Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Starting college and a sport < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 04:22 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Over the last 6 monthes I've gone from 130 lbs to 113. I did that by going on the Special K diet, buying healthy cookbooks, and walking or running usually 3-4 times a week. The thing is that I am starting college in three weeks and also I am trying out for the soccer team which I have been playing since I was 9. However, every fall when soccer season rolls around, I always end up gaining weight because of the pasta parties, and carbohydrates that coaches encourage for energy. My biggest fear is gaining the weight back and feeling terrible. If anyone has any little bit of advice for how to maintain my weight this fall, I would be more than happy to read it!

Jenavive

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 09:06 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't worry about it. It takes a lot of calories to gain even 1 lb., 3500 to be exact. That's a lot of spaghetti. As long as you continue to do what you have been to lose weight the rest of the time, you're not going to gain weight, exept for maybe right after the carbo.loading, but you can make up for it easily by doing what you have been. BTW, I think it sucks that your coach makes you do that, Why don't you see if you can talk to him about it. You know, I would think it's your choice if you want to do it or not, and that he couldn't force you to.

virginia
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 03:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have flabby thighs, and flabby arms I weight 193
I want to lose weight and tone these two areas. Where do I start? and how soon can I see results I will buy some equipment but don't know what to buy...HELP

Jumpsoda
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1) You cannot spot reduce, when you gain fat it comes on in layers all over your body (some areas more than others). So when you loose it comes off the same way.
2) Muscle weighs a lot more than fat yet takes up a lot less space. Do you know that by the BMI (Body Mass Indicator) standards Russell Crow, Brad Pitt, Keaneu Reeves would be considered overweight bordering on obese for their height. They weigh a lot for their size but it is because of lean muscle and not fat.
3) If I asked you to go to the store and buy me 10 lbs. You would ask me "10 lbs of what?" and think I was nuts. The same thing when you go on a starvation diet, what are you loosing. You are loosing a lot of water weight (hence that quick initial weight loss). Then after that sure some fat but also a lot of muscle weight as well. You are starving or hungry all the time and your body metabolism slows down. Then finally when you start eating again you not only gain back the original fat but also some extra fat as well because you have lost some of your muscle mass from the starvation.
4) The key is you have to exercise!!!!! You do not have to kill your-self but something long 45-60 minutes at a conversational pace. Where you can get out maybe a sentence then have to take a breath. You also have to exercise. at least 5 times a week.
5) Portion control...eat what you like...but just less of it.
6) 3500 calories equal 1 lb....., you need to burn more calories up then you take in.

bobbt sue
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i weight about 290 iso over weight i had a operation and had to take predisone 20mg 10 aday then after my operation the pain pill with against me . ihave gain 40 pounds in 4 weeks help me please

stephanie west
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 03:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 5'5 an weigh anywhere from 133-137 . Ive been working out for four years now and I love it an hate it at the same time. I havnt seem to notice results in over 6 months . I try to watch what I eat, run ,and weight train 5 times a week. I seem to be able to gain weight by smelling somthing I thought working out is suppose to speed up you matabilizum. Is my weight Ideal for my height an medium build. confused

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information