Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * Uneven abs, HELP! < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pyro

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 04:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ever since my abs have begun to develop, i have noticed that the right side is uneven with the left side... the lines which split up the abs do not make a straight line across. Are there any excercises to do to correct this? Am i doing an unbalanced workout?

Mike Patterson

Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 01:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

many people will try to tell you this is genetic one thing they have not considered is the biomachanic reprocusions of running training most people how run on a track make a habit of running counterclockwise all the time in the turning sections of the track depanding on how you run one side of the body is emphisized more than the other this may result in an uneven trunk section

Greg
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 04:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pyro,
I have the exact same issue you have. Im 17 and VERY active. I used to have perfect ab shape then right around 4 months ago I started noticing that the right side was becoming VERY dominent. The lines on my stomach do not match at all to this day. The top right ab is cut where as the top left is tiny in comparison. this has caused my middle left to form higher then my middle right witch makes it VERY uncomfertable to sit down. I to am lookin for excersises to correct this.

Jon Dendindale
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 12:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

don't worry. this just means that your abs are extremely toned and healthy. this is how muscular abdominal muscles should look like. GREAT JOB! do u know how many people would kill for abs like that?
Jon Dendindale,
expert on body building and muscle toning information

Sarah
Username: confused

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 02:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't work one side harder or longer than the other. Make sure your reps are the same amount and intesity.

Jeff J.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 06:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am having that same problem also, but i dont think it means you are toned and healthy =/

even if it does, i want my abs to be even....

Darren Prince
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 09:12 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there, I've got a six pack but my 2 top abs are uneven in size. My left ab is double the size of my right ab. What exercise can I do to correct this?

Dan Conway
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 10:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ive been enquiring abou this alo recently, and ive heard everything from using one hand to write more cuases those msucles to flex and develop differently, also Ive heard that since the heart is on the left side, the right top ab will sometimes overextend, but this dosent explain for the people who have it on the other side...

Levi
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 02:33 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Same thing here, I hate hearing about how it cant be fixed, so i'm just gonna keep working them out and hope that they even them selves up

ablovingchica
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 05:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They can't be fixed, I'm sorry guys but those are the cards that genetics delt you. I personaly think that it's hot. No stomach will look perfect. Look at the hottest male models, their abs don't know where they're going, and that's fine with me! Just be confident, your abs are showing! Congrats!

asdfasdfasf
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 06:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got the same problem. My upper right ab is bigger, causing my middle right ab to be lower than my left middle ab. Your abs are muscles, and like any other muscle in your body, if you work one side and not the other, then that one side is going to be bigger/stronger, use common sense. Body builders are not genetically who they are, hense the name body suilders, so i can safely say that it can be corrected. I compleatly disagree with ablovingchica and Jon Dendindale, it is not hotter, Research says that semitry is important in sex appeal, and it is not better for you. Would you rather have one strong muscle or two? and i know that absolutly anybody would kill, not to have abs like that.... I forgot what i was going to say when i begun typing this post so i'll just leave it like this

shake
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 06:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem but its not that the size of them is different, its that they are staggered.. All my exercises are even and one side is not more prominent than the other, its just that they do not line up. So if i wanted to correct it by doing more on one side I wouldn't know which side to work on!
Peace

someguy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 07:30 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the problem as well, right side higher then left. i would think running clock wise should help since the lower muscles are being tighted and toned and streching my abdominal muscles evenly before working out have seen to even them out slightly but im not exactly sure because i havent exactly meeasured the length of both sides and compare with before and after. I cant believe many people all over have this problem and there has been no definite cure for this from some sort of fitness instructor. And to think of dislined abs to be attradtive is outrageous. uneven abbs are never exploited in the medias, showing them to be attractive, its always the even abs that are in catalogs, posters, ect. And Greg? you're pretty conceited, that attractive comment about yourself was completely useless in every was possible. i hope your happy

nigga
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 07:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my abs used to do that really bad, but then I bought one of thos ab machines that they advertised on tv, and since then my workouts have become more stable and my abs look alot better and symetrical

jeshua s.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 05:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thats such bs. my abs are uneven because i spent too much time on my computer and my abs developed accordingly. im working on fixing it by staying off the computer and standing up straight. its not nearly as bad as when i first realized the problem.

Will H
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 11:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, im having a big problem with this too. im almost sure its not genetics, because when i was younger, my abs lined up perfectly. i row on an 8 man scull, starboard (oar on the left) side. the whole of my left abs are more defined and longer/larger. help

Gatho
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 04:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I've been going to the gym, and have the same problem. My instructor, a liscenced physical therapist says that what actually defines your abs are stringlike bands that divide one big abdominal muscle. He says its genetics. I would think surgery could cure it?

comment123
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 08:20 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, did you know that half of your body is slightly different from your other? look at your ear, is it the same as the other ear? look at your nose is it perfectly even? look at your mouth is it perfectly even? why do you think you ahve a left brain and a right brain? that your brain doesnt work as a whole brain... anyways i could be wrong (not saying its a fact). so what are the chances your abs are perfectly straight? you may think im going to say genetics but ild have say that its not genetics, train more on the side thats smaller.

Alex c
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 04:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Change sides maybe? Just for practise of course. will make you a better al rounder too......can't go wrong.
Besides it must be correctable because as Will h just said his are bigger on one side because they are worked more

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information