the faith, and I believe you will be able to quit and stop worrying about your health. Also, nonsmokers: quit hurling snotty comments at smokers. They are already hurting, and making evaluations about their rights as people simply because they smoke is rather cruel. Who among us really can say they are perfect? Maybe you don't smoke, but you may overeat or drink or swear or kick the cat, etc. Don't hate the person. Hate the habit.

CHEIF

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 07:41 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking, alcoholism, high cholesterol, high fat intake, pollution, stress-if it's not one, it's the other, plus there's other killers out there. Just choose a route because they're all bad, none worse than the other, and detrimental to health. Most of the above will cause a stroke or heart attack, even a cancerous condition, so who's right and who's wrong about the topic?

smokingstinks

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 12:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello!!!! idiots!!!!! theres nothing cool at all about a young person smoking, smoking is only self medicating pre existing psychological issues, how the hell is it cool to be a smoker? personally, i feel very self-conscious and stupid like everyones laughing at me when i smoke in public, like im a weak fool who depends on junk thats going to kill me just to survive.and everyone i see smoking i think to myself what weak pathetic fool.
in my eyes it is much "cooler" to be mentally and physically healthy.
maybe u can run quicker than the highschool athletes, no way in hell you can last longer than 5 minutes.
btw, that firebird could be a ferrari if you didn't smoke!

catherina

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 11:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I smoked for 14 + years and I am only 26, but I quit. Yes I did gain a little weight, but it was not because the cigarettes it was because of my lack of attention to what my body was doing.
Smoking is a habit, and eating can also be a habit, the good thing about eating is if you make the right choices about what you eat and when, the habit is a good thing. Smoking instead is never a good choice. I can't say that I quit smoking because I am strong willed, because that would be a lie, I just got SCARED into quitting. the thought of me causing my own death, or my own hell by making myself and asthmatic, or getting cancer SCARED THE LIFE out of me, and that worked. Just think about it, taking your own life and giving your money to Malboro...that is SCARY!!!

Melissa

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 10:09 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a smoker. Judgemental people beware, you are only adding to the problem. When people make nasty comments to me about smoking, it only makes me want to light up in front of them & thoroughly enjoy my 'cancer stick'. Perhaps my 'vice' is nasty, but being judgemental is just as nasty from my perspective. Yes, I already know the risks, no need for you to educate me on them. When I quit, it will be because I want to, not because of some snide remark you've made.

Also, we are ALL going to die, some sooner than others & not neccessarily because of something we did or did not do. Wouldn't I feel stupid if I quit smoking & went through 2 days of withdrawals to 'save my life' and then got hit by a bus and lived just long enough to see the irony.

This is in no way a post to encourage people to smoke. I would like to quit someday, but on MY timeline, not yours. When I'M ready, not because you may not like it. There are many things about many people you may not like, it's not all about YOU.

Ice

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 01:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

>ok...when is enuff enuff? I am a smoker and have been for 20 years now...I am 29. yeah it does decrease oxygen to the blood, and yeah it is bad for people around u. but we have been dealing with smoking laws here...u can't smoke in any places where children r allowed, eg resteraunts, malls ect...as for quitting...u obviously have to want to, but it isn't easy, contrary to belief it isn't only the nicotine u get addicted to. there r so many chemicals in cigarettes it isn't funy.. and smoking like drinking and drugs is an addiction and addictions r diseases. so yeah there r people that say quit...u can do it, just stop. it doesn't work like that u know. I applaud these no smoking laws we have, it does protect non smokers and children, but for heavens sake, when r the nonsmokers gonna lay off already...we will quit when we r good and ready to. when we feel that it is a time in our life to conquer another disease. they haven't found a sure fire cure for the common cold, aids, diabetes. it all takes time, as does quitting smoking. to try and quit when not ready will only lead to failure...so u non smokers cut us some slack already. we made a mistake to start, and u r not perfect. u have made mistakes that others have had to deal with. so learn a bit of understand and acceptance.

Jeremy S.

Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 07:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm 21 - I picked up smoking in college a couple years ago. It smells terrible, makes my lungs mutiny against me, and makes me feel tired all the time. So I decided to quit. I struggled all year with it until I came home for the summer. Well, my parents would simply kill me if they knew I smoked so I just don't do it anymore and hardly ever think about it. Just stop - if the cravings get too bad, fix yourself a stiff drink and watch some TV, or go for a run and pretty soon you'll forget about it.

ashley gabrielle downs

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 01:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PLEASE!!! how much are you gonna lose smoking 5 pounds max if it even works and you are risking cancer thats like risking your life for a few pounds dont be silly

Marcus
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 03:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Everyone has a different way to quit. Here's how I did it. You first have to have the attitude that "I MUST quit" (easier said than done) N.L.P. helped with this, go to any search engine and type Nuero Linguistic Programming or N.L.P. This conditioned my mind to have the not idea that I need to quit or I want to quit, but I MUST QUIT. With this in mind the rest fell into place for me. You must understand yourself to recognize and develeop your own best quitting technique. I smoked 1 pck/day. I started rationing 6/day for a week then 4/wk then 2 wk. The interesting thins is that the last few days of 2/wk I found that it would just be silly to smoke 1/day and I decided to quit altogether. For me, I need a "victory" ritual. So I decided to take the most difficult one. (this is not recommended for everyone) The day I decided to be the day, I bought a new pack to only smoke one. So I did, I smoked one ciggarette and now I keep 19 cigs in my car. Why? as I reminder that I CAN have and be around cigs without partaking. For example, the guys out there calling smokers slobs may say I'd be better off putting em in the trash. Then when I'm around smokers, I have the temptation to smoke, but with having those special 19 on me always, I learn to deal with the temptation. Eventually when I feel that I do not need a reminder I'll get rid of them. But I've been carrying around those 19 for a month now(not long but I feel soooo much better). For now I take pride that I can keep cigs on me and not touch them. It's hard, but the positive self esteem that comes with success makes it easier every day.

REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY ONE MANS(MY) STORY OF HOW HE QUIT AND IS NOT A RECCOMENDED QUITTING TECHNIQUE, although it seems to be working for ME.

gmoto
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 11:02 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

smoking is for fools. i quit for 2 years and i feel great now. plus i save a fortune.

Smokin Joe
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 02:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try pipe tobacco!! Just don't inhale

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 08:28 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I started smoking when I was 17 (I'm 38 now). I wanted to lose some weight. I don't remember if I lost the weight but I sure liked smoking. I took to it like a fish to water and was smoking about a pack a day in no time. I ended up quitting 10 years later when I got a case of double pneumonia -- not actually related to smoking -- and was in the hospital with an IV for five days. When I left the hospital I wanted a cigarette but I thought, if I've gone this long, I'm sticking it out, and got myself a box of Nicorette gum instead (foul stuff). I stayed off cigarettes until I was 30, and my marriage went sour. I went back to smoking and was smoking a pack a day within a week. About two years ago I started noticing that when I went to bed there was an ache in the middle of my chest, and I was having trouble breathing if I laid on my right side, that scared the hell out of me. My father died of emphysema and I don't want to go that way. I played with the idea of quitting again for about two months, tried weaning, cutting back, actually bought the disgusting gum again, and then one day on a Friday, coming home from work, I just decided to try NOT smoking (I still had almost a half pack in my purse). I managed through the night, then sort of stumbled through the weekend, the craving was there, it's always there even now, but honestly, cold turkey was easier than using nicotine gum. I don't believe true addicts (my definition of a true addict is rolling out of bed and lighting a cigarette) EVER lose the mild craving, even though I literally gag when I pass a smoker, now, I simply cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke. So, I've quite twice, once with aide once without, and found quitting without easier. The only other tip I can offer is to get into aerobic exercise, it helps get you through, chews up some time, wears you out, the natural endorphins help, and there's a sense of satisfaction as you see your fitness level increase. And look at it this way, a pack of cigarettes now costs $3.65 in my area, that's $1,332 per year, which can buy a helluva nice treadmill.

asdasd
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 11:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

smoking is stupid - i dont and never have smoked and never will. it makes you get grey hair and u smell horrid and all the smokers i know have wrinkles -smoking causes that - smell bad and are poor because they WASTE THEIR MONEY.
SMOKERS SUCK

violentsareblue
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 05:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure smoking has downfalls,,but did anyone mentioned the good things???? THings like people who smoke and drink coffee have a 40% less chance of developing parkinson's disease???? OF which my mother and all her brothers had and were finally
completely disabled before death...SO it may be
bad for you and it may be good for you. We all
will die sooner or later,,, doesn't matter what
you do,, had you rather have parkinson's or heart atack or cancer or get run over by a car...don't
think any of us can make those choices.. when our
number is up it is up.. We are not in controll as
some of us think we are...

bobby joe
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 02:03 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh GOD get over urself ppl obviously its bad to start smoking CAUSE u wanna lose weight but i mean come on!!! not everyone DIES from smoking and im not even a smoker i just hate anti-cigarette nazis...."smoke weed" yes do that and that will help you be a drug addict and end up on da streets but hey its not as addictive as those damn cigarettes right?! :|

Kathy D.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 08:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I started smoking when I was 15, on the way to HS> This girl smoked and I wanted to also I am now 43 and still smoke, and hate it. I have tried hypnosis, patch, wellbutrin, and cold turkey. My problem is I compromise with myself and smoke. What have you sucessful quitters told yourselves that absolutely "did it" for you and you havn't smoked since? HOw did you stay strong...I remember having withdrawels so bad I was in tears. Having 3 kids was cake compared to trying to quit sucessfully. Help!

greysquirrel
Username: greysquirrel

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 04:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've read all of these messages, and I have found many of them very helpfull. I've smoked for about three years give or take. It all started in College of course. I was never really full blown, until I had a messy break up. Recently, I've been cutting down a lot, but I REALLY want to just quit (I just don't want to look like I'm eighty when I'm thirty). Actually, I've been doing pretty good, but I don't want to gain weight. Is there any hope?

tiggerchickk10
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 08:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

smoking is horrible for any and almost every part of your body. i know a woman who has been smoking 32 years and she smokes two packs a day. if you get addicted to it, the cravings just keep coming back. im trying to help my 12 year old friend quit and my 15 year old brother it is hard.

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 10:53 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I started smoking when I was 15 and now I am 28. I have decided it is time to cut down. So, I am rolling my own cigerettes and it has helped bring me from a pack a day to about 5 or 6. Not bad, I can't roll one while driving and I get looks at bars so it definitely helps. I will quit one day but not today. The only reason I am posting this is to give another alternative to someone who would like to start somewhere. As for all of the posts in here calling smokers names and saying we suck, grow up. Addiction is what it is. If you never start you never have to quit.

german
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 03:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First! I do smoke myself a pack a day! but now to jonathan yates. Dude i dont give a damn how many firebirds you got. you are just a freakin' idiot. grow up mr. yeh i got so much money i got to tell everybody about it. Nobody cares, wichser

to all those who dont smoke, keep it that way, is not worth it.

Sherline Fisher
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 04:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone out there tried smoke away? An if so does it really work.

Krystina
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 06:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First off, I'd like to just say that I have read the majority of the people's opinions on this page. One thing I have noticed is that no one can write very well! It's hard to read someone's opinion when the context of the words or phrases is all babbled! Anyways, I just wanted to add my opinion on the subject. I do plan on quitting, and I know it's not going to be easy because I love smoking. I think smoking is for people who have oral fixations, or develop one through smoking. I find smoking a very pleasant experience and I have had many a conversations while partaking in it. Usually smokers are the one's that appreciate cold weather and aren't so damn picky about what other people are doing around them. I have found throughout my years of smoking that it is mainly a social adaptation. I only started smoking because I enjoyed the company of others and I enjoyed talking to people while smoking. Smoking makes me feel more open minded, believe it or not. Most of the time I find that I can't trust someone who doesn't smoke!! It's too bad that smoking is so harmful, but so is everything else around us. Think about all of the harmful preservatives in most of our processed foods, and the harmful germs we collect on our hands and bodies all day long. There are just to many harmful factors in our world today to say that smoking is so horrible. I think we have more important issues to concern our time with here on earth. I think we should care for our bodies and care for others as well. If someone is smoking and it bothers you, walk somewhere else or tell them to stop smoking if it's somewhere where you can't go anywhere else. I don't think it's possible for the entire world to stop smoking. So many people enjoy it anyways, so don't let it get to you so much, and worry about your own body, and don't repermand others about theirs.

Jessica Charlotte Green
Username: jessica

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 03:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

chewing gum helps take your mind off smoking...

J. Faraschuk
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 06:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who died and left all the non-smokers boss? What happened to my rights as a free american? Of course smoking isn't exactly socially acceptable, but lately when I hear about governmental agencies trying to pass laws against smoking I really get angry. I am a free person in this country --- or am I? The county that I live in now says they are making a rule not to hire anyone who smokes since it saves money with their health insurance company. If I am not smoking at work, what right does anyone have to tell me what I do on my own time. Aren't we a free society? What will they outlaw next? And more importantly, what gives them the right to dictate our personal chooses?

Yes, I am a smoker, but one that has tried almost every way there is to quit. I have tried cold turkey, hypnosis twice, patches three times, gum, prescription drugs, support groups, a hand-held computer that suppose to whean you off slowly, accupuncture, filters and even poking holes in my cigarettes so I would suck more air than smoke. None of these have proved successful. I still want to quit--can you believe that? How many of you "self-righteous know-it-alls" have tried that many times to change something in your life, failed and still want to try again. All the want and desire in my heart has not given me the strength to succeed. If it were that easy, we all would stop. The tobacco companies would be out of business. So, with all the critisium and negative comments (some even out-right nasty remarks) what is your best advice or do you even have any? It has been my experience, that most people who throw stones and belittle others would only find something else to rag on us lowly creatures about. What is your next move, you Gods of our behavior? Too bad the world isn't made up of more perfect creatures like you guys...

But, as far as I know, I am still a free citizen of this country, over the legal age to chose my own way and still willing to try again to quit this awful addiction. I just wish I saw more compansion from our judgemental society. The stupid, uneducated remarks and finger-pointing conclusions certainly aren't helping anyone. Our society has lost all apathy for the person next to you. Help us...Please!!!

Poke'n'Smot
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, Smoke weed, smookers who smoke weed also live up to 6 years longer. If you don't believe me, do a bit of research.

nicoleollie
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 01:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i really like smoking,but smoking can kill you. smoking is very addicting, it can cause many calmlcations, like lung cancer and other nasty things. but im already addicted to it. it calms me down.

Katie L. Bancroft
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 10:36 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Luckily for me, both my parents are non-smokers and for as long as I can remember they taught me all the bad things smoking would do to me and would warn me of how angry they would be if they ever found out I was smoking.

To this day - an impressive 18 years since I was brought into this thriving world - I have not touched a cigarette. I truely think I have my parents to thank for this, not only for constantly reminding me of the gross things smoking can do but also - and *far* more importantly - terrifying me with threats of what would happen if I ever did start to smoke!

I'm not passing judgement on those of you who do smoke, I'm sure you all had your reasons for starting...also, I'm absolutely positive I am in no position to tell you all what to do - or even to quit - because I have no knowledge of cravings or how hard it is to stop.

As J. Faraschuk so eloquently pointed out, he is free to do as he wishes because he is a citizen of a free and democratic country.

Smokers, please take a moment to think about your health though.

Chrissy M
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:40 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did quit. For 15 whole clear-voiced, better self esteemed years. I was very happy as a new non-smoker, really grateful to have let it go.

Then 15 years later, my Father died. I can't even imagine how-why that I would pick up a smoke at a friend's house. And within about 3 months of bumming them only, I bought a pack - and then another & another & another. I've rolled 'em, bummed them, sworn off them for an hour or a half a day - but I just had one - -
So NOW I can truly see how the addiction can get ya, even when you know & feel better about not smoking than about smoking.
I feel, particularly, first thing in the morning that I have a choice - to smoke or not to smoke on that very day.
And no, I do not wish to gain back the 12 or so pounds I've lost fairly easily since back to smoking. So I'm just going to Have to work on it, work it out, walk more, drink more water, take the dog for walks, paint, call a friend, work in the garden, etc. etc. etc.
Because I would like to be a non-smoker again.
And I certainly can better use the money on other things, truly. Bless all who have shared before me.

Jack
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 05:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guys come on calm down, if you smoke then so what dont try and quit just embrace it. Hey they have a filter!! I smoke low tar light cigarettes and I have no regrets due to my dad and his dad (both alive) and have been smoking befor they where 12 (my dads in his 50s, and my grandfather is in his 90s) Sooo dont think that its bad i think that the people that die from smoking is actully all staged and there killed by non smokers to show that it leads to death(but they just dont want people to smoke for some reason) but my dad and grandpa faught off those non smoking killers and there fine hell so am I! I carry a pistol with me so when one trys to aproch me I simply will shoot him sevral times in the head.

kathymartin
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 12:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm... I came on this site to get some inspiration about not smoking, but I've gotten so distracted by the general poor grammar and spelling that I forgot about the smoking. Is this how people really write, or is it just an internet thing?

Anyhow, I smoked from age 19-26 and then quit, with the help of Nicorette. But my addiction, while under control, was always under the surface because 10 years later at a time of stress I picked it up again. This time it has been infinitely harder to quit, but I managed to do it last month. While we all will have different paths to quitting, I do believe that the one underlying factor that determines success is simply being ready. Unambiguously, completely ready. And only the smoker can determine if he or she is there....

Brooks
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 11:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I quit smoking by taking the Welbuterin pill. My gynocologist prescribed it to me and I was able to quit within 3 months. It has not been over a year and I can't stand the smell of smoke. I recently tried to smoke a cig and can't stand the taste of it. Believe me, it works. I was truly addicted to cigs. A friend of mine once told me that I smoke cigs like I'm trying to make love to it. Try it, it works.

Martin O'Connor
Username: martin6

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:44 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking use to calm me down, however when I think of a Dr telling me I might have 3 monthes to live that freaks me out!!!

Martin O'Connor
Username: martin6

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:44 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking use to calm me down, however when I think of a Dr telling me I might have 3 monthes to live that freaks me out!!!

zill
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 05:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my husband quit smoking but has been chewing gum for over 5 years. i know that is very expensive, but is it dangerous for him?

frogsquisher
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:03 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By chance I was surfing the net and somehow ended up here. Hmmm must be a reason. One thing that I have not seen mentioned here and probably should be just in case there are some people out there addicted to cigeretts and don't know. I am a smoker of 36 years, to long I must say. I'm not particulary fat or wrinkled, so don't believe everything you read. This is not a pro cigerett posting.

Medical science has found cigerett smoking to be the most addicting substance today, worse that heroin. I have had several addictions in my life and have quit all except for smoking, it eludes me. I applaud all the people out there who have quit or are trying, congrats for having the guts to even try. One of the main problems with smoking is not just that it's phisically addicting, it's also a very large pshchological addiction. Some people use cigeretts as company, something to do, keeping your hands and mouth busy. With some it's a control issue, (no one can take them away). Also cigeretts are some people best friend, believe it or not. Generally anyone that has smoked any length of time knows the side effects of smoking and most would like to quit. Brow beating them, picking on them, and generally being obnioxus dosen't help. I'd say most flip you the bird and light up if they can. They know they have a problem and don't know how to solve it. Smoking is the single most addictive substance in society today as I've mentioned before for many reasons. Any substance used in excess can be dangerous, I say again any substance. From food which they have recently found can be just as dangerous if you become too heavey to soft drinks which eat your stomach and liver. Your best bet to not smoke is to never pick them up, if you are not codependent on cigs, put them down and never pick them up again. It's the safest thing to do. The psychological ramafactions on smoking are too nurmerous to mention here from the control freaks who want to control all not just smokers to the smokers who basically are just victims with a very difficult task at hand to try and quit.

Anyway I'm rambling, smokers, keep trying it really is in our best intrest to quit. Non smokers go find some other berated group in society to bother, or better yet, get a life.

Big Murph
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 09:33 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think smoking weed is ok, but cigeretts are easy substitutions for not getting high. I Know weed is bad for u but i can't help myself. I used to be a boxer, now the only thing that will save me from this horrible addiction is my continuation in the sport. As for NewPorts go, I don't really like them because it relaxes my body too much, so i don't smoke them. I used to though.
Question:What kinds of chemicals does a newport cigerett have and Why is it so addictive?

dontworryboutit
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 04:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

cigarettes relax the colon muscles, acting as a semi-stool softner =)
newports are delicious.. i believe they are made with fiberglass...
the addictive part of any cigarette is the dependence of nicottene, because it is a stimulant; just like coffee (caffiene).

qwe132
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 02:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

smoKiNg Is JuSt PlAIn StUpId!!!

Heather aka desprite
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 07:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with qwe132, my Uncle started to smoke. One day I went to my grandpas house. Me and my family were doing stuff when we herd the doorbell. It was my Uncle. AND HE WAS SMOKING! He said that he was only smoking because it was a holiday. (That was such a lame exuse. So he droped the cig then steped on it. He told me not to tell anyone that he was smoking. That was when I was about 6-9 or 8. I am now 11. That thought is still haunting me. Now he is a grumpy man wanting mony. He stole my grandpas car and is trying to get his money. (My Grandpa is dead now.) Oh yeah I forgot to say, when my Uncle was smoking on that day my grandpa was having bits of trouble breathing. So if you are having the choice to smoke or not please choose to say NO! I am in 6th grade and in Health for this quarter. I am learning lots about cigarettes. I found out that they put it in cow poo. Well thanks if you were reading this and understand the pressure that was on me. If you would like you may e-mail me and asked more about what happened. Well if your smoking, QUIT NOW!

sens
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 12:38 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i'm 19 and i smoke from zero to two a day and have been doing so the past year or so. i smoke parliament ultra lights because i'm trying to quit right now... but i just want to ask if this is a lot better than some of you for example who smoke a pack of full strength cigs a day?? are ultra lights a lot better than regular cigs? thanks for your time

Craig f
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 08:13 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking is just plain pathetic there isnt a point in it my bro is smoking and he's on his way to an early deathbed he's just stupid after i cancer when i was 4 im ok now but i dnt want it happening to him.

liberated
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 03:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Read Alan Carr's "Easyway"...

I did... and after over half a life time of smoking (ie; hurting myself and those around me, polluting the air, feeling ashamed, worrying about my hair/teeth/skin/the smell on my clothes, poisoning my body, reducing my lung capacity and worst of all BEING A SLAVE TO MY ADDICTION...living in FEAR, afraid to quit because I'd miss my "crutch", afraid to keep smoking because of the negative consequences)... as I was saying, after over half a life time of smoking...

I AM FREE!

Alan Carr's book is the best! It removes the fear of quitting long before you butt out that last cigarette. You have nothing to lose (the book cost me less than 1 packet of 35s!!!).

Warren Sonnenberg
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, February 28, 2005 - 12:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Allen Carr's book Easyway to Stop Smoking IS the real key to stopping smoking because it actually digs into WHY we smoke and into the mental ideas we all get about smoking. It doesn't focus on the physical harm that we all know IS occurring but it basically strips away all the false ideas and information about the subject of smoking. There's no pressure to quit but when YOU see the truth -- you quit. Worth a try!!! I quit

Debi Nye
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 07:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have smoked for 20 yrs and I really hate it. I am trying the patch at this time, I always thought what is the point in that because I would just be putting Nicotine back in me, but its not the nicotine that hurts you it all the other crap like rat poision, lighter fluid, carbon minoxide, paint thinner ect....I have to say if you dont smoke DONT START!!!!

donnab
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 - 09:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

....my grandfather had a tobacco farm, and back then,the leaves were dried naturally....and that took a long time....time is money to big businesses...so they now they process it chemically......."dried with chemicals"......lots of it.....the natural cigarettes my grandfather grew , as far as I know don't exist anymore ......

Lorelee
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 11:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Come on People, Cigs is a killer and nothing more then that, it harms your body in many ways sooner or later. I have been a smoker for 20 years I am soon going to be 35 and I decided to quit yesterday and I am scared because it has become such a big part of my life and routine everyday, but I know people who don't smoke couln't even imagine having it apart of there life or routine and that is what I hope for, for me, in fact I can't wait to be at that point of kicking the habbit and someday thinking ohhh my gosh why was it ever such a big part of my life and feel totally free from it, it does happen I have heard the success storys and I will be one of them soon.
So for those of you who smoke and think its not a killer, get over it, your in denial !!! Go have a chest xray and see how it looks, otherwise lite up another one and let that smoke swirl around in those lungs today !!! Oh how I cant wait to be free of smoking, I sure hope I can do it !!!

hhjkhhhuhuguig
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 05:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you are going to smoke, you might as well kill yourself now and save some money.

dotty
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 04:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you smoke, your not onle trying to kill yourself, you could kill the people around you!

Josh the Squash
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 02:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I smoke a couple of cigs every other day. I also jog regularly and (try to) watch what I eat. There is nothing wrong with anything in moderation. It is all part of a balanced lifestyle. People go overboard.

Joe blogs
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 09:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some of you are right, some of you are wrong and some of you a mixture. Simply there is no moderation for smoking and people who think there is are using the saying as an excuse to keep smoking, however they need peoples sympathy, not contempt. the term 'everything in moderation' only applies to things meant to be in contact with the body (i.e. vitamines and oxygen and water and sunlight and all the things our bodies have evolved with over the last millions of years). There is no such thing as cyanide in moderation, just as theres no such thing as harmful paracites in moderation. Theres no such thing as murcury in moderation and its a well known fact that cigarette smoke effects every part of the body and many hormonal levels asocciated with growth, it also effects boan mass and DHT convertion (causeing hair loss in those pre-disposed). Think of your body as a highly delicate fine machine. That is easily damaged, but highly resiliant to total faluire because your so amazing!!! Smoke ruins everything but your managed to hide it from you because its designed to survive. Each breath of smoke actually ruines everything. There are millions of microscopic hairs, of which tobaco smoke paralises on contact, they have evolved over millions of years to transport mucus out of our air ways, this mucus carries backteria. Your an amazing machine that has survived why would it be good to not take full advantage of a life as a perfectly evoled super organism and instead reduce yourself to a lesser life form that may not qualify to continue the evolutionary chain that is more our more efficent ancestors fought to achive in order that we might be here today.

trese
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 11:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i dont smoke(and never will), i work in a restaurant that has a smoking section, what affects will being around the smoke have(i work 5or6 hours/day 4or5 days a week)

Lisa Eakin
Username: pallaton

Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 01:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had smoked for 8years and I quit over 2years ago.
It was definetly one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but I did it.
Don't let anyone ever tell you that it's easy to quit because it isn't.
And honestly, when you smoke, you don't eat as much because the smoking takes the place of it.
BUT that is definetly NOT a reason to ever start smoking.
Smoking is a nasty nasty habit that leaves you looking nasty, smelling nasty and it ruins your body.

GrantAZ
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 02:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm 34 and have been smoking about a pack a day for 1/2 my life -- 17 years. Funny thing is I never really considered myself a "smoker" until I tried to stop. When my son was born two years ago, I quit for a spell but then started again because of the type of work that I did (sold liquor and wine to bars and liquor stores where most of my customers smoke). Research shows there is a very strong correlation with quitting all smoking before 35 years old and living longer. Combining that info with another baby on the way, I quit for the past 4 months with 2 relapses so far (1 time just two smokes, 1 time a whole pack inhaled w/in a few hours). I've been able to quit by realizing you only get one life and healthy is the way to spend it, changing jobs (at a big pay loss), and making sure I always have nicotine gum available if the need hits me. I have been hit by some depression, which I battle with a quick swim, bike ride or nice long nap.

Mary Murphy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 08:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I smoked 1 to 2 packs a day for 45 years. With the recent smoking ban in Ireland I just stopped without using nicotine replacement. It is very easy now to avoid smokers and avoid temptation. The fat is another matter

alexa rae
Username: diamond__xrings

Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 09:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh dear lord nooo! if you want to take your mind of eating or whatnot, chew gum, DON'T smoke! Chewing gum make resisting foods not too hard and definitely isnt lethal. Smoking is way too risky, and there are SO many easier ways to lose weight. Trust me, smoking is not the easy way out. Plus, if it doesnt work, then you lost nothing and now you're addicted to smokething that can ( and probably will ) kill you. It's so not the way to go.

Elizabeth H
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 05:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cigarette smoke contains benzene, there is no antidote for benzene. Look on the Cancer Society website and you can find the ingredients in a cigarette. I used to smoke, I started smoking at 17 years old in high school, (bad companions corrupt good morals) and one day I got out of bed and I was hooked. It doesn't take long. I struggled for years to try and quit. I was anxious, depressed, ASHAMED, felt so guilty for not being able to quit. One night in church I heard the preacher say that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and if you harm the temple, you are barbeque, so to speak. I was very convicted, I got on the phone the next day and started looking for resources. The seventh day adventist church in Denver has a stop smoking clinic, starts on Sunday evening, so of course I missed the first meeting. Didn't matter, they showed us slides of cancerous lungs, and it turned my feet right around. We had lectures, all sorts of good stuff that made me feel awful, I was so nauseous anyway from trying to even think of quitting. So, in for a penny, in for a pound. Doesn't hurt to try. After 24 hours of quitting, I thought to try just one cig. It made me so ill, I was dizzy and sick. After that, it was a very hard road, but not worth going back. We (God and me) quit!!! Yea!!! The first 3 months are the hardest, if you feel like screaming, go out in the woods and scream! Just keep to the path and don't ever, ever pick up those cigarettes again. At the clinic, they said you have to make some choices. Whatever happens, whatever, you choose not to smoke. If your Dad dies, you choose not to smoke. If your dog runs away, you choose not to smoke, if you lose your job or the hurricanes blow away your house, you choose not to smoke. Thank God for mercies, I am smoke-free since 1976. And yes, I think the cig companies put some additive into the cigarettes to make you want them more. Plus, most families have alcoholics in them and we all have that addictive personality. I put a small box of raisins in my sweater pocket and patted my pocket to see if they were still there every time I wanted a smoke. I gained 12 pounds, but that is unavoidable. And worth it. When you smoke, your arteries and veins clamp down and your blood pulses faster thru your veins. That is what they do. So, if you stay on your same diet, and quit smoking, you will still gain weight. Marijuana, don't even go there, if you smoke weed, your mind stays the same age till you quit, that you started at. So, if you are 15 and start maryjane, you will still be 15 in your head if you quit at 45 years old. ...back to cigarettes, second hand smoke is just as harmful, maybe more so because standing in the same room doesn't give you the benefit of the filter on the cig. My Dad died with lung cancer. He had tumors in the opening to his lung, they gave him radiation to shink the tumor and when it shrunk, it burst and he drowned in his own blood. What a horrible way to die, and it could have been avoided. Thanks for reading, and it is my prayer today that this posting will help someone, anyone, anywhere.

Yen B.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 04:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I personaly think that smoking is a very bad thing and should not be done.Not for medical resons or to look cool or like some retarted person in this thing said "TO LOSE WEIGHT."If you are looking to lose weight by smoking, than there must be something seriously wrong with you.Smoking is not something that should be taken lightly.My grandmother has been smoking seince the age of 15 and she has bronchitis and her breathing scares the boots off of me.She also has these
cough spells that scare me so much i want to scream.Oh and lord help her if she get sick.I guess my point is dont smoke dont think about smoking and if you can stay away from second hand some too its just as bad.
Thank you for your and stay healthy the world needs you.

scarred for life
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 08:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi im thirteen and just a couple of months ago watched my mom die of cancer from smoking. anyone with kids or are planning to have any in the future out there i know it's not easy to quit but really i mean you dont want for you kid to see their mom or dad dead because of cancer from smoking. it is the hardest thing i've had to go through and it wouldnt be easy for your kids either.it scars you for life so think of the kids.

scarred for life
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 08:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

anyone have any advice for an essay i have to do on cigarettes? your help is much appericated

nic nazi
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 08:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Above, I saw a clueless person remark that people who don't like smokers are also likely to dislike blacks and other groups. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen; it's an apples and oranges comparison. You were not born with a cigarette in your mouth. It's a choice. And I don't want to hear the "you don't understand....'enter one of about 1,000 excuses here' " crap. If you want to inhale portable exhaust fumes and kill yourself, I totally support your right to do so. But if you're doing it in the middle of a crowded room, that's when I have a problem. I know polite smokers who realize the habit is extremely disgusting and do their best to avoid poisoning non-smokers with their repulsive habit. I also know some morons who aren't satisfied to just kill themselves, but they also think they have the right to blow smoke in the face of people around them. My compromise is, allow smokers to smoke wherever they wish, but it should be in a totally self-enclosed room with minimal ventilation. If the smell is so great, smokers should have no complaints about breathing in all the "delicious" smoke. That way, healthy non-smokers won't have their rights violated. Whenever I hear a smoker talking about having the right to subject others to their nasty habit, the arrogance is appalling. Bottom line, smoking is for mentally weak people who need a crutch and it's a really pathetic habit that's worthy of much shame and embarrassment. Those who would say otherwise are delusional and justifying their idiotic habit on faulty and deceptive logic.

yep
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 05:14 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

an occasional smoke wont hurt u but the problem is that occasional smoke can turn in to 2 then 3 etc...u get the point.

David mcknight
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 01:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok here right, i 'm 21 and i smoke and drink a fair bit, but its what i like to do so, if u have a problem with me smoking when i am around you then ask me to put it out and i will... if u dont ask and are just going to ***** then seriously just **** off and go and mutter to your self at home, no one cares what you think of smokers .. half the asses that dont like smoking, just do it because it makes themself feel "BIGGER" to complain about something that poeple might back them for.... if u dont ask me to but it out, then **** off.....any idiot that smokes too loose wait should just keep watching television their whole life...and go and ******* blame the government for putting ciggaretts out their... they could take them back!!!...but it is a revenu raiser isnt it... dont blame us blame the system...... and PEOPLE that dont smoke can still get cancer...lol...what u think your safe and u can point the finger...get lost..

Michael Washbish
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 11:33 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a child now and I am 33 years old. I been smoking about 12 year and wish I did not start doing it. Way I started the way most people do, stress. That one thing I should have not done, it takes alot out of you. One thing it does causes bad cirruation in the the body. There have been several times where I was not putting pressure on the arm or leg and they went to sleep. I quit smoking for about 5 months after getting some advice from my college teacher. She told me it would be good for my health. It was, but went I went to live with my roommates in the dorms, it was only a month later I started again. Now I going to try again. I going to be hard, but with will power and courage, I think I can do it for me and my son.

Patricia
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 12:01 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been smoke-free for the last 5 monhts. i've smoked since i was 15. Now, i am 28, and proud that i quit. It is worth it. I've gained 10 pounds but i read that after 6 months the gained weight start to come off naturally. My skin, hair, circulation has improved a lot. I am not that moody anymore. My lung capacity is improving too.

SXC K@Y
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 07:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

after smoking for 3 years i always wish that i had never started. this is because when i think about all of those innocent children breathing in my smoke, it makes me feel really guilty. so if you are thnking about starting DON'T :D

Tabithax3
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 10:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I smoke and I was just wondering if any of you know if Newport cigarettes contain Fiber glass

HELLOEVERYONE
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BOTTOM LINE...

SMOKING MAKES YOU FEEL VERY PLEASURABLE, SMOKING CAN BE VERY VERY ENJOYABLE, BUT...

THIS IS A HUGE BUT

IT IS VERY VERY HARMING TO YOUR HEALTH. IT ATTACKs YOUR LUNGS, EYESIGHT, SEX LIFE, HEART, ETC... ETC...

SMOKING IS A DANGEROUS PRODUCT, IT FEELS VERY GOOD, BUT ITS VERY BAD FOR YOU.

YOU CHOOSE

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information