Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Why are some people natural sticks?? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

SomeoneAgain

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 09:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why do some people naturally have a fast metabolism? I mean people that eat junk and take a walk to the mailbox and that's it! It's all gone then! That's all they have to do, and they are always like a tree branch--stick thin! Why??????????????????????????????? Grr...

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 10:13 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know, it's completly not fair, But tall, thin people have actually use more calories, because they're taller, they have more body mass. You know, someone who is 5'10" would weigh 150 lbs. and look thin, but a 5'tall person would be way overweight if they weighed that much. What I'm trying to say is, a taller person weighs more w/out looking like it, and burns more calories cause of it's bigger size, than a 5'tall person at their ideal weight of 100 lbs. Does this make sense at all? I'm not explaining it very well.

gabs

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 02:29 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will be back to give a test to see if you are a slow burner ...fast burner or a mixed burner...I myself am a mixed burner which is only 10% of the population. I read a lot of health books and this one I came accross is the very best. I will post these ?'s tomorrow with the results in each catagory. I will make up a forum just on that. I will post the name of the book for you to check it out. It has helped me shed a lil more than 10+ inches over all in 6 weeks. I will be back with more....*smile*

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 11:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Metabolism is pretty much genetic. The only thing you can do is try to quicken yours. This means exercise and eat 6 or more small healthy meals. If you do not eat or you try to eat only a certain amount of calories a day, your metabolism will slow down even more because your body goes into starvation mode. If you eat healthy snacks every couple of hours (not full meals) and you exercise (particularly cardio), after a few months the weight will start to come off naturally. I went on a prescribed diet with exercise and after 3 months the weight started to slip off quite quickly. In fact, it was around Christmas time when this happened and even though I messed up the diet, turkey and chocolate and all, I was still losing weight. You just have to stick with it. As for high metabolism in slim people, I know what you mean. My boyfriend is very slim and eats crap all day long. He can eat 2 big chocolate bars, sit on the couch all day and never gain a pound. When he plays drums for 40 min at a show he goes down a whole belt hole. Drives me crazy. The height thing is correct, but there are still short skinny people. My bf is only 5'9 and at a steady 135 no matter how much he eats. Not fair, but we are all built differently. We CAN change our metabolism, but we will always have to work at it. Sucks, but its true.

Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 01:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, your right.

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 10:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i heard salsa speeds up your metabolism. is this true or just a myth?

Nick

Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 07:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Genetics plays a huge role in who were are, from eye color to weight and height. Most people are generally not genetically conditioned to be thin all their lives, however some people do have a tendancy to remain at a steady weight, regardless of their eating habits. What's important to note, though, is even if you're skinny you can still be very unhealthy. If you eat poorly, drink/smoke/do drugs very often, and don't exercise, it doesn't matter if you're thin. The goal is to become a healthy person, losing weight is nice, but it's not the end all of what it means to be healthy.

If you ever watch triathalons, you'll see a lot of people who aren't "skinny," in the waif model/pretty boy version we see in magazines and television. However, these people are incredibly healthy and physically able to achieve very amazing feats with their bodies.

I understand that this is a weight loss forum and I think it's great that people can come here for advice about losing/maintaining weight, but I think the focus should be less on outwardly appearances and more on becoming a healthier active person. I applaud everyone that's lost weight and kept it off, but it saddens me if the the only reason for doing this is based on "looks." Feeling good about yourself is a great thing, but not if it only comes from how other people perceive you. Focus on yourself and who and what you want to be, not on others and what they want you to be.

As for salsa, it's a great cardio workout, so it can increase metabolism and help in weight loss, just like boxing, swimming, aerobics, or any other number of routines that involve using the majority of your body for extended periods of times. :)

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 04:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Um, I think she meant the food salsa? Yes, I've heard that eating hot/spicy food can speed up your metabolism, I don't know how effective it is tho. Plus of course you have to eat the food(calories)!

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 02:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I read that hot spicy foods do help with weight loss. and yes dacing includes salsa as nick mentioned. =]

Kelleey Comeaoaoe
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 09:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SPicy foods do help you with your weight loss, and i heard that Indian food, which is always spicy is great for you. They only use spices.. duhh... and they use vegetables and alot of meat. If you are a vegitarian dont try indian, you might vomit... sorry... any ways.... indian food is low on calories try it, it might help you out... ohh and i got a question, if my older sister is bigger , 5'2'' and maybe 165 pounds at the age of 15 does that mean im going to be that way to, she eats like a pig i used to eat alot, but it was all healthy but still, i am 107 pounds and i am 5'3 1/2'' at age 13, is that unhealthy and if i still grow up tall as i am will i get fatter like my sister?

Steven Travaglione
Username: skeeeve

Post Number: 6

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 09:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lets all remember that genetics dont PREVENT certain people from being fit- it just puts them at a disadvantage. Its perfectly possible to be born into a fat family and be very thin, as long as you eat the right things and exersise- its VERY hard but not impossible!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information