Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Protein Diet < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 01:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From the past three weeks I was on protein diet. I have lost 5 lbs. Along with that I was walking 1 mile and was doing swimming twice a week. I was told by a friend that by going on low carb and high protein diet you actually lose 10 Lbs in a week...which in my case didn't work. Anyway I think it works different on everyone. I could have lost 5 lbs without going on a protein diet. Everytime I start a diet I easily lose 5 lbs, but after that its almost next to imposible to lose a single pound. I am 22 and my height is 5'6" and I am 140 lbs. I am suppose to get MARRIED in DECEMBER 2002 and would really like to lose atleast 20lbs.
Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!
Also these days I am taking
1 glass of fat free milk in the morning.
have some fruits with it.
For lunch again I have some fruit like apple or banana.
before dinner I have a bowl of lettus with italian fat free dressing.
For dinner I have a slice of wheat bread and some chicken or beef cooked in onions and tomatoes.

Please guide me with a better diet.
Once again thank you and I would really appreciate your help in this concern.

Trish

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 09:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The five pounds you are losing is only water. You have to wait at least 3 months before your metabolism changes to lose real weight. I have tried the protein diet also and I also lost 5 pounds. Then i messed up and went off it. After that when I tried to go back on it, i couldn't lose a pound. My advice to you...cut down on the fruits. Fruits are very high in natural sugar. Try to have more veggies instead. Cut down on the beef. Try chicken and fish only and NO NO NO condiments. No sauces and no salad dressing. Try veggies with homemade tzatziki sauce if you have to have a dressing. That is just yogurt (plain) and dill and cucumbers. Forget about "low fat" stuff...usually has the same amount of sugar, just more water. Try to eat no sugar, i mean NO sugar. Check the labels on everything you buy. Alot of stuff has sugar where you would be surprised. This means NO fruit juice. Only water, tomato or apple juice. Juice has TONS of added sugar (fructose/glucose IS sugar).You can definitely lose 20 pounds by december, but be patient and stick with it. Try walking 30 or more min. per day.
My diet for you:
Breakfast: One egg, doesn't matter how you cook it. One piece of fruit. Lots of water. If you have a problem with drinking lots of water (like I do) use lots of lemon juice and a few dabs of Stevia (natural sweetener found in health food stores..is good for you and has no sugar, carbs or calories). The lemon will clean out your system and flush all the excess fat. Don't have anything with asparatame/sorbital or sweet and low...usually has tons of sodium (retains water).
Lunch: Maybe some chicken and roasted red peppers on bread, or tuna, but no mayo. Try to get yeast free bread...usually doesn't contain sugar..normal bread has TONS of sugar. If you can't find yeast free bread...DO NOT eat white bread...try to get spelt or kamut bread (health food stores)
Dinner: Some chicken or Fish with LOTs of veggies, butter is okay. Olive oil is okay too. So is avocado...not all fat is bad fat.
Try to be creative with your meals. If you need a snack you can eat tortilla chips or popcorn all day long. If you need salsa, try to find some with no sugar. This diet works. I am on it for life for medical reasons, but I have lost tons of weight and kept it off.
If you need a sweet treat, have a piece of fruit or sugarless jam on bread.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me.
Remember, eating healthy isn't fun, but it isn't hard either. You will get used to it and junky food will become gross to you.
P.S. I don't think you need to lose 20 pounds. 125 at 5'6 would be fine. 15 pds won't be that hare to lose, you just need to be patient. Exercise. You will find that you may not lose the 20 pd you want, but you will tone up nicely and what you thought was fat will appear as muscle.

john

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 03:32 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have an eating habbit that makes you feel hungry EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY and you always feel like you gotta stuff you mouth the second you become hungry form you last snack THIS IS FOR YOU! I used to weigh 260 pounds at the age of 15. Then i heard on tv that not eating suger can make you loose weight. So i decided not to eat suger. I did eat tons of fries and crap like that and now I can eat whenever I want and as much as I want but NO SUGER! Now I am 17 180 pounds. My hart is probably a greece factory that lives on greece, but the ladies love me and I am happy!

Trish

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 12:22 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are thinking along the same lines I am John. No sugar. Sugar has no nutritional value whatsoever. Just be careful. That gravy you are eating MAY contain sugar. Watch the "crap" that you are eating. You would be surprised at what contains sugar. Becareful for all the grease too. You are 17 now and probably don't care, but you will when you are older and start having health problems. Try to substitute the fries with veggies. Sounds boring, but your body will thank you later in life.

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 09:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have also heard and seen amazing weight loss results of people who have given up sugar and i want that too! The only thing is that I am an absolute candy addict! Everytime my friends and I go out I just impulsively walk over to the candy isle and buy like 5 suckers or when i see a bag of any kind of candy in the house I eat them until I feel sick. What advice can you guys give me on how to overcome this??

Ted Williams (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to use sugar-free candy.

need a plan
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 08:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to lose 20 pounds.The problem is I am absolutely addicted to food, especially sugar. I also have no time usually to prepare food, and I am not really sure what to eat anyways, so I end up snacking on cookies and that sort of thing. I tried the Atkins thing with no success. I just found myself snacking on whatever I could. I didn't have time to really cook, so I'd just snack. I was on it for almost a month with no success plus I was miserable and always hungry. I quit, but I still have that snacking habbit. I need an eating plan with minimal preparation time, and that actually works and doesn't leave me starving. Any ideas?

which one?
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 08:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it better to count carbs or calories?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information