Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Exercises < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 5 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 05:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What are some great exercises to do at home?

Nick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 05:44 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anon: There's a wide range of exercises you can do at home. There are limitless books and videos dedicated to home exercise. There are even websites that have instructions on how to work out at home or at the office, from your chair (Ex: squeezing your gluts and holding for a count of ten, to tone up your buttocks)! You need to figure out what you want to achieve, for example greater flexibility or general cardio work out. I would suggest going to local or online book/video retailer (Buy.com, Amazon.com, etc.) and doing a search for "exercise" under books and/or videos. I know this wasn't that helpful, but I hope it leads you in the right direction. :)

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 06:35 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what are some good exercise to get great abs, but still loes weight at the same time?

Slimmer

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 01:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I read about an exercise for great abs...it really works. Get down on all fours that is on your knees. Now squeeze your stomach muscles in -as hard as you can till you feel they are pressing into your spine - so to speak. Hold for a count of 20 and then release. Start with 5 counts of this and build up to 20. It is also very important to burn calories - do cardio exercises like walking or running otherwise you won't see great results. Doing crunches also helps a lot.

do do do

Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:31 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In my health class I am doing a 6 week fitness program and my goal is to lose weight. What are some exercises that can help me lose weight?

Tony

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 02:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Read Bruce Lees training manual. Full stop. You wont look back.

Michael

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 06:34 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to lose weight and eat more healthy foods. I take walks for about a half hour a day, exercise for ten minutes a day, and try to eat healthily, but I do not eat vegetables. What are some good calisthetic exercises that I can do right in my room that will show results?

Chris

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 07:18 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey when you do crunchs how far up do u go?

Ray

Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 11:09 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm tring to loose weight so what I do is stretch out, then do 100-200 jump'in jacks, 50-100 si-ups, 100-150 sit-ups, then I go run about 5-7 laps. When I'm done with my laps I start my stretching and all my "warm-ups" all over again! I dont if this is a good idea, but it's worth a try!!

Jami

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:00 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yoga is pretty good, but I really enjoy Pilates.. It's a great workout and you'll see results. And if you are doing ab workouts, I suggest running for 5-10 minutes, then doing some sort of crunches. Repeat this a few times.

t-leigh
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 08:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The abdominal muscle is one muscle, so doing "lower" and "upper" ab workouts won't make a difference. your best bet is to do crunches, only going up about 30 degrees(shoulders just off floor)very slowly.If you can do 100 crunches, you are doing them wrong.

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What are some good upper arm and thigh exerises?

laurie perry
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 09:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to know how to do exercises that will strengthen my back muscles.

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 12:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey I recently decided to loose some weight to get back into shape. I wanna loose maybe 20 to 25 pounds,I wanna loose the round stomach and get it flat once again,so what I do is 30 minutes of Abdominal crunches or Twist crunches and I always do 30 minutes of normal sit-ups (5 days a week) oh and also go up and down the stairs for about 25 to 30 minutes (temp outside is bellow 30,so that's y I go up n down the stairs). Will this help me loose 20 to 25 pounds in 3 months???

Joanne Mills
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 08:24 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no exercise equipment and can't afford the gym. What can i do to get better thighs and abs?

Keith Orsaba
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 08:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i need some easy effective exercises to get great abs

veronica smith
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 01:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey again...i have a huuuuge gut, i'm talking big, i want to lose it, i have tried crunches right, all i can say is don't give up when it starts to hurt, and if you do them fast you won't get the results you want! but how do i get rid of my thighs and arm flab?? oh yeah, these love handles have gots to go...speak to me people

Kristine Stark
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this is going to sound like an odd question, but I'll give it a shot. When I was in high school and pretty much throughout those years I did tons and tons of sit-ups, but I think I did them the wrong way. Now instead of having a flat hard tummy I have a round hard tummy! Are there any exercises I can do to get rid of some of that muscle or get a flat tummy? Please Help!

Carol
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 11:44 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do I tighten the inside of my thighs

bonni scarborough
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 03:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i would like to know if i walk 15 min a day 4 days a week and do 5 minutes of jumping jacks everyday of the week, eat very lightly but filling 1 meal a day drink water very often,how quick do you think i will loose 20-25 pounds,oh yeah i have the weight mostly in my belly and the rest is not complaintable, so if you have any home remedies or exesize ideas i would definently appreciate it;

antoniobranch
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 11:10 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am having a problem loseing my stomach or gut and my chest fat what can i do to get every thing flat and solid in one month

Lauren
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 09:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What are some good thigh excercises?

Heather Lawless
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 03:51 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have really big hips and stretch marks on them and big thighs. how do i lose my big hips and thighs and those nasty stretch marks??

A B
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:46 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I really wanna lose my round gut!!!! Anything other than situps and leg lifts that anyone knows of???

anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 10:08 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay i've decided that i want to lose at 10-20 pounds. I try to lose weight all the time but i quit because I see no results. I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast drink water all day, only WATER and when i get hungry I have watermelon and then eat dinner, I do a stair step exercise for 30 minutes, ride bikes for at least a half hour and swim at night. I want to lose weight by september, Is this enough or should i do more, if so what else should i do?

Hannah Smotherman
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am so fit, but i need more exercises to do at home!

needshelp
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 08:32 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm way overweight how do I lose weight fast without pills or patches????

Amanda Pozega
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 12:25 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, I weigh about 120 pounds and my legs are kinda big and I'd like to get them more thin. I do 300 jump in' jacks a day and crunches and some other exercises whenever possible and I'm staying away from the fatty foods and eating alot more healthy food but my legs are still kinda big.What else can I do to help my legs?

Jessy
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 07:37 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what kind of exercises can I do for my abs and butt?

abbyell smith
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 05:22 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey how can i get rid of the flab on my upper arms and get my legs back in shape. I'm a mess help me out.

Just_Me
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 08:26 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To get rid of big thighs, do lunges. To do lunges take a step and bend your knees untill your back knee almost touches the ground, come back up, and step with the other foot. It is important not to put your hands on your knee to push yourself back up. Doing 30 of theese a day, you will definatly see results!
To loose ugly underarms, just grab a 5LB weight and while you are doing your lunges bend and unbend your arms!
To loose the tummy do sittups and crunches. I know some say that they are not affective, but they are. You have to stick with a routine for a long time to see long lasting results. Like someone else said, if you can do 100, you're not doing them right.
A tip to help loose weight: When you start a routine workout, start a diet. You will see fast results. You do not have to stay on a diet (unless you want to) for more than a few weeks.
A tip for eating: If you want to loose a little bit of weight, eat 5-7 small portioned meals/snacks a day with out eating untill you can't anymore instead of eating 3 meals. Don't fill yourself! Drink water! Try not to snack a lot or for long periods of time.

chicorayner
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 12:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Losing Fat...The way to lose fat is to do Aerobic exercise. You need to increase your heart rate so the body burns the carbs/glucose and ultimately fat to make up the energy (ATP) it needs to move your body. You should implement weights as part of your program as building lean body mass with help increase your metabolism and ultimately burn more fat.
You cannot spot reduce...meaning you can't lose fat around your abs, thighs or arms by doing crunches or leg lifts. You can build muscle by doing those things and tone up but fat is fat and the only way to get rid of it is by exercise. Everyone stores fat in different places...some people have larger hips while others have larger stomaches...they all need to exercise to utilize the fat stores they have in their bodies.
Diets are not a great idea...most of them deplete your caloric intake to such a degree that your body goes into "starvation mode". Your metabolic rate decreases and when you go back to eating regularly again your body stores the calories as fat because it thinks you're still "starving" and guess what...you gain more weight, hence the "yo-yo" diet.
A better idea is to try to eat healthier...never go below 1400 calories a day and try to include full grains (whole wheat pasta etc.) instead of white - processed, bleached food...be aware of what you're eating...lots of "brown bread" is just white bread died brown...buy the whole grain stuff - the darker the better. Also, no-fat foods generally have lots of sugar in them...so although they may not have "hydrogenated fats" in them, they do have tonnes of sugar (sucrose, fructose etc.) READ LABELS...avoid anything that says "hydrogenated, processed, nitrates, etc." Follow the USDA Food Pyramid or Canada's Food Guide, it's a good guide.
If you're new to exercise and you're starting a new "lifestyle" choice, concentrate on the behaviour first. Set little goals..."this week I will exercise 4 times and I will choose to eat healthier". You will always have set-backs but remember that you're human...you chose to take that direction and you need to understand that your next choice can be a positive goal producer or a negative goal sabatoge choice. Create a sabatoge list and develop ideas to help you get through those moments. "Instead of stopping at McDonalds for a quick lunch, I will pack my lunch today with healthy options". If I absolutely NEED fast food, I will order a kids meal and water instead of pop...ultimately I will avoid these types of restaurants like the plague!" Once you have developed a routine start slowly with your nutrition and implementing more difficult exercises...if you can afford it, hire a personal trainer...they can help motivate you and keep you on the right track. If you can't afford it, find a buddy or a group of people (workplace) who have similar goals...support and motivate each other!
GOOD LUCK and congratulations for checking out this site. It means you are interested in making your life healthier and better! Sorry for the length of this! REMEMBER, there is no quick fix. It took you how many years to pack on all those pounds?? be fair to yourself and allow yourself time to get healthy and adapt a new way of living!

Dianna Ross
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 04:06 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am what most people wouls call skinny but i have fat building up rite above my butt on both sides that sticks out when i wear tight jeans! i hate it!! how do i get rid of it?!?!?!?! HEELLPP!

toby loc
Username: tobyloc

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 11:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Read the post before from chicorayner, that goes for everyone, it's exactly right and i couldn't have put it better myself! Losing weight is all about burning more calories than you're consuming(by no more than 20% mind), it's simple maths but everyone has so many misconceptions about food and exercises and have so many unhelpful lifestyle habits that it is the application and lack of motivation that is the problem. Read those nutrition labels, get more exercise, ask for qualified advice and read that post!

ALEX WEST
Username: alex_west

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 05:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can someone please tell me wich is better for losing
weight? More reps.less weight VS Less reps.more weight.I would also like your help on, what and how
many to do.

Daniella Smiths
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 10:59 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a perfectly simple way to lose weight and to get a flat tummy. I was very fat before but i told myself that enough was enough!!! I lost 15 kilos in less than 6 weeks!!! Do what i am going to tell you and in less than 6 weeks, you will lose the minimum of ten kilos and have a completely flat tummy. What you do is this: in the morning before eating breakfast drink a galss of luke warm water and lemon and do this also before going to bed. Do about 20 minutes of crinches a day and drink lots of water-only water. Do 20 minutes of sit-ups a day. Dont eat that much at night- have dinner aroun 6pm and apart from 7pm, dont eat NOTHING!!!! except luke warm water with lemon and an apple. Make sure that you eat an apple EVERY DAY before going to bed because it has an acid that eats away fat. so eat an apple everyday before going to bed.
Walk everday at least 30 minutes and go swimming at least once a week. Skipping is also very good for losing weight so skip for at least 15 minutes about 5 days a week. Cut down on dairy food and chocolats.Dancing is very good to lose weight- danse at least for 30 minutes every day.
Eat SMALL portions of food and try not to eat snacks in between. If i can do it, so can you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna Morrison
Username: donna511

Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 01:59 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been working out for 6 weeks now and hav gained 5 pounds !!! I don't know what to do. I need to lose at least 50 pounds but at this rate I just keep getting fatter. I am only doing fat burning not weight lifting (dont want to bulk up). I am 36. Out of ideas. About to stop working out. I do every other day and am up to 40 mins. of cardio. each time.

Natalia
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 09:37 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i once weighed 100 kilos and in just 3 months i came all the way down to 70 kilos. Do you want to know how i did it? Well i met Daniella Smiths and she told me all about her weight loss and she told me what to do. i believe that she has wrote already to here, explaining what to do. Anyway, i did exactly what she wrote (well nearly everything) and lost a GREAT 30 KILOS in JUST 3 MONTHS..... i want to recomend it to everybody because it really does work and i would like to say thank-you to Daniella Smiths. I couldnt of done it without her. It has changed my whole life around to the better... of course. I feel lighter and happier. I'm not embaraced to walked past anybody anymore and i'm confidente about myself!!! I can go to the beach and get a proper suntan without trying to hide my flab.And it's way much easier to clothe shop because now i can fit into normal people's size. I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy. Everybody should follow her instructions of how to lose weight because it really does work and you actually lose ALOT of weight. Thank-you Daniella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annita Colla
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 10:31 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i lost 5 KILOS IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS....... all i did was eat less at night (apart form seven i didnt eat anything else) and eat an apple before going to bed..... i'm continuing losing weight instead of putting on weight... just this little difference i have done to my eating plan and i'm already losing weight! Imagine if a do exercises aswell and also cut down on all the food eat?! i'm going to lose SO much WEIGHT!!!!!!!! You also should do the same.

Rita
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 11:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI, MY NAME IS RITA AND I AM 25 YEARS OLD. HALF A YEAR AGO I WAS FAT!!!!!!!! I WAS GOING TO MARRY AND I WAS LOOKING FOR A WEDDING DRESS. I FOUND ONE THAT I LOVED BUT THEY DIDNT HAVE MY SIZE!!!! IF I WANTED IT MY SIZE, THEY WOULD HAVE TO SPECIALLY MAKE IT BY HAND. IT WAS GOING TO COST ANOTHER 2000 POUNDS!!!!!! THAT MEANT THE MONEY THAT WAS FOR ME TO HIRE A PRFFESIONAL TO DO MY HAIR AND MAKE-UP WOULD HAVE TO GO TO THE DRESS INSTEAD... I COULDNT RISK IT!!! I WAS REALLY FED UP OF BEING FAT AND I CRIED MY EYES OUT BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO LOOK UGLY IN MY WEDDING DAY BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO BE FAT AND DRESSED IN A CHEAP WEDDING DRESS!!! SO I DECIDED THAT ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH!!! SO I SET OUT A ROUTINE FOR MYSELF. I STARTED TO EAT MORE AT BREKFAST AND LESS AT DINNER. I STOPPED EATING OUT OR GETTING TAKE-AWAYS AND FAST FOODS. INSTEAD I MADE MY OWN FOOD AND WHEN I PUT IT ON THE PLATE, I ONLY PUT A SMALL AMOUNT/PORTION IN THE MIDDLE SO THAT I COULD STILL SEE THE DECORATIONS AROUND THE PLATE. I ONLY ATE FATTY FOODS(WHICH I MADE AT HOME)LIKE CHIPS, ONLY ON SATURDAYS AT LINCH, AS A TREAT (BUT STILL ONLY A LITTLE PORTION). WHEN I WAS THE SLIGHTEST BIT FULL, I WOULD STOP EATING AND I AVOIDED EATING SNACKS IN BETWEEN. IN THE MORNING, I WOULD DRINK LUKE WARM WATER WITH LEMON BEFORE EATING ANY FOOD. EVERY AFTERNOON, I WOULD DO SOME EXERCISES SUCH AS CRUNCHES, LUNGES, STAR JUMPS, SIT-UPS AND SO ON. DURING THE DAY I WOULD TRY AND KEEP MYSELF BUSY- MOVING. I WOULD HAVE A HALF AN HOUR WALK DURING THE DAY- EVERY DAY. AT NIGHT I WOULD EAT SOMETHING LIGHT LIKE FISH OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND AFTER SEVEN PM, I WOULDN'T EAT A SINGLE THING EXCEPT AN APPLE BEFORE GOING TO BED AS THEY HAVE SAID THAT IT HAS AN ACID IN IT THAT EATS FAT AWAY. EVERY DAY I WOULD DO EXERCISES AND EVERYDAY I STUCK TO MY ROUTINE/PAN. I STARTED TO LOSE 10 KILOS EVERY MONTH AND 3 WEEKS BEFORE MY WEDDING, I BOUGHT THE DRESS I WANTED BECAUSE I LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT THAT I DROPPED 6 SIZES DOWN AND I COULD FIT IN IT!!! I HAD THE MONEY TO GET A PROFFESIONAL TO DO MY HAIR AND MAKE-UP AND I LOOKED BEAUTIFUL!!!! mY WEDDING WAS GREAT AND I SHOWED MY PHOTOS TO EVERYONE WITHOUT BEING EMBARACED OF MYSELF. IT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO MY LIFE!!! AND IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly Bobb
Username: vegferret

Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 03:21 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone, I just joined in tonight b/c I was looking for some information. My personal trainer told me that I should only do 20 mins. of aerobic excercise to loose weight b/c if I do more I will be burning muscle, not fat. I wonder if that's true or if she just wants me to spend a few hundred more dollars on her personal traning...??? Any thoughts would be greatly appriecatied. Thanks

joseph
Username: wutangkid9

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 05:29 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you guys got some good tips

health conscious
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 04:44 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how do i get rid of tummy fats? what kind of exercises should i do?

Randi Robertson
Username: sacrificepooh

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 05:30 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so if i jog can i lose like 20 pounds? I am 5'4" 150lbs i really want to be like 115-120 pounds, but i am so not good at dieting, i dont even know where to begin with a diet.

in need of desperate help
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 07:43 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey people
i want to lose atleast 10 kilos or 7 kilos in 12 weeks for a wedding...all i need to do is basically try get my arms skinny/muscley and lose the fat on my tummy...FAST!!
please guys i desperately nees your help
Thanx

unftrre
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 08:48 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I despraly want to lose my belly fat before the spring time can you give me a list of stomach loss exercises?

ashima
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 09:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it seems that most people are wondering how to lose belly fat. well...there's really not one particular exercise to make your belly flat. it's a combination of diet and exercise. you have to be eating healthy and an adequate amount of food daily (not too much and not too little) to get that tummy in shape. for me, i've found that eating a bowl of oatmeal in the morning keeps me from eating snacks later throughout the day. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it can also keep you from snacking all the time. a small lunch, pb&j sandwich and an apple. i usually eat a larger dinner, but i dont eat after 7 pm. i've found that just these 3 meals a day keep me thin. to tone the belly, simple crunches work. make sure you're doing crunches correctly though (not straining the neck). like someone previously said, if you can do 100 at a time, you're not doing them right. make sure your shoulder blades are coming slightly off the floor when doing crunches and you're not holding your head. also, make sure you're getting enough fiber in your diet. it's important to have regular bowel movements, but you'll find that regularity may help take a little size off the belly! :-)

for tone in the arms for woman, i would recommend getting a resist-a-band. they won't make you bulk up, but they'll keep your arms nice and tone. you can do bicep curls with them. you basically just use them like you would weights. there are also different ways you can strap them onto your legs to help tone your legs.

if you just have a lot of weight on you and are not really interested in building muscle and just want to lose the fat, cardio is your best bet. you may want to try walking for about 30 min to an hour a day and then maybe try jogging. walking is really the simplest way to burn fat. jogging is more effective, but more difficult if you're not accustomed to it. cardio will also help take off extra fat from the belly. while walking, try squeezing your abs and keeping them tight. This will work your abs and reduce belly fat.

keep in mind that belly fat is most dangerous to your health. before worrying about leg fat and arm fat, concentrate on your belly and try to build up your core strength. pilates has great exercises to build up your core strength.

someone asked the question about more reps, less weight vs. less reps, more weight. if you want your muscle to get bigger and you want to get bulkier, less reps and more weight is best. if you want to build strong muscle fibers, you should stick with more reps and less weight. i think that more reps and less weight would probably help you lose more weight. bear in mind that cardio along with weight training will help you lose weight faster than just weights alone.

remember, drink LOTS of water! it's calorie-free, thirst quenching, and it'll even help keep your skin clear! :-)

qwertyuiop
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 03:38 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, I would like to loose some weight all over my body.
I was wondering if I did lunges, crunches etc. Would it just build up muscle because I am quite toned already? I don't want to look bigger.

Also is there anyway to loose weight in the breast area?

sarah pease
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 01:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

im looking for a way to lose excess fat around my stomache the wieght doent bother me, but what excersises do you suggest to lose my stubborn belly fat?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information