Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Fitness Questions * How to gain weight? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe D.

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 11:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a 16 year old male. I am breaking 6 foot and I weigh a whopping 116lbs. I need help gaining weight, I know just flat out eating a lot won't help (since i eat mostly junk food), and im not skinny because i dont eat a lot, i do eat a lot in fact, i just want to know how to gain weight by eating the right stuff.

James Lytle

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 12:48 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eat 30% protein 60% carbs and 10% fat. I am 6'2 and weighed 170lbs I put on 40 lbs in 3 month by eating to gain. I ate six meals a day. I woke up at 2 in the morning to have a protein shake every night. I ate before I went to sleep and I ate even when I was not hungary. Eat about 400 grams of protein a day and drink lots of water. It will take time but you will gain.

bg
Username: faithriding

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 12:59 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

protien, protien, protien.......add a protien whey shake in their somewhere too, it might help....a lot has to do with your age and maturity weight will come with time

Jimmy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 09:52 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rather than stuffing your face once or twice a day, try to break up your meals onto five smaller portions, so each potion would just about fill you up. And chew well. This way your body actually gets the chance to absorb some of the things you are eating. And dont down gallons of water with each meal as this distroys your appetite. so the rule to remember, plenty of small portions is better than a few large portions. Also eat bread with everything! You will see the changes straight away!

danielnorman
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 08:26 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Protein Protein Protein. Cut down on the carbs: sugars flours, starches. eat more meat and veggies. there are protien supplements available, but they can get expensive. To really gain weight you should consume 1g of protein per 1lb of your body weight a day. There's also creatine (supplement), but if you don't lift regularly, that stuff just makes you fat. Also, lift weights: 3 sets, low reps (6) with heavy weights (so that you reach muscle failure by the sixth rep). Just be careful and go slow.

Arron
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm the same age as you and have put on quite a bit of weight recently(12-14 pounds). I weigh about 130 pounds now,6 foot 1, and to be honest it happened pretty naurally. I did cut down on certain exercises but that just made me less fit and flabbier so thats not really advisable. Having things like a sandwhich istead of the usual junk food snacks seems to help too. Diary things too. I wouldn't expect instant results though. For the first 16 years of my life I couldn't gain more than a couple of pounds no matter what I ate. I know it sounds patronising but weight probably will balence out with age.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information