Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Drinking water to lose weight?? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 14 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 05:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I heard that by drinking 4-8oz glasses of water within 30 minutes in the morning, 4-8oz glasses of water within 30 minutes in the afternoon and the same amount between 5 and 6 in the evening leads to a flushed system and rapid weight loss. Of course folled by a health diet and exercise. Sounds great...has anyone ever tried this or know of anyone who has done it with remarkable results? I also looked it up on the internet. I found info about it but I would like to know if anyone here has tried this.

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 7 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 10:34 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You would just be losing water weight...that is all. HOWEVER, drinking lots of water throughout the whole day will keep you from mistaking thirst for hunger. Many people eat becuase they think they are hungry, but they are just thirsty. SO I guess you could lose weight if you drank some water when you feel hungry to see if that is the culprit!

Candace

Rating: 
Votes: 11 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 11:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you drink ice water(with a temp of 0 degrees C) you will burn calories as you bring the water's temp up to your body's temp. So make sure it's cold water that you drink!

becky

Rating: 
Votes: 11 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 08:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

im not an expert or anything, but i think if u followed a healthy diet and exercised... you would lose weight anyway. no matter how much water u drink in 30 minutes, or pills you take, or anything like that. but what do i know?

Darrien

Rating: 
Votes: 18 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 10:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a weight loss counselor and you should never drink more that 12 glasses of water a day.It will wash out your Electrolites.and mess with your blood cells..I don't advise this .. Stick to a weight loss plan and exercise.. you can not snap your fingers and lose weight it takes time and effort, trust me I lost 120 lbs...

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 01:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 19 years old and over weight. I started working about about 2 months ago, and i lost about 20 pounds. I do Drink alot of water, more then I should, but I eat fruits and veggies too. I work out 5 days a week, and lift weights 3 times a week. Is there anything else that I could being doing to increase the weight loss process??

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 01:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sounds like you are doing great to me...do you think you are missing anything in your diet to help you lose weight?
the quicker you lose weight the quicker it will come back on after you get to your goal!
Good luck!!!

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 06:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drinking at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water per day that is ice cold will help with the diet and excercise program to lose weight?

kimmie

Rating: 
Votes: 15 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 06:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I lost 120 lbs in 6 months by eating vegetables, tuna fish, turkey, cottage cheese fruit. I also drank alot of water about a gallon a day. When i feel bloated and am retaining water i will drink over that amount and fast and the weight comes right off......up to 10 lb.s in 2 days. So yes i say to definetly replace soda and juice with water and you will notice results quickly........

Anonymous

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 02:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just started an apple cider vinegar diet...does anyone know if this really works? I find that it does help curb my craving for sweets. Has anyone else tried this?

Anonymous

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 02:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried this apple cider vineger diet for a year . I did not lose weight though but there were other benefits which I did not anticipate. I had a problem of having chronic tonsilitis and frequent flu, that problem stopped for ever. My immune system improved a lot. If I do get a flu its only once in a year/two years. Even my own GP asked if I took my tonsils out. My skin became beautiful and glowing, everybody commented about this. These were my observations about cider vineger diet, But honestly I never lost weight.

Jen

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For the people who have tried the Apple Cider Vinager diet? Did you feel more energy?? Did you try it alone, or combine it with exercise and a healthy diet? What form did you use, pills or liquid? I am thinking about trying and have read many different acounts on the diet. Some are all for it, and others are dead against it. Just thought I would ask someone's opinion who has actually tried it. Thanks for the information.

Jen

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For the people who have tried the Apple Cider Vinager diet? Did you feel more energy?? Did you try it alone, or combine it with exercise and a healthy diet? What form did you use, pills or liquid? I am thinking about trying and have read many different acounts on the diet. Some are all for it, and others are dead against it. Just thought I would ask someone's opinion who has actually tried it. Thanks for the information.

Shaz (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've tried the apple viniger cider diet and felt sick instantly... so hey that could be a great way to lose weight.... Drink apple cider and then throw up !!

jessica burgtorf (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 01:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

has anyone tried the apple cider vinger pills??did ya all loose anyweight??i wanna try it to see if it works!!!

Debbie (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 
Votes: 9 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 09:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I drink a few tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
in a glass of water everyday. I do it because it's good for a lot of things (not just to help with losing weight).It strengthens the heart and lowering cholesterol levels and high blood pressure which contributes to heart attacks and strocks. It's full of potassium and helps fight cancer. It's just good for your body over all in many other ways.

anonomus (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 08:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

im trying the apple cider vinegar diet right now and im doin it because my friend said it helped her loose weight.

(Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 09:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have dropped dress sizes but the scale doesn't show it. Why am I losing inches but not pounds?

(Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 09:13 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thats a very simple answer to your question. Weight is not everything and if you have been excerising then you have developed your muscles. To be honest, its not our weight that bothers us, its out FAT! And on that note muscle weighs more than fat! Just be happy to be 2 dress sizes smaller!

missgmcclu (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 07:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

green tea: is it truely good for you. How about the green tea tablets at walmart. how are they for a diet. i was told it gets rid of toxins in your body. plus gives you energy. has anyone tried it. also, curves appetite while burning fat. all of it 100% good for you!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 02:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Water... Drink It Up!
I learned this from a tennis coach years ago and followed it... DRINK WATER before, during and after matches... I mean a lot! Thirst is slow to be appreciated. It is such an insidious monster. When you are at your ďmaxĒ and nothing is working, a lack of water will likely be the ultimate cause. Try this before your next game or workout: Deliberately overhydrate. Youíll see a big difference in how you perform and how you feel.

livehealthy (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 03:49 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drinking six to eight 12-ounce glasses of water daily promotes healthy functioning of all the bodyís systems and encourages further weight loss. Juices and other sweetened beverages add significant amounts of calories and sugar to your diet.

Nosracer061 (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 09:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Im a high school student and I'm 165-170 pounds & 16 yrs old and i need the best type of diet for a football\baseball player with out looseing energy but still be able too loose a lot of weight. Any ideas?

Anonmous (Unregistered Guest)

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 02:01 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Iam 13 years old and i want to lose some weight but in the right way by drinking lots of water and eating right!! Is it ok if i am drinking way over 9 glasses of 8oz waters?And also does drinking a lot of water help your complection?

Mark Fortune

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 12:58 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

listen to me if you eat a diet that is full of water and asain foods, the wight will drop right off. I do not mean the greasy american chinese foods that we are used to eating. trust i lost 30 pounds in 3 months.

laurajones

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 07:38 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drinking Water has lots of benefits and each person needs to find the maximum that they need to drink every day. There is no magic limit, but everyone should drink at least 8 8oz glasses each day. I drink over a gallon of water daily because I have had kidney stones for the last 10 years. If I don't they are allowed to grow and not filtered as they should be. I adjusted up and down until I found the right mix. It has helped me to maintain the weight I am at and now am starting a limited food, high activity diet.

Anonymous

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 11:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

drinking water throughout the day is very important other wise your cells get dehydrated and thier membranes dry out. Just think of how a plant looks when you have forgotten to water it. Drinking water helps to cleanse the liver and kidneys and aids in weight loss also helps to reduce the chances of getting degenerative diseases. But avoid drinking large amounts of liquid with any meal as this dilutes the digestive juices and makes it harder to digest your food.

physiques

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 - 08:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Water has many benefits and drinking a gallon a day not only will help flush toxins from the body but it will indirectly burn approx. 300 calories through metabolic process as its flushed through your body. As far as stripping your body of minerals, not a big concern assuming you're using a good multivitamin and mineral supplement along with eating healthy during your diet change. And always include exercise involving resistance training and cardio.

Mrs. ganesh

Rating: 
Votes: 7 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 02:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

drinking 6 glasses of 4 ounces first thing in the mornin without even brushing ur teeth helps. it helped me. when i did it, i lost wt , my skin cleared up and for glow i used to drink vegetable juices (strained) without condiments.try the water for sure , it makes u feel lighter and also keeps sugar and cholestrol levels low. the water therapy is sure good for young teenagers as it clears pimples and acne. i had a lot of them and they all got cleared.

Desiray

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 06:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i am 5 foot 3 145lbs and 12 years old. I know i am too young to go on a diet but i need to lose weight. Espicially since im going into midlle school. Do you have any ideas?

Fatfree2003

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 09:53 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kido, Start by eliminating junk food, make healthy choices. Low fat or not fat. Eat smaller portions, drink more water, about eight glasses a day and exercise more. Walk to school if it is possible, walk to the store etc. small exercise changes at first gradually working your way up. Do stretches while watching favourite tv shows everyday. You'll be surprised at the results. I normally exercisefor an hour five times a week while watching TV. Jogging on the spot for twenty five minutes etc. It has significantly improved improved the way I look and how much I weigh.

Jami

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 10:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Staying away from carbohydrates (pasta, bread, white flour, etc), sugar, and salt (sodium) will help a LOT. Eliment these, and you'll see results. No more junk food. And as Fatfree2003 said, drink more water and exersize more too. Along with more fruits & veggies and no more transfats (margarine, etc).

puba

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 03:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi. im trying to lose weight also, but it is so hard. ive had too kids, and havnt lost the 40 pds from having them both. i know diet and excercise are the key to losing weight, but, i am a junk food junkie. everyone in the house loves sweets. and working out is hard too. i work wierd hours of the day, and the time that im not working, im watching my kids. when do i have time to spend an hour excercising. everyday when i get dressed, i think of how disgusted i look. someone please give me some advice that i can use. thanks!

Sahara

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 04:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If u drink the water too fast, it will go striaght through you. You should drink it throughout the day. Also, eight cups of water is what we need to be healthy and survive, that kind of stuff. If you want to shed the pounds, you'll have to drink alot more than that. Drinking water is only part of it, it won't help you if you still drink alot of pop and coffee and caffeine, those things can actually dehydrate you and soak up essantial vitamins.

SadLilChick

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 10:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey all. =0( I am REALLY upset with myself right now. School starts in one month and I REALLY need to lose weight. I am 16 years old and too fat. OMG it is SO embarassing and frustrating for me. I need some ideas on how to lose weight. I also need some motivation. If anyone can help PLEASE leave me a note on here. I would REALLY aprreciate that.

cassie

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 11:43 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey:-) I know what you mean about wanting to lose weight before school starts. I've always been very body concious of myself too. I've never been "overwieght" as far as my health goes, but it took a lot of hard work to get my body down to the size where I thought it looked most lean and fit. One thing that I'll say if you're someone who has a hard time with dieting is keep a journal of what you eat and drink. That way you can keep track of how many calories you're eating and how many nutrients you are getting as well.

need to lose weight

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 02:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i need to lose a lot of weight. i drink at least a gallon a day sometimes more i haven't been losing weight. why do skinny people sometimes look fatter than me?

rachel
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 09:39 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you all have more will power than me!!, rach

rachel
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 09:41 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you are only 16 and probably not all that overweight, just peer pressure at achool, try asking your parents to make you healthy meals at set times

FRANK FISHER
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 04:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

whatup..im A BIG GUY...16 YEARS OLD..BUT BIG..IM 210 POUNDS..I LIKE SPRTS..BUT I GOT BLUBBER ON ME..BUT IM ACTIVE..EVERYTIME I GO TO DIET..IC AN NEVER KEEP..IT I DONT KNPOW HOW TO FOLLOW ANY DIETS...IM GETING SICK OF BEING BEHIND ALL MY FIRENDS..AND NOT BEING BALE TO CLIMB FENCES..~SIGH~

shannonV
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:57 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI THIS IS SHANNON AND I JUST STARTED ANOTHER DIET ACOUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND IM ALREADY TO GIVE UP. THIS IS LIKE MY 1000TH TIME GOING ON A DIET I CAN NEVER KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF. BUT I GIVE UP REALLY FAST BECAUSE I DONT SEE THE RESUTS THAT I WANT. I DONT WANT TO LOSE EVERYTHING I LOVE ABOUT MY BODY BUT I WANT TO LOSE MY STOMACH BUT THAT IS THE LAST THING TO GO EVERYTIME WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THAT JLO STOMACH AND WAIST????
PLEASE HELP!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello! I'm 13 and i weigh 160 pounds. Everyone says i am heavy because of my height. I'm 5'7" but i wouls still like a slim waist that I can show off! the problem is that I cannot follow a diet because my parents make dinner and whatever it is i have to eat it. also my parents aren't very supportive of me. they always tell me how over weight I am. Its very depressing. I just need some help! please anyone! help me!

jami
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 04:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

new studies show coffee is not bad as long as it has no sugar in it. it boots ur metabolism by 13% and gives you energy and makes you feel full. 2 cups a day is supposed to be good. also having that or taking a bath a 1/2 an hour before exersize gives you lots of energy.

Lisa Reid
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 04:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have started drinking water but I feel bloated and constipated what is the problem.

maureen mcfadden
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 02:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I lost 6 lbs in six weeks by drinking more water
including exercising and eating healthily, (not dieting) no sweets, sugary biscuits, and cakes, just good wholesome food. Try it it works.
maureen.

bethany alise
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

drink lots of water....cut out sweets and carbs ....carbs just make u hungary more u eat more you crave the first cpl days are hard...once your body is totally carb free ..u wont crave them....dont check fat grams or calories....check your carb and sugar intake!!

alex
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 03:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i knnow exactly how you feel...i was 162lbs at easter this year and im only 14...also at skool every1 called me fat all the time,my friends told me not to listen because they didnt think i was fat...so i decided 2 try and lose weight in th summer break i get 2 months and now iv just started skool agen and im 145.5lbs,i feel much better about myself and ive had more positive remarks made about my looks...i stopped drinkin fizzy things like soda and stopped all fast food and i never crave it...just try to eat healthily and only wen hungry eat slowly and try to envisage in your mind being full that makes you feel mentally full....also maybe calorie count because i do that now...im very happy as i am,at skool most people spk 2 me as 'one of them'now and iv onli been called fat once this week which is an achievement for me lol...

sherry little
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 02:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kimmie, can you tell me what a daily eating routine was like for you, while losing 120 lbs? I need to lose the same amount, and am at my wits end!!!
Thanks,
Sherry

Ramsey
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 03:53 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Guys I heard of this diet called "The Negative Food Diet." Has anybody tried it if so how does it work?

unknown
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 05:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have was taking apple cider vinager tablets their natural so i would take three after a meal plus one green tea tablet, and I would do light excercing, walks, some wieghts, and I am not kidding I started to feel great and I started to lose wieght even friends could see the differance.I even ate foods I regularly ate no dieting and only very light sometimes no exercising and in two months I started to look and feel great:-) Today I look great from 290lbs to 190lbs Feb 2003 to present time!!

MARYLOU MORENO
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 12:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I AM TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT MYSELF & THINKING ABOUT THE APPLE CIDER PILLS-I'VE SEEN MY BOSS LOSS SOME WEIGHT ALREADY ? I KNOW I NEED TO EXCERCISE TOO !! BUT ANY ADD'L INFO TO THESE PILLS IS HELFUL.ONE MORE QUESTION IN THE AIR - DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY ARE HARMFUL TO OUR ORGANS LIKE KIDNEYS OR LIVER ?

Cari Rose
Username: cdr219

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 01:12 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I drink water, If I drink too much it makes me sick to my stomach. Is it ok if I add lemon juice to it? No sugar, I hate lemonaid.

jaime
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 12:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have lost about 40 pounds in a year. I am about 5'10 and weigh about 160. I am not fat, I was fat when I weighed 200. All my life I have wanted to look like Barbie. Folks, it ain't happening. I drink about 2 gallons of water a day. I try to limit my sweets and fatty foods. I have been off my exercise program, I hope to start walking soon.

kyrstin
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 11:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi will drinking lots of water help u lose weight ? plus i have been walking, im limited on exercise due to surgery for right now.

George
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 09:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Listen, like all of you young and old, Iíve read just about every post on this board. And being 43 years old I have also looked at many other message boards on this subject. I am about 20 pounds over weight and itís all gone to the gut. I want to fix it. I am finally beginning to see that there is no quick, painless fix. So all of you people that think you are over weight(including me) should try to do the following:
Get more active and eat less more often. Have a good big breakfast, and the rest of the day eat a little snack (with good nutrition) every 2-3 hours. Get water intake at about 4-8oz every 4 hours. This will get your metabolism rockin. Donít eat 90 minutes before bedtime. If you are hungry in the evening, just try to stay with water. Thirst is mistaken for hunger way to often in our lives because we all love to eat. IMHO
Peace_Out
g

Tammi
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 10:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am not a dieter in general, but have learned of some good ways to get your metabulism up...
Ginger- in green tea or any way you can grate it ,garilc & or raw onion everyday(raw if you can handle it - especially the onion, both also have antibiotic properties),applecider in a glasswater or on salads(it also helps muscle spasms), apples, applesauce,(because it has pectin)celery (calcium),cucumber, radish,tomatoes, beets..all contain cleansers and some are diuretics like asparagus.. anything with citric acids before a meal..licethin(in soy beans) and flax oil are good for you when you diet too. Flax has 2 times the omega 3 than salmon does and it breaks down in your body quickly. And, ginger -
Ginger root is good for you in sooooo many ways...

Ken
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 10:45 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know I am supposed to dring at least 64 ounces of water a day. If I drink Iced Tea with no sugar, will I get the same benifit? If Yes, does it matter if it is decaffinated or regular?

Marcus Varela
Username: vini

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 01:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a nineteen year old boy that's a litle chuby and wanted to have a nice body!!! So i'm open for advices of how to loose weight without spending a lot of money and time!!! Please mail me!!!

Yeshua
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 01:15 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pure natural honey is also a fat burner. 1 teaspoon at night before you go to bed and it will help burn fat. Manuka Honey has the highest nutritional value. You can find information about it on the internet. It also tastes great!
Also try Pure Aloe Juice. You can get it at Trader Joes. This has many nutritional benefits and also boosts your immune system.

Andrea
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 10:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey i am 16 and i weight 110 pounds now i know that is not that much and i am not really trying to lose weight but just lose this fat i have on my stomach u know so ppl dont make fun of me anymore for having a lil belly as they call it. so what should i do about this without really losing any weight?

kristy foraker
Username: kristy

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 10:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i got a ? i started a diet 2 days ago today is my 3rd day i have been walking 2 times a day drinking alot of water but not eating all day till dinner time iam 19 years old and iam very very very over weight do you think this diet will help me any ?????

Strider
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 12:10 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
I'm 16(male)and am 310lbs. Is it ok for me to go on the South Beach Diet (low-carb diet)I wanna lose about 100lbs in 5 months. So can you tell me if this diet is ok? If not that diet
what else can I do to lose 100 pounds in 4 months?
Thank You

JV
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 09:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kristy: Always make sure you have breakfast...this helps jump start your metabolism and keeps you going throughout the day. By eating only once a day, especially at night, your body goes into starvation mode, whereby it stores fat. You are ending your day completely starved, which could lead to overeating. Your lightest meal of the day should be dinner. When you do eat dinner, try to eat 2 hours before bedtime. Try a breakfast of oatmeal or peanut butter and whole wheat toast. Try to have a source of protein with each meal. Water is always a good thing...keep it coming. Definitely keep up your exercise. Your body will thank you in the long run. This is probably more information than you want, but I hope it helps.

anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 16 years old and i need to lose about 40 pounds by MAy which is the fastest way to do this?? i Weigh 198

Luba
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 03:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kristy,

You are doing some things right but not all. Eating only once a day will put your body into "fat saving mode" and your metabolizm will slow down. Also your insulin will make your blood sugar drop and you will feel more hungry and eat more in the evening when you shouldn;t be eating much. You will not have as much energy during the day when the energy is very important. Eat balanced small meals during the day, avoid sugar and processed food, eat whole grains, lean meat, lowfat dairy,
fruits and veggies, drink 8 glasses of water a day and take multivitamin. Aside from walking do some weight training since added muscle burns more fat faster. If you can;t go to the gym get some hand weight and do pushups, they use your own body weight. Get also enough sleep and try to be relaxed and happy, the right state of mind helps the body!
Good luck.

lyneth b
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:29 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi -- A little under two weeks ago I quit a lifetime addiction to soda's. I switched from regular to diet about a two years agi but still drabk 5-7 cans a day! For years. I replaced it with water, tea and coffee. Lot's of water. I already feel SO SO different and my skin is already looking good, I am not as hungry anymore and can digest raw veggies again! My diet has way improved.

BUT... I ahve gained almost 10 pounds in less than two weeks! It shows too, though my body seems to also be a little firmer.

I have no idea what is going on!!! Why gain so much weight when I made such a positive change . I am drinking the right amount of water again for the first time in years. I was at a point where even water would give me diarea (sp?) and now I can drink all I want. Also - I am just using stevia (all natural 0 cal) sweetner so no additional sugar has been added to my diet.

So - ANY ideas on why I gained weight so fast. I am so discouraged!

natalie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 10:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I started this low carb diet, because ive heard of others losing weight because of it, and i just wanted to know what food should i or shouldnt eat?
I went to the supermarket and looked for foods that have zero or low carbs and well theres not much...help.. i need something for breakfast lunch and dinner. I only eat breakfast on weekends because i go to school on weekdays, but i drink lots of water and no other liquid.. so far three days no results.. but thats ok i know i need time, but i need help on what to eat,and how many meals a day i should have
thanks for ur help in advance

Here I Go Again...
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone -- I just found this forum and you all have added to my motivation -- if only it would last forever!!

I have been on the yo-yo diet since I was 10 years old and I can tell you everything that works and doesn't work -- I have no problem loosing weight, I just can not ever keep it off!!!

I KNOW this is not healthy! When I loose, I do everything right -- everything healthy. I drink a 1/2 ounce of water for every pound of body weight each day. Brisk walking 30 mins. a day 5 days a week and Aerobic excercise 30 mins a day for 4-5 days per week. 3 healthy meals a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner consisting of semi-low fat diet, fruits, vegies and protein (tuna, chicken, lower fat peanut butter, soy beans, an ocassional egg, ect.). 2-3 small snacks consisting of yogurt, celery & peanut butter, fruit and vegtable juices, protein bar, ect. A multi-vitamin, calcium supplements, fiber supplements, 4tbs. of apple cider vinegar and a soy protein drink daily. No extra salt or sugar (but I don't cut it out completely) Avoiding junk food, fast food and high fatty foods as much as possible (but not completely). I try to add a lot of variety and don't deprive myself of something I want -- especially on special occasions. I read somewhere once that if you REALLY like to eat something that you shouldn't eat on a diet, then eat it -- but only eat ONE bite. The first bite is going to taste the same as the last -- THIS IS SO TRUE and it works when condition your brain to know that there is no reason to eat the whole thing.

MY problem is that I just STOP. I stop eating right. I don't know why, I really do enjoy the healthy foods that I eat during my "dieting" phases. There is nothing that is complicated or distasteful at all. I stop taking my vitamin supplements. I don't know why - it only takes a second. I stop drinking enough water. I don't know why -- I LOVE drinking water. I start eating too much junk food and fast food. I don't know why -- as soon as I eat it, it gives me a stomach ache and leaves me constipated for a week -- and I can't say that I enjoy burgers and a fry more than I enjoy a good salad. I stop excersising. I DO know why -- I get LAZY, LAZY, LAZY. Curling up with a good book or t.v. show gets more and more appealing as time goes on. Probably because I'm not eating right and taking the vitamin supplements, I don't have the energy anymore (not to mention the tummy ache from the buger and fries.)

I have no doubt that I know how to follow a healthy diet plan that WORKS, considering that I have lost 15 - 50 pounds over time frames of 3 mnths - 1 year at least 10 times during the course of the last 19 years of my life.

My biggest weight-loss ever was when I was a sophmore in high school. I went from 195 - 143 in 13 months. I was quite happy where I was, I felt better than wonderful and kept it off for 2 years. Then -- I got pregnant. Amazingly -- I only gained a healthy weight of 25 lbs. during my pregnancy and was back down to 145 just 3 months later. That lasted only a few short months until it all came creeping back on me again.

I have been doing this about once every two years or so, since then. My lowest since then has been 150 (which I can still be happy with)

When the weight comes off, it does come off slowly. Averaging 3-5 pounds per month. I don't have a problem with this as I'm not normally in a hurry. I know it is a slow process and that is just fine with me as I love to notice how I begin to look and feel over a period of time.

I normally tend to do this every 2 years or so, but this last time -- the weight came back FAST.

I know I probably need some psycological help but due to limited finances, that is out of the question. I know that most of my problem is emotional and mental. I do have a tendency to suffer from mild depression - this is normally when the weight comes back again. I don't know what the problem is -- I enjoy a happy life, had a normal childhood, I'm successful, I have a great kid and I'm in a terrific relationship.

Sometimes, I feel like I am sub-consciencely trying to "hide" something behind the xtra weight.

Just in case there is someone out there reading this that has a degree in psychology -- I will also mention that I tend to avoid conversations w/ people I don't know as well as any attempt to make new friends. As a matter of fact, I have gone through great lengths to AVOID friendships. I will say that when I am feeling good about myself, people do tend to want to talk to me more as I give out a much better "vibe". This feels good for a minute (sometimes even a few weeks or months) but then my mind FREAKS and I'm extremely uncomfortable and want out of the situation.

I know that I am attractive, I love my eyes, I have a great smile and I nice complexion and without the extra weight, I look even better and I know that my personality blossoms and attracts "good" attention (males, females, young, old). But why on earth do I feel so threatened by this?? This very well could be what I am trying to hide from, if only I knew why!!!

I keep going back and forth with myself, telling myself that I should be happy exactly where I am at and stay right where I'm at. I don't like to have a negative attitude -- but I know it always comes back and number 1 - I hate the way that feels and number 2 - it is not healthy to keep doing this to myself. I'm really not THAT much over the weight that I feel most comfortable with, probably safer to stay where I am at than to keep going up and down. But then again - I'm not really comfortable here and it still is not getting to the root of the problem.

For now -- I hate the way I look and I hate the way I feel.

Last January - I started the "diet routine"

(which I always try NOT to use the word diet but a LIFESTYLE change -- however a lifestyle change should be more permanent -- too bad I can't keep it up.)

I went from 173 - 156 from January until June. I kept it off until September. I felt TERRIFIC and had a WONDERFUL summer. I really wanted to loose another 10 or so to get really comfortable but I didn't stress on it too much. I knew if I could stay at 156 and in a size 10 for the rest of my life, I would be just perfect for myself.

Unfortunately, it is now March and I am back up to 175 -- thats 20 pounds in 6 months!!! Definately not healthy and I definately do not feel good about that.

Now, I try not to put TOO much emphasis on the actual number but when just 6 months ago, I could squeeze into a size 8 and wear a 10 comfortably and now I'm barely making it into a size 14 -- I'm beginning to get very uncomfortable.

Finally, Monday -- I had enough (again). I just couldn't take looking at the jiggly rolls any longer as well as my increasing fatigue. I'm back at my "lifestyle change" once again. Though, I must say that I feel better already and I have no doubt in my mind that I can easily loose 15 pounds before swimming season begins -- BUT I'm terrified, I feel like I already know what is going to happen in another 6 months or so.

I feel like there is definately an emotional response to my weight gain issues. As I really feel that the weight gain is not the problem but a symptom of a problem. If I could only get to the source of it and rid myself of it FOREVER.

Anyone else out there with this problem? Though I wouldn't wish it on anyone, it would be interesting to know if anyone else has gone through this and they cope.

Any emotional support, thoughts, ect. is greatly appreciated!!

Ps... sorry for my babble -- thanks for listening!!

Craig alan jones
Username: jonesy

Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 02:41 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi my names craig im 18 i have weight on my chest,stomach and waist that i desperatly want to get off im doin the "drop a jean size" diet where i have a glass of water with a bowl of special k: red berries for breakfaast and again for dinner then eat a well balanced meal for tea like meat veg and 2 potatoes and through out the day if i get hungry i drink water eat some fruit. every monday to saturday i do an hour on my aerobic stepper (just like doin brisk walking) witch usualy burns 754cals then i do an hour on my stationary bike witch usualy burns 580cals doin my stomach,oblique exercise everynight having sunday off do you think im doing enough or should i be doing more?

rev bobbie lovechild
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 5 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 07:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay here it is. I used to weight 265lb. Im 5'7" so you can just imagine..... then I found smack!!!! WOW!!! not only did I lose weight fast but I can't put it on if I tried(which I don't cuz Im noding and swaying all the time). Now I weight 136 but I am the same height....Funny though I still can't get a date

nicole smith
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 06:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Craig I think that you are doin great trying to loose weight and I don't think that you should do anymore that you already do trying to loose weight I heard that thiz person that did to much exersises and did'nt eat much died from that and thiz other lady got sick so from my opinion you should just keep up what you do right now but thatz your choice and thiz iz just my opinion.

Aphrodite
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 04:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wanted to know is there a big difference between Apple cider vinager and white vinager in the matters of drinking either. I see everyone jumped on the apple cider bandwagon is that healther or something like that???

A. Huisman
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 04:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Here I go again,
I felt like I was reading my own story. I have done the same thing many times. I find that my weight stays level if I make exercise a daily thing when I'm in my maintainance stage. I got down to my goal weight doing all the right things 2 years ago. During these last two years of nursing school I stopped exercising due to time constraints. I gained it all back and then some. Here I go again trying to lose weight. This time I am really going to focus on making exercise a priority after I lose it. I'm no psychologist but I am finding that stress plays a big role in my eating. It is comforting in some odd way. My goal is to seek comfort from family, friends or just pampering myself on those days I feel out of control instead of using ice cream for comfort. Your definitely not alone. Hope this helps and good luck.

zenib khan
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 08:42 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi iv been trying to lose weight for ages now, for the past 2 months iv been exercising daily for 30 mins on an exercise bike but iv actually gained half a stone can anyone tell me how???

Aynonmous 123:-)
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 05:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey I just wanted to know what "smack" was. Bye bye :-)

Donna S
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 11:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes i'm overweight i at 215lbs.i recently had back surgery.so i can do very little.i'm on a diet ive lost about 18lbs but all i here from doctors is obseity. and im tiered of that.thats
when you 100lbs are more overweight.and i'm not.my height is 5ft.2inch.is there any ideas for me on looseing weight.i would like to get down to aleast 170to 175 but no smaller .I'm 35
years old and i have 3 childrens. and i've always been thick not fat.it run in my family.and thats it. nothing i can do bout it i
wish but can't.any ideas at all i would appreciate .thanks

Erica
Username: erica

Post Number: 5

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 08:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, trust me on this. Drinking a lot of water throughout the day WORKS. The only thing I drink EVER is water and its all day long. I have lost weight. You also have to eat right and exerscise at least a little to notice anything. But it does work.

samantha smith
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, iam Samantha and i was just wondering if their is such thing an "spot reducing" and if their is, then what can i do to lose inches off my lower abs (pouch) and my love handles....i'd be so happy if you'll could help.

llove760
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 02:54 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I am 27 years old and I have 4 children (9,4,and 2year old twins). I am 5'11 and I weigh 274lbs. I am 124lbs over weight. My upper body is the heaviest. I want to take diet pills but my husband doesn't want me to. He says that they're not good for me and I can lose weight on my own. But, I think that they help you lose weight faster. What do you guys think?

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 11:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Throwing up is not the answer! STOP before your teeth get ruined and your throat, 1. FOOD INTAKE, 2: LIQUIDS, 3: EXERCISE, 4: SLEEP

rachna
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:54 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey.. i am 16(female) and my height is 5 2" n i weigh 115 pounds..i know that isnt a bad weight but i have quite big thighs n will dieting help to loose fat from my thighs? n besides i dont even look like i am 115 pounds...n my mum is very strict n doesnt let me diet extremly..so plzzz i need help tell me how to loose punds n fat off my thighs..plzz help i neeed 2 loose them fast..n will drinking alot off water help..plzz i need guidance

vk
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 11:17 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi everybody, i am 32 years old and my weight is 150 pounds. i drink 5 leters(about 20 glasses) of water everyday. at morning time i drink 12 glasses(from 7 to 9am), after i hour walking at afternoon, drinking 4 glasses and completed another 4 glasses before 7p.m. is it good for drinking lots of water? at night i eat only salad with grated coconut with lime juice. and one more thing is drinking water with honey and lemon juice is good for health? can anybody tell me is it good for weight loss?

burns
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 09:55 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

mr. zenib khan i sugest you must try to balance it out. if you exercise and eat unhealthy afterwards you will not loose weight but you will only maintain the weight you have. in simple terms you have to cut back with whatever you eat and also watch the calories you eat like carbs,fat or protein. don't eat foods with fat coz they are harder to burn and one serving of fat is already 45 calories so try to exercise more, move more and eat less and read the labels on what you drink or eat at a grocery or a fastfood chain. trust me I took units in nutrition as required in my college course

zizi parrots
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 03:09 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am currently trying the recipe and i hope it works.i drink lots of water already and i exercise too.

McKelly
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 10:25 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The key to losing weight and keeping it off is to understand your body and know it's needs. I was over weight most my life. I tried every diet that ever hit the market. Nothing worked. I went from eating three meals a day to one snack after school. Usually plain, air popped, popcorn. I long gave up the hope of ever losing any weight. Then one day I met a chiropractor who changed my life forever. I went to him for back problems created from all the extra weight I carried. Unlike the doctors who kept telling me to give up the sweets (that I never ate) and limit my calories to 1200 a day, here was a guy who was telling me I wasn't eating enough food. He challenged me. I was to eat 6 times a day. With that all I had to do was (what he called) balance what I ate. And everything I ate had to be in it's most natural form. No added anything...pure and simple. The balance protein, carbs, and fat. Three times a day you would eat a meal of one protein, one carb, and one good fat (olive oil, nuts, seeds, ect...) the other three would be an energy snack to fuel your body and that would consist of one protein and one carb (an apple dipped in peanut butter) (or if I was on the go then a healthy protein bar that was 10% or less of fat). You were to think of your body as an automobile that moved you through life. Before anything went into your mouth you were to ask yourself if what you were about the eat was fuel that your body needed or empty calories that had no value. Believe me, you quickly learn how much food you actually take in that has no value what so ever and does your body more harm than good. The foods you eat had to be natural. Fruit does not come from a can but from a tree. No added this or that, no chemicals, no cooking oils. Olive oil should be added to food after it is removed from the stove as should any herbs. And now here's the killer that was the hardest for me and I'm sure will be for most of you....NO SUGAR AND NO WHITE PRODUCTS!!! Those two things alone is enough to make most of you walk away with out ever trying. Instead of eating processed white flours of breads, pasta and rice, eat healthy whole wheat pasta, rice, and bread. Don't use sugar or eat foods loaded with sugar. And don't use artifical sweetners that are nothing but chemicals that do our bodies more harm than good. And do drink plenty of water. The amount of water you need each day is half your body weight. So if you weigh 200 lbs your body needs 100 ounces of water each day. And lastly...throw out any scales in the house. Go by how you feel and look as you can flex in weight from water. Having said all this I will end by giving thanks to this wonderful chiropractor who took the time to work with me when no other doctor would and by saying now....eight years later....I am still 100 pounds lighter and eating more than I ever did. THANK YOU!!!!

sweetlilqt
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 03:18 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey! i have lost like 5 lbs in less than 5 days!!! I have only had 3/4 cup honey bunches of oats(hardly any fat, little calories, n little carbs), a tuna fish sandwich with lettuce in place of bread, a salad w/out dressing, and low fat sorbet for desert and today i started taking instatrim after i had stopped for a while(2 pills) and just had water and the pills today and have not felt hungry at all. I also try to get up at like 12 ish so i dont have to think about food for a lil bit longer. Anyways, instatrim is really awesome. so yea.

aria
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 01:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this is from aria
age 24
5'7feet tall
wighed 2hondred pounds before i started vineger,water diet
now thanks to my plan diet
lost 5 pounds in 5 days
now wieght 195pounds
still gong on it
i'll will report in the next 7 day the next results
thank

aria
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 01:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ive been doing this apple cider vineger and water diet for 5 days and lost 1 pound a day
mornings
eat meat or anything healthy exceptjunk food or no rice
then when finish drink 8ounces of water or glarge cup of water with 5tspoons apple cidder vinegarliquede or untill u feel the vinegar in the water so u taste it
afternoon
meat or something healthy with no rice
large cup of apple cidder vinerger liquide with water
night
2hours before bedtime
healthly saled with all ur favorit fruits and veggies and nuts and rasins and meat(includes ham also )
a large cup of water with apple cider liquide
tipss
if ur still hungry
drink another large glass of water with apple cider liquid with apple or grapes,strawberrys ora bag of trail mix or watermellon

Rachel
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 07:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was wondering why, Lately I've been drinking a gallon of water daily, but since I've done that I've been burping up alot of acids in my throat, and I have constant heartburn, and it really discourages me from trying to drink alot of water, which I know that's healthy for me. Can anyone give me an idea WHY that's happening?

Been There And Done That
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 05:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all, I know everyone has a different opinion but here goes mine too. I too have been very overweight, i am only 5'3" and i weighed 173 lbs., i just woke up one morning, stepped on the scale, which i normally avoided and was so disgusted with the numbers, i was always so skinny in school and in my younger days but four children later, well there i was. I immediately started riding my bike at short intervals and worked my way up. I cut out the high fat foods, the sweet iced tea, and picked up my water bottle. I lost 13 pounds the first month and about 7 each month there after. The trick that i used to get past that sweet craving and all you women know what i am talking about, i would allow myself to eat a pepermint patty when i felt the need to something sweet, they are lowfat and it doesn't wreak havoc on your diet. I started in April of '99 weighing 173 lbs. When Christmas of '99 came i was weighing 120 lbs. I did not take any pills, i just watched what i ate and started to love water. It really does help, trust me, i am living proof and the compliments are terrific, i love being told i look good, it really makes me feel like i have done something good in my life. So for all of you now that is overweight, remember there is hope out there, and also remember the weight didn't get there overnight and it won't disappear the same way. Patience and not giving up is the main thing to remember. Good luck all with your goals, just remember when you want to quit, quitters never win and winners never quit.

Leslie perez
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 01:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 19 and 125 pounds. my regular weight is usually 118 and I've gained 7 pounds in the last month. In 3 weeks I am going on vacation and I want to lose 7 pounds in 3weeks. Can someone please help.

Edel
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 08:12 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drinking water helps a LOT.. just as long as u cut out all salt (causes water retention) and this includes salts in processed foods - go on a detox for 2 days with nothing but fruit and water. Then cut the carbs (white refined sugars) and stick to wholegrain foods this is good for your body it stops the pancreas over producing insulin which in turn leads to calories - ie weight gain!!

victoria loves michael
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 06:00 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wanna lose weight and maintain muscle?
drink lots of fluid. milk fatfree cow or soy.
green and white tea.
use splenda or even better stevia.
no white bread. no added sugar. okay that's damn near impossible so limit it the best you can.
eat big breakfast. than eat every 2-3 hours with smallest evening meal. each meal should consist of a portion lean protein a portion energy carb and a color carb(fruit or veg) the energy carbs are things like whole grain breads or pastas or potTOES. you can do with out the energy carb the last meal of the day and add an extra portion protein.
drink tons of water.
try gatorade's propel fitness water or another low calorie brand.
take a multi vitamin. take chromium. take lecithin. take b vitamins.
walking is a great exercise.
get enough sleep.
and hey fiber tons of it tons of protein and tons of fluids works wonderful. the ultimate weight loss tool along with plenty of fiber protein and water?
methamphetamine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
make sure to eat while on it or you will lose muscle too....

Jules
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 08:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Here I Go Again..
You definately have emotional disorders..it poured out in every word you spoke..you analyzed yourself quite well...This is TOTALLY fine and TOTALLY normal...I absolutely loved your story...If you ever create a blog, hook a sistah up cause I found your story easy to follow and I'm cheering you on..believe me...Perhaps I'll tell my own story after a while...Afraid it might turn into a novel..Hmmm..Maybe I should start a Blog? LOL...great luck to everyone

Danica
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 01:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I have been overweight (more like obese) my whole life. I didn't reallly care about it that much when I young but over the years I have become obsessed with my weight. My brother used to weigh around 300 pounds but he just quit eating and lost about 100 pounds in one summer. He looks very nice now. I know that wasn't the best way to loose weight but it worked so I thought that I would try it. It was easy to skip meals during school. I never ate breakfast and skipped lunch. I tried not to eat dinner but it was difficult because I ate with my parents. So far I have lost about 75 pounds by doing this. Now I weigh about 158 at 5'6". I want to loose at least 30 more pounds but not eating doesn't seem to have the same effect anymore. Why is this and would it be healthy to loose 30 pounds in 2 months? I'm just sick of being fat :-(

Reena Jain
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:22 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi friends,
Yeah..i definately believe drinking water is very helpfull in keeping our body weight just right enough.Not only it helps in balancing body weight but also helps in having a glowing skin.I am 27 yrs of age today ,and i can say that water has played a major role in keeping me look more beautiful with glowing skin and slim body.today i weigh 45 kg (5'2inches height),where once at 23 I weighed 63 kgs!!Today i look more young,energetic.I dint even exercise,although kept myself active with daily physical activity at home and work.I think i am a living testemonial of stating the miracle of water.The fact still lies that human body is 70% of water.

Adam Yatch
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 02:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!

I am at 179 right now. I am using Hydroxycut and combining that with a diet/exercise program (which I will briefly describe here-interval jogging/cycling/walking, martial arts weapons training for 15 mintutes a day, and weightlifting). I eat a low carb diet (180 g's of carbs or less) and drink at least 10 12'ounce glasses of water. Is there anything that I can do to lose the weight faster? I am down quite a few pant sizes, too. And I have to tighten my belt. Anthing would help! Thanks!

jpewitt
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 02:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi I'm skinny and I eat like 5 to 6 meals a day and I have lots of well defined muscles and I weigh 240 lbs at 6'5" wtf is wrong with all you fatties???

christina 16
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 02:11 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

when i look at myself in the mirror, i see someone who is fat. people tell me that im perfect, why cant i see it?

anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 18 and I weigh 185 pounds. I have been drinking a gallon of water only every day along with my regular meals for a week and two days now, when will I see some weight loss? Or will I? I really need to lose weight before returning to school.

malcolmsmommo
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 02:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Here I go Again and A. Huisman,

I just wanted to say i totally agree with the both of you. I can definetly lose the weight but sometimes my brain takes over and it all comes to a hault that i can not stop. i was just excercising regularly every day and now its like pulling teeth to get me to get motivated again. i too think that it is psychological but cant afford to find out.

Victoria Daye
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 03:15 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there. I have started drinking a lot more water recently but I havent really changed my diet, I wouldnt say I am unhealthy, I dont cook anything in fat at home. I work as a waitress and I do tend to pick at the food there, maybe a chip or three or a haddock pancake thats been left over but like I said I have started drinking alot more water and I find I am sweating more and the weight is begining to fall from my stomach, A good thing no doubt, I run around that kitchen like a blue assed fly, which is why I probably sweat, but I have been sweating a lot more is this because I am drinking a lot of water and the fact that the weight has started to fall off is because I'm running about? I have tryed dieting before but I am useless at it always craving the food I cant have and in the end give in. If this drinking water thing is true, then it's working for me!!!!

Wendy Valentino
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 05:54 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since I started drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water, 6 weeks ago I have lost 15 pounds. I was drinking it only once per day but now plan on drinking it 2 or 3 times per day. I also try to follow a low carb plan, but some days I just eat whatever. I dont really know if it the vinegar or not, but I have been totally shocked with the weight loss. In fact it was my husband who got me drinking the vinegar to help with my arthritis. I dont mix it with honey as I dislike the taste of honey. So it is just raw apple cider vinegar with water.

Madison
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 01:41 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm 17 years old, 5'6'' and 160lbs. All my life i have been the girl what was just a little or at sometimes alot bigger! All my friends are so much smaller than me, and sometimes i just fell out of place. I have a boyfriend and all ... but i just would like to walk around my my swim sut and turn some heads! i have tryed the water thing in the past but if just never works for me, it just makes me have to go to the bathroom in the middle of class ... and my teachers don't like that to much! But if anyone has any really good tips to make my dream come true. Please let me know! thanks

Nessa
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:55 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey I need some advice: Last year I did this diet where I didn't eat anything for 3 days and drank only water and apple juice. After I was done I felt sooo great! I lost 1 pant size and about 5 lb. I ate better but soon after I let myself go again and went back to the same old habits. If I do this again and really push myself to eat right...will I be able to pull this off? Is this sort of cleansing diet healthy?

help i need to loose weight!
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 09:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok, here's the thing. i really want/need to lose about 20 pounds before school starts and i need to know how exactleyi am supposed to do that. i'm always getting told by my parents and one of my brothers that i need to go on a diet and i'm fat. i'm in grade seven and 114 pounds that's not fat right?

depressed
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 09:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i am twenty nine and lost my second child in june of last year. i have a daughter four and a son two. I need to lose so weight. i weigh about 140 to 150. i lost all my weight after my first child and some after the second, but after the third i didn't. i got more depressed and stuff. i have never have been this heavy. i use to weigh 115 and i am not use to this. i thought about taking some pills to help but i am not sure. does any one have any suggestion on losing about 25 pounds, and if you have tried any pills what r they. i ride bikes with my kids and stuff just busy don't have alot of time being a single mom to get all the excrise that i should help please

anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 09:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My kitchen is in the process of being redone so my family has been eating out alot and I have gained alot of weight. Do the apple cider vinegar pills really work and how old should you be to try them?

Mika L
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 12:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did the atkins diet (low carb) for about a month in a half and I lost over thirty pounds

Kevin
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 08:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have lost 5 pounds from eating healthy and drinking like a shot of lemon juice after every meal...just curious, does lemon juice help in burning all the fat we eat?

Curious
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 08:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does Lemon juice after every meal burn fat??????

dougie bee
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 03:59 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi my mom was peeing in her bed. shes 78....got her to the hospital. they said her electrolites were low. shes very tired. what now? will she get better? what will they do? im worried as any son would be, any advice/ and when she gets home.......should she drink gatorade and things like that? thank u. doug in canada

beth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 11:24 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

has anyone heard of the cabbage soup diet i want to try it and lose as much weight as possible within the next 8 days in time for school which i start next thursday i really need help if it doesnt work does any one have any other great diets that i will be able to use to lose weight very quickly please help
!-thanx-!

misty
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi i am a mother 0f 5 boys i am 33 years old and i have always been tiny under 100 bound when i hade my last baby i but on some more bounds i am now 123 bounds i dont find that is much but however i would like to loss about 20 bounds and i will be happy but i love my soda pop what should i do ?

ihatefat
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 02:23 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey everyone, i went from a size 8-10(150 lbs) to a 2-4(105 lbs) in 3 months by working out all the time, and eating 6 small wayy healthy meals a day like only 600 calories a day, i felt better than ive ever felt in my life before, but then i regained it all in ONE MONTH from being sick, eating bad foods and not working out, now my motivation is sooo low, i feel gross, i hate eating bad foods,but once they get in your system you just crave them, but its just like well im allready fat again ahh i hate getting depressed about weight gain...everyone needs to remeber that EVERYDAY IS A NEW DAY, your either closer or farther from your goals! good luck everyone

Jennie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 11:38 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, i am wondering if drinks like fruit20.... 0 calories, are as efective as plain water?

Belinda Hill
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 03:48 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How can I lose weight off my thighs? Any suggestions? I have tried various excercises and still no-go!

Sherita Moore
Username: crystal_kisses

Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 03:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, the other day on Channel 11 news, there was a broadcast about the DANGERS of the ATKINS DIET for females. According to the newscast, this particular diet has harmful, long-term effects for those who are of child-bearing age and reproduction capabilities.

According to Channel 11 Eyewitness News, the ATKINS diet has been proven to work ONLY for an isolate period of time and then the dieter gains back his/her weight and then some.

Sorry to those who have put their trust in this diet. If it only works temporarily then IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.

D. Jeffrey
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:36 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 50 years old and have gained weight (15 pounds) beginning slowly about 7 years ago, and increasing the last 5 years. I've tried many different diets but continued to gain weight while following the diet. Recently I've been going to the gym, doing cardio and weight training, following weight watchers, and I have gained 2.5 pounds! I don't think it's muscle mass, as it's only been 3 weeks (I gained a pound after the first few days!) I also think I have a low thyroid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ERIC SMITH
Username: ejsmith

Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 09:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'M 20YRS OLD AND I WEIGH 370LBS I WORK OUT EVERDAY 30 MINUTES ON THE WEIGHTS AND 30 MINUTES OF CARDIO,I JUST STARTED DRINKING A GALLON OF WATER A DAY SHOULD I LOOK TO BE LOSING SOME BODY FAT PRETTY SOON...????

kcchiefs_223
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 03:28 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok everyone had a lot of ideas that are very helpful to me, but there is one thing that I am confused about. Ok I had my third and final child 7 1/2 months ago and I can't seem to get rid of the belly and my thighs have gotten bigger as well. All the weight loss ideas are great, but does anyone have any tips for actually getting in shape. Not just losing weight, because that doens't always put you in shape. I want my thighs and belly to slim down and be firm and tone, not just skinny with flab because I am not tone. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. This is finally starting to have an effect on my marriage. Not like he doesn't love me anymore, but I am just not as happy as I could be and I don't really take care of myself anymore and things like that. I just dont' care if I look nice, because I think I am going to look bad anyhow. I am 5' 2" and I am up to 160. Please let me know what ideas you have. Or menu ideas for healthy meals. It doesn't do good to just say eat healthy, some people may not know what "healthy" is.

sahil chandra
Username: drooid2003

Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 05:10 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i need to lose about 10kilos in a span of 4 months.i guess i hav a bit of time. wat r the most suitable eating plans (dont wanna crash diet) along with exercise??

Jessica Smith
Username: latino

Post Number: 4

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 11:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

kcchielfs, there are 2 main areas to work on when working out. One is Cardio and the other is Strength training.

The cardio (walking, jogging, swimming, riding) will help you to lose excess fat on your body.
then strength training (ie. light handweights, squats, lunges, sit ups, anything that is fairly muscle specific) will help to tone you.

try to cover both throughout the week, as when you do strength work it helps your body continue to burn fat even when you're not exercising.

the most common way to try and do this is to alternate days, so one day cardio one day strenght and so on.

for example, to start you might try:

Monday - Cardio 1/2 hour
Tuesday - Upper body strength work with light wts
Wednesday - Cardio 1/2 hour
Thursday - Lower body strenght work
Friday - Cardio 1/2 hour
Saturday - Abdominal Strength work
Sunday - Rest

I know that might seem like a lot of work, but if you take your little bub out in their stroller for a half an hour walk, it won't seem like a huge waste of time, because you are entertaining him/her as well!!

then every 2 weeks or so you can increase or change things around. ultimately, try to work up to 4-5 lots of 45mins of cardio, and 3-4 strength sessions a week, but do it gradually so you don't get stresed about it.

food wise, i'm not much of a guru, but drink lots of water, and if you feel like you eat badly, just try to eliminate one bad item a month.
ie. this month, no chips. then maybe next month, also eliminate lollies (or whatever your particular pitfalls are!)
don't starve yourself, and don't deny yourself. if you feel like chocolate have some, but just a little bit ie. buy a freddo frog instead of a kingsize mars bar etc. and try not to keep bad foods in the house. if you're at home and all there is to eat is fruit, then you will have to eat it!!

hope this helps, let me know if you want anything else! :-)

only_me
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 08:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to lose 75 pounds... but I don't know an good healthy recipes to cook... I need help!???...

Havala Strauss
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 08:28 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 19 years old and just recently hit 120 pounds. I know that I'm not over wieght but I just can't seem to come to grips with the fact that I'm not 100 pounds anymore. It's really messing with my head and I've become really depressed about it. All I want is to lose 10-12 pounds but I have no idea where to start or what is healthy....HELP!

Jessica Smith
Username: latino

Post Number: 8

Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 10:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what is your current exercise and eating habits like?
let us know (and be honest) about a general week in your life, coz it shouldn't b too tough to help

nikkiq
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, November 12, 2004 - 02:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm 19 and im 162 pounds. i just recently gained this weight in the past 2 months by stressing out. when i stress i eat and when im bored i eat. i just wanted to know if there is anyway i could drop the weight i gained and fast!

dedra
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 09:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

nikkiq--i personally believe that if you eat when you are bored, then try snacking on healthy foods....slice an apple......etc.....or when you have cravings or feel like eating, drink a large glass of water....that will fill you up and you wont eat as much....if you are getting that bored then find something you enjoy doing....scrapbook, drawing, crossword puzzles...etc.....if you cant get out of the house......you are still young, so your metabolism is still running strong, drink the recommended amount of water per day and cut out all junk food.....try to become a bit more active and you should be able to lose the weight quickly......but be advised to break this habit of eating out of boredom soon.....the older you get, the slower your metablosim gets....you will have to stay very active and eat better......at 20yo i was 115lbs.....could eat whatever i wanted....never gained a lb...when i hit 21 or 22....my metabolism really slowed down and before i realized it, i was 160lbs and it is sooooooooooo hard to get off.....i am 175lbs now after my second child and i am working to get it off.....i have a mello yello addiction (7 or 8 a day)....today was my first day without one...very nerve racking LOL......just get more active, eat a little better, drink water and start a healthier lifestyle NOW, because it gets harder, the older you get.....

sara-jane
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 06:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey i am 16 years old and used to be very very tiny i was a size 6 at the age of 15 and now since going on the pill i am a size 8-10 which is very disheartening, i came off the pill 2months ago and that fat hasn gone away yet more has been put on..it is my belly so much it is my thighs they are huge i feel very ashamed of myself and i do eat fairly healthily and do dance at copllege and cycle to work on a sat and sun wat else can i do?? ive started drinking bout 5 500ml bottles of water a day but please help me i feel so uncomfortable with my body i tend to just hide away from the world. thnx for listening sara xxxx

graham
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 04:02 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to all those people who want to loose weight the answer is to do everything in moderation, you cannot loose weight by diet only you must exersize. find something you enjoy,i took up cycling its great fun when you are out with friends,the calories that you burn is amazing, any way got to go now not very good at typing,good luck everyone PS drink plenty of water

renee_young69
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 06:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am 19 years old and am 5"5 and weigh 210 pounds i would love to lose weight fast and i dont know if walking 30 min everyday and drinking alot of water and eating less will help me lose weight

monica evans
Username: mehereagain

Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 10:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Mark F.

What is the asian food diet sounds great

Scottie21154
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 10:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

APPLE CIDER VINGER.. Getting past the EWWWW. Well after being told by many to do it i did. I immediately felt better. I hated drinking that glass tho.. BUT, with in 30 minute of taking it i felt much much better. So i tried the PILLS.. Forget the pills.. I didnt feel anything..doubt they work.. So one day i got a Brain Storm..! I took a shot glass filled about 1/2 way, then added hot water..Down the hatch... followed by 2 standard glasses of warm water. WOW.. fast ewww but i have never felt better in my life.

When i get sick, i get better faster. The more i read about it, its like this mircial stuff.. So hope that helps someone.. Now, can someone tell me besides chicken-turkey.. what i can eat.. I just want to eat a balanced diet. I dont like sea food. ( i know i got to give up bread)

Nick Capelletrilini
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 10:27 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the best weight loss secret ever: eat naturally. Eat the kinds of foods that man was put on the earth to eat. (i.e.- foods that were there for man before he processed everything) such as, whole fruits and vegetables. They have amazing weightloss effects. Fruits and vegetables lost theyre weightloss effects when man decided to FRY them (anyone ever heard of french fries?) and put FATTENING toppings on them (any one like brocolli and cheddar cheese?). Also whole grains are very healthy (but not when man decided to STRIP them of all nutrients and fiber and make this thing called "white bread" and "white flour".) and brown rice (very helthy before man decided to STRIP them of all nutients by removing the husk of the rice and gt a product called "white" rice) so my greatest advice is eat foods as they were firstt put on the earth. Back in the caveman ages, there was no "potassium benzoate" or "monosodium glutamate" preservatives around1 once MAN decided to start using them, his health went straight down the tube. CHECK THE INGREDIENTS LIST before you buy anything. If theres anything that has more than 3 syllables in it DOWT BUY IT. it would be best to eat foods with no igredient list- this means they are pure and healthful. Choose wheat over white bread. Choose brown over white rice. I would know, im a 14 year old male and went from 201 pounds to 140 pounds in a YEAR.

peggie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 07:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for kindney stones, etc. have you ever tried ph drops in your drinking water! :-) Works great! Alkaline bodies cannot feed dieases, but acidic do! peggie

WANNA BE HOT MAMA
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 02:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do boot camp which is a heavy cardio/strengthening work out. I also do Pilates. I do these every other day. Pilates Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and Bootcamp on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Claretha
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 02:55 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a 40yo mother of three. I'm 5'1 and weigh 171 lbs. I would like to loose 20lbs. I work third shift. I don't know how to begin on this crazy schedule of mine. Please help!

Elyse Armstrong
Username: flutterbye

Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 06:54 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kimmie, I know that your message was posted some time ago - but I was wondering if you could tell me what else you did to lose 120lbs in 6 months? I have a large amount to lose and the thought of it not taking forever is one that seriously eases my mind.

autumn_78
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 07:44 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The average person should drink 2lts of water throughout the day. This should be increased if excercising or dieting.

Although the water may or may not help you to loose weight, it will flush out toxins and loosen any age old yuk that stuck to your bowls. So you won't feel so bloated. (However, us ladies do retain water on or around our period, so if your an avid jump on scale girl, don't weight yourself before or on a period, only after). This is not recommened info, just my personal advice.

bob666
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 12:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be healthy to drink NOTHING but water?

patti
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 08:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 39 and everytime I look in the mirror I see FAT... I need to lose about 10 more pounds... besides drinking alot of water can someone tell me how to lose it quickly? I hate the way I look.... Thanks for listening

Cinthia
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 05:31 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am struggling so bad to lose weight. I know what I am suppose to eat and what not to eat. I have 4 small kids and a husband who loves junk food. I desperatly want to lose 40 to 50 pounds! someone please help with some encouraging words to give me will power strength.

shnookums
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 11:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I find that dieting doesn't really work. What worked for me was changing my lifestyle. I eat whatever I want, but in moderation. Instead of having 2 slices of pizza I'll have 1; instead of eating a whole bag of potato chips, I'll but a few in a bowl. I added excersise(cardio and strenght training), and changed my whole outlook on my weight issue. It took me 14 years to gain that extr 80 lbs. That weight won't come off over night. I drink 1 large glass of water 30 minues before I eat( which is 5 times a day) plus the 8 recommended glasses.This has worked for me so far, I lost 60 lbs in the last year. It was hard at first, because I wnated results, but after a few weeks it started showing and it was very encouraging. Just don't give up.

detrea
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 12:03 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh and also about the whole drink water and no salt thing does sodium in water effect weight lose??

confused333
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 01:14 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm 5'5 and i weigh 160 lbs on a bad day. All my friends tell me that i look great, and i know that I'm super fit. They didnt know how much i weigh, and they guessed 130. Why do i weigh so much? And why can't i lose weight? I Exercise SOOOO much and have eaten super healthy all my life (my parents are health freaks). What's wrong with me? Also, i tried to drink apple cider vinegar in some water, but even just a table spoon makes me feel sick to my stomach. How could i have it without feeling sick? (would absorbing it through my skin work or something like that?)

nikkita
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 08:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does anyone know the best way to slim/tone up arms? been working out daily for 2 months with weights and doing aerobics, lost weight everywhere else on my body but not really on my arms! help!what am i doing wrong?

spiderdahl
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 07:04 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only eat & drink just to live. 3 husbands, 5 kids, 128lbs most my 47 years. After car accident 11 years ago went on disability for 6mos /w a herniated c-7 & gained 30lbs. Been patient 11years. Even healthier lifestyle, gradually increased h20, happiness, exercise types, & now 160lbs! Past 5 years tried every diet, my doctor's, Jenny, Atkins, moderation, h20, juicing, low-carb/fat. Breezed thru menopause; no hrt. I'm healthy, no other real complaints, but learning to hate my body for metabolizing & sabotaging me as i age.
Still, every day i refuse to give up.

karmaleon05
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:57 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WATER.....AND MILK.....Hello to everyone out there. I am in the process of losing a lot of weight that I gained after i had my two kids. It's happening slowly. I'm not following a diet, I just try to eat/drink things that I think are not gonna come back to haunt me when I check the scale out. But one thing I have noticed was that water works wonders. If you drink the recommended (half your body weight=number of ounces) water, you WILL see a difference. Not only in your weight, but in your skin too, and even your MOOD. Its like the water flushes out all of the toxic stuff. Or maybe it keeps you full so you don't really WANT to overeat. Whatever works. Oh... I havent heard anyone talk about MILK on this site. New studies have shown (and I have proven) that calcium helps to get rid of belly bulge. Now, I think that I've read that it gets rid of belly FAT, but I really thinks that it gets rid of the WASTE that is in your intestines that we forget is there. (Think about the effects it has on lactose intolerant people...RIIIIGHT!)Whatever it is, it works. I promise. Drink three glasses of milk (to get the recommended daily amount of calcium) daily and you'll see the difference is like TWO days around your belly area. SERIOUSLY! You will use the bathroom more, but its natural, not like if you'd taken a laxative. I think THAT is what helps to get the weight off from around your belly. REALLY. BUT...(big but...) the calcium thing only really works for about two weeks. After that, the effects are not as dramatic. It just levels off, I guess. But calcium is healthy (as is water) and if doing something positive for your body is also gonna help it look good, (AND YOUR HAIR, NAILS, TEETH, COMPLEXION...)then I'm all for it. So, for those of you trying to get right for the beach for swimsuit season, the milk will do it for you fast. Just don't count on it to do it all for you. I think that anything that helps you to see almost immediate results will only serve to motivate you to start an exercise program which will give longterm result. Oh... the only exercise I've been doing is something simple at home that has really been working for me to see the results that I need to see to keep going. I HAVE AN OTTOMAN IN MY BEDROOM THAT IS ABOUT A FOOT TALL. I'VE BEEN USING IT AS A STEPPING BLOCK. THE OTTOMAN IS TALLER THAN YOU WOULD NORMALLY USE, SO MAYBE THATS WHY I NOT ONLY FEEL IT IN THE THIGH AREA, BUT I FEEL IT IN MY BELLY TOO! HOWS THAT FOR A ONE-TWO PUNCH? Don't take my word for it, try it. But, be consistent. The know-how is not my problem. I think I have read everything there is to read about a diet. The biggest thing that I've learned (and experienced) is that you cannot literally starve yourself and get longterm results. yes, you will get results(any fool knows that) but usually not longterm. Your body just shuts down because it thinks its starving...so it gets stingy with the calorie burn...makes it that much harder to keep fat from setting up house in your body when your body has just had a starvation scare. It saves even the smallest amount of fat you eat, because it is confused. Self preservation is not just an action, its a reflex. Thats why people who go on a crash diet usually gain it all back if they don't start on an exercise program immediately after losing the weight. I don't fault anyone who does those diets though, sometimes you have to do what you THINK you have to do to make you feel better about yourself. Just be smart about it. If you just starved yourself for a week to go to a class reunion, don't go to Mikkie D's and pig out the next day. Start back with a low fat/low calorie/low carb/ low whatever diet. but just don't feed your starving body FAT you don't want it to keep. Instant weight loss should be a motivator, not a lifestyle. Anyway...that just my experience...i'm not a doctor so I really can't and shouldn't preach. But I have lot weight when I really focused, without starving. The ability isn't my problem, it's the focus factor. After a while I start to look nice to myself and forget all of the lessons it took me to get there. I start eating Whoppers again...and with my messed up metabolism I should never let one of those past my lips, even when i'm at a good weight. But, my little tricks DO work...I've talked several of my friends heads off and they paid attention and have lost weight. Now, If i could just focus enough to do the same (longterm). I HOPE I HELP SOMEONE OUT THERE...ESPECIALLY THE KIDS POSTING ON THIS SITE. WHEN YOUR METABOLISM IS STILL YOUNG, THE SIMPLE THINGS WORK. ESPECIALLY FOR JUST A COUPLE OF POUNDS. GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW IF I HELPED...MAYBE IT WILL KEEP ME MOTIVATED...

megan
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 08:20 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hv been tryin to lose weight since few months. i have been regularly walkin for last few months but i hv not noticed any difference.Its very disappointing.My hubby lost 10 kgs jst by drinking water.He used to have jst 2 meals a day(lunch & breakfast )plus lots of water and he actually lost 10kgs shortly. So i guess we all should be drinking lots of water along with 2 meals.He does not like sweet things.Hope this works for u all and me too. Wish you luck

Gary H
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 04:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh one thing: working out daily with weights is a bad idea. The whole purpose of weight lifting is to break down the muscles, stress them out so that when they rebuild they build past the failure point. Working out every day doesn't allow them to build back up again, so all your doing is breakdowns. Try skipping a day in between workouts, I'll bet you get stronger much faster.

Lenise Deberry
Username: boogaloo

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 09:44 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just started the idiot-proof diet and started drinking at least a gallon of water a day. The water keeps me really full so the little bit of food that I am supposed to eat on the diet, I don't really want.

scooby doo
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 03:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi.. im 17 years old and 5'4 and i weigh about 114 right now. i havent eaten in a few days.. and i know thats not the right way to go but i just feel so fat at times, esp when im full. when im hungry is when i feel the thinnest. im just trying to reach 110 and then im going to stop loosing the weight and just maintain it there. will just eating around 100 calories or less a day and drinking a ton of water help me loose weight faster? or will it just make me gain weight? i know water is good for you and you have to drink alot, esp if you arent getting the right amount of vitamins from food but if im just going to gain alot of water weight from drinking only water then ill just find another way. anybody know?

Padawan learner
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 08:52 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes I lean upside-down against a wall naked so my feet are in the air. Then I masturbate and try to catch the cum in my mouth. That is a pretty good workout, I recommend it to anybody.

caregiver
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 02:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey scooby..if you do some hard research you'll find that depriving your body of food puts it into starvation mode..it stores fat..you want to lose weight..then you need to eat. To lose weight you need energy. Your body gets energy from food! I work at a hospital..and let me tell you..you probably think that you don't have a problem..it sounds like an eating disorder..thinking your fat when you eat is self destructive. I watched a 18 year old girl who was always thinking she was fat being brought in to the hospital because she had a heart attack...she was anorexic. She weighed a whopping 82 pounds and she was starving herself to be thin. She had gone without food for 7 days and only lived off of water. She exercised fanatically. This young and beautiful lady decided she wanted to live. She died from severe cardic arrest (her second) 2 days later. This is not a horror story..it's a learning story. Eat a sensible diet with the right food combinations, do moderate exercise and you will look and feel the way you deserve too. Let your body work for you, not against you. The moral of the story, your only 17 and existing on only 100 calories a day is dangerous. You may think you'll look good, but dear, what good is looking good, if your so sick, and weak to enjoy it? This is the only body you'll ever have, take care of it. Take care of your health. Best of luck...

PS...water contains no vitamens. Water diets tend to be done for multiple reasons, but mostly religious ones. I myself have fasted on water for 30 days. (I did this to raise poverty awarness with friends). But if you ask anyone who has been on one, they have researched them, prepared for them, and are willing to take the consequences for them. For you..your body will not be able to sustain the impact of a water diet. You must feed your body before you do a water diet. please do not attempt. :-)

Kristi
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 12:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scooby doo - please, please, please stop what you are doing! I am 38 years old and 5'4" and did exactly what you are doing to lose weight when I was a teenager. The damage this technique causes in the long run is not worth it! I messed up my metabolism by not eating and I am paying the price today. Please eat! Eat fruits and vegetables, chicken, fish, drink lots of water, take a multi vitamin and exercise. I have a 12 year old daughter that I am encouraging to eat wisely and stay active. This is what I urge you to do as well.

Charlotte
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi i'm a 18 year old and i weigh 193 pounds. i need to lose about 50 pounds or more by jan 2006 because i'm getting married and it would be a dream come true to be about 135 my boyfriend is great he loves me just the way i am but i really gross myself out sometime because i went from 135 pounds to 193 in a year i even have strech marks and i have no kids yet. i have tried all kinds of diets but i can never stick with them see i work all day and then i have no enery by the time i get home. me and my boyfriend work alot so we eat quick meals like yuky TV dinners and fast food but he is not heavey like me he is tall and thin and it makes me mad because i use to be thin too. see i went on birth control
i weighed 135 pounds and now i'm 193 or more sometimes. i just wanna feel good and healthy again i have like no energy please someone help me i want my wedding day to be the best and achiving my goal to lose weight and be healthy would definitly make it the best. so please help i need diet tips and advice.
thanks

Amy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 02:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's the way to lose those pounds. Get rid of all the snacks in your house. When you do want a snack have fruit or vegatables.When your craving something sweet dont tell yourself you cant, you'll just get stressed and keep eating something else untill your satisfid, have some ice cream if you want but get lowfat or suger free, just try not to eat lots of sweets. dont listen to people who say carbs are bad for you, you need those carbs for energy, maybe you'll lose pounds fast but it will only last for about 2 weeks and PLUS YOU'LL HAVE NO ENERGY! Your going to need that energy to work out,witch is vary importent in losing weight.Runing, Biking, Swiming, are good but even more enjoyable with someone else and you can help each other. I'm no professinal so you dont have to belive me on any of these but it works. Also the number one thing lots of water.!

Eric Martin
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 06:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drinking a ton of water, making you feel absolutely bloated just as a method to avoid eating food to prevent yourself from gaining weight is not a great idea. If you lack the self control to control what you eat when you come home from a long day (which is common), simply be critical of what you allow to get into your house when you buy food from the supermarket in the first place.

Losing weight ultimately depends on how much calories you are taking in, and how much you are working out.

Junk/fried foods are a no brainer. Simply stop buying them. Try cutting down on red meat. Try doing a 20 minute jog each day. There are a lot of ways to lose weight, but the key point is that it is a lifestyle change. Not a diet.

charlyne
Username: char

Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 04:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

water does help u lose weight and it is also healty for your body

Lisandra Garcia
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 11:51 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

would like to know if drinking cold water is better for you or room temp water flushes your body quicker so when dieting is it better to drink cold ice water or room temp water?

CRUZER
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 07:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have lost 15 pounds in the last 2 weeks and it was easy. In fact i kept eating at the fast food restaurants and everything. You see what i did was that I counted my calories. I can eat anything I want in a day as long as i do not eat over 2000 calories. If you keep yourself to a certain number of calories then you are going to be able to lose weight, i think. So go ahead have that slice of cheesecake, just don't plan on having much else that day.

Brianna Bozek
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 11:14 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My friend and I started drinking 2 bottles of water a day and exersizing more often.In one month we each lost 5 pounds.If we do this for one year will we stay healthy?

Chris Allen
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 03:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Folks, I'm a male age 60 and have lost 25 lbs since March 25th. This is how I did it. I took two tbls of apple cider vinegar in an 8 oz. glass of water twice a day; I put 1/4 tsp. of cinamon in my rolled oats along with a banana and some blueberries each morning for breakfast. I cut out all bread. I put 1/4 tsp. of cinamon on applesause or sliced peaches after my evening meal. I also rebound (that's a small trambline) for fifteen minutes each morning and work out on a dyno-gym for another fifteen minutes. Before I begin exercising I stretch for about 5 minutes. At the end of the day I try to walk at least a mile. Now you are going to ask how does he do that and still work every day. I get up at 2:15 each day and begin exercising then. I go to work at 4:45 a.m. and work till sometime after 3:00 p.m. My goal was to loose 30 lbs. by June 28 and at this point I don't think I'm going to make it. For those who think it can't be done, well, it can but you must be committed to loose. This, I hope, will be lifetime commitment for me. Thank you for taking the time to read this message and may God bless you and keep you in His Grace.

Bro. Chris

My Opinion
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:41 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For me, drinking water after being a lover of REAL food (you know, the GOOD, TASTY stuff) showed a vast improvement in skin condition and made my body feel cleaner. It did nothing weightwise, though.

For the women -- Something I found in common with a few friends is that as a woman I just don't bother with a routine - I let my body tell me when it's willing to work with me following my cycle and its energy peaks. At certain times during the month my energy levels are high and I will spend 2-3 weeks exercising for 2-3 hours a day, while at other times getting out of bed is a laughable idea and I let myself relax. It takes away the feeling of having to do anything about it.

Because of this, I don't bother with specific regimes. I ride my bike a lot, I walk with (well, chase actually) my dogs and swim. I can do these without a problem. Tell me to do x number of y and I lose motivation and sit myself in front of the tellie.

I was an attempted exerciser and dieter, but it only stuffed around with my weight and health. I stopped following everyone else's plans and worked with my own body's habits.

ME
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would just like to advise those who believe that drinking ice cold water will help you lose weight faster is a falacy. you should research your methods of weight loss before applying them!

ME
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:27 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

also for those who are watching the scale... thats not the way to go... you're goal is to lose INCHES off your body, and especially if your lifting MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!!!! so stay off the scale and go get a fat index test done... then you'll know what you have to do!!

Urgent
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 18 years old and I weigh 205. I want to loose at least 30 lbs by Thanksgiving. What can I do?? Can anyone give me an advice? Help?

Louise Etheredge
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 10:56 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been trying to lose weight because I am weighing 190lbs. I have been walking for the past month but I went to put on my suit for 4th Sunday and could not wear it. I have cut back on my eating, don't eat after 7p.m., and I have been exercising. I have been told that I have developed muscles in that area. I am getting ready to start drinking the lemon water to help out I hope. I am getting discouraged. Give me some advice.

FrogPrincess
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 08:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new here and I was wondering If anybody had any tips on how to lose 20 lbs in 1 1/2 months?

Anne Riley
Username: trulydippy

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 01:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frog Princess, why not try Weight Wellbeing? It is based on good advice and support, i lost 16 pounds in five weeks and feel great. I also enjoy talking to my personal advisor every week. There are lots of other diets out there but this has worked best for me. Check it out.

Kath
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 04:21 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, someone please help me. I'm so frustrated I feel like I'm going to explode. I need to lose 5 pounds. That's it. I eat about 1200 calories a day, so don't tell me to cut down on calories. I run 4 miles daily, so don't tell me to exercise. I don't eat butter, mayonnaise, ice cream, cakes, or any other fattening junk food. This has been my diet and exercise routine for over 2 years. Why the hell am I 130 pounds???? Is it too much to ask to be the recommended 125 lbs. for my height? Any suggestions would be appreciated before I start cutting out calories altogether out of sheer frustration.

judy pickorer
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 10:37 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i woundered if anyone could help me find a diet that could help me losse weight i am 19 and i am very very overweight.
dose any one know any recipies that could help me.

alli martin
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 02:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well for one thing 1200 cals a day is not enough for hardly anyone, let alone if you're running 4 miles a day. Your body is more than likely in starvation mode and is trying to hold onto every pound it can to survive because you aren't feeding it enough.

jess
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 02:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay i started doing taebo evryday a couple weeks ago to lose some weight but instead i gained weight. i know its probably muscle but i just wanted to lose weigt not gain n e more muscle. i did start looking really good after doing the workout and eating right and drinking alot of water so i decided to weigh myself and i was so upset. now i dont know what to do cuz im scared to taebo b/c i think ill gain more weight. n e suggestions

Pleasehelp
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 01:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello
I am 23, 5'3-1/2" and 145pounds. I was 129lbs and gained this weight since last Summer. I didn't pay much attention till now, but now the doctor told me that I should lose 20lbs atleast, as my cholestrol is high. I am working on my MS in Computer Science and am sitting before the computer for atleast 10hrs a day. I am a vegetarian. No meat, no eggs and no fish. I am from India and my diet has lot of oil. I eat wheat bread and jam in the morning and a rice with some vegetable curry or lentils for lunch and a curry and rice with buttermilk for dinner. I do not exercise much. I go up and down the stairs of my school four floors twice a day and the stairs to my apartment, 3floors twice a day, I was playing Tennis, but haven't in 2 months. I am on a birth control pill. My husband takes the same food. He is 26, 5'9" and 150lbs. Please suggest what I can do to reduce weight.

Mrs. Jasmine Jacobs
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 01:25 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
I am 23, 5'3-1/2" and 145pounds.I was 129lbs and gained weight since last summer.I didn't pay much attention till now,but now the doctor told me that I should lose 20lbs at least,as my cholesterol is high. I am working on my MS in Computer Science and am sitting before the computer for at least 10hrs a day. I am a vegetarian.No meat,no eggs and no fish.I am from India and my diet has lot of oil.I eat oat meal cereal and rice with some vegetable curry or lentils for lunch and a curry and rice with buttermilk for dinner.I do not exercise much. I go up and down the stairs of my school four floors twice a day and the stairs to my apartment, 3floors twice a day, I was playing Tennis, but haven't in 2 months. I am on a birth control pill. My husband takes the same food. He is 26, 5'9" and 150lbs. I am trying to walk 2miles a day now on the treadmill and it is showing as burning around 150cal, I donít know how accurate that stuff is. Please suggest what I can do to reduce weight.

pitbull girl
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 09:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! I am 23 and I have been trying to loose weight for the past couple of months now.I had to go on some medicine that I only took for 2 months and it has made me gain weight.I am 5'10 and weigh 240bls.What's the best way and fastest way to loose my weight? I've only been married for 11 months and I want to feel good about myself.Does anyone have any suggestions of doing a healthy diet?

TaraM1102
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 04:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, my name is Tara, im 5*11 and 130 pounds, size 5, i dont want to lose 40 pounds or anything, i just want to lose about 10 pounds, ive read up here not to eat wheat but my mother has lost over 100 pounds by including wheat bread into her diet, ive been doing yoyo dieting for 5 yrs now and i have an eating disorder(binge eating) can you please tell me how i can stop this cycle, i want to lose it the healthy way, i also walk/run 2-4 miles 4-5 times a week,i eat healthy but i think i over eat and that is my problem, please help

TASHINA ROACH
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 11:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI EVERY 1 I HAVE BEEN ON A DIET FOR A WEEK NOW I WAS WONDERING IF I CHEAT ON A DIET AND GO BACK TO MY REGULAR DIET THE NEXT DAY.IZ THAT GOOD OR BAD.BUT IM STARTING TO DRINK PLENTY OF WATER NOW.

Mary K
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 12:56 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone. I have the perfect diet for me i will share and i hope it works 4-u. DRINK 1 gallon of water a day. 1 egg with chez and salsa sauce for breakfast. salad with apple cider vinager for lunch and a salad and a non fat meat for dinner. get hungry between eat fruit. but with all of the water believe me you do not feel like u have room. U MUST EAT to lose weight. I lost 20lbs in 2 weeks. also a multi vitamin in the morning cause you must give your body what it needs or it will go into starvation mode and the weight will never come off. lifestyle changes are a must to keep it off. NO WHITE BREAD PASTA . if you have to eat the stuff go wheat. I also joined the ymca and let me tell ya I feel like a new person. a year later I went from 201 to 120. it works for me and i hope it will for u. NO SODA at all not even diet soda I put a fresh lemon in every glass of water and it gives it great flavor cause I HATE THE TASTE OF WATER. but with motivation to be here for my four kids (10,8,5,4) I did it. So can u. the main thing is you have to make it a lifestyle change if not you are just making it harder the next time you go on a diet. thank you for reading my post

Sherrie Thompson
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 04:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All

I use to weigh 220 pounds now I weigh 160 pounds at 5'10. I lost that weight in maybe 6 months less than that probably. I just cut back on my portions of food. I still had sweets and fast foods. But I just cut back on my portions I eat the same food just less of it.

I also started walking slowly which turned into a slow jog.

I lost weight doing that. I didn't drink an ounce of water.

But I guess there is a different diet for each body type or person.

Good Luck to all who is trying to lose weight!

Ronnie T
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 08:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

305lbs just checking about water intake 45 male 6'1
looks like I need about 153 oz of water a day. I found a flavored water I like thats carbonated in a few differen't flavers. I only drank 4 12 oz cans so far last week. I plan on eating at least 3 meals from now on.

Miss Michelle Rosa
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 08:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey i am not sure what kida diet i should go on its not really a diet i just wanna flatter stomach because my friends said that when i came back from AZ i looked a little chunky what should i do??? also i drink a lot of water and for lunch i eat cottage cheese and salad.

sarame
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 06:31 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi ,

I'd like to lose weight , i weigh 12 and a half stone its horrible its mostly my stomach what can I do about this?

Joni
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 07:47 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Everyone, i am 23 years old 5'6 and 216lbs i am getting married in 2 months and i want to lose about 30lbs before the big day i need help lots of help can anyone help me..once im married i do plan to begin a healthy diet but i need to lose this weight fast....i took alot of notes from just about every message..im feeling pretty good but i need more have anyone lost about 25 to 30 lbs in 2 months...

JessKCMO25
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 08:42 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok...I'm having issues. I started a diet August 1st...I am 25 years old. When I started the diet I weighed 292...the most I have ever weighed. I lost 50lbs by like the middle of november by putting myself on a very low calorie diet. Ok...so no problem...well I started a new job, and I wake up every morning and tell myself I'm going to eat right today...I start out well, then I go to work at 2pm and am fine until the rest of the office leaves at 5pm..then I'm alone until 11pm. I work in an office of extremely slim women, who obviously have no problem maintaining their weight because there is JUNK FOOD all over the place. The minute everyone leaves I tell myself I'm not even going to go into the break room, then i end up in the break room and mess up...and it's like, once I realized I ate that chocolate or that cake or whatever, I just give up. I NEED HELP. I have gained 10lbs back since starting this job at the end of November. I am now back at 252. I want to weigh 160...I would be happy with that. How do I get past this issue at the office...any help anyone could offer would be absolutely WONDERFUL!

Rgon86
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 04:47 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok to inform everyone here, losing 2-3 lbs a week is healthy. I repeat...ONLY 2-3!! The fad diets with low carb and no fat do not last because the carbohydrates we eat are important. Whole wheat bread, some cereals, oatmeal, you CAN eat them. The body needs them to survive and function throughout the day. As far as fat goes, check your nutrition labels. Saturated fats are no nos. Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated are yes yes. We like those fats. They are what we call "heart healthy" fats. Yes fish oils, peanut oils, and flax seed oils contain the praised Omega fats that are good for you. As for carbs, we like them. If you lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks from a low-no carb diet, see what happens when you slip up and eat some for a month. You gain those 20 back plus a little more. Someone said also if you starve your body, it is true. The body will store the meals you eat as adipose tissue (fat cells) all around the body because it is smart. The body does not know when you are going to eat again. As for meals, people do not know what portion sizes are. Read nutrition labels and buy a measuring cup if you have to. It will tell you what the serving size is according to cups sometimes. Use the food pyramid in accordance with the food you eat. People, more often than not, eat WAY more in one meal and think they are getting like 2 or 3 servings, when in actuality, they are getting like 6 or 7 (Heaven praise fast food). For me, I started working out a month ago with a very healthy diet that I plan to keep up my entire life. 4 days a week of hard exercise with weights, 4-5 small meals a day. Breakfast is usually 1/2 cup of cereal (a good one, like Total or Wheaties, not Corn Pops or Lucky Charms), 1/2 cup of milk, and a banana. I'm set till a snack, which is probably some baby carrots and an orange. Lunch is at 1 or 2, a la salad with dark green leafy vegetables, home-made, not the McKiller Salad in a bottle or those pre-made drive-thru assassin salads with gunks of cream. The dark green leafy vegetables are some of the best cleansers for your system. Ok till dinner? No? Then have an whole wheat bread sandwich with lean turkey meat and lettuce for a snack. No mustard or mayo. None of that stuff. Dinner? I usually do chunky light tuna with about 2/3 of a cup of rice, green beans, and a side of broccoli or boiled spinach. I know this sounds pretty drastic. I calculated my calorie per day intake with my dietician, and I used to eat, on avg, 3369 calories per day. Now, it's about 1469 per day. My body fat was 16%, and now its down to about 13% I think. I have lost 10 lbs in a month, which is healthy according to her. She also accounted that my weight does not account for the part of my body that is muscle. Someone said that they are a junk food lover, and believe me I know. I loved soda and kit kats and reese's pieces, but when I looked at the back of each one on the nutrition label, I almost keel over. Soda I used to drink could clean rust off of a bumper. The candy I ate provided no nutritional value whatsoever. To tell some of you guys, please know that I am telling you a HEALTHY way to do it. The body cannot handle major changes in your diet and eating habits so quickly without there being some reprecussions. If you have kids, there are some mini-weights you can buy at department stores or you can play with your kids outside, throwing balls or playing tag, going to the park, trust me I thought of many ways to appease my nieces and nephews. I saw someone say something about cheating on a diet? Well, I don't want anyone here to think of eating healthy as a diet. Eating healthy is....eating healthy. If you think of it as a diet, that means you would go back to the way you ate before this. Which would just bring you back to the weight you were before the exercise and good food. There is nothing wrong with alotting yourself one day a week to eating the oh so bad pleasures of chocolate cake, kit kats, and bacon ultimate cheeseburgers. I'd still be wary about it though. I loved that stuff, but even on my cheat days, I've been eating healthy for so long that none of that even interests me anymore. As far as getting your existing fat off, let me tell you, walking is not running. You don't like to sweat? You are in the wrong area. Fat is burned during hard lifting and cardiovascular exercises. All those calories you've been eating all day? Run, don't walk. I know, sweating sucks. I smell. Oh well. I have a smaller belly at the end of the day. THAT IS THE PLUS! It is worth it. You will definitely feel better about yourself if you can will yourself to running and exercising 4-5 days a week and eating right. It might not show right away, but I guarantee you will FEEL better. Ok, for those who strictly want to lose weight, I'm sorry but you gotta count some calories. Go to the gym and use the treadmill or Precor machines. They count the calories you burn. Let's say you eat on avg, 2000 calories a day. That's what your body uses, for example per day. Start eating healthier. Let's say you count some calories on the back of nutrition labels. Total for the day you counted is about 1700. Great, you just cut 300 calories by eating better! Now go to the gym, use the precor or treadmill for about 30mins, or go running, and I mean RUNNING around the neighborhood or park. You will lose at least 100-150 in those 30 mins. Basically, burn more calories than you take in. Find out about how many calories you eat per day. Then just modify your eating habits. Replace Big Mac and Fries with Turkey Sandwich with carrots. Oh yes, water is good by the way. I love it. Don't drink too much though. What I said about eating 5 small meals a day will also speed up your metabolism for when you exercise or do any vigorous activity. This in turn will help you lose weight faster. If you guys strictly want to lose weight and just lose weight, it is the calorie counting method I mentioned. Find how much in calories you eat in like 1 day, then modify your diet for less calorie intake, and then incorporate some vigorous activity 4-5 times a week for 30 mins. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

Friendly Man
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 10:32 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello to all
This is my first time here, i would like to give the advise this time, to whom it may concern. As long as you see a difference in a good way don't stop nor ask questions, keep doing wut you are doing and if the process is to slow for you then try working out for longer and keeping an eye for intake that may be bad and the workout load too small, ALWAYS REMEMBER TO KEEP GOING EVEN IF YOU GAIN SOME. BELIEVE ME YOU WILL REGRET QUITING SOMETHING THAT SHOULD NEVER EVER BE STOPPED.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Friendly Man
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another helper is. You want to loose weight, either sweat it off or gain some.......

breeannajoyforeman
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 06:01 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i was wondering does the flavor water work just like the normal water cause i want to start drinkink mostly water and eat healthyer in time for spring

Junior
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 01:35 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do I reduce my tummy without doing exercise?
Can warm water do it or can I take apple vinegar?

Stephanie
Username: steph_101

Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:52 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

kimmie- did u really lose 120 lbs in 6 months? i want to lose that can u plz tell wat to do to lose that?

You Can Do It
Username: you_can_do_it

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 06:42 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Junior......you and 1000's of others want to accompish something to do with your weight without exercise..... why? Try doing 5 situps or crunches a day until you feel like doing more.... and once you start getting results you WILL want to do more... stop looking for a miracle..... move that body

You Can Do It
Username: you_can_do_it

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 06:43 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

breeannajoyforeman .... yes it does. I like flavor splash.... i get the water i need and no calories or carbs

Emma17
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:03 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey hey, I need some advice here...

I used to do swimming professionally, and never had a problem with my weight. I trained 20 times a week for 3 hours, plus weight lifting, so i never even thought about it.

I stopped that a couple of years ago and for the first year and a half I didn't put any weight on, I'm 17, and only a size 12 but the last 6 motnhs I've started to get stretch marks all over my legs and starting to on my arms. They seem to be over my muscle.. so I don't know how to lose them.... will losing weight help? I'm scared to do any exercise incase they get worse.

I've never really had this problem before so any help would be great!! :-)

brandi robinette
Username: brandi

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 02:40 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey I need some help. My goal is to loose 60-80 lbs. I've lost 15 so far. I'm trying to loose some water weight and fat weight. I'm having no luck! I'm eating a lot better, exercising my but off. I walk about a mile out side in the hot sun pushing my son in the stroller up and down a hilly road. I'm also taking a fluid retention suppliment and I'm drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day. I have a lot of water weight. On a previos diet that I was one about 3 years ago I lost about 25 lbs in the first week. I'm sure most of it was water weight. But then I was going to a weight management place and was taking a weight loss drug. I lost about 35 lbs but ended up getting pregnant. Now I'm ready to loose weight again and I can't take any more diet pills because I am border line having mitral valve prolapse. This is a dumb question but will walking outside in the heat affect my water weight loss because every time I go out and walk I swell even more with water. Please someone help me. I can't loose weight no matter what I do

mark cooper
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if you cut all the sugar , and a lot of sat. fats , plus the nasty bad carbs. you will lose weight. but you have to want it bad ,and have the will to be healthy

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information