Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Attn: Mothers who need to lose weight < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kendal

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 02:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I am a 25 year old mother of 2 young kids. I need to lose around 50 to 60 lbs. I would settle for 20 at this point, if I could just keep it off for good!

I went on a strict diet and exercise program in February and lost 27 lbs by May... but through that time I was also dealing with a family crisis. My grandfather who had adopted me and raised me was fighting a losing battle with pancreatic cancer. He died May 24. Since then I gained 16 of the 27 lbs back. I am at a standstill... I don't know what exactly clicked with me in February that got me motivated to exercise and eat healthy, but I need to figure it out... QUICK!

I just returned from a week long vacation, including lots of "vacation food." And when I got back to reality and decided to weigh (because I was feeling the need to wear my "fat clothes" again)... I could not believe what I had let happen. I had made a promise to myself that I would never get to 200 lbs again, much less above it... as of this morning I weighed in at 204 lbs. I broke a promise that I was really commited to at one time. AND I AM NOW SICK OF THE YO-YO! I have been doing this going on 10 years now, and I am just tired of being tired and FAT.

I was thinking if anyone needs a diet partener as bad as I do you could let me know your story. Maybe we can put our heads together and figure out how to get this weight off once and for all.

Kbarnz1013@hotmail.com

gabs

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 02:22 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo girl same thing here but I can't stay and answer right now...I have to go but I will get back at you and we can talk bout it...I too weight ...well a lil more than you 212 and I too was at a low weight once... and gaind it alllllll back. 4 yrs later I want to loose it but want to do it right. I have 2 girls just had my second one 3 months ago so I am more than ready.... hehe talk to you sooooon...

take care and keep a healthy mind to keep a healthy addittude to make a perfect body. hehe..
biiie for now.

gabs

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 02:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

by the way kendal...I will be 25 this Dec 2nd.. so we rolling. I know where you at right now.. *smileee*

talk to you soon.

Robyn

Rating: 
Votes: 7 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 02:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Fellow mommies!

I am a young mother too! I am 22 and I had my daughter in February, and I know where y'all are coming from! I have fortunately kept my motivation due to my husband, he is an avid bodybuilder and knows his nutrition and exercise stuff to a T! I have been able to lose my weight, though it was tough to get in the routine of the exercise and diet regimen at first...now it is easier and a lifestyle change! Here is a typical day for me, it worked, and I successfully lost 1.5 to 2 lbs. a week, which my doctor approved of. For twelve weeks straight I quit eating fast food and sugary sweets...Quit 'em cold turkey. Now I still go by the "diet" and allow myself some ice cream or a cookie once a week for a treat!

Here is what worked for me (A typical day for Robyn!):

5:45AM: grab a bottled water and hit the gym for 30 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill, or the elliptical machine.

7:15AM: Hubby wakes up wanting breakfast...I cook his and get his meals ready for the day-5 home cooked healthy meals in his lunch bag-and he's off to work.

8:00AM: I eat my breakfast consisting of 5 egg whites, 1/4 cup of pineapple, and 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal.

8:30AM: Maya (my baby girl) wakes up wanting to be fed.

10:00AM: Snacktime - a banana with 2 tbs. of all-natural peanut or almond butter.

10:30AM: nap-time for baby...study-time for me (I am finishing my last classes online to graduate from Texas A&M University soon! WHOOP!)

12:30PM: 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta, 4 oz. of extra lean ground turkey, 1/4 cup of tomato sauce (I season it with oregano, basil, and garlic), 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli.

3:30PM: Protein shake, or protein bar...whey protein. I cannot have any soy protein, or any soy products for that matter, because I was diagnosed hypothyroid...soy makes it worse. Being hypothyroid without medication causes the individual to gain weight because the metabolism shuts down! I can remember eating breakfast and being full all day and still gaining weight for no reason before I was diagnosed..but that is a whole other segment!

5:00PM: Strength train...while my husband babysits! (YIPPEE! A BREAK INTO REALITY!)

6:30PM: shower and see my husband off to the gym.

7:00PM: Last meal of the day...6oz. of grilled chicken breast seasoned with Mrs. Dash's Lemon Pepper (No Salt), a dab of BBQ sauce, and either green beans or spinach.

8:30PM: Hubby's home and baby's asleep! Time to relax and enjoy the hard work done for the day!

10:00PM: Usually asleep...or at least in bed(:

My exercise regimen is 3 days of morning cardio, 5 days of strength training a week. Each day of strength training I do a different body part. For example: Day 1=chest, Day 2=back, Day 3=legs, Day4=shoulders, Day5=arms, and so on. I usually take a break somewhere in there-usually the same day my husband takes off so we can hang out together.

I also supplement vitamins. I still take the prenatal vitamins...potent stuff! I also supplement extra antioxidants after a tough workout to clear the free radicals in my blood, and I supplement calcium...as you may have noticed I do not envy dairy products...too many make me feel all bloated ):

I hope this all helps out...I am so long-winded, willing to lend some advice on this matter! Good luck in your training...I wish you the best in getting back in to shape!

~Robyn~

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 08:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thats the best advice I've heard so far :) I can tell that's a great way to lose weight!

A very frustrated failing dieter

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 08:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH BBBBBBOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY

becky

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 04:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey Robyn, where do you live? i live in arlington, texas.

Robyn

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 07:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Becky-
I am in Houston! I used to live in Coppell...heard of it? It is just outside of Dallas....closer to Arlington. My hubby would love to work out at that MetroFlex gym in Arlington....that is where many pro bodybuilders go, so we've heard.

becky

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 08:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yup, i know exactly where coppell is. so close. right now i live in flower mound (like 10-15 minutes from coppell), but i am moving to school in arlington in a month.

tonya

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 04:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Robyn,
I just wanted to know that I am taking your diet and exercise advice. I am 26, and a mother of 2, ages 6 and 9. My lowest weight has been 140 but i have not seen that in 5 years! I am currently at a WHOPPING 212!! I never thought I would see 200 on any scale i set foot on! But I am here now and have a lot to lose, besides the weight. My career is on the line, as well as my motorcycle. My boyfriend came up with the idea to give me some sort of motivation. We've both signed a "contract" that says if I lose 25lbs by Nov 2, I get an all expenses paid (by him) trip to anywhere I want to go. But if I don't lose it, he sells my motorcycle. Not only that, if I don't get my weight down, it could be my job (I'm in the military)!

Robyn

Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 09:20 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Tonya! Best of luck to you in your "mission" to lose the pounds! I wish I would have been offered the ultimatum you were offered! Just think of the great vacation coming up when you are working out, or when you need a defense against sweets or fatty foods! Good luck and have FUN!!!

~Robyn

overweight

Posted on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:11 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys,This is my first time here on this board, so let me tell you a lil about my self. I am a 23 year old mother of 2 girls ages 6 & 21 months. I weight in at 185 lbs. I neede to lose at least 40 lbs. My problem areas are my stomach, shoulders,and love handles. Now my real problem is that I have had back surgery and now have 2 medal rods in my back.One placed on both sides of my spine, so crunches and sit-ups are hard for me to do right.I am also on the Depo birth control shot. Is there any suggestions for me that anyone wolud like to share with me?

tonya

Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 09:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey overweight, I really had a problem with the Depo shot and losing weight. One of the side effects is weight gain and i've had a problem with that the past 3 years until I finally decided to get off it. It's definitely convenient, but if weight loss is a problem, you may want to consider another method of birth control :) Good luck to you!! I'm going to check out Power 90, it seems like a good program.

clworth123

Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2002 - 03:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My weight gain was due to the three children that I now have, I have lost 70 Lbs so far,and I was 17 stone and need to lose about 35 lbs to be down my goal, I wanted to share this with you, I dont have been using the Herbalife weight control programme, I am losing weight and inches and feel great its fantastic the stuff I get from www.bodyofhealth.co.uk and Chris's no is 01509 261 520 is helping with great follow up support

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 10:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Im not sure what my excuse is for not losing weight.I can tell you that i am 201lbs with 7 children. Im lucky because i don't have much of a stomuch, but i sure have a whole lot of hips and thighs (and they depress me).Everytime i start a diet, i seem to lose focus. I can go all day and be ok, but when evening time comes i am no good. I began to crave everything and sometimes i do not have any self control. Unfortunately alot of the herbal regimans have natural stimulants and i cannot take substances that have stimulants in them. Somebody please help me

Robyn

Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 08:20 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WoW! First of all...I have much respect for you for giving birth to SEVEN kids! That is awesome! You must be a busy woman. How do you have time to "lose control" at night with all the kids? Try taking a walk with them or one or tow of them...it will be a wonderful bonding experience, and will boost your metabolism as well. I take my baby girl on a walk in the early evening to relax her and myself after a long day...then we eat a sensible dinner, then she plays with her daddy while I get on the computer or have some time to myself. Any type of activity in the afternoon will get rid of those early evening "blahhs" that so many of us fall victim to! Good Luck!

~Robyn
P.S. Do you ever watch the WB TV show "7th Heaven"...we watch it religiously on Monday nights! There are 7 kids in that family, and the mom seems to keep in pretty good shape...but of course-that is just TV..but it is attainable!

Kristine

Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone. I am 27 years old and the mother of a 2 1/2 year old and a 7 month old. I have let my self get to a whopping 170 lbs being only 5'3" it doesn't look so good. I have very good intentions of wanting to work out, but I find being a stay at home mom it doesn't matter what time of the day I try to work out, one or both of the kids needs me. I find that I am in the middle of a heavy workout and I have to stop dead to tend to one of them. I find that I try to just diet, and since I am still nursing my son I have to be reasonable on caloric intake, but I loose no weight then I get depressed and give up. Anyone have any suggestions. I am not willing to give up nursing to benifit my own weight loss, but I sure would like to see results and quickly so that I don't loose my motivation.

robyn

Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 09:02 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since you are still nursing, Kristine, you are actually burning more calories, producing milk...it takes a lot of energy! Anyway, you can cut back a bit on your calories and still keep up with your milk supply. I did this and breastfed my daughter for 7 months...she weaned herself off to a bottle, I was so jealous! I lost quite a bit of weight after my milk stopped as well (my boobs shrunk!) It is a whole lot easier to let yourself have time to work out and do your own things when you know that your child is okay with a bottle, they are not depending on you for food. So, obviously you can stay away longer and leave them with a babysitter or daycare at the gym, etc. Also...try going on walks with your children outside or at the mall if it is getting too cool in your area. Do exercises WITH your baby. For example, lie on the floor on your back and push your baby up and down in fron of you...instant bench press! My daughter loves "working out with me." She thinks it is funny and fun for her too! Overall, just be patient. Also remember to take time for yourself...I know that is hard to do because as a home-maker your job is to take care of the kids, but if YOU aren't happy or taken care of, it will hinder your ability to give your best to your kids and family! Good Luck!

~Robyn

Kristine

Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for all of your suggestions Robyn I have been trying the last two days to excersice in the mornings now that my husband is on the midnight shift and he is able to watch the kids. I have been trying the 27 minute Tae-bo basic video tape and have been enjoying it. I have to listen to the kids cry almost the whole time for me, but like you said I have to take care of me too. I never had a problem with my weight before and never had to exercise. Mind you my diet wasn't all that healty either. I find it terribly difficult to not be able to achieve the quick results that I so desperatly want, because of the nursing. I want to breastfeed my son until he is at least a year. Do you have any suggestions for my diet to quick start some weight loss with out loss of milk production. Also do you know where I can seach the web to find out what my ideal weight should be.
Thanks again
Kristine

Shayla

Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 10:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boy can I relate. I am a 30 year old MOM and I have had 2 babies in the last 2 years. Having them so close together has been very hard. I am only 5'2" and I weigh in at about 155 lbs. My ideal weight is around 120 so I feel really awful and I want to lose weight so badly but my kids are 7 1/2 months & just turned 2 here in October and I have the same problem - 1 or the other needs me. I live in a small town with not much support and my husband is usually home after the kids have gone to bed for the day - we don't see him much. The kids are constantly changing schedules on me and I know what its like to just be working up a good sweat and have to stop to tend to one of them - it just takes the enjoyment and the iniative out of exercising when you can't finish what you're doing or if you do - its a lot of trouble to do so. I just wanted to say you're not alone. Any advice anyone has on this topic would be great.

Robyn

Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 09:52 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kristine,

Hi! Good for you! I am glad you are doing something for yourself, it feels great, right? Ask your doctor about how many calories you should be getting in, especially since you are nursing. Better yet, ask a dietician. That might be a better person to talk to about that topic. I didn't take in more than 2000 cals/day, usually, and it didn't stop my supply. BUT as I have mentioned before, everyone is different, so ask your doc/dietician. Good Luck, and Great Job so far!

~Robyn

Kristine

Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 09:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ty for the encouragement everyone. I am really trying hard. I have been really hard at it the last two weeks making sure I get a workout in before the husband goes to bed. It is going to be a heck of alot harder once he goes back on to his day shift. I too come from a small town where support is little. And lets face it with two kids who can afford to go to a gym 4 days a week that has a day care. I have been looking into Yoga videos to do at home. This way if I have to stop in the middle of a workout I won't feel like having a heart attack from stopping such a major cardio workout. Hopefully this will work. I have to take charge of my life. I am luck though, Shayla, my husband is home in the evenings so I hope to get to do my work out before I serve up supper. The diet thing I am just taking a day at a time, right now just trying to drink alot more water and "trying" to get my 5 - 10 of veggies (which to be honest hasn't happened since I started trying) I get about 3 or 4 sevrvings in and I am all veggied out. Would love to hear any suggestions that could help me out on that one. IV veggies perhaps ;) Thank you all again for the support, misery loves company and it is kind of nice to know that I am not the only one.

carebear

Posted on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 11:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello everyone I've stumbled on to this site and can't believe how much we all have in common! I kpt reading and thinking "me too!"Well let me tell you about myself. I am 21 year old and a mother of 2, one is 3 years old and the other newborn is 2 months old. I am serious about losing weight and trying to find a way that has been proven to work. I weigh 180 and I found that out today when I went to the doctors office for my Depo shot. I weighed 180 Oct the 18th( I remember because I weighed myself when I went to my daughter's 2 mo. checkup) so anyways I had been exercising since then everyday and I thought I had at least lost 2 to 3 pounds but I guess staying at 180 is better than gaining more weight. I watch what i eat I even bought turkey burgers! I think I am gonna try a diet supplemen, that is safe and is proven to work. Well good luck to everyone out there keep on keeping on. If you really want it you gotta keep doing your best.

Kristine

Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 09:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good for you Carebear on trying so soon to get back to your ideal weight. I assume if you are talking about suppliments that you aren't breastfeeding. Also make sure you take it some what easy on any stomach routine so soon after birth. Remember that your uterus is still healing c-section or vaginal delivery. Really watch some diet suppliments as they are proven to cause dehydration and diahrrea. Make sure you speak to your childs pediatrician or your family DR. before trying any suppliments. Trust me I know how disappointing it is to not loose the weight. I have convinced myself that the inches mean so much more than the pounds. I am doing the Tae-Bo work outs right now and trying to walk with the kids (snow is holding that up a bit) I just ordered the tapes today for the Windsor Pilates. Has any one tried them? As I said before I am still nursing my son so I am limited on the dieting, but I am really trying and I am doing much better with the vegtables and water. Darn chocolate that is causing the problem. I find that since I started working out my appetite has increased. Mind you an 8 month old takes alot out of you when you are nursing too. I had set a long term goal of 10 pound weight loss by Chrismas but since I have only dropped one pound in the last 3 weeks (like you said though it is not a gain) I think this goal has become unachievable. The diet is a major hurdle for me. I am just so hungry with the nursing. Good luck to you and if you have any advice from your Dr. I am sure we'd all like to hear it. Ty again everyone for your support.
Kristine

catj

Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all, I'm 47 and in the same boat, I have 3 kids and a grandson. I have been doing alot of research and it's crazy. There is so much info, you just have to read and find whats right for you. First u need to keep a log of what you eat and find where you are going wrong, this must be first. Mine are carbohydrates. I love all the breads and pasta so on and so forth.Now I work out- Cardio 3 days, weights 5 days a week. I go light weight and go with high reps . The more muscle you have the more fat you burn. If you want to really read on this go to a weight lifters site and get on the boards, I use Meso-RX and those guys have a wealth of knowledge. Cat

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 07:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i'm 25years old mother and my weight 126 pounds
and i'm 5ft1 tall,do u think i'm fat?

Sarah

Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 02:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all,
I am so glad, that I'm not the only person with that "Babyfat" Problem.
this is my first time here. and I'm not an American so you guys have to excuse my mix ups with words and sentences.
When my daughter was born, I weighted 240lbs.
I just could not believe what I saw. (I'm 5'11)
She is now 16 month. Anyway.
All diets didn't work for me at all. I always started at night in the bed. Thinking. ok Sarah this is the last night you are fat, tomorrow you gonna change that. Well that lasted untill 10 am the next morning. I also hate exercise. I just don't have time to go to the Gym. And when I have the time I don't feel like it.
So one day when I had dinner, I thought to my self, why do I still eat, I'm full.
So every time I have lunch, breakfast or any kind of meal I just stop when I'm full.
It really worked for my. I also finally do some exercise. I rollerblade with my baby in the stroller. Its so much fun. She loves it. And it gives me a great workout.
so far I lost 60 lbs.
Why do some women have to work so hard to get back in to shape. Do you not hate the kind of women who are back in their size 1 just 2 weeks after giving birth?
well take care Sarah

meho2033

Posted on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 09:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I do not have the baby fat problem. My son is soon to be 6 years old. I have been fat since my early teen years. I have tried everything to lose the weight. I am 28 and creeping up on 29 and I weigh around 270. Earlier this year I was down to 240 and to be honest with you I have no idea how I put the weight back on. I know I am a depression and boredom eater but I feel I have honestly been trying. I have been looking into gastric bypass surgery and it sounds like a great procedure but, I really want to give losing it myself another shot before I do something so drastic.
My main problem is that I have absotuletly no time for working out. I have a lifetime membership to a gym that I obviously never use. Being a working single mother literally leaves me with no time to exercise even if I had the energy to do so.
Basically I am looking for a support group to help me. People who can give me tips, tricks, advice and help to keep me motivated.
Thanks alot for listening

Sarah

Posted on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 02:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Meho

I know what you mean, about a single mom and never have time to exercise. I'm not a single mom, but my husband is in the millitary and sometimes he is gone for a couple of month.
I don't know your if you have family near by, but why don't you leave your son with you parents or friends for a couple of hours at night or at the weekend so you could go to the Gym. Or hire a babysitter.
You don't even have to go to the Gym, you could take walkes at night after work, for 20-30 min. and take your boy along while he tells you what he did during the day.
At your lunch time take a little walk while you eat some healthy food. And really important drink a lot of water. If you like sodas, at least switch to diet sodas. But best is water.
I hope I could help you a little bid. My baby is still little so I can put her in the stroller and go.
take care and stay motivated. It really feels good, when you finally can buy a size smaller pants.....LOL
Sarah

meho2033

Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 08:20 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah
Thanks for the tips. During the warmer months I usually do take walks either with my son or after he goes to bed a friend and I might walk "kid-free" lol. I can't ask my family to watch him while I exercise because we all live together and they have him while I work and it's just too much to keep imposing. I have a few videos "sweating to the oldies and tia bo". But I just have such a hard time finding the motivation to do these day after day by myself. I did do good on my diet yesterday so I am pretty proud of that.
Thanks,
Michelle

Sarah

Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 09:57 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Michelle

I know what you mean about staying motivated, the hardest time is the first couple of weeks.
But when you get in your clothes and there are too big, it feels so good. that what kept me motivated. Also do not buy any Junk food, if you don't have it in the house you won't eat it.
And do not go groceries shopping on an empty stomach. make sure you are always full.
I used to do that all the time. And bought candy and chips and all kinds of junk. I do not like the exercise tapes. Find something you like. I hate going to the Gym it always seams like " i have to go" I also don't have the time. But, like I wrote in the text from Nov 24 I Rollerblade with my daughter in the stroller. Its so much fun.
well stay motivated and let me know how you doing
sarah

Kristine

Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 09:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good for you Meho, sounds like you are starting off on the right foot. I have finally started to drop some weight. After really trying to stick to some sort of diet and exercise routine. It has been really hard with the two kids. I find that the Tae-bo, which is what I use, after a few times gets so much easier to use and you begin to feel much more powerful which makes you want to keep doing it. I just use the 20 minute basic video right now. With still nursing the baby and the two year old I find that is all the time I have. Try to keep up with it. I know how hard it can be to do alone. If it makes you feel any better you can know that all of us are trying to get our butts up once a day to do it to and we are able to do that because we know there are other moms out there just like us. Keep trying and you will find it gets easier. The weight just has to come off then. Good luck to you and all the other mothers who have decided to use this posting as a motivation to keep trying.
~Kristine

james

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 05:17 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need some info on a web site that has good and effective weight loss products. I also need some vitamins.

Heather

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 05:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone!
I just somehow stumbled on this place and THANK GOD i did! I have sooo much in common with all of you here. here is a little about myself. I am a 26year old mother of 2 a girl 4 1/2 and a boy 3 months. I am 5ft 8 in and gained ALOT of weight with my first pregnancy but seemed to lose it all pretty fast with diet and exercise. this time i had gaind too much too in my oppinion. everyone else says i didnt, but im the one who cant fit in any of my pre pregnancy clothes. anyway i have been dieting sence my son turned 2 months old and i have not lost any weight. i am a stay at home mother too and i try to walk when my husband gets home to watch the kids but sometimes he dosent get home till dark and im not comfortable walking after dark. i just read an article on how to lose weight while drinking water and today i have drank 5 classes about today. i am open to any advice so please write me. ps i weight train too and need some advice on tonning up thighs. God bless! Heather

Jen

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a great site!! Glad that I found it. I have been battling a weight problem for 6 years. I have two children, 6 and 4. I lost all but 10 lbs of my "baby fat" with my daughter, but then I got pregnant with my son, and gained again. Problem was I didn't lose much of it. I actually passed my pregnancy weight and hit 205 about 3 years ago. A very depressing time for me. I am 5'5 and very small built. I have been slender and in shape all my life,up until about 6 years ago. I lost 35 lbs after finding out I weighed 205 by walking and watching what I eat. But I am now back up to 187 and trying to lose weight. I joined Weight Watchers and lost 12lbs back in October, but then my grandmother died, and I have gained back all my 12 lbs. I am walking but it isn't helping. I eat better now than I ever have and still can't lose the weight. My problem seems to be motivation. I also seem to eat when I am down in the dumps and really stressed out. Not normal day stuff, mind you but major things. I am a stay at home so the food is right there. Any suggestions on how to get motivated and stay motivated???? One problem I do have is I don't like to drink much water. After drinking 2 8ounce glasses, I feel like I am drowning.....

kimberly

Posted on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 08:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just wondered if those of you taking the Depo shots for birth control think that it is contributing to not losing weight. I have a 7 month old and had been taking the Depo for six months. I lost 55 lbs. after the birth but hit a stand still suddenly. I cannot seem to lose weight but do not seem to be gaining too rapidly either. I just stopped taking the shots and am now trying the birth control patch. Hope this makes a difference for me. I am of the opinion that it contributes to weight problems. What do you think?

Hopeless (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 02:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI all.
I am a mother of 2 great kids. One is 6 and the other is 16 months. Ok heres the thing. I am only 4'11 and weigh 190 man do I HATE IT. I was always a little bigger than I'm supposed to be but after my son I have been BIG I wear a size 18 pants now and when I got married 7 years ago I was wearing a 14 I know thats still big but it was better than this. I've tried dieting on my own but we don't have the money for any type of dieting pill or supplements and the gyms all cost too much for us. I would love to be able to go out jogging and such but the neighborhood isn't great you know. My husband works midnights and sleeps most of the day and when he is home he sits on his butt and does nada. Believe it or not he is only 150 and is 5'8 he is sooo skinny it makes me mad. But I think my weight problem is getting in the way of my life and could use some advice on what to do. I don't go out nowhere and basically my husband and kids are my best friends. I'm a house mom through and through I guess. I don't even know why I eat sometimes I don't even feel hungry but get bored and voila I'm stuffing myself. If anyone out there has any advice for a stuck mom please help I can use it.

Amy Renee (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 05:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi , Im A mom of a 6 year old ,that I home school.
I am 5'5 and weigh 185, the same since I gave Birth . I would not say that I am Dieting right now im just changing my habits. Ive never ate breakfast so now im forcing my self too.. Any way the way im going about this has given me a ton of energy , ( my Husband Loves it )..:-) So Here is what im doing and it seems to be working.. As soon as I wake up I eat a HUGE breakfast ( A bowl
of high fiber cereal with skim milk , A banana ,
2 slices of reduced wheat bread , a boiled egg white , And a fat free yogart. An hour or so later i eat a cup of grapes even though im not hungry , then for lunch i eat what ever my son is eating , Raviolies , Speggetti , Chicken sandwich ,baked fries , but only a serving size and i practicly have to force it down because im not hungry, and hour or so later i eat a cup of strawberrys or a apple or a cup of soup . Its such a hard Job to force myself to eat again...haha...when dinner comes i only eat a portion size of what ever i cooked , im staying away as much as possible from fried foods . Im drinking as much water as I can stand , but I do give myself a Diet caffene free coke a day and 4 fortune cookies as my desert ( their fat free and low in calories..hehe...)Any way after I send my child and husband to bed I Jump on the Gazzelle (by Tony Little , its a cool machine) for 45 min. While I watch Tv , its actually stimulating cause once i get going I dont want to stop..then I do Floor exercises for 15 Min. Then If I still Feel Frisky I punch on Slam Man (Punching Bag that looks like a man)..Then I settle down to read or play on the Computer.. Now this is working very well for me , Im just having to keep up my determination to lose weight..I Hope this will Help someone , Just remember To lose weight you have to commit youself fully, thats what im
trying to do every day and I also quit smoking the day i started this On Jan 2 2003 wish me luck...And wish all of you luck with this brand new year...

Amy Renee (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 05:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi , Im A mom of a 6 year old ,that I home school.
I am 5'5 and weigh 185, the same since I gave Birth . I would not say that I am Dieting right now im just changing my habits. Ive never ate breakfast so now im forcing my self too.. Any way the way im going about this has given me a ton of energy , ( my Husband Loves it )..:-) So Here is what im doing and it seems to be working.. As soon as I wake up I eat a HUGE breakfast ( A bowl
of high fiber cereal with skim milk , A banana ,
2 slices of reduced wheat bread , a boiled egg white , And a fat free yogart. An hour or so later i eat a cup of grapes even though im not hungry , then for lunch i eat what ever my son is eating , Raviolies , Speggetti , Chicken sandwich ,baked fries , but only a serving size and i practicly have to force it down because im not hungry, and hour or so later i eat a cup of strawberrys or a apple or a cup of soup . Its such a hard Job to force myself to eat again...haha...when dinner comes i only eat a portion size of what ever i cooked , im staying away as much as possible from fried foods . Im drinking as much water as I can stand , but I do give myself a Diet caffene free coke a day and 4 fortune cookies as my desert ( their fat free and low in calories..hehe...)Any way after I send my child and husband to bed I Jump on the Gazzelle (by Tony Little , its a cool machine) for 45 min. While I watch Tv , its actually stimulating cause once i get going I dont want to stop..then I do Floor exercises for 15 Min. Then If I still Feel Frisky I punch on Slam Man (Punching Bag that looks like a man)..Then I settle down to read or play on the Computer.. Now this is working very well for me , Im just having to keep up my determination to lose weight..I Hope this will Help someone , Just remember To lose weight you have to commit youself fully, thats what im
trying to do every day and I also quit smoking the day i started this On Jan 2 2003 wish me luck...And wish all of you luck with this brand new year...

(Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 07:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Everyone Kristine again:
Well I have been loosing some weight 4 lbs so far. Not too bad figuring in Holidays and the million birthday parties we have been to. I have begun a new diet that I have found really easy to follow and I have never been hungry. Now I am not a DR so this is purely on opinion, but I had to find something that still let me eat and was easy to follow. I found it in Woman's Day magazine. You can also find additional information at www.womansday.com Basically it is a 1000 calorie, 1200 calorie (most recommended) and a 1400 calorie diet. But the great thing is that you don't have to count calories only portion size. It allows you a certian # of protiens, dairy, vegs, fruit, fat and starches. It is a low starch diet (which I found out giving up starches is just as hard as quiting smoking). It requires you to honestly journal your intake. I made up a chart for my fridge and just check off what I have eaten, this way I know what I have alloted for the rest of the day. Or if I know what I am going to have for supper I check those portions first and figure out what I can have for breakfast and dinner. I have not been hungry. And with still nursing I really thought that I would. It really increased the amount of protien that I consume and they say protien is what makes you feel full. I am found no decrease in energy perhaps maybe a little bit of an increase. I just thought that I would share, because it is nice to know you can sit with the kids and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich with a milk and cookie dessert and know you didn't completly blow it you just have to adjust for your other meals. Good luck to you all and it so nice to know we are all in the same boat and it is "NOT" sinking. Take care
~Kristine

Maria (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 01:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi every body I'm new in here and I've been reading all your text messages, I'm 19 years old and have a 9 month old baby boy,I was overweight since I was 11 years old, I weighed 189lbs and weared a size 18 when I was 14 years old.I would get on a diet but i would always fail,then suddenly I started losing a little bit of weight
( I guess it was because i was growing up) I would always go with my boyfriend fishing and we would walk in a trail in the woods,so that probably helped me too.by the time i was 17 years old I weighed 144lbs and was fitting into a size 11, i don't know how it happened it just did.But then I got pregnant at 17,and had my baby , my weight changed completely after i had the baby i weighed 179lbs,and on Jan 12, when I was starting my diet and exercise I weighed myself and I weighed 186lbs, I couldn't believe it, I knew I had to do something about it,I quit smoking,i don't eat any sweets or greasy foods,I also have a gazelle I work out every morning on it for 25 min, and then I do a little bit of weights exercise for about ten minutes, and different kinds of crunches and situps for 15 minutes, and sometimes i walk in the evening outside for 15-25 minutes,and on my rest days i eat a little of a cookie just to calm temptations and a slice of pizza,but no more than that.then i start on my diet again, so each week I pick a day to eat whatever i want but a little amount.Now I weigh 177lbs,I lost 9 lbs in 25 days and I'm gonna keep on trying and I know you can do it too.Does any body have any exercising tips I could add to my work outs??

wannabethinmommy (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a great forum for mothers trying to lose weight. I am a 26 year old mother of two childern a four year old and an 18 month old. I never really had a weight problem. When I was nine months pregant with my first I was 140 pounds. I went down to 105 effortlessly a couple months after giving birth but of course after my second one it has not been so easy, I am 5'4 at 131 pounds and though that may be an ideal weight for most it is not at all for me. I am carrying all of this extra weight right around my stomach. I have been doing the firm tapes and they've been working I've lost about 5 pounds in three weeks. But my problem is I have a hard time controling my cravings for fast food. Any advice?

coleenhanna (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, you women are motivated. I am 47 yrs., no biological children, a grandchild on the way (I can't wait!). I was diagnosed with an eating disorder and told that if I followed doc's plan I would lose about 7 pounds (no more). I was 144 pounds at the time. Well, to make a long story short, not only did I NOT lose the weight, I GAINED 10 pounds. Now I am really stuck. I still have the eating disorder, and weigh 154 pounds! The good news is I saw myself in the mirror at work today and thought, "At least I'm well proportioned." It does help to think good thoughts about yourself. I ordered a book by Dr. Fuhrman which I think will help. I'll let you know how I do with it......
Thanks for your advice.
Coleen

kcmommie (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 01:32 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, thanks for putting all your information out here. I started reading and immediately felt right at home! I am 31 and have 2 children, one 2 1/2 and a 4 month old. I am 5'5" at 200 even. I'm very anxious to start loosing. I would love to cultivate a friendship with someone in my same situation.
Thanks again for your sharing, it made me feel just a bit better.

Stephanine (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 02:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Pinch Test for Aging

Like to know if you are aging too fast? Like to know if you are “caramelizing” from too many dietary abuses of sugar? There is a “Pinch Test” that you can use to judge for yourself.

Start by putting your left hand flat on a table. Then move your arm up so that your wrist makes a right angle— arm goes vertical and hand is horizontal. Now pinch some of the skin on the back of the hand. If it snaps back briskly, you are in good shape. (Try it on a child to compare “snap back.”) If the skin is slow and moves like goo, you are aging— you are oxidizing from free radicals. This damage must be stopped. If it isn’t, you will be stiff-shouldered and crooked-backed in near time.

Amy (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 06:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI;
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good ways to work diet and exercise around a third shift schedule. I'm a mother of four and am sick of carring around my last born pregnancy weight, she is now seven. Eating healthy meals isn't the problem, but getting in five is. I sleep from 7:30 am to 4pm and miss out on cardio most of the time, I had begun weight training with my partner, but I have low energy levels and because of the shift I work,I'm feeling like I don't get in enough sleep, Although I sleep all day. I get two 20 min breaks at work in the eight hours, so what ever I eat has to be simple. I try not to eat any carbs before I go to sleep when I get home, but some mornings I am so hungary, and I don't know what would be the proper thing to eat.
I feel helpless from time to time, because I try to squeeze in the cardio, but with my life taking the extra 20-30 mins seems impossible, there for I am having problems with losing in my stomach area, the most. I'm toning up in the arms and legs, but look like I'm 6 months pregnant, and I do abs. Any suggetions??? Much appreciated.

Eula (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 11:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys, I've never used one of these things before. Well I too am a young mother. I am 26 and have three kids. I hate the way I look. I am 5'2 and weigh 145. My friend always tells me I look fine. But my weight before I had kids was 110. So to me I am way over weight. Any suggestions? I have cut my calories to 800to1000 per day. I do tae-bo five days a week and I ordered an exercise ball and video. It just seems like it is taking forever to get that stored fat to go away. anyone have any tips on boosting my metabolism? Any advice I would love to have. Good luck to all of you!

Kristine (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 07:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Amy: I am trying the Windsor Pilates videos. It is mainly for abs but also works legs and butt. I find the 20 minute video very relaxing (alot like yoga) so I do it about an hour before I got to bed. Kids also like to watch me do it. Sometimes the 2 year old even joins in. It works on long muscles so it doesn't create bulk just toning.
Eula: Careful with dropping you calories too low. IF your body thinks that it is starving (Which with an intake of only 800 calories it will) you will start to put on fat stores instead of using up your calories for energy. The body takes care of it self first. YOu only have to use 500 calories per day more than what you take in. 3500 calories = one pound of fat. therefore 7 days with 500 extra calories burned = 1 pound loss per week. You can't forget you require usually 1500 calories a day just for regular function. Really do some research before you continue on such a low cal diet. You may find it back fires if your body goes into starvation mode.
Good luck ~Kristine

beverly

Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 10:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, everyone, My name is Beverly, mother of three. I was always a -what do they call it "big boned person" in school. After the birth of my third child I gained about 60 lbs. I balloned to a size 24. (I was in a size 16) I have actually tried every diet out there and I was still over weight. I recently tried Weight Watcher and I have lost 30lbs since January 2003. In addition to the weight watchers program I began to walk between 3 to 5 miles aday and drink about a two gallons of water aday. My goal is to be in a size 14 by my birthday in June. My husband has challenged me to lose the fat. If I able to get into a 14 on my birthday, we will take a trip to Atlanta for my B-Day gift. It has been a hard battle, but I am determined to get rid of the unwanted fat. I will let you know how Atlanta was when I get back!!!!!!!

angie cantrell

Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 01:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi I'm a 21 year old mother of 2 and raising my two step kids as my own for almost three years now. I'm 5'2 and weigh 163. I have always been overweight most of my life but after I graduated and went to work full time I dropped down to between 135 to 140. I've been trying to diet and I'll lose 5 to 10 lbs and then gain it back plus some. This past august I had a miscarriage and within the next six months I gained over 15 lbs. I joined curves for women but have been unable to attend for almost a month now so try to do The Firm home video but with so many kids around including the ones I babysit it's almost impossible to do. I also have some exercise equipment but I have no inspiration to do this by myself. My husband wants me to lose weight but doesn't give me the support I need. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on what I could do to lose weight and tone up. If I can lose the weight I get any bathing suit I want for our summer vacation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie Lee Dunlop

Posted on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 03:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,
What a great little forum!!I am 20 years old and just had a baby girl ,7 weeks ago.I weighed 135 ibs when I first became pregnant, and gained 60 pounds during pregnancy.I weighed 195 on the day I gave birth and now only 7 weeks later weigh in at 155.I walk every morning,then I come home and do cindy crawfords A New Dimension(which by the way is great if you want to get back into shape)and then on the odd day ,Ill do taebo after .the cindy videoMy eating habits have completley changed.I drink only water,eat healthy carbs and only Chicken.My problem is that I am 5'6 and 155ibs, I feel really heavy.However ,I do have way more energy and motivation.I guess my advice to myself and everyone is have patience, and when you do feel discouraged ,just look at your beautiful child!!!!Also some advice to Angie,Girl,once you start exercising ,you wont want to stop.Trust me ,now that I have started ,I never want to miss a day.Doing workouts at home are the most convienent for me. Why dont you make use of your tapes and equipment? and try taking all the kids for a walk!!goodluck.

Daniela Leimone

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 02:16 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm 24 years old, 5'5" and make the scale groan at 182 pounds. The only time in my life that I was this heavy was almost exactly a year ago, right BEFORE I gave birth to my daughter!

I've always been a bit heavier than most and have had to just accept that I'll never have a flat stomach (groan!) And I so want a flat stomach!! Whine!!!!

Like most women, my weight gain comes from eating the wrong thing and too much of it! I've been trying to loose weight since January of this year and my weight went from 180 down to 170. Now I'm up to 182 again!

I started working out at a gym last week (doing aerobics) and I could feel it's affects right away. My muscles felt all tight and sore and my body started metabolising faster. Problem with that is that I got hungry and ate more. I tried to eat better food, like fruit and yogurt. I figured that after 4 days of working out every day I should be able to see some kind of difference (maybe an ounce or two would even be nice!), but I didn't! No gain, but no loss either. Obviously I shouldn't have eaten so much on those days where I got all hungry after a good workout! My motivation for exercise is up, but now the problem I'm combatting are the hunger pangs! I'm still nursing my daughter so I have to eat right and I can't take any diet pills to help get rid of the weight or curb the appetite. I guess what I need are tips to help prevent myself from overeating after a good workout.

Kristine

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 07:50 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Daniela:
Alls I can say is water water water. If you are feeling hungry after a workout then have 8oz of water take about 30 minutes to drink it. If you are still hungry afterwards, try and figure how long it will be until your next meal. IF it is less than 2 hours try and tough it out, IF it is more then snack your body is obviously needing the extra calories. Remember too if you are adding muscle you are going to add pounds until your muscle starts to burn the fat. You need to keep you caloric intake up at 1500 calories for nursing, in order to keep up supply anyway. Try to find a program that helps you figure out calorie intake per day and calorie out put per day and you may find that you are right on track. Try to stay off the scale too. Measurements is what you want to look at especially if you are working out. Quick reference is 1" loss from meausurement around belly button is equal to 3 lbs body fat. Even if you don't see it on the scale I think you will soon see it on the measuring tape. Good luck to you and keep at it.
~Kristine
PS have been able to go from 171lbs in January to 149lbs today. Not a quick loss but hopefully one I can continue on and not gain back. Just remeber with summer coming up how much easier it is going to be for all of us to shed these extra pounds. Just keep trying and looking for support where ever you can find it.

Nancy Shippey

Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 10:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is facinating! I really do feel alone in my weight struggle. Hate to say I'm glad there are others out there. I'm 34 and have an 18 month old. I gained 40-50 lbs during my pregnancy (not quite sure since I wouldn't look at the scale in the Dr.'s office-probably should have) Anyway, tried the Atkins Diet several years ago and it worked magically. However, it's not working at all now! Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe pregnancy screwed up my matabolism or something.

tiffany

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 09:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

have any of you heard of the cabbage soup diet? i tried it for 7 days and lost 10 pounds I need to lose thirty pounds so I need another way to lose the other 20 because i dont think i can eat cabbage soup for another day

Michelle Landess

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 03:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a mother of three with a husband and a nearly full time job. I've lost 10 to 13 pounds depending on the day. I'm still looking to lose another 15 pounds or so and seem to be stuck. My enthusiasm has shrunk some and I don't work out quite as much. I need some pushing, if you know what I mean. I do really well for awhile and then I lose intrest. I have a treadmill and a bowflex. I love them both. I work second shift in a restaurant and I don't always have the energy the next day to work out. Any suggestions? I could really use some help!!

dana w

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 02:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello everyone, i really enjoy all the posts. i am a married 22 yr old mother of 2 beautiful and precious kids, ages 4 and 1. my problem is that i have been working out for over a month now, 6 days a wk. usually 45 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. i am 154 pounds, trying to lose about 35 pounds and nothing is happening. well, i shouldn't say nothing. my legs and arms are becoming more toned but my weight has stayed the exact same. i have been watching what i eat as well although the personal trainer had me on a high carb low fat diet. any suggestions?

ronnie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody! My name is Ronnie and I'm 30 yrs. old,5"9,242 lbs. I have 2 children ages 3 & 1. I work full time in the mornings, and as soon as I get home, my husband is off to work full time. Luckily my husband does everything I do with housework and parenting. I am just so tired when I come home from work. I was just diagnosed with diabetes and I need to really take my health seriously. My problem is that I am a binge emotional eater. I'm lonely and sometimes bored because I miss my husband, also I allow my kids to stress me out, because I'm so tired. I want to follow a lower carb diet because I notice when I eat a normal serving of carbs, my blood sugar spikes. I also need to eat serving sizes which is very hard for me to do,because I'm addicted to food. Even now with my health issues(did I also mention that my cholesterol is 244?), I eat some sort of fattening junk food everyday, like cakes, pies, caramel corn. Or/and I'll have too much food, like 3 or 4 servings. I feel myself getting full early on, but I ontinue to eat. I've even eaten so much that food has come up in the middle of the night. Please someone who can relate, please respond and tell me what you think will work. I am desperate and I want to do this finally

Jessica Sullivan
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Dana, I too am a young mother(21) of 2 ages 1 and 2. I have about 50-60 lbs to lose from gaining a lot of weight during pregnancy. I have been on slim fast for almost 3 months and lost 20 lbs. I did cardio everyday for 30 minutes, but then I just got lazy and slowly slipped into my old habbits.Just don't look at the scale too often (maybe once a month), it's not what the scale says, it's how you look and feel. Try getting a pair of pants that are a size smaller than what you wear and you'll start noticing that the pants are fitting you better each day. Good luck.

Take care, Jessica

tai
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 02:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, everyone. I am a 19 year old mother of one. I have always struggled with my weight. I am naturally large framed, and quite lazy when it comes to exercise and can't help but eat sweets, so when I was pregnant I went from 135 ibs to 185 ibs (I'm 5 feet, 5 inches). I went down to 160 ibs in a few months, but have since then gained much weight. The last time I looked (a year ago) I was 175 ibs. I'm scared to weigh myself now!
I know I need to eat more veggies and less junk, and I need to exercise on a regular basis, but, without an excersise partner, I just never feel motivated to exercise and I always indulge in junk food. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get myself more motivated to do what I know I should? Any "e-mail weight loss & exercise partners" would be great. Thank you so much!

Aieshea L
Username: lashun77

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 03:38 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dana,

Remember muscle weighs more than fat. Also, what are you eating? You may need to increase your water and increase fruits and vegetables.

LaRae skelton
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 05:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi you all

I am a mommy of 2! I just had my son 3months ago and have a 3 1/2 yr old. Boy my life is busy!
I have lost 30 pounds and have 10 more to go to get to my pre-pregnancy wieght. I just really want to say I don't workout(except for walking) and i don't watch meals becuase I nurse and dont diet but I do drink about 100-125 ounces of water a day and take a awesome supplement called Advocare gives sooooo much energy its great. It helped me with my first pregnancy to get to a size 6 without much work and with this one it is working again with just sooo much energy to be able to handle my 2 little ones

millie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 01:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi im a mother of three boys. My height is 4'8" and my weight is 180 lbs. i desperatly want to loose weight i have a huge belly and my selfesteem is very low. i am only 33 i used a lot of products but nothing helps me my energy is very low. can somebody help me?

Annette Jackson
Username: annette

Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 10:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,found this forum by mistake looking for a miracle on the internet. I am a student and a mother of 3. I am 35 and I weigh in at 210. I started working out on Nov. 3 and I have been going everyday until yesterday Nov. 7. I do planned to go today. I have been struggling with my weight off and on as long as I can remember. I will lose the weight and then put back on. I don't go anywhere because I am afraid to run into somebody that I knew when I was smaller. I haven't worked in about six months and I have been going to school since August. I don't mind going there because it is in another county. I didn't go to any of my son's football game because I didn't want anyone to see how much weight I have gained. He thought that I stayed because of the homework. But I know the real reason behind it. So now he is playing basketball and I want to be there for him. So I am trying to lose the weight so I can feel better about myself and be able to go out and enjoy the rest of my life. I haven't seen any recent entries so I hope that this wonderful support system hasn't stopped because I would love to become apart of it. Wish me luck because you ladies know how tough it is.

Astra Coates
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 05:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, i'm 26yr old stay home mother of 2 7yrs old son and 8 month old daughter at 4'11" I weigh 190pds. After I had my daughter I had some life threating issues, but in the process lost 30pds. and over the 8months I've seemed to gain back 20pds of it. I feel very depressed about my weight to the point sometimes I don't even want to leave the house. I tried exercising to video tapes, but it seems I can't stay motaivated for more than a week. I'm very proud of you moms who are losing the pounds and reading some of your stories is giving me hope so wish me luck and good luck to you all.

chubby-mommy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 02:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, i'm 23 and weigh 190lbs...i have a 3 yr old daughter...right before i had her i weighed 223lbs...that was 3yrs ago...i haven't lost anything its depressing - it hits me even harder in the summer...i would love to wear nice tank tops without all my rolls showing...or even low rise jeans without the fat hanging out the sides....i don't know what to do anymore....the tapes don't help...i'm exactly like astra coates....motivated for one week...any suggestions....good luck everyone....hope u guys win the "fat"battle

Emma
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 02:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have a 4 year old and a two year old and with both of them I have done exercise that involves them. I brought a bike seat when my first was 1 year old and both of them have loved being on it, and it has given me no exuces to not exercise, I just cycle to places as much as possible! Walking really helps to, especially pushing a stroller uphills!! Being outdoors is much better motervation than going to a gym i think. I'm smaller these days than before I had Kids!!

Sharon Albrecht
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 02:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all you young mothers! This is a grandma speaking from years and years of going through what you are all going through! Finally found the answer and it could help you to not go through about 30 more years of this yo-yo life style. The answer is get this (prayer!) So-o-o easy, like breathing! Ask the Lord to help you see your body as your "friend", you wouldn't over work a friend, or starve a friend, or make a friend take all sorts of yucky stuff, or be deprived would you? Not me, I'm a better friend than that! Ask Him to help you to return your "friend" to it's original state full of energy and balanced. Stop beating up your friend and enjoy the life God has given you! Wouldn't you want a friend to be healthy, vibrant and strong? Please don't wait and suffer all your life with someting that you can have now! Keep asking daily, get your mind off the diets and to Him. Yippppeee!Let's all be free!

telling it straight
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 02:44 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I feel your pain ladies. I am 24 and I have a 20 month old. I weigh 150 and am 20 lbs from my goal, but I started at 210. To lose weight, you have to want to, I mean really really be fed up and push yourself, because nobody can do that for you. Lose it slow. If you lose fast you will gain it back. Speed up your metabolism. 5 meals a day at about 200-300 calories each but never drop below 1200 calories a day or your body will just store fat. Water is key. Drink one 16oz glass of water after each meal. Pilates is great for toning but can be hard for someone who carries their weight in their stomach. The Gazelle is an awesome cardio workout 20 min a day is ideal and it is really easy. If you are just beginning try 5 min the first day and raise it a couple of min each day as you feel comfortable. I go 45 min now 3 days a week and do pilates 2 days just to tone. Being busy is only an excuse you are feeding yourself to make you feel better about failing. Get up 30 min earlier or go to bed 30min later. Kids take naps so use that time wisely. But leave room for setbacks. Don't beat yourself up if you miss a workout or splurge on a piece of cake. Most of all push yourself through the plateaus. This is the hardest part. But if you give up on yourself then you can only blame yourself. Make yourself a priority. Elmocize is a great kid video you can do with your kids or dance along with the wiggles. I don't mean to sound harsh, but sometimes you really have to have it put to you straight. I finally told myself I was sick of being overweight and I didn't want to set that example for my daughter as she got older. 1 in every 2 people in this country is overweight and that is a huge problem. I know it is hard but you can do it. Tell yourself you can do it and that you are worth it. Don't do it for your husband or anyone else do it for yourself. If you want it you can accomplish it. One more critical thing keep a food diary and measure portions! So important. Sorry for being long winded. Oh and take your vitamins ladies. Good luck. I'm not there yet but I can do it. Be positive.

Stacey
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 11:25 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I'm a 5ft 2" 21 year old mother of a 22 month old child. My weight has always been a problem for me.I had finally made it down to 135 lbs then found out I was Pregnant at 3 months along. I gained 30 lbs before my baby was born and about 85 lbs afterword. Now I weigh in at a very depressing 220 lbs. It is hard to get outside and walk because I live in Michigan and it is still very cold here. It seem like no matter what I do, the weight always comes back. My aultimate goal is to weigh 109 lbs. I NEED SOME HELP!!!!

Stacey
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 11:26 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I'm a 5ft 2" 21 year old mother of a 22 month old child. My weight has always been a problem for me.I had finally made it down to 135 lbs then found out I was Pregnant at 3 months along. I gained 30 lbs before my baby was born and about 85 lbs afterword. Now I weigh in at a very depressing 220 lbs. It is hard to get outside and walk because I live in Michigan and it is still very cold here. It seems like no matter what I do, the weight always comes back. My aultimate goal is to weigh 109 lbs. I NEED SOME HELP!!!!

strugglintolose150
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my name is tiffany and im an 18 yo. single working mom.while pregnant i went from 138 to a whopping 271.I guess that was due to my 2 and a half month bedrest and cravings!my daughter is 7 months old and i am now at 260. i feel disgusted and I've been trying to lose weight, to no avail. i feel as though Im gaining. I have tried every exercise in the book and I just keep gaining!!! Now what??any suggestions, email me @ jd82804@aol.com

to big 4 any1
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 07:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am a mother of one i weigh 158.5 pounds and i am only 4'11 inches i do not want to take pills or things like that. i want to lose 35 pounds in just 9weeks can anyone help me please?

viola carlyle
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 04:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi everyone i have a question i was 400 lbs just four yrs ago i have dropped to 240 . even though i realize that is a great feat . i have not been able to drop anymore no matter what i have tried i just cant do it and i desperitaly want to can anyone help?

deniese gant
Username: msag33

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 01:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello,everyone ,im 33 and a mother of 3 children,im wanted to lose 50lbs,but at least 30lbs by august,my abs are my biggest problem.im in the market of buying me a treadmill,but what diet pills i can purchase that can help me out.have anyone tryed abgone or cortslim diet pills.please help me,also im not a big eater either.

Jamye Brand
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 03:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I am 24 yrs old and the mother of a 3 yr old little girl. I am about 5'10" and weigh a little over 200lbs. I am so desperate to lose weight. I weigh 30lbs more than what I weighed the day I had my daughter. I look at myself and I just get so depressed. I have no energy. Can someone please help me? Anyone? I will do anything to lose weight. I have considered not eating all together but I don't even have the will-power for that. I get so out of control with my eating. I try to tell myself no but it just doesn't work. The more I try to tell myself no, the more another part of me is saying "I gotta have it." I am begging. If there is anyone out there who can help me, please let me know. I am desperate.

carmen
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi im 16........from reading all the posts everyone is blaming the kids when kyour pregnant you need to eat right and workout and stay in shap not eat all day and think well im pregnant and i need to eat and make lots of excuses to lay around and be lazy, anyway i have a 9 month old and i gained 50! im 16 and normally i weighed 90lbs and i gained i gained a lot and i was only 5 months so i started changing my eating habbits and walked everyday did little workouts everyday and after that i lost but it wasnt bad i didnt plan on loseing pounds but eating and working out did it for me and after i had my baby i lost it all in two weeks i was back to normal except my boobs i breast fed and i was normally a b cup and grew into a large d that was the only thing but anyway while you are pregnant eat right and workout dont over do it and even after you have kids eat right and workout do it willing ya know

shawla allen
Username: shawla

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 10:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would love a partner to help me out. I am 20 and a mother of a six month old. If anyone would like to be my partner email me. I would like to lose atleast 40 pounds, 50 pounds would be great!!

shawla allen
Username: shawla

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 10:32 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

also, what type of vitamins should i take???
I am 5'6 and 171 pounds.

Anna Marie Menendez
Username: sunny

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 02:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eating complex carbohydates increases the amount of the amino acid tryptophane, that in turn increases the amount of serotonin your brain makes, which calms down stress relaxes you and makes you feel good. I'd be afraid to ax all my carbs. What about depression and a felling of being burned out? There are more natural ways of losing weight, like good, old-fashioned exercise! Besides, if a person cannot shave off pounds no matter what, they should check their thyroid. Their metabolism is off which might indicate a low thyroid function. I have found out that my weight problem has to do with a low thyroid function. I am working on it. I am also REBOUNDING which stimulates the metabolism and helps you burn calories.

IngridPeters
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 11:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone! I've just found this board and it sounds like everyone has the same problems! I'm 32 and have 3 children. I've actually lost a lot of weight so far (about 30 pounds) but am still working on it. This is what I'm doing and it is working:

trying to eat mostly whole foods. Nothing processed. (well.... almost nothing...)

drinking as much water as I can - usually around 40 oz. a day

walking/jogging - I try to do 3 - 4 times a week but sometimes only twice

jumping rope - I like this very much . It's hard, but I don't do it for very long. It's not as high impact as you migh think, and not so bad if you put on some good music. Plus a good jumprope is about $9 so the price is right.

I also have been taking a weight loss supplement that I think really works. it's completely natural and non-stimulant so I feel good about taking it.
I actually became a distributor for this product because I liked it so much. I don't want to sound like a commercial, but if anyone wants more info on that, please let me know!

Good luck everyone!

Ingrid

Becky Collins
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, my name is Becky. I am a 30 year old stay at home mom. I now weigh 213 lbs. This is the first time in my life that I have ever weighed over 200 lbs. My average weight used to be around 165-170 lbs. But ever since I decided to stay at home with my 4 children, which was about a year ago. I have put on all this weight. And now being 30 years old it seems like it is so much harder to get it off. The more determined I am and the harder I try it seems like the more weight I gain. I am on the go alot with the kids' sports and activities, so it's hard to follow a strict diet. I really don't know what to do. I think if maybe I had someone who I could relate to, and diet with, I might be a little more motivated to reach my goal weight of 150 lbs. Or at this point I'd settle for 180 lbs. If any one is interested in teaming up with me to lose weight together, just email me.

Barry
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 11:13 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For all of you..I would suggest changing your life...do not just go on diets. Diets per say do not work long term.

I may be a guy but I am a compulsive eater. I can control myself when it comes to not buying junk food, but if it is already in the house I will probably eat it. It does not help that my wife weighs a whooping 108lbs and eats all she wants and does the shopping.....I hate her for that (j/k) ;-)

Anyway....for those of you like me I say just don't buy it. Make sure you have eaten before going to the grocery store, it will help with the urges to buy junk food. If it is not in the house you probably won't go out to get it when the urges hit. Also make your whole family suffer without junk food right along with you. It will be much better for them as well in the long run. That is step 1.

Step 2 I think is do not count calories. That may be good for a "Diet" but no one will continue counting them the rest of their lives. The key is to allow your body to tell you when you have had enough. Drink a full 8 oz glass of water right before you eat a meal, then eat it slowly. Your body will let you know it is full. Regardless of what your parents told you when you were younger YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAN YOUR PLATE. Also, along with your regular 3 meals a day, eat a light snack between them. This will help keep your metobolism more steady throughout the day. Don't forget to constantly drink water during the day as well.

vanessaCollete
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 01:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What all of you need to understand is its not just about being thin again its about your health in the long run. Remember don't just excersise when you are dieting do it always. Not only does it help you achieve your goal but it makes you feel great about yourself. Going to the gym gives you time to yourdelf and time to think. Just remember this its not what you lose but what you gain in the end.

diamond_31
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 09:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all. I am obviously new to this and noticed that there hasn't been a new posting from an overweight mommy in a long time. I am 5'8" tall and currently 168lbs. However, two years ago when I got pregnant with my first and only child I was 5'8" tall and 298pounds. I was 260lbs after I had her. Got a UTI, which spread to a kidney infection, which went into my blood stream and infected that, it nearly killed me. I was in the hospital for three weeks while I had the infection and lost an additional 30 lbs. Putting me at 230lbs. I got released from the hospital, still wasn't the healthiest but was able to walk without passing out. I started drinking lots and lots of water. I breastfed my daughter (while I was in the hospital I pumped out, so that I could continue BF when I got home to her. Thank goodness she easily went from breast to bottle, breastmilk to formula and back)until she was 8weeks old, when my health no longer allowed me to. Thank God, breastfeeding did help me lose weight. When I got put into the hospital, and was told I had to quit BF and had to have surgery, I was disappointed. However seeing 200 on the scale didn't make it so horrible. I have been overweight my whole entire life, middle school was extremely overweight, 9th grade was mildly overweight, and from there just shot up to 298 I felt awful, of course being taller though I never looked my full weight. Anyways, once I got home from the hospital, Again, I just kept drinking water and watching portions, I dropped 20 more lbs. to put me at 180. From there I just stuck for a while (which wasn't horrible in my eyes because I hadn't been 180 since 9th grade, but it isn't good enough.) I finally I got to 168lbs. where I am now. I am just stuck. However, as my doctor totally agrees with me, I am extremely unhealthy now, compared to my health at 298lbs. It isn't always about losing weight, it has to be about losing it in a gradual and healthy setting. My weight loss came off for no reason, the only thing I changed was drinking more water, that doesn't explain 130lbs. of weight loss. Now, I pass out for no reason (have a broken jaw bone and nose due to this) I am CONSTANTLY freezing. I will be the only idiot that is wearing jeans and a sweatshirt on an 80 degree day. And, I have heart damage from losing so much weight at such a rapid pass. So far the doctor's don't know exactly what is wrong they just know that they wont let me lose anymore weight and they have to find out why I have syncopee before something extremely serious happens. So my question is, now that everyone knows my story, does anyone know a safe and effective way to lose weight without becoming more ill? To all of you who want to lose weight, I totally understand, believe me I do. I still want and need to lose weight. When I weighed more I wore a 44DD bra, I have lost a 130lbs., breastfed and now I wear a very saggy 36C (if they are even that big) which lowers my self esteem even more. I would like my breasts to fit my body. Of course I also have all this horrible loose skin, I have no clue how to tighten it up, wish I has $10,000.00 would go get the skin removed and breast implants...lol. But that is unrealistic and only a short term solution. So if anyone has any ideas, I am all ears. Take care.

Kirsten from Maryland
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 03:20 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I stumbled across this website by accident and have spent the last 20 minutes reading all the postings.
I identify with each and every one of you out there struggling to lose weight after babies.
I am a 24 yr. old married mom of a 5 yr. old and an 18 mo. old.
Before I tell my story, I feel compelled to comment on the posting of the 16 yr old from June or July of this year.
How dare she trivialize what any of the rest of us are experiencing by detailing her experience as the norm.
I had my first child at 19 and the weight was much easier to lose then, than the next time at 23. The older you get...the harder it can sometimes be.
So sweetie, if you're reading this, check back with us all in 5 to 10 years, when you actually have some life experience.
Prior to my second child, I was forced to terminate a pregnancy in my fifth month due to it being partially molar. The 20 lbs. I'd gained were still there....even though I went to sleep pregnant...and woke up not. When I conceived my second child three months later, I was already 20 lbs. heavier than normal. I then preceded to have a high risk pregnancy where my activity was restricted. So 16 yr old....your answer to everything is exercise. What do you suggest when being lazy (bedrest) is exactly what the doctor orders? Perhaps you'll think next time before you speak on things which you know nothing of.
To the rest of you ladies, I am here with you at 182 lbs. and 5'6". I have joined a gym and am determined to get rid of this weight! Someone write back please....I too need a partner.

Kirsten

Q. Lacole
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 09:13 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK Mothers........ I am 23 years old, and my daughter is 15 months old..... I am 6'1 and my pre pregnanvy weight was 150 (which I am dieing to get back to....... But now i weigh 175, which is cool because I am sooo tall, but I'd still like to lose 10 pounds.... Anyway, do you guys have any info for making that tummy tighter....... Are there any home remedies out there? Or is surgery my only option, which right now is not an option at all!

Franca from Canada
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 05:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone,

This is my first time writing, I too found this website by accident.

Kirsten, I have to say I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm a 29 year old mother of one, and during my pregnancy my doctor ordered me to stop exercising. Before that I weighed 125 lbs at 5'1" and the only reason I was at that weight was because I exercised and ate a ton of chicken. Due to not exercising and giving in to every single one of my cravings I gained a whopping 75 lbs during my pregnancy.

It has taken me a year, but I'm now down to 138lbs. I'm desperately trying to lose the last 13lbs but my body just doesn't want to let go. I've now been struggling for 4 months to lose the last 13 lbs.

All of you mothers trying to lose weight; those of us who have been there know what it's like.

Cathy Carpenter
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 10:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just read that message from that 16 yr old!! That was a little rude!!! I am 28 I had my first at 21 my middle at 22 and lost nearly all the wight after her, but then I got pregnant with my third come out of the hospital 10 lbs heavier than i was before i got pregnant with him and now i am struggling to get down to that weight!! In the last 2 yrs i gainded over 25 lbs!! I started waking up when i weighed in at 163. I have very small bones and i am 5'7"(wrist barely messures 6 inches) I have lost down to 145, but i am aming for 125. I hit a platu and can not get it any futher. Like i said in my other post I look fine but its my belly fat that will not leave! I think I have 20 lbs of belly fat!!! lol I am so worried about this is cause most of my family has a weight problem, and my dad sies 2 wks after my last was born(2002) shortly after having triple bypass. He weight 310 at the time of his death! He had osstio athritist, diabetis,and in the past he had heart failure and a stroke! I already have beginng signs of the ostio Athritis at the age of 28, I already have boardline high blood pressure and Boardline high cholesterol! So I need to drop the weight asap To prevent myself from going down that same road! And If I would of been 16 when I had my first kid ya well Imight still be pretty close to my prepregnancy weight(110)
I know i have done good getting down to 145(at least i can wear my own clothes again!) But i just can not get that last 20 off!! So if budding up is a good motivaton thing maybe i need abuddy too!!! I am so scard of ending up like my parents, espeacially my dad that i think i have even tried the balemic rout, but that lasted no longet than a wk casue i though about my kids and how much they need me to be here and what could happen if it became addictive!! But most days i would love to bust every mirror in the house!! and rip up every picture of me and the way i use to look!! Its not that we blame our kids,cause we love them but we blame our bodies for what it has turned into from having kids due to the hormonal changes from pregnancy!!
I love my kids, would love to have more, but won't. not because of my weight but because i was gbs positive in my last pregnancy and was lucky my son turned out so healthy. alot more than not babies either become really ill or die from gbs!! but god spared my presious son!!
sorry i know i am babbling!! but i had to get my mind off what that girls said or i would of got realy mad!!
feel free to email me any time!! catcarp@nc.rr.com

Cathy Carpenter
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 11:54 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am fixing to be 29, I have 3 kids (7yrs,5yrs,2yrs old) I have dropped all the weight except in my tummy I can not get rid of that fat for the life of me!!!!! If anyone knows any tricks let me know!!! I exercise(jog, curnches , ab crunches, weight training) but the fat is still there!! If I deit anymore I will blow away to nothing, well except my tummy lol
any ideas? Oh and on one of the messages someone said they wee from Houston! I am from Pasadena but live in North Caroliona(husband is in the Air Force)

Heather Wyatt
Username: heatherw

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 08:42 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's my eating schedule... a little different than Robyn's, but just wanted to share.
I excercise 30 minutes before I eat breakfast

7:00 Coffee...no sugar..little skim milk

Between 8&9: Bowl of cereal with skim milk or bowl of instant oatmeal made with 1/2 cup skim milk

Maybe a banana or other fruit before lunch

12:00 I try to do protein for lunch, but pasta's are fine or a little tuna with light mayo, I really like Lean Gourmet frozen meals... 5 minutes to heat up and they're cheap and portion controlled...low in calories and fat!

Yogurt with lunch and a piece of fruit (favorites orange or apple watermelon in summer)

Glass of skim milk before dinner

Dinner I give myself some leanancy . eat a small portion and just try to cook healthier overall.

I do include milk in my diet 3 servings of fat free and take a multi vitamin supplement. I am back to my pre pregnency body and my daughter is 8 months old.

Tips you should really stick to: Diet soda...not regular...light butter or spray butter for veggies and potatoes .....for stuffing use chicken broth no butter...always use the lighter version of the something if they have it(Fat free is sometimes yucky.)

I also cheat on weekends to satisfy cravings...but still make it be a little healthier
Soda I'll have a C2 (half the calories and carbs...tastes better than diet.) Have light ice cream or sugar free cookies. I love ranch dressing only have it on weekends but choose the light version.

A few simple substitues in food can save up a lot of caloiries and fat!

laura medrano
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 12:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This post is for robyn if your out there. I got married about two years ago and soon after had a baby girl,which i am breastfeeding now. I am a stay at home mom. My husband is so controlling he will not let me work out at the gym,somthing I did every day before I met him. I feel I get so many benefits from the gym. any advice? thanks Laura

Kirsten from Maryland
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 11:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice to see more posts out here.
Just wanted to let you all know I did join the gym and managed to lose 7 pounds the 1st 2 weeks. I was stubborn and did not adjust my eating habits so imagine what I could have done with diet as well.
I am a little concerned for Laura. A controlling husband/ spouse can be detrimental in more ways than one. Have you tried talking to him to find out why he doesn't want you to go to the gym? Have you discussed the health benefits? Sounds to me like he's insecure with himself. I only say this because I have been the insecure person before. Takes one to know one sometimes. If you are a nursing stay at home mom(I did that for two years)you need some outlet. If the gym is absolutely out of the question, what about walking? I lived on a military base in California and used to walk to a library everyday.It was 3 miles away....a scenic 3 miles but 3 miles nevertheless. So once I went to the library and read a few books, chatted with the librarian and came back home....that was 6 miles in a day. The baby used to love it, plopped her in the stroller and went on. To make sure that I didn't overdo it during my walk (pace wise)...I would sing to my daughter while we walked. If I got too out of breath to sing, I'd slow down. If you have a 2yr old...perhaps she could sing with you.You have to do something for you. Is your husband fit? Perhaps you and he could go to the gym together? Believe me I know how men can be....you have to make them think it was all their idea!(SMILE)I am married to a United States Marine (7 yr. anniversary approaching) and I think GOD made them most stubborn of all Earth's creatures...Let me know what happens....wish you the absolute best.

Lonni Huling
Username: matoljl

Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 05:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Matol Diet. Lose weight with little effort, while eating delicious meals. The Matol diet will guide you and help you acheive your weight loss success..This plan works it is better then atkins and all of those other diet things. You can eat Puddings, cakes, pancakes, little exercise.. a few of us tried this and on an average we lost 30 lbs in about 5-6 weeks... i can tell you all about it if you want info.

cowlvrmichell
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 06:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I am 31 years old have a 12 year old and a two year old, and I weight 290 lbs. I find it hard to do alot with my children. I need to lose the weight but have RSD and need to find out if any one knows what type diets I could do without making me hurt more than I do now. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

laura medrano
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 01:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is for Kirsten from maryland. Thanks for your concern! I just joined an all ladie's gym and love it. My husband is excited for me to get back into shape without having guy's around to watch! Oh well, I'm so glad I don't have to worry about the weather to exersize. I have a question for you, since you say you breastfed your children. My daughter is six months, and I have to stop because I need to have a radiation cancer treatment done in the next few weeks. I have tried everything, she will not take any kind of formula or even breast milk from the bottle. I would appreciate any suggestions. You seem like a very sweet, caring person. best wishes to you! Thanks,laura

Patrina Womack
Username: patrina2001

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 11:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey ladies...My name is Patrina (Dallas Texas) I just have to say that this site is realy helpful when it comes to self esteem issues. From reading some of the entries I have decided to focus more on my health rather then being thin. I am 23 and 5'5". I weigh 160 (just lost 5 pounds) and I have two babies ages 2 and 1. I weighed 135 when I got married four years ago and then when I had my first child I weighed 200 pounds. I went from that to 150 then got preg again and am at my current of 160. I just want to lose at least 20 pounds.

We ( The ladies of this site ) should do something. I mean we are already supporting each other, but we keep repeating ourselves when we say anyone need a diet buddy ( I know I do). Lets think of a way we can all (if possible) do the weight lose thing together. Lets get on the same page and make loseing "fun".

Lets find out where everyone is from, how close some of us are. Maybe the ladies in the Maryland area can get together once a month, and the ladies in Jersey, and so on. How cool would that be. let me know what you girls think.

candy sue
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 01:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone, I have gone through and scanned your entries and it sounds like this is the right room for me I don't have a problem with sticking to a diet my problem is the exercise part I have a 4yr old and a 2yr old I am a stay at home mom we don't have enough money for me to join a gym or even the YMCA. My day pretty much consist of cleaning, chasing after the boys, walking the dog around the house at least every hour, more cleaning, cooking dinner, cleaning more, doing dishes, and getting to bed around 11p or 12 mid-night. Question is does this routine qualify as exercise or should I just give up?

petag21
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 04:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone,
I am a young mom of a beautiful 18 month old, and I cant say that it is because I got pregnant is the reason for me weighing so much. for most of my late teen, and adult life I have been over weight. I recently started weight watchers 3 weeks ago and already I have lost 8 pounds. I feel so good about myself, but it is hard work, and just reading all that everyone on this forum has to say has really motivated me. so good luck to everyone one their journey.

Ruby A
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 01:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone, I am a 23 yr. old mom of 2 gorgeous kids, both under the age of 3. Ever since I had my little girl last year I haven't been able to lose the weight I have been wanting to, due to some back problems I started having after I had the baby. I see my pictures from before I had her and after I had my little boy. I don't know how I was able to lose the weight so quick after, but for some reason even with exercising,chasing after the two of them and with all the responsibilities of being a stay at home mom, I can't seem to get back how I was before. Weighing in at 180 and been used to weighing around 140 it's kinda dragging if you know what I mean!?! If Anyone has some insight or can relate I would love to read about it. Hope to talk to you soon. Good Luck!

Pam Reeder
Username: midwestern_mom

Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 10:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone...I am new to this board. I am a wife to my husband of 13 years and mom to 4 wonderful and very busy kids, (13,11,6,3). I am 33 years old and overweight. I am 5"8 and weigh 231. When it comes to losing weight, I could probably write a book with all the information I know. I am sure you all think that too. I just need to apply that info. I guess I hoping there is someone out there that feels the same way and that maybe we can motivate and inspire each other. Maybe after we help each other lose weight, we can apply for a head to toe makeover with Oprah or something....LOL

Lenise Deberry
Username: boogaloo

Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 01:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! My story sounds really similar to yours, Kendal. I am a 26 year old female and the mother of 3
children, plus 3 step-children. They range in age from 18 months (my
baby), to 12 years old. When I had my son, seven years ago, I went left
the hospital weighing 204 pounds. It took me a while to get motivated,
but I eventually went down to 143 pounds. I stayed there for about two
years. Then I became pregnant with my youngest child. I went into the
hospital weighing 225 pounds. Big jump, huh!? Well, I have been
having the hardest time losing it since then. I did start walking at one
time and lost about thirty pounds. But now I am back up to 216 pounds.
On Sunday (April 3), my husband and I started the Idiot-proof diet. It
seems to be promising. I have been walking a little on the treadmill.
I weighed in at 219 Sunday morning, and now I am 216. I'm pretty sure
it is water weight, but at least I feel better. This is the most I
have weighed in my whole life and I really don't like it. It is hard
to stay motivated, though, since I am home with the children all the
time. I always sneak some chips here, some cookies there. It is hard
when you feel like the only person in the world that is going through it.
Every other overweight person I know either acts like it doesn't bother
them, or they never want to do anything about it. I am sick and tired
of feeling tired, and weak, and not wanting to go places with my family
because I am embarrassed about my weight. It is time to do something
about this, and I am hoping that we can help each other. Please respond
soon so that we can work out some sort of plan together.

Sincerely,

Lenise Deberry

Lynette A
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 10:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone this is my first time to this board and I am 33 years old with a 15year old son and a 12 year old daughter. I am currently 215 pounds I have lost 10 pounds so far I would like to be a size 14 by August. I was so encourage by all of you alls feed back. Robyn I really like the plan you have for the day. I wanted to ask you something about the strength train my thighs are so big and I do alot of thigh machines everyday but Sunday a set of 4 with a rep of 12 count how long should it take before I really see results?

marcia-miami
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Ladies, I am a 31 yr. old mom of 3 beautiful girls ages 16, 4 and 2. I gain a LOT on each pregnancy. 54 - 56 pounds, 40 - 43 pounds. I went almost back from 113lbs... to 120lbs. I've been going to the gym non-stop for 2 yrs 3 times a week, just doing cardio (spinning or aerobics). For maybe 2 months I started besides doing cardio, doing weight, I really want to tone (stop being a jello), but I gain 7 pounds? not only weight but inches (2 to 4 inches). I've been taking protein drinks (0 carbs) so I don't have reason to be gaining pounds and inches. PLEASE HELP? is this normal at the begining? or I am gaining weight because of the protein? HELP! Thank youuuuu!

Sandi Canning
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 15, 2005 - 07:53 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a 26 year old mother of 1, I lost 30 pounds last year and have managed to keep it off, I lost the weight with slim fast and walking 1 hour a day. I did this 5 days a week, sat. & sun. I did what ever I felt like. for me I found that If I could relax on the weekend it was easy to be good durning the week. I have maintained my weight loss with the weightwatchers points program. I found it didn't help me lose weight be is great for keeping healthy. I have decided to lose another 20 pounds, befor the summer, I have been at this weight for 6 months I have come this far why not finish it, and try for that last 20. wish me luck.

Ps slim fast worked for me... slimfast cuts out the wondering what to cook, I found i needed the plan already decided for me .... I felt it took less will power.

sandi

Dayanita
Username: tallgirl

Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 03:45 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all, I am 36 years old and just had my 3rd child. My second was born after 13 years..I was a size 8 with a 27 inch waist..at 5'8 - then, he is now 3- just had my 3rd child and she is 11 months, it was easier with my 3 yeard old to take at least 15-20 pounds off because I nursed! it was great! - now it just seem to go any where?-of course like (most women) my problem area is my stomach-thank god for genetics I have great legs no cellulite and if just loose the weight and not work out, my arm look like I have great muscle tone. Well for the last 5 months I have be following a "sorta" diet..sweets in moderation, (which is my biggest demon) and carb in take at a minimum. I work 3rd shift and I have lost my motivation to work out..mainly because I am so tired!. I was doing 3-4 days of 30-45 min of incline power walking on the treadmil, then I purchased a rebounder (which is awsome!) and I just cant seem to get motivated again? any suggestions of how to just DO IT! with out talking yourself out of it? or even ways to get some natural energy to do it in my case?

Thanking you in advance for any advice you can give

Danita

candace
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 01:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

im a 20 year old mother of two my oldest son cameron is 19 months and i have a one week old named corry before i had cameron i was 135lbs and im 5'10 so i was under weight but when i got pregnent with cam i ate so much fast food and at my time of delivery i was 206. i went down to 170 in like 3 weeks i guess most of the weight was water but i still felt really big compared to 135lbs. then i got pregnant with corry and i really tried to watch what i ate and at my time of delivery i was 209 so i didn't gain as much as i did with cameron but i was still above the 200 mark. now a week later i weight 190 and i am determined to get back to 135 i have been doing the 8 min abs program and the winsor palities program and im on a diet so lets hope it works

Paula
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 08:55 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone,
I just found this web site by accident and proably wont be able to find it again. I am 38 and Need to lose about 20 lbs. I do cardio and weights with the firm work out. My problem areas are the hips and outter thighs (saddlebag area). I am at a stand still and cant even lose the pounds. If anyone ANYONE CAN PLEASE HELP ME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO I WOULD GREATLY APPRICIATE IT. You can email me at pdunagan@ussalescorp.com and in the subject put exercise so I will know that it is form this web site. I have noticed that it seems to be younger persons then myself so a word in encouragement. You have time on your side. I went from a size 18 to a size 5 in about 7 months and kept it off but after my second child was born I was 31 so I have went up a size or too and cant seem to kick it. But if you are younger then your metobolism is so much more better so It is easier to lose weight the younger you are. When I lost it all I was about 27 or 28 Good luck

Christina Torres
Username: christyjjj

Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 09:23 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone-

I am a 24 year old mother of two, my oldest is going to be three and my youngest is 3 months. I am having a heck of a time losing any weight this time around, I work full time so it hards for me to find time to exercise, so I really have to make the most of time, my husband also works an entirely different schedule than me. I am 5'1 and weigh 152 lbs. If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

yellowbaby
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 08:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you all so much. I was surfing the internet trying to find a diet for new mom's and I found this site. I am 30 and I have a 10 month old. My weight is close to 200. On average, I eat healthy foods. I do not like cookies and too many sweets and I do know what to do to loose weight. I work full time and take care of my son. I am so tired I do not exercise on a regular basis. I feel so helpless. I am tring to exercise more and eat better but it is very hard. In addition to my 10 month old son, my step son is 12. Trying to eat healthy is very hard to do.

Amanda Jones
Username: mangotruck369

Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 11:34 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, My name is Amanda and I'm 26. This is my first time on the board. I just needed to get this out, How come the last 10 pounds is the hardest to loose? I really want to loose about 20 but I can't even put a dent in the last ten pounds. This is so hard. Does anyone know what I'm going through? Please if you have any suggestions let me know!

Kay's Mommy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 02:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

God, it is so wonderful to find this forum. It helps me a lot to know that I'm not alone. I'm having a very hard time accepting my post-baby body. I put on a total of 56 pounds during my pregnancy and then got then lost 43 pounds within two weeks of having my daughter. Then I got the depo shot and the pounds came piling back on. I stopped the Depo, but I still can't loose any weight. I'm drinking lots of water and working out and taking diet pills and I cut sweets and I just put on another 2 pounds! I'm so frustrated. I feel completely out of control of my body. I'm getting desperate and considering stopping nursing to purue less healthy meothods of weight-loss.

Roni
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 08:26 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everybody, I am a 28 1/2 mother of 4 girls, I so desperately want to lose weight. I'm 5'3" and weigh almost 150. I have been on diets slim fast, the atkins, with the atkins I lost weight. I was in a size 8-9,now that i'm not on the atkins i'm in a 11-13. I find it a whole lot more difficult to lose weight this time. My husband and I were (are) looking forward to having one last baby, but i'm afraid to put on more weight than I already have. I don't know what to do or where to start.

lorraine
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 05:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kay,

Sorry to here you are so stressed out about this, and it is great to know we are not alone! It seems like you might have gained because you are doing too much and your body is just working to keep you from losing so it won't happen too fast--protecting you, and your baby too who probably benefits a lot from mama's milk. I am also nursing and dieting, and read that I should just keep a minimum of about 1200 calories and make sure the food choices I use are nutrient rich. Keep some carbs if you are trying to no-carb it, we need some healthy sugars for milk making.

I am in a rut myself, having lost weight and am now trying to lose what I gained during a three month stint in a cast! What's great for gaining weight but depression and imobility! I am just now trying to figure out what will work for me, and really working on eating in moderation and adding in some exercise as my leg gets back to normal.

I think diet pills are usually pretty unhealthy so I wonder what you are thinking of? How about setting up a plan with a doctor or through health insurance, that way you know what you are doing is safe and have some real support people to work with?

Nice to meet you.

precious_gal86
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 10:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this is so fun, i was just looking for a diet for me and i found this site, it comforts me. my life is so complicating. i'm probaly the youngest one here.i'm only 17 but i'm 5 2 and weigh about 164 pounds compared to 107. i got depressed and gained a few pounds before i got pregnant because my grandpa died but by the time i had my first visit for my pregnancy,i was about 129 pounds. i weighed 180 when i gave birth but after i went to a 142. i lost about4 pounds going down to 136 by doiing winsor pilates but then i took a trip to utah because i'm from hawaii, for a week and gain a couple of pounds up to 154. my friend lost weight when she went on depo birth control and so i thought i should try it cause maybe i could lose weight,too but my doctor said i would gain. well depo was my only choice because i breastfed, so i took the shot and gained weight, up to 164. i just stopped breastfeeding like 2 weeks ago,i had my son when i was 14 turning 15, young huh. i get depressed because i'm a stay at home mom but i got my ged and starting college soon. it's hard to eat healthy but my husband made an effort and goes to 24 hour fitness with me, which helps a lot. it's a lot better when you have a work out buddy. i'm just impatient, i want to lose the weight but everyone keeps telling me to wait till i'm 18 but i'm scared that by then i might gain even more weight, i want to lose weight the natural safe way.

MAGGIE ARVIZU
Username: maggie

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 01:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HELLO EVERY ONE! IM NEW TO THIS SITE I AM A 29 YEAR OLD MOTHER OF FOUR AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING SO HARD TO LOSE FOR 4 YEARS AND NOTHING BUT ALL OF A SUDDEN I AM STARTING TO LOSE WEIGHT JUST LIKE THAT I STOPPED WORKING OUT A LONG TIME AGO SO I'M LIKE "OK ! IS IT NORMAL ? SO FAR I LOST 20 POUNDS IN A MONTH ...

ann Roach
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 01:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI everyone I'm 21 mother of 2 I weigh 140 pounds I have a lot of thighs and hips. my husband is deployed and by the time he comes home in 5 months I want to look good. I'm unable to go to the gym but I have a treadmill at home can anyone give me something so i can see results soon getting discouraged

lobos59
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 08:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi My Name Is Amanda im 23 years old 5"2 and engaged to be married and i have not had any kids. Last year I weighed 150 and then got pregnant I gained about 20 pounds by the time I was 3 months pregnant then started to feel pains and I Had to be rushed to the hospital and found out that I had a Tubal pregnancy and had to have a D&C to be cleaned out it's been 7 months since my surgery. I would like to weigh 135 the most. Im 168 right now and the smallest pant size I"ve been in was a 11 size in juniors now i almost wear a 18 can some one help me figure something out. Or give me a eating & exercise plan that works for them to go by. Thanks Amanda

Pam Pineo
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am thinking of starting the apple cider vinegar,kelp, lecithin, B6 diet. Has anyone tried this diet since the 70's? I would appriciate it if someone could write back and give me the correct amounts of each component.

Fatty PuTatty
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 11:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There sure is a lot more women on this then men hey girls? I'm 22, I'm a step mom to 3 girls, 3,6,8, I'm 5'5" and I weigh 203 pounds. I've put 45 pounds on in 6 months, ever since I quit working and became a SAHM. I have tons more stretch marks now. My ideal weight is 160, I look good, I feel good, I know it sounds like 160 pounds is a lot, but not for me, I'm a bit muscular, spent my childhood to about 2 years ago playing soccer and then I worked at a sawmill piling heavy wood. But with this extra 45 pounds I feel like a good for nothing blimp. I tell a lot of people what I weigh, and they don't beleive that I'm 200 pounds, they say i look around 160, but I know the truth. I have no energy, I'm like a caveman when I eat(eating as much as I can till I'm super full) and then I sit around watching TV. I've got no exersize program, and I never eat breakfast. But me and my roomate are going to do this 7 day diet. I've never heard of it, but she swears by it. she lost over 100 pounds 2 years ago on this diet in about 8 months. Well anyways, I thought I'd tell everyone my story. Good luck to all of you that want to lose the weight.

Holly Brown
Username: holly6240

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 05:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have tried just about everything out on the market for weightloss but have recently heard about Ulltra 90 weightloss pills, they are all natural so I was wondering if anyone out there has ever tried them and did you have any good result with them?

Cindy R. Welch
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 09:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well you guys seem to have the same story that I have. I have four children one of them my own the other three my husband and I have recently gotten custody of them from his previous marrage. Anyway I work 40 hours or more sitting down eating anything to keep the nicotine fits at bay, but you would think that when I get home and chase my two year old and cook dinner and start some laundry, feed the dogs and clean a little during the week that I would be as big as I am now. Before I had my daughter I weighed about 115 now two years later I weigh close to 150. I dont have time to go to the gym and who is going to fix something different for themselves than for their families. I just dont have it in me to cook 2 different meals a night. Help me!!! If anyone can give me some pointers that would help me at work that would be great.

LaurenT
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 05:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I am so glad I stumbled on this web site. It helps to know that there are other mothers floating in the same boat as I am. I am 23 and a mother of a 6 year old and a 7 month old. After my first, I went back to my prepregnancy weight after two weeks. Now, I weigh 155 and can't seem to shake a pound after having my daughter. I stay at home with the baby and cant seem to find the time or the energy to exercise. My husband says Im the perfect size, but I can't wear anything in my closet. My belly overlaps after having a c-section and it drives me nuts. Please give me some ideas.

fattypattie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 12:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I also have struggled with my weight since my first child 9 years ago. Before I got pregnant I weighed 105lbs and now with 9 yr and 5 yr old kids that I had I now weigh 155-165lbs. Anyways, I do go to the gym about 3X/wk and my problem are as are my stomach and arms. It is so hard to lose the flab of stomach I have. Any suggestions.

Heather Block
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 03:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just had a baby 7 months ago, and i also have a 5 year old. Im 34 yr.'s old 5'5 and weigh 182. I used to be 135 before my children. Im not only discouraged about the weight gain, but what i really want to know is will everything bounce back after I lose it? I feel like an elephant with all the saggy skin (sounds gross I know). I just feel old and washed up, I know if I can get motivated and fit, that ill feel sooo much better. Oh, and Im also breast feeding (and not losing a pound). Sad thing is I lost weight with my pregnancy, go figure, and weighed 168 after the baby was born,and gained 15 pounds since, so I havent lost any weight from breastfeeding. I enjoyed what Robyn had to say, and might try some of her tips. I would be happy to be a diet partner for someone. Words of encouragement are needed!!

Lisa Rodgers
Username: mommieoftoo

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 10:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there! What a fortunate "accident" that I've stumbled on this site. Im new so I'll give the basics. I have two beautiful children....a 3 yr old "princess" and and 2 1/2 month old boy. I've been fortunate and have lost most of my weight from my pregnancy however I'm still not losing that last 10 - 15 lbs even though I'm nursing. Stretch marks are enough to get used to without having to aorry about the spare tire above my hips.

Anyhoo, my question is this. Has anyone heard if there are any particular concerns to using the idiot proof diet while nursing? I realize that my son needs the extra calories but apparantly the diet doesn't restrict them so I'm not sure. Has any nursing moms here tried it and how successful were you and was there any effects on milk production? Thanks, I really appreciate the help!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information