Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Buddy group? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jenny

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 07:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If anyone would like to start a sort of buddy support group, just post here. I am female, '5'3" and I weigh 155 lbs. and am trying to lose weight but getting lazy and need some motivation!

SpankysAngel

Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 06:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd love to start a buddy group, but I have much more weight to lose... I need lots of motivation cause I've been overweight all my life and I just haven't been able to stick to any one program so far! I really want to get my life sorted out, so if you can suggest anything, I'd be thankful!

Fatchic Jenny

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 10:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you know what to do to lose weight? If not I can help you, if you give me your stats, like height and weight, i could suggest an amount of,calories n'stuff. Also read some of the other threads if you havn't already, there is some good advice. See the thing is I know how to lose weight, I've done it before, my problem is I just don't do it. I don't have will power anymore, like I did last time, man I was so strict with myself, and I actually never even thought about cheating, but now..... Well now I wouldn't be where I am if I hadn't started pigging out all the time. I don't even know why I do it, I'm not even hungry, I just feel like I HAVE to do it. So that's why I thought some support would be nice, If we had to keep eachother accountable, like make sure we don't break our diets and exercise. So anyway, great hearing from someone, I know we can do this, together. Good luck!

SpankysAngel

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 06:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey there! Well, today was Day 1 at the gym... I hadnt been there in years! It felt pretty good cause I was proud of myself for getting up early in the morning to go there and sweat!! I'd love to be there for you to support you, and I'd also love advice on what I should do... My plan at the moment is to watch what I eat, no junk, and to not eat carbs after 4 pm... Any other ideas? I'm 5'1" and over 200 lbs... Hope to hear from you soon!

Fatchic Jenny

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 01:38 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my god! I'm so proud of you. You're like a go-getter! Wish I could say the same for myself, but at the moment, well, AAARRRGGGHHH pretty much sums it up. I totaly blew it today. I mean, what the h*** is wrong with me? Who am I anyway? Ooooh, I'm sorry, just a bad day. Tommorow I will do better! I really am so glad for. Just KEEP IT UP! Well do IIIEEE have any advice for YOU? Not really much, just, don't be scared of carbs. I don't think they're so evil that everyone claims they are! But yeah, I would say cut down on them after 4 or 6 or so. I've heard it helps you not crave food and pigout. And don't think that eating healthy is a gaurantee to lose weight, if you eat to much of anything you'll gain weight. But I'm sure you know all that. What kind of exercise do you do at the gym?And,BTW, how old are you? Well, keep up the great work, and good luck to you, "super" woman! (Or girl, I guess?!)

becky

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 04:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi. i am overweight (about 60lbs) too, and would like to lose weight. im not looking for a quick solution (which would be great, but i dont expect quick results). i dont know if i eat healthy (i think i do?). an average meal (for dinner) would be a small bowl of spaghetti with meatsauce, small salad with fat free dressing, and water. i snack a couple times a week (i will have an apple, orange, or some baby carrotts). i only drink water. i dont excercise now and i think that may be my problem, so i started at a gym. i run on a treadmill, ride a bike, and lift weights for about an hour everyday. (i just started). should i change my diet? i dont know what carbohydrates are, and i dont know how much calories stuff has (for example, lettuce does not have a label). and/or should i expect any results? what do u think? any tips would be great.

becky

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 04:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have no friends, and would like to make some. i am 18 years old. 60 lbs overweight. i am an internet junkie. fixing to start college. would love to either have a "buddy plan" to lose weight with, and/or just someone to talk to. respond here, email me, or IM me on AIM at: short july. i would prefer to have a buddy that has AIM. (you can respond here if you dont want to IM me first)

Robyn

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 07:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Becky...I'll be your buddy! Which college are you going to go to?
~Robyn~from TX

becky

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 08:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

im going to go to the university of texas at arlington.

i just joined a gym. woo, go me!

Robyn

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 08:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is great, Becky! Which gym did you join...it doesn't happen to be the 24Hour Fitness off of Main in Lewisville, is it? My parents live in Corinth (really close to Flower Mound!) and that is where I go to work out when I visit them!!!! Congrats on joining the gym...that is the first thing to do! I will continue to write you in this thread, instead of the mothers one. YOu could also e-mail me if you'd like.

~Robyn~

SpankysAngel

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 08:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds like we're getting some results here in terms of getting a buddy group going! I've been trying hard to keep things going with my diet and the gym... Today I walked home from work (took about 30 minutes) and tomorrow morning I'm off to the gym for Day 2! I was in pain all day from my workout, but I guess no pain no gain (or loss in this case!)... To answer your question Jenny, I'm 23... And I think you're not giving yourself enough credit cause I think you can do it too! That's what we're here for, to encourage and support each other! So make a concious decision and GO FOR IT!! :-) I'll keep you posted on my results as many times as I can... We'll see if there has been a change at all tomorrow when I weigh myself at the gym! Keep a positive outlook and try your best... There's no need to feel guilty about things when you've done all that you can! Speak soon and good luck to you too! And btw, thanks for the support! I really appreciate it!

Robyn

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 09:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a good tip....
Don't go by the scale....muscle weighs more than fat, and water retention and loss makes your weight fluctuate. Go by the way your clothes fit.

becky

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 11:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

actually when i was looking into joining a gym, i was going to join either that 24hr fitness or a lady of america gym. and lady of america is closer, cheaper, and no guys!! so i joined that one.

Fatchic Jenny

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 08:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey SpankysAngel! Yaaayyyy! You just keep it up and you'll be seein results in no time. (Although I don't really think that a real fat-weight loss would show up on the scale already), but it should in a week or less! Um so, I'm not giving myself enough credit huh? Well I ate an awful lot. But, today, I feel like I'm gonna do it. I just get in these like, moods. Like one second, I'll be scrounging around for chocolate,(my fave food:(!) and, the next, what? why are doin this, it's not worth it, do you wanna lose weight or not! So, yeah, that's pretty much the way it goes, and sometimes I don't get out of the "gotta have food mood", in time. And I've been trying to exersise, but it's kinda hard round here. We live on a short, dead-end street, so it's not very fun to walk, jog, blade, bike, whatever, up and down it. Plus, when I do, I just feel like everyones staring at me and thinkin I'm stupid and I feel stupid. And there's nowhere in our house to do a workout video, cause there's a ping-pong table that takes up almost the whole room in the basement. Plus, I would have to buy a TV-VCR for it, since the "family" TV and VCR is in a room with no space. Also, I tried buying a treadmill at a garage sale one time for 50 bucks, turns out it's impossible to use cause it's not moterized, so that means you keep the belt movin, you're not just running on it, you actually make it go, and it KILLS your calves, so, I quit even trying, so theres 50 bucks down the drain. So, your probably thinkin, you're 17 right, just go to the gym. Well, I don't have my license yet, my dad doesn't want to deal w/ insurance. But he's workin on finding a different plan, somethin will happen soon. My mom is already driving me back an forth to my summer job, and I think she's sick of it, so she'll probably get him to go ahead and let me get it. So, that's how things are for me! I don't mean to always be so negative about everything. You're doing GREAT! Just keep your goal in sight, always think about what you'll be like if you DON'T have that cookie, if you DO workout not how good that cookie would taste right now, or how good it would feel to stay in bed right now. Now I just need to practice what I preach, huh?! OK, well,good luck to you!

Candace

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 09:48 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys, I'm 17 yrs old, 5'8 and I wiegh about 230 lbs. I've recently started a exercise plan (tae-bo and riding a stationary bike) and trying to eat more healthly (a bowl of Honey Nut Cherios with a bananna instead of a big breakfast with eggs, biscuts, and such). But I really don't think my eating habbits was/is my problem. I spend way too much time on my behind in front of this darned computer.

But anyways, I'd like to join the group. :) And if any of you want to talk to me over AIM, my sn is Candace Tornek.

becky

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 01:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wooooooo, hehe.

Fatchic Jenny

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 02:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Candace! Sure you can join!:)

BBerry

Posted on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 12:31 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys, im 5'3 and I weigh about 150 pounds.. I would also like to join the group :)

Fatchic Jenny

Posted on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 07:29 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey sure BBerry!:)

BBerry

Posted on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 10:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! :).. You know what's weird though? Throughout the whole school year I had lost 10 pounds or more without even thinking about it.. I went from weighing about 163 to about 150 cause I drank alot of water and I cut my snacks down a bit.(This also included going to gym class in school lol, so that did help me the weightloss).. What im trying to say is that people can be losing weight without even noticing. It does take time though. :)

Gabs

Posted on Saturday, August 03, 2002 - 07:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hiii Hii every0ne....can I join this group. I have about 80 lbs to loose. I am 24 yrs old and live in Califonia. so can I can I can I?? hehe good idea on forming a group....will keep us on check and on the right track...*wink*

SpankysAngel

Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 10:53 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is becoming a very popular and productive group!! This is great guys! :-) Sorry I haven't written in a while, but I haven't been able to get online... Anyway, what happened this week is this: I went to the gym on Saturday and finally decided to weigh myself. And after a whole week of drinking about 3 litres of water a day and watching what I was eating, I lost 4 pounds! Which just goes to show that we all can do it! I personally need to lose about 80-100 pounds, so we can encourage each other and just do it!! Don't think about what you can't do, think of what you CAN do! Like the saying goes: "We must do what we think we can't do!" Keep up the good work girls... Make a plan and stick to it! We'll encourage each other the whole way through!

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 11:23 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone! I am new to this site but I was wondering if anyone could help me? I have 5'8 and weight about 245 lbs and I have to go to my sisters wedding in June 2004 and I want to be 144 lbs approximately. Is that crazy for me thinking that way? What are some good exercises that work well and fast? Also What are some good foods that are just things that are around the house to eat? If someone could help me that would be awesome! Thanks!

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, August 09, 2002 - 02:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I put the message on August 8, I meant that the wedding is in June of 2003. Is it still possible

SpankysAngel

Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 03:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey there Anonymous... I think that it is a very realistic goal if you want to lose 100 pounds in 1 year... You just have to stick to it! Make sure that you keep yourself motivated and that you don't give up! I can't tell you exactly what to eat or what to do, but you can find a lot of good advice on this site... Good luck to you and hope to hear from you soon! :-)

SpankysAngel

Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 03:23 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As for the rest of you, hope you guys are well and that you're keeping up with your goals! I'm trying hard to stick to my original plan... I'm just going to go to the gym in a little bit, but that's not the hard part of this whole plan.. It's making sure I eat the right things at the right times!! Anyway, hope to hear from you guys too real soon... Bye for now! Spanky's Angel :-)

Fatchic Jenny

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 12:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while, how are ya'll doin?

To Anonymous posted on the 8th, in order to lose 100 lbs. in a year, you will need to lose 2 lb. a week.

Hey SpankysAngel, good for you! Keep it up. 4 lb. in a week? Wow! Of course, not to discourage you, but in the first week, some of it could be water weight. But still. I have not been doing that bad, but not good either. I just try to think about the future, not the moment, sometimes that works. I'm still trying to figure out a solid exercise plan w/ my limited resources.....

OK, I'll look forward to hearing from you all!

Jeni

Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 11:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please let me be in the group toooo! LOL I need a lot of motivation...since I have zero now...although it will take more than that to lose all of this weight...ughh...depressing.

Amy

Posted on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 04:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I figure, by this time we all kind of know how much we want to lose, which is nice.

Then the second step is to figure out how to do it. The logic behind weight control is simple: eat less, move more, and keep at it.

So how much should we eat? Do you have any idea as to how much is your personal daily ideal cal. intake? I know mine, which is 1200 cal.

I briskly walk 4 miles per hour 6 days a week and do yoga for half-hour everyday when I am watching the news. I also swim 20 to 30 minutes twice a week.

How about you? what is your plan? how much cal. you take in everyday?

Jeni

Posted on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 12:16 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right now I don't have much of a plan. So many have failed so I'm not sure where to start. I know that I need to lose 30 lbs for sure, if not more. I large part of my problem is my very hectic schedule. Yes, I realize that my health is more important than anything else...but most people won't let me use that as an excuse. Would you be able to advise me on how many calories I should be taking in? I really don't know at this point how many per day I take in...but it's obviously too many :o(

monicah

Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 08:37 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all, I'm 25 (form kenya) and the mother of an 8 month boy- I'd really like to join your group. Can I?

I've gained 15kilos after my baby's birth and I'm 5'4- was 50Kilos before the birth and i'm now 65kgs- I'd really like to know how to loose the 15kgs and maintain my weight.

thanks

Amy

Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 12:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

B) FIND YOUR IDEAL WEIGHT: use your height (in Matrix) minus 70, then multiple with 0.6 to get your ideal weight. Yet, we all have different bone frames, thus the ideal weight has a flexible 10% leeway. So in my case-

my ideal weight is 53.4 kilo (115 lb.), and the range of my ideal weight will be between 48.14 kilo (105 lb.), and 58.74 kilo (128lb.).

59-70 x 0.6= 53.4 kilo

But because I have chronicle arthritis, so I want to maintain the least possible healthy weight to save my joints and also not be so bonny , so I decide to keep my weight at 110 lbs. (50 kilo.)

TO FIND YOUR IDEAL DAILY CAL. INTAKE:
If you have a active daily activity for work, you multiple your ideal weight with 30 to get your ideal daily cal. intake amount. Since I have the least active work for I sit in front of a word processor everyday, so I multiple my ideal weight with 20 top get my daily cal. intake, which is 1000. If your daily activity is in between a very active and a inactive one, you multiple your ideal weight with 25. But remember, we have to get at least a 1200 cal. daily intake to keep our body function, so I choose 1200 cal. as my guide.

Amy

Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 12:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

C) USE YOUR MENSTAL CYCLE TO YOUR BENEFITS:
If you divided your menstrual cycles into 4 stages, you can actually use your menstrual cycle to help lose weight and this is how:

1) first cycle is the 7 days in which you have pretty active menstrual bleeding flow. During this cycle, just keep yourself comfortable in eating and exercising. But this does not mean that you can pig-out whatever you want. JUST BE MODERATE!!!

2) the second stage is the 8 days to the 14 days after your bleeding is over. THIS IS THE GOLDEN STAGE TO GET ON DIET. WHATEVER YOU DO IN TERMS OF DIETING AND EXERCISING DURING THIS PERIOD WILL GET YOU TWICE THE RESULT, COMPARE TO OTHER STAGE.

3) the third stage is the 15-21 days of your cycle. If the previous stage is plenum stage in dieting, then this stage is golden stage, which is not as fast, effective as the previous stage, but it is still good. Do as much as you can do, in dieting and exercising, but in anticipation of a slow progress.

4) the fourth stage is what I call the PMS stage. So, eat as mush as iron, fiber, as possible within your daily cal. Allowance.

monicah

Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 03:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I decided to start my programme yesterday- by serving a bit less portions at mealtimes and not snacking on my usual cookies & ice cream! I also walked for 1.5 km in the evening - do you think it's going to work?

Amy

Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 10:27 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure, Monicah!!! Every little step helps, addiding to the overall weight control objective. I do a quick calculation, according to the info. you provide here and come up with the following numbers related to your problem.

In order to lose one kilo, you have to use up 7000 cal. Thus if you want to lose 15 kilos, you have to burn an overall of 105,000 cal. extra beside the normal cal. necessary for your body to function.

Exercise, such as walking, can burn some cal.
A 30 minutes of briskly walking will burn probably 110 cal.

So how many cal. you put into your mouth can really make a difference in terms of balancing the daily overall cal. intake.

I would encourage to "READ THE LABEL" and "REMEMBER" the cal. in the food items that you normally eat. It is useful to make into an habit of comparing the numbers of cal. between food that you "WANT" to eat. MAKING CONSCIOUS CHOICE is extremely useful in the long run. And before you put evey piece of food into your mouth, ask yourself the following question, "DOES THIS MORSAL WORTH THE CALORIES"?
Since we all have a limited amount of cal. intake allowance, so why not makes every piece of food you eat worthy the allowance?

15 kilos X 7000 cal. per kilo = 105000

Amy

Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 10:36 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ALSO, make sure the portion you serve is a regular, "decent" portion, not some GIANT SIZE disguised portion.

Go find some info. on the proper serving portion. A quick reference, such as the size of a deck of card is a serving for meat or poultry, the size of a tennis ball is a serving for vegetables or fruits.

Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 09:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You girls seem to have a good thing going here, wondering if a guy could ask a question. I've lost a great deal of weight (75lbs), so don't be discouraged, it's not impossible. My question is, I'm starting to think that even though I'm close to my goal weight (6' 165#), my stomach will never be flat, just a big flap of empty skin. are my worries unfounded? am I gonna need some kind of surgery? Anyway, the best of luck to you all, and I think your buddy group is a great idea, wish I woulda had one!

monicah

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 04:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a mill. Amy! That's really encouraging and it puts everything into perspective- cos the portions i've been serving are not that small :-)- but form now on i'm determined to do it right without starving myself as i'm still breastfeeding my son at night- I also started doing sit-ups and a bit of on the spot jogging-
hope it all works out cos i need to slim by christmas!

Amy

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 09:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are welcome, Monicah!!! This is what a buddy group is for. We are all learning one way or the other everyday, encouraging each other along the way of this LONG yet worthy journey!!!

I think that you are off a very good start, so keep at it. Weight control is a life-long project, so setting goal for each stage is a good thing.

On the portion control and making conscious decision, I am going to recommend a book that I find practical and useful. You don't have to buy the book, but you can certainly go to the bookstore and check it out.

The name of the book is "Picture Perfect Weight Loss: the visual program for permanent weight loss", by Dr. Howard M. Shapiro. The reason for recommending this book is because it helps you build a conscious "mental picture" on food, dieting, and a healthy life-style. For instance, in this book, Shapiro puts combinations of different dishes side by side and shows the total amount of cal. in each dish for comparison. With the visual aid and reference, you quickly build your own data of cal. and other nutritional info. on food with outrageous hidden cal. that you might not know of. It helps you to build healthier relationship with food and eating.

Since this book is about 2.5 years old, so if you can't find it in the store, other books by the same author will do it for he repeats most of his basic concepts in his books.

Amy

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 10:03 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Mr. "Anonymous", how are you!!! Sure you can join this gender free buddy group.

I have to tell you that I personally am not a big fan of any surgical practice that aimed at improving your body image. Because for me, these surgical acts are intrusive, unless the subject does have a "legitimate health need" for receiving it and it's done under "adequate", "medical not cosmetic " supervision.

On this website, there are people such as Robyn and Nick who know more on the exercise side of the coin. You might want to solicit their takes on the issue for advices. I do sit-up and yoga for flexibility reason, and they all help strengthen these possible areas. OK!!!

Rosie

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 11:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello everyone....i have lost 57lbs...and am afraid of giving up...i sometimes get bored and tired of being on a diet...i use to weigh 282lbs and now i am 225lbs....still got a lot more to go though...now i am starting to feel like i dont know what to do....sometimes i dont know what to eat because it feels like i am eating the same things over and over again....help please!!!
Rosie

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 07:34 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't give up, Rosie, look how far you have come! If eating the same things over and over works for you, then do it. If there are only a few healthy foods that you like to eat, stick to them. Hope maybe this helps, helped me.
"Mr. Anonymous"

Amy

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 07:53 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Rosie,

If you can write down what are the "things" that you eat on a regular day, probably we can all stick our heads together and come up with some ideas for alternatives. I bet that each one of us has some kind of special "menu" or "cooking tips" that will make the same old dish tasts different. OK!!! DON'T FEEL DISCOURAGED, NO BIG DEAL, REALLY!

monicah

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 08:12 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys, this buddy idea is great- it feels good to know that there are people out there who are ready to give advice and listen my complaints about weight loss- i don't about you guys but my family don't think i'm serious they just make some jokes about it- so i really want to perservere ith this if only to prove them wrong!

Amy

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 01:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got back from grocery shopping. While I was waiting for Mr. B to get a quarter pound of 95% lean ground beef for me, one question popped into my mind, which was:

Do we really have any idea as to how "HEAVY" a quarter pound of meat feel in our hand, if we don't have a digital scale in the kitchen? (I bet most of us don¡¦t possess an accurate digital scale.)

The question might sound funny for most of the meat or poultry we got from the store is either pre-packaged or someone packed them for you when you ordered. But when you cook at home, do you really know how big is a serving of 4 ounces of chicken, or say, 8 ounces of stake?

In a way, this is related to Monicah's problem, (SORRY TO PUT YOU ON THE SPOT), because she never actually knew a normal serving size, for example 4 ounces of chicken, really is. She just kind of figured that whatever size, say probably 6 or 8 ounces, she put on a plate "was" a portion. And THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 4 ONCES OF CHICKEN AND A 8 ONCES OF CHICKEN IN TERMS OF CAL. EVENTHOUGHT CHICKEN IS GOOD FOR YOU, ISN'T IT?

So next time when you go shopping for meat, make into a habit of asking for the "exactly" amount of "stuff" and make a mental note to yourself as to the "SIZE" or "WEIGHT" of it. I BET IT'S GOING TO HELP IN THE LONG RUN AS FAR AS THE PORTION CONTROL IS CONCERNED.

And this is my tip of the day.

Amy

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 02:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Monicah,

Don't worry about it!

You don't have to prove to your "unsupportive" family members that they are wrong. When they see the extra pounds come off from your body, they will know they are wrong, very wrong about your commitment to manage actively your weight and health, for your own good, without you telling them.

Rosie

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 03:20 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amy i eat for breakfast fruits, cereal, yogurt, low-fat waffles etc., lunch i eat sandwiches or salad etc...and dinner some type of meat or fish lots of veggies and a carbohydrate and i only drink water, diet soda, and Crytal light all varieties....i also want to thank everyone for the encouragement...that is very nice....this buddy group is the best thing that ever happen to people who are trying to lose weight!!

Rosie

Amy

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 06:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, it is Math time and let¡¦s find out how much cal. Rosie consumes for a day.

Breakfast:
Fruits: Since you wrote fruits so I assume you have two types of fruits, say a medium apple (55 cal), and a medium banana (100 cal). The cal. of cereal with milk can range from 160cal. (for a light cereal with milk) to 250 cal. (like very rich kind of trail mix)
Yogurt: 120 cal for Dannon no fat. Low-fat waffles: well, it can be 140 cal. for 2 EGGO Low fat frozen round waffles or 290 cal. for 3 sets of 4 waffles (92g) Eggo Cinnamon flavored frozen round miniature toast-shaped
waffles

So the grand total cal. for breakfast can range from 575 cal. for the low-fat version to 815 cal. for the rich version.

For Lunch: the cal. account of a sandwich can be small or large, depending on the ingredients.
So for example a turkey and mayo on rye kind of sandwich has:
8 oz. turkey 400 cal. + 2 Table spoons mayo 200 cal. + 2 slices of rye bread 140 cal. = total 740 cal.

Or a turkey/lettuce/tomato/with mustard on rye has:
3 oz turkey 150 cal. + lettuce and tomato 10 cal. + mustard 10 cal. + 2 slices of rye bread 140 cal. = total 310 cal.

For dinner:
Meat: one 8 oz steak has 600 cal.
Fish: one serving of 3 oz salmon has 130 cal.
A carbohydrate such as a slice of oat bread has 120 cal.

Vegetables: one serving of (cabbages 45 cal.) or (asparagus 30 cal.) or (carrots 30 cal.) or (an ear of corn 70 cal.) or (a cup of sweet peas 150 cal) or (a medium size of potato 145 cal.) the cal. for your vegetables can be between 100 cal. to 150 cal.

So the grand total cal. for your dinner can be between as low as 350 (for fish and other vegis combination) or as high 850 cal.

And the grand total cal. for the day can be as low as 1235 to as high as 2405 cal.

Since I don¡¦t know your height and your bone frame so I could not find the ideal amount of cal. you should have. But you can go back to the formula I provided before to figure out your ideal daily cal. intake allowance and the ideal weight you want at this point.

And really take a good look at the amount of cal. for each item I listed here and ask yourself the following questions:

1 Can I substitute a high cal. item with a low cal item and not feel derivated?
2. Can I leave out some of the items that have nothing but empty cal. and still be happy with my choice? For example, how about just one piece of bread for my sandwich.
3. Can I leave out some of the items from my breakfast list and transform that cal. into a snake around, say 3:30pm, so I don¡¦t have to have a ¡§BIG¡¨ dinner?

It all boils down to MAKING CONSCIOUS CHOICE and BE HAPPY and SATISFIED.

Amy

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 06:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way, if you want to know the cal. of specific food, you can either look into the label or search it on the website, by typing the brand name or item. This is how I find out some of the cal. on Rosie's meal list.

Trust me, I have no idea on some of the items becuse I don't normally eat them. But I DO know the item that I normally eat!!!

Rosie

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 09:28 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amy those are varieties of things that i eat i dont eat them all at once....i change them...i dont eat that many calories....i am on a 1500 calorie diet....obviously i am doing something right because i have lost quite an amount of weight....i exercise 4-5 times a week sometimes more...my diet mostly consists of lots of veggies and fruits...some protein and carbs....and i dont eat 8oz steaks...that is too much the serving size is 4oz! thanks for the info although i already knew all of it! encouragement is the key....i came on here to read if others feel the way i do...i feel like i have come a long way but am getting bored of the diet....i am focusing on being healthy then thin....but i just feel confused at this point...i feel some days that i want to eat fast food but i know that it will ruin my diet!!
Rosie

Amy

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 02:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

UNDERSTOOD!!!

The fact is that in this cyber space one can only form an opinion according to the accurate and sufficient information provided by the other. So, you can discard my message, which was developped under inaccurate infromation.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Rosie

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 04:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amy my information is very accurate you misunderstood that is ok i understand but thanks anyways....anyone else who understands what i am asking for please respond....thanks
Rosie

Lauren

Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 08:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I am 16, 5' 4 and 180 pounds. I can't really go on the low carb diet because that is impossible at school. I have a huge family and really cant ask them change the meals for me. Any advice on exercise and cutting down meal size. Will that work?

RN2B

Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 12:41 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know I'm coming in kind of late, but I'd love to join this buddy group, if I may? I am a 31 yr. old mother of three children, ages 12,10, and 2. I am recently divorced and I had a really hard time dealing with that. depression, consolation binging, that sort of thing. I have decided to move on with my life, and I recently started nursing school. I had to have a physical before beginning any classes, and I weighed in at 207 ... and a half!!! That was on Aug. 17, and now I weigh 190. I know that isn't much, but I feel better about myself, I have more confidence in myself than I have ever had. I don't know that I could say I'm dieting, but I try to watch what I eat and drink. I have completely cut out the colas and iced teas.Now I'm strictly water, water, water... I try to make better choices about the food I eat, too. Like instead of having fried chicken, mashed potatoes& gravy, with a biscuit, I'll have a salad with grilled chicken, fat free dressing, a serving of fat free yogurt, and water. I have access to a gym, with all the new fangled equipment, free of charge... and I am on a tight budget with my recent situation...but I don't have the luxury of a personal trainer to help me with a work out regimen. If someone could help me with a menu/exercise plan, I would really appreciate it.. more than you know..
I am 5'4" and I weigh 190. I would like to get to at least 135. I'm in no hurry, for I want this to be a lifelong commitment on my part to stay healthy,for myself and my children. I would appreciate any comments and suggestions from all of you.. Thanks and I wish all of you the very best in your effort at getting healthy.

clworth123

Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2002 - 03:25 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found that a caring support makes a big difference to losing the weight, I have lost 70 Lbs so far,and I was 17 stone and need to lose about 35 lbs to be down my goal, I wanted to share this with you, I have been using the Herbalife weight control programme, I am losing weight and inches and feel great its fantastic the stuff I get from www.bodyofhealth.co.uk and Chris's no is 01509 261 520 is helping with great follow up support

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 03:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I would really like to start working out but seem to lack motivation. I have 3 small children and I am 5'5 and weigh 128. I have a very large stomach area that I really need to get rid of. I like to see "instant results" and tend to get annoyed when I dont get them. Can someone give me some advice to get me going? Thanks

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 06:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have never been on a diet, but now I think it is time to try one. I have not weighed myself in over 16 months because the I know it keeps going up. About two years ago I was about a size 5. I was very happy with the way I looked. I was a size 5. I am now a size 12. I don't care too much about how many pounds I should use but think the number is about 30. I am guessing but I think I weigh 150 and I am only 5'3"!!! Yes it is time to diet... Please give me some advise...

Chenoa

Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 05:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there everybody, ok I am seriously overwieght ( I'm not gonna lie!) I'm 5'4" and weigh 250 lbs. I have no idea how to get started dieting but I obviously need it! I'm 27 and wear a size 20...by the way, I wish I was in a sz 12! I need some help....any ideas? Or do I just need to have the gastric resection and lose it that way?

blakkrob

Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Me and my wife are planning to start a diet and we wanted to see what is best for us. We are limited to activities we can do(we have to include the kids with us). So we try to work out in our home and go walking and take the kids with us. What would be the best diet for us? I am 5'9 245 I want to shave off about 30-35 pounds. She is 5'5 243 she wants to get back down to around 150. We are planning to change our eating habits and work out more.

Anne

Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 02:06 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For the last two messages, your on the right track, looking for support is the key. I started out January 1, 2002 at 331 pounds and as of today I have lost 134, down to 198 and hoping to continue, Rob, my best advice is to join a gym that has "daycare" it really helped me to stay motivated knowing that I was getting "me" time that so may of us don't have. I have 3 girls ages 6, 3 1/2 and 20 months, so you know that there weren't enough minutes in the day to get any excersize time in.
Chenoa, I would suggest starting out small that helped me although I started out in a size 26/28 (TIGHTLY FITTED) I am now in a 12/14, I cut things out and progressed very quickly....If you want to hear the details let me know I'd be happy to share.

blakkrob

Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 01:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We would love to hear the detalis Anne.

Anne

Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 10:44 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I felt the need to conquer my issue with eating before I started to excersize. So first I cut out all fast food (except Subway), and I lost some weight, then I cut out all butter and oil, and went to fat free as much as I couldd, and more came off (25 lbs. in 2 months)
That's when I got serious, and started counting calories and joined a gym, I cut back to 700 calories a day and worked out 5 times a week. I lost 60 lbs. in 2 months (FOR REAL) I went from 288 on May 20, to 238 on July 27! But then my body went into starvation mode and I hit a serious plateau....It has taken me since July to get down to 197. So it all worked except the 700 calories, I'm now to 1200 a day and have been seeing a change in my weight again, slow but steady. It's been a ride for sure but a fun one. All you need is to hang in there and once you start to see the change it's addicting. My obsession with what I was eating every minute of every day has turned into what am i going to do to loose that next pound. It's all in our heads and once you can get over that then it's all down hill. But know that it can be done, I never thought that it could but now 11 months later and I am truely a new person.

Tiff

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 07:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would love to loose and keep 12-15 lbs off, I am healthy and exersise but still tubby on the lower half any suggestions

tammie

Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 10:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I need to start off my new year right. I am almost 30yrs old, have 3 small children. I am 5'6 and about 138lbs. I know it doesnt sound like a lot but it is all in my stomach and butt. I have never dieted before or excersised. Not really sure where to begin. I am a stay at home mom and joining a gym isnt possible, we live in a very very small town, no gym for miles. Any suggestions on good stomach workouts? Thanks a lot.

trina4kierrra

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 03:35 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need someone to check in with win it comes to excersising and eating right. I am 5'1 and 160 and need to loose about 15 more lb's. I have lost 28 lb so far and have gotten lazy. If there is anyone who needs a partner let me know.

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 03:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi i have changed the way that i eat and worked out 3 days a week. I did this for the past 6 or 7 months. I have lost about 28 lbs. I feel alot better, now its time for me to get back on the train and loose 15 more lbs. Its hard for me to get back on track with working out. I never stop the way i eat ( some fried food, very little sweets mostly fat free foods).I count my cal. and that work really works well for me. If there is anyone who would like to partner up and loose this weight together then let me know

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 08:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi..
I am looking for a buddy for weight loss.
150 lbs... need to lose 30.
Any buddys out there...

Heather Aagyuk (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 12:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I am a 19 year old from Michigan, I am 5'3 and currently weigh 205 lbs. I need to lose weight for me and because I recently got engaged and refuse to go down the isle at more than 150 lbs. I would like a buddy who has msn if possible.

Joanna (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 4' 11" and i am 138lbs i need to lose 20 lbs but i really need some motivation..

anyone willing to help

kimber (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 09:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, just wondering if anyone who has been successful, could give actual meals that they would have on a diet. I am 5'3 and went from 125-160 this year. I had alot of stress this year, and not all was due to overeating... I appreciate any help! Thanks....I am better to do a diet that can show results pretty quick, thanks!

chawntel howard (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 11:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 34 years old with 2 kids. I have a full-time teaching career and still working on my master's degree. Time is a problem for me. I recently began Tae Bo. I have hypothyroidism. (treated) But, it seems like I have to work so hard just to maintain my current weight. I began Tae Bo because walking 3 miles 3 times a week wasn't doing anything for my weight. I am in good physical condition for someone my weight. I am 5'3" and 197lbs. I am evenly proportioned, Thank God! I want to be 130lbs. I have monitored my food intake and it doesn't seem too excessive. The hyprothyroid problem slows my metabolism. Anyone have suggestions?

Liz (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 01:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi I am 21 years old. I want to lose about fifteen pounds, but I need a little support to get me through the day. I would love to join your group if that's ok. Thanks!

Carlalopez (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 04:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi I am 24 years old and i weight 160 pounds, i will like to be 125 pounds. I'm 5'8, but i will like to lose. i have no idea about anything. I know i have to exercise, diet, and take some pills but i dont know anything. Can anyone help me please

Heather Aagyuk (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 05:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys, I have lost 15 lbs, already, i know its not healthy to loose that much at once, but i think it was recent gain pounds that were just easy to loose, cause i had gained 3 lbs after my last note, and then i just started loosing, tell you more in detail if you wanna know! Heather

Liz (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Heather that's great! How did you do it? I have lost about two pounds since I have written. It is so hard but I keep thinking about the end result.

SamFrazier (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 02:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi - I am 28 years old, College student, work full time, no time for excercise, about 75 pounds overweight, have tried everything!!!!! I can't stick to anything - how do you guys do it....I need some help. Sounds like you are all working hard, I'm proud of you all just reading your comments. Keep it up, I'll try too!

Diesel (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 06:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fatchic Jenny, im 6'2'' and i weigh 270 im a teen help me i want to be down to around 200-210

kelbell (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 09:34 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey..I am a 23 year old and recently put on 50 pounds..I used to be a big runner and worked out 24/7 and wore a size 2. Now, I weigh 178 and want so badly to lose all the weight that I put on. But it seems like I forgot how to do it and really need the support...

Jen (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 05:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just wanted to know: How can I loose 10-15 lbs. in a month?

Liza (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 09:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When u guys say counting calories, How much calory per day r we talking about here?

T. Grimes (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 02:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Im having some problems losing weight and keepin it off, I'm a person who likes to eat but eat anything at anytime. ANY SUGGESTIONS!
I need help and advice in trying to lose 120 lbs, and I want to start off with somthing easy like 4-5 lbs a week. But wjere do I began, and also I joined a gym but don't know how to take myself to it and keep working.... ANY SUGGESTIONS! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Christy P. (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 12:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, my name is Christy (24yrs. old, currently 189lbs.) and I just stumbbled upon your group and I think it is a great idea to have a support base like this.

I have struggled with my weight my whole life and can relate to many of your stories. When I was younger I was very self conscious and hated they way I looked. When I went to college I was excited b/c I was going to start fresh, meet new people, and maybe even feel better about myself--only one problem--the freshman 15 (or 20 or more in my case). Only I really did not really notice it too much, I guess it was denial. I think, at my highest, I was 220lbs. The gym at my school was at 15-20min. walk across campus and it was a crappy one at that. But around my Junior/Senior years they built this AWESOME gym facility right around the corner from me which worked out perfectly! A friend of mine and I became avid gym buddies and dragged each other out of bed in the morning to go (VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE SOMEONE TO HELP YOU GET THERE). I really was not looking at the scale or worried about loosing weight, I just figured it would be a great thing to start doing. I did not really change my diet or eating habits, I just started being active. After several months I noticed my size 18-20 jeans were loose in the waist, hips, and butt and I just strugged it off as the clothes being stretched out after wearing them a day. And then people started complimenting me and I was in denial and really did not accept that I was losing weight. This was a mistake! DON'T EVER BELITTLE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!

Then I discovered Weight Watchers. A friend of mine had started doing it and had been very successful. She started about the same size as me and she lost about 50 lbs. I was asstonished! So being a broke college student, I scrapped together the money and joined. I figured $10 a week was a small price to pay for losing weight! I did really well for a long time and then it was graduation time. I was moving back home and joined the group there. It was not the same but I figured I should stick to it, which I did until around the holidays and you probably know how that goes. I probably did not get back until feb. of the next year. I did well for a while and then I had an injury to my back and could not be as active as I was. This was very discouraging. So I ended up quitting again. I stopped and started a couple of times and the reason I kept going back was b/c it really is a great program-it is not a diet it is a lifestyle change. You learn how to be healthy, you don't deprive yourself of anything, and you lose weight. The biggest problem I had was the mental aspect of it-I was my own worst enemy! I put myself down, I was soooooo hard on myself if i messed up and it always made myself crazy. I focussed way too much on my mistakes and not enough on my accomplishments.

I am now back at it for the 3rd and FINAL time b/c I learned from my prior experiences. I am trying to be more forgiving of myself. I joined the Weight Watchers at work program and so far so good. I am not saying I don't still struggle but I am teaching myself it is about choices. The cool thing about WW is you start with a small, more achievable goal, 10% of your body weight, which is the first to digits of your weight. For me it is 19 b/c I weighed 196 when I started and now am 189 in about 6 weeks. After your 10% you figure out your next goal. The support of the others at the weekly meetings really works! And instead of counting calories, you count points, a number figured out based on the fiber, calories, and fat of food. You are aloud a certain amount of points per day depending on your weight. For me, it is MUCH easier than counting calories.

Anyway, I would like to get under 175 as my first goal, which I can't even remember the last time I weighed that. It seems like a like a lot but I take it day by day and week by week, averaging about 1-2 lbs. a week. As long as it does not go up I am happy!

As far as working out goes I do Tae Kwon Do 4 days a week (just b/c I can't get enough of it)and try to get to the gym the other days. I love the yoga class, the stairmaster and treadmill. Although I can't wait until the spring b/c my boyfriend got me a bike for xmas and I can't wait to ride. (BTW he is a tri-atholete/workout nut and he makes me sick!) My biggest tip is make sure to have fun doing whatever activity you do. And WW only requires you to do 20 min. of activity a day! And you eventually can earn extra food points for working out! That is what saves me!

Anyway, I highly recommend Weight Watchers. It is well worth the money and if you have the dedication it is as good as done. If you don't, it will come with time.

Thanks for listening to me blab on about my weight loss journey. I hope this helps some of you. Best of luck with your journies. i would love to hear about your progress and if any of you start WW, would love to hear from you.

Take care and God bless!
Christy

Laura

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 09:53 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fatchic Jenny: (which by the way is way too harsh on yourself)
I feel the exact same way and really need help. I have been gaining weight the last 6 months and can't stand myself anymore. I would love to be in a buddy group.

Laura

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 10:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Becky- I am also 18 and would love to be your weight-loss buddy!! I really need some motivation and moral support. Let me know if you are still interested.

Butterfly13 (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 01:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, I am 5'4.. i lost 65 pounds about two years ago and I was really happy for awhile... i was a little over 200lbs.I am now down to about 16o but would like to be around 140..any advice (healthy) for how to get these last 20 off would be greatly appreciated..you can email me or whatever. I know exercise works the best, but anything else would be great too..or just simply some support. Good luck to everyone out there in the same position.

caz (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 07:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys,
wow - I just stumbled on this site by accident and I'm amazed at the amount of support that everyone is giving each other. It's great...
I've read all messages posted and so much of it rings true for me too.
Some of you are doing so well, and this buddy groub is such a great idea. I'm hoping some (or any) of you can help me out.
Basically, my story is I'm 27yrs old, 5'6, and 196lbs. I wasn't always this heavy - only 4 years ago I was a happy 140lbs. This was a perfect weight for me. I'm working full time, but am doing a degree by night - funny enough, this weight gain started almost 4 years ago. I know what the problem is really - I began eating more for energy. But really, I must be eating a lot more than my energy requirements cos since then I've been getting progressively heavier and heavier. This is really getting me down now at this stage, I can't even bear to look at myself in the mirror. Can any of you recommend to me what I can do? What can I eat in the evening to give me energy but that won't add inches to my waist? Also, because my days are so full, I genuinely don't have time to exercise - so really diet is the only way to go! I've tried the low-carb diet - I lost 12lbs on this in 6 weeks, but then I had lost any energy I had. I need some kind of diet where I still have the energy for work during the day and college at night.
Now there's a challenge for someone.
Guys, I would really appreciate the support - and this site is exactly what I need to keep me on the road to my perfect weight.
Thanks for listening/reading!!
Caroline.
P.S. I'm from ireland, anyone else?

Tina Camp

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 06:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone,
My name is Tina. I am 32 years old, married with three children ages 13,9,7. I stumbled upon this "Buddy Group" and I think it is an awsome idea. I am in need of losing some serious weight. I am 5'0" and I recently weighed in at a whopping 205lbs. That is horrible for my height especially because of the fact that I was 105lbs wearing a size 3-5 jeans 15 years ago. Anyway, I have finally took a really good look at myself in the mirror and what is looking back at me is a disgusting sight so, this past Friday, March 14, 2003 I joined a weight loss workout group called Curves. I start my first workout session this Monday (Tomorrow). Curves is a very affordable health club that is for "WOMAN ONLY" I love the idea of that! It is also for woman with the problem of being "Over Weight" you won't see any of those already skinny ladies there wearing those tight leggins with the thong body suit over it like you would see in the fancy health clubs. The fact of it being woman only is great because I don't like feeling like any men are watching me. Anyway, if you don't mind I would love to join this "Buddy Group" I tink we can all be each others supporters. What do you say? Can I join. PLEASE? :-)

SilviaVillarreal (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 11:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone,

One of the things that changed my life was reading the Sugar Busters Book. That was an eye- opener about simplex carbs. I lost pounds and feel great following that way of eating! But I also incorporated the MNS Advocare vitamins and shakes for breakfast and feel fabulous. I have lost a total of 77 pounds. I was pregnant and went up to 207 and size 14 being only being 5'2. It was horrible since my feet and knees were even hurting from the weight. I now exercise 1/2 hour every morning and jog three times a week. Sometimes I do the Tae-bo tape once or twice a week if I can't jog for some reason. But doing exercise in the morning is the best thing since there are no excuses or things that get on the way. It is part of my getting ready routine. I still strugle not eating carbs for dinner. It is hard, but not impossible!!! The best thing is to just eat poultry, fish, or chicken and vegetables for dinner preferably before 7:00 or even better 6:00 p.m. If you follow this, I can guarantee you that you will lose weihgt. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit" ~~Aristotle. Keep it up and good luck!!!

Heidi Fleminger (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 07:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all you wonderful people. I have been having a real binge these last three days and been involved in a pity party and because of all your great advice all I can say right now is that I'm feeling much better and of course I don't feel alone anymore.

Charybdes

Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 06:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A buddy system is a great idea. I'm starting the Sun Slim Diet. It's my 2nd day. I weigh 139 and would like to go down to 115-120. I eat 5 meals a day and it doesn't make me hungry. I will keep you all posted. Good luck to all of you!

Carmen Burk

Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 11:03 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I'm trying to learn more about carbohydrates and how much I should consume per day. I am wondering how many grams of carbs. should a person with a moderate activity level consume per day?

diet

Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 04:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Worry More About Calories than Carbohydrates.
I know that you can't eat more than 20 carbs to follow the low carb plan , but I do not know how many you should eat.

Good Luck!

Heidi Fleminger

Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 07:09 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am on Day 16 unbinged and I have had a lot of help in all places. I've lost 11 kilograms to date and would still like to lose another 5kgs. I wanted to start cycling again but I've caught a cold from someone so I'll wait until the weather warms up. Thank to all of you and Thank You G-d because that has helped me get through the last 2 weeks.

Shummie

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 07:28 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I'm probably about a hundred pounds overweight myself. My metabolism went to heck after spending seven months on prednisone some years back and I've had a weight problem every since. *sighs sadly*

I have been slowly changing some of my lifestyle to due to issues of having constant migraines as well. I don't drink soda's at all now, don't drink caffiene and gave up on the last bad habit i had five months ago and that was smoking.

But now i feel like a nervous wreck and all I want to do is eat for some reason which is a little bit abnormal for me because I didn't eat all that much while I was a smoker, go figure, so now to add insult to injury by giving up all the bad things that cause problems, I seem to have an even bigger battle ahead and frankly it seems so big.

I could use some support to be honest, somebody who understands how I feel. Being a hundred pounds overweight is very overwhelming and very depressing to say the least.

Elizabeth Reynolds

Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 01:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also just happened to stumble upon this sight. I want to be a buddy and receive encouragement from each and every one of you. My story is I am 30 almost 31 I was small all my life, even after the birth of my child, I went back down to 135. I am 5 3 and now weigh over two hundred pounds. I had gained 90lbs in a 4 month period. I was diagnossed with poly cistic ovary disease. It is controlled by eating healthy and lossing weight. The only down fall is weight gain is a side effect. I have to make eating healthy and exercise at least for 1hr and 1/2 to 2hrs per day. I joined weight watchers and lost about
33 lbs now I am 33lbs lighter but kind of burnt out. I make sure if nothing else I drink my water, because it does help me a lot. The key to PCOS is a life style chng. I just need motivation to keep going. Please if you have some encouraging words, let me know. Thank you

twalla

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:49 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have finally lost 3 pounds. Gee...only about 22 more to go. I am so sick of being fat. I'm achey all the time. No clothes look good on me. I'm rarely comfortable. The 3 pounds went away because I started drinking about 8 pints of plain water a day. (This was in addition to any juice or coffee or what have you). Now I'm gonna try adding 2 apples a day.
I'm totally making this theory up, but it seems to be working. I eat pretty well...I eat something greene at every meal. No junk food, not alot of sugar. But I love things like bread and cheese. who doesn't. I like beer, too. I can't tell myself that there's food that I am not allowed to eat, or I'll just get obsessed with that food.

I used to go to the gym 3 days a week, and walk or do yoga the other days. Then my mom had a heart attack and I was taking care of her when she got out of the hospital and I got depressed and started self medicating with croissants and grilled cheese sandwiches. All the work I'd done soon went to crap.

So now I'm about 150. (5'3") and I loathe the idea of stepping in the gym...but I'm going....today.... as soon as I finish writing this.

I'll just go on the tread mill for 10 min, and then the eliptical trainer for 10 min and then do some yoga and come home. then i'll try to act casual like it never happened.

anne murray

Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 05:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi all anne from ireland here i would love to join your buddy group i need to lose approx 30 lbs and i find it very difficult as i have gotten older i am 44 and 5ft 3 tall
i have been diganosed recently with arthritis and my dr. recomends weight loss as the most effective means of treating this long term . additionally exercise is also recomended.therein lies my problem i really dont like exercise i quite like dancing but no classes available in my area at present i would love to hear from people with similar difficulties and perhaps we could provide support to each other.

Loco

Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 10:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok people I need help :-(. a month ago my bro made me a dare and that dare was to gain 20 pounds and loose them in 3 months,so me being the idiot I took the challenge or dare and now I gotta loose them and get back to my normal shape (flat stomach). I do 10 to 20 minutes lifting weights and 30 minutes of sit-ups or some times 30 minutes of abdominal or twist crunches and always 30 minutes of sit-ups,I usually get hungry at night so I only eat at night and if I'm hungry in the afternoon I'll have a little something to eat and also drink plenty of fluids (Water). Is this gonna help me loose these 20 pounds or no:-(. I would go joggin but its winter right now and the temp's bellow 30 degrees so I was thingking of doing 30 minutes of running up and down the stairs at home. If I continue to do this will I be able to loose the 20 pounds and maybe more in 3 months???????

Tamie Christin May

Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 01:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi my name is Tamie, I live in Augusta Georgia, I dont really look like I should lose weight but I've been gaing and losing weight like a roller coster since i was 13. My light at 13 was 126 and my now heaviest 160. I am a full figured girl...36ddd (iknow thats personal but i'm not being a pervert) bra size and a ghetto booty to match (as the guys would say) So thats where most of my weight lies. I would like to lose 30lbs so maybe I can get into the military... I'm 19 yrs old I thought I was around 5'4" but army recruiter told me I was 5'2.5" so who knows. My new years resolution: lose the weight ofcourse but now i'm on the atkins diet ... and will be trying the whole Apple Cider Vinegar thing as well. So I'll cross my fingers... maybe I'll see some improvements soon. Well, I'll kit. Talk to you soon.

Wanting to lose the weight,
Tamie
P.S. feel free to email me Tamie_May@yahoo.com

Kelly Seafield
Username: hippylurves

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 06:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey there, this is kelly from England. Just stumbled across ure group. could I join please??? I am a 18 year old about to start my first year at uni.
I don't really have all that much weight to lose, but I find it really hard around exam times to, well basically keep my weight under control. I either eat too much or too little. Im also a strict vegetarian. So I find my diet can be some what boring and bland.
Any ways any advice from any one will be recieved with interest.

sassy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 11:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I really need to join a buddy group like this one.I am 5'4 and I weight 210 lbs, although I have never said that new (highest) number out loud. I feel like I have lost the battle and every year it gets worst. I thought 198 lbs was the highest I would ever see 4 years ago and the BIG 200 scared me. I said I would never get there and at that time I went down to 173 lbs taking phen phen and exercising. But somehow I have crept back up and now have passed what I thought was my all time highest weight. I just do not know what else to do. I have plenty of exercise equipment but no motivation. I just got a stationary bike and have been riding it for 30-40 mins a day for 4 days now but that does not seem to be enough to reach my goal of loosing 70 lbs. I know you have to take 1 day at a time but 70 lbs is my ultimate goal and I have never even had a higher goal. It seems impossible to me right now. I hear about people loosing 100's of lbs and I don't see how when I have never lost more than 25 lbs at one time. I need encouragement, advise, a solution, motivation but most of all I need results Somebody help me see THE way!

tae
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, I am about 35 lbs overweight. I'm 16 years old. I want to lose weight so much but all my friends are pretty thin and eat whatever they want so whenever i'm with them i do too. I know it's not good but it's always so tempting. I'm on the swim team and when i do that i slim down alot but i need to start eating better. It's so hard! Any tips?

HeatherCComer
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 03:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone. Wow, after reviewing this site I see that there are others out there that feel the way I do. Glad we are in this together. I need help guys. I lost sixty pounds when I was a sophomore in high school and kept it off for a while but have gained it back over the past five years. I now weigh more than I ever did but everyone says I am crazy because I don't look it. I am 5'11" and I carry it well but I know it is there. It makes me sad and consumes my mind all day long! Everyday. How, mentally do I beat this and what diets have you guys found that you adore most? Diets suck point blank- I know the answer lies in lifestyle change. I do well and then screw up and get mad at my self. I used to be so thin and didn't even know it. Now I am bigger and can't appreciate what I used to be. I am scared of how this is affecting my life. I want other things on my mind other than 'am I fat'? and such. I want to beat this. Anybody willing to give advice? Take care everyone

Annette Jackson
Username: annette

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 10:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys, Annette is here and weighing in at 210. I would love to lose about 60 pounds. Something I have been battling all my life and I started working out on Nov. 3. I was to ashamed to go in YMCA which I have been a member for about 6 years but kept putting it off but I went because I have to start somewhere. The reason that I was ashamed is because the last time the staff saw me I was about 35 pounds lighter. So I would love to join this buddy group because I need all the support I can get.

Christine
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 07:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or excersises for my stomach and butt. I don't need to loose too much, but I was just wondering so that I could stay fit. Please get back asap..thanks, and good luck with your goals!

Destiny
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 01:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey! my name is destiny and i am 5'6 and 162 lbs. im looking to lose about 27 lbs so i can improve my athletic performance, also for my self esteem its hard for me to control when people keep pushing it down my calling my "porky' or whatever. I am a varsity cheerleader looking to lessen my fat content, but build muscle so i can perform better! :-) so i would love any support anyone offers! thank you!

Francine Tufano
Username: francine

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 07:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All! I am in total depression because of my weight gains. In 2 years I have gained 68 lbs. (8lbs. in the last 3 weeks) I do have hypothyroidism but my blood levels are in range with my meds. I am so desperate I am looking into a gastric bypass. I don't know how to stop this weight gain. PLEASE help, I am extremely desperate. Thank you Francine

David Lee
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 07:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I just wanted to share some information I thought you ladies might want to know. Now, in my opinion, my wife is already in pretty good shape. I donít even think she needs to lose any weight, but just recently she lost some weight on accident. She tried this new weight line and let me tell you she is looking good. All her friend are fussing about it. Me, being the curious guy I am, I did some digging and let me tell you that the technologies I found is just amazing. I am very impress and excited. I think there might be something here. Email me if you want some more info. Thanks for listening.

David Lee
noulife@mysynergy.net

Joy Karemesi
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 02:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, my name is Joy. I am 21 years old from Kenya. I weigh 80 Kgs and I am obviously obese as I am 5'4!!!! I would really like to loose weoght. My ideal weight is 65 KGS. I would like to know how many calorties is contained in a plate of food eg rice,pancakes,spaghetti,mashed potatoes etc. Thanks

Matt from CA
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 06:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all. My name is Matt and I'm a 22 year old male. I'm 5'5'' and 190 lbs. I want to lose 50 lbs in order to be in my desired weight. However, I'm afraid that I will get excessive skin. Is my concern justified? Thanks to all

PatsyM
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 08:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Matt, you need to take a product that has properties that burn fat and build muscle. In doing so, you will lose weight.

Patsy from La.

Linda G.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 09:25 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need help with my 19 year old daughter. She is a college student and she has been gaining weight. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but my husband and I are so concerned about her health. How do you gingerly approach the subject without sending her in a downward spiral? She used to exercise quite a bit and lost a lot of weight, but that was years ago.

peggy may
Username: bmg3454

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 09:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am over weight......I am 6 foot female weighing in at aprox 170, I am a size 12 and wish i was a size six..... i will do anything to be thinner.. i have tried to much and it just wasn't sticking with me... Right now I exersice about 45 minutes a day and only alow 1200 calorie and 12 grams of fat in my body...i could use any advice for the fat to roll off i need to BE thinner.. my ultimate goal is to have dropped at least two dress sizes by bikini season!!! Please help me

Sarah McCarthery
Username: sarah

Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 05:32 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone! I am 5'5" and I weigh around 154.5lbs and I was skinny up until the end of 7th grade and I hit depression and got really fat and ever since then I have been trying to lose weight but I have no motivation from anyone! So I was wondering if I could join so I can lose weight with you guys too, hopefully,
Sarah

Amy Byrd
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 05:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! I am 19 years old and I weigh 160 lbs at 5'5". Since starting college I have gained 40lbs. I really need to lose this weight because of health issues. I know that 2000 calories a day is what the Nutrition Facts are based on. Does anyone know how many you should be taking in to lose weight? HELP!

Jamie Woodson
Username: jdubheat32

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 01:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I am 21 years old and i weigh 295 and I'm 6'4". Since graduating high school i have gained alot of weight. I wrestled and played football in high school and weighed 190-215 pounds. I am trying to lose around 50-75 pounds. I have decided to get involved in athletics again sice that always kept me in good shape. I wanna lose weight before I begin boxing. I am going to be using the Bodybuilders Shopping list I saw in the forum. I have AIM... JDubHeat32

Sarah Smith
Username: lookingood

Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 01:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey! I'm 5'7 and I weigh 175 pounds, and I wear a size 16 jean. I'm planning on loosing 20 pounds in 2 months by cutting down on calories and carbs. I've been depressed about my weight, and I'm surrounded by friends who complain they are fat when they are less than half my size.
I'd love to talk with some of you. I've been in need of a buddy group who shares the same problems as me. Hopefully I'll talk with you soon!
~Sarah

r velez
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 08:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello i would like to join this group. i am not that much overweight but would like to be smaller than i am now. the size i was before kids. 120bls. i have 15lbs to lose. i have been working out for 11 weeks at least 3 times a week and have not lost a lb. i am very discouraged. i realize muscle weighs more than fat but come on. but if that is the case my clothes should be fitting differently. i don't drink sodas and have cut down on my sweets and eat pretty good. any suggestions or input?

gemmaloulou
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey people, i stumbled across this group and i reeeaaally need some help with weight loss. I am getting married july 23rd 2005. I had my dress fitting today and was completely embarrassed when we couldnt even get the zip to move :-(
the lady also told me she wouldnt be able to get the dress taken out that much and that i need to loose about a stone, or at least a dress size. soooo, 6 weeks and 15lb's to loose. any ideas? i have started gym (been once so far) but can only get there once a week. im 5ft2 and around 63kgs........

Tamara
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 05:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenny, I'm in the same boat as you. I have no motivation and on top of it, I'm addicted to sweets. (Oreos, Chocolate, Ice Cream) I'm 34 yrs. old, about 5'7, and weigh about 175lbs. I carry most of my weight in my legs and arms. I wish I could take some of the fat from my legs and arms and stick in my boobs LOL! Anyways, if anyone has any tips on what I should eat or be doing in terms of exercise, I would welcome it. I do have a treadmill, I just never feel like walking on it! LOL sad huh? Anyways, good luck Jenny and just remember you're not alone!

zoi wachtel
Username: z_grl

Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 11:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you know where exactly you need to loose the weight? if i knew that i could probably help, or at least stear you in the right direction. ; )

sarah beames
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi my name is sarah. and ive just managed to loss 2 stone. it hasnt been easy and i do cheat on a regular basis. but the key is to loss it slowly. defiantly do not starve yourself it will not work, no if and buts it just simply will not work.make food colourful and interesting. the food wont taste as delicious as a cream cake or chocolate bar to start with but after a while your body reconises healthier foods and then youll start to crave them. its a change of eating habits and lifestyle. i know BORING! but really its not.the change can happen. to good books to read are, Gillian Mckeith u r wot u eat and also the food doctor,i do still struggle so i have a bloww out and start again.

Cody R.
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 10:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My name is Cody. I am 6'1" and about 193 lbs. I really want to lose weight around my mid section cuz thats where all the fat is. I have also been doing sit ups and push-ups everynight before i go to bed. Are there any other excersises i could do that would help me lose weight in my stomach area. I was at 211 lbs in june but have lost weight since then. I really want to be comfortable with my body. I'm a senior in high school this year. I have always been the "fat kid" and i'm tired of it so i would appreciate any help u guys can give me. Thanx.

JACKIEJ
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 01:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI IM 39YRS.I DONT HAVE MANY FRIENDS TO REALLY TALK TO ABOUT LOOSING WEIGTH NOBODY WANTS TO DO IT CURRENT WEIGHT 265LBS DIABETIC DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START NO WILL POWER I NEED HELP

tonielea
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 02:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, so new at this. I am chubby, 5'7 and 170 lbs. just started a gym - going 4 days as week 45 mins of cardio - this is going to be my fourth day and I see nothing yet... If I keep this up, will I for sure see results? I am frustrated with myself and I want results - I am going to continue this but need encourgement to keep going and know forsure I will lose weight

Cynthia Springs
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 08:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi I'm Cynthia and I'm 5'1 and 155lbs I have a problem I eat when I'm not even hungry, and sometimes it can really make me sick, like feeling nauses, but I don't stop I just keep eating everytime the kids want to eat, and everytime it's morning, lunch, dinner, and even in between.

Steven
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 08:34 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi.... Does anybody need a little encouragement, I am Male 48 and weigh 189, been around the block a few times. I know what willpower and self-control it takes not to over eat and eat the right foods, and also the determination and committment needed for an exercise routine. I will be checking back here... Steve

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information