Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Does anyone know enough to help me? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sherri L.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 10:45 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
I am a 21 yr old female and last year by sticking to weight watchers and following a strict work out plan, I managed to lose 36 pounds in 4 monthes. It was wonderful but over the Christmas holidays, I gained 10 pounds back again and I have been trying since April 03 to lose the weight again, with NO LUCK! Why is this? I am back on weight watchers and watch eveything that i eat and my work out plan is even stronger than it was before. I am so depressed because i can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It went so well the first time. Oh! I also drink 8 glasses of water every day.The scale doesn't budge,my clothes are not any looser and I haven't lost any inches. Anyone with advice, please, please help me!

nate

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 04:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sherri-

There is a chance that your weight problem could be hormonal. It might be worth it to have your thyroid levels checked.

As far as your workouts go, make sure they are intense. Your body will respond to intensity more so than volume. Along those same lines, you shouldn't need to be in the gym for more than an hour at a time. Make sure you are eating ENOUGH, also.

I wish you luck.

Fred E.
Username: gteckwreck

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 04:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are no secrets....eat less, exercise more and the weight WILL come off. I'm not familiar with Weight Watchers, but you need to be aware of what's in whatever you eat. All other things being equal, ie, no hormonal issues, a low carb, high protein diet of 5 to 6 small meals a day, along with exercise will work. Start an exercise program slowly, but increase intensity, especially of your cardio, over time. Maintain 65 to 85% of your theoretical max heart rate for 30-60 minutes. You will become a machine!!!!

The guy
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 04:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Know that muscle is the number one energy burner.
The more muscle you have the faster your motabalisme will be, in turn making it easer to lose waight and keep it under control.
So I reccomend heavy wight lifting for 4 to 6 weeks and keep in mind that you will NOTICE wight gains during this period, but know that muscle waigh more than body fat.
During this time (the first 4 to 6 weeks) you need Protien and also moderate or low carbs.
Most would recomend no carbs but I do not because carbs is the number one source for body nergy and also is responeble for hormonal development cause you to be happy or depressed.
With out carbs your body would eat at muscle and then resort to deep fat stores. in short,wtih no carbs yes you will lose waight fast but you will gain it back even faster!
So eat complex carbs, high fibre and high protien
Work with heavy wights (65 to 75% of your one rep max) For 45 to 90 minutes every second day and inbetween tose days you should go for an houre to an hour and a half of cardio recommended cardio I say is fast walking on a tread mill at a 5 to 9% incline
or on a bycilce the elepticle trainer loses the most wight.
Low key cardio burns less caleries but more caleries from fat stores rather than anything else.
Eat 5 to 7 small meals a day.
Take multi-vitamins.
I recomend a suplement such as melotonine.
Lots of sleep.
The MINIMUM of 8 glasses of water a day.
And alsoo stay away from a scale for at the very least a month.
After the heavy weight training start on a high intensety light training.
Now that your body has more muscle the easeir it will be to keep your weight under control.
I hope this long ansewr helps your question.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information