Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * I'm stuck!! < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paige

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 01:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been dieting for about 2 months. I've done well until now. I've lost 18 lbs. and for the past couple of weeks, I haven't been able to lose an ounce. I have increased my water intake, exercise, and decreased my carbs, cals., and fats. Now what? I can't understand what the problem is. It's not muscle gain; is it a plateau? Only 18lbs. and I've hit a plateau? If anyone has any suggestions, please, share them with me.
Thanks

Nick

Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 06:28 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paige: You're doing great so far! Don't let not being able to lose weight at the same pace phase you. You're body's building up muscle and repairing itself, so don't worry too much about not being able to lose another 9lbs. a month.

The most weight comes off in the first couple of months, now you're in a "zone" of sorts. Keep doing what you've been doing and don't get too carried away overworking yourself. Your body's doing what it needs to do to compensate for this new routine of diet and excercise.

Don't focus on pounds so much, start looking at inches and overall physical health. The muscle you're gaining may actually tack on a couple of pounds, so don't get discouraged by that scale. Before long, with the new muscle and the reduced fat, you'll start burning calories more efficiently. So, if you're eating multiple times a day and feeling full and continue doing so at the same rate as you have, you'll start to see another period of weight loss.

I would suggest focusing on toning, via light weight training, at this point. The physical results will boost your confidence and help you get through this down phase. Also, get in more cardio now, this too will speed up the metabolic processes and help your overall stamina. Keep up the good work!! :)

Jade

Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 06:50 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe your doing an awsome job! It may seem that your body has stopped working at lossing weight, but it is a proven fact that your body losses more weight in the first few months. The only thing I suggest, is that you "up" your exercise more, being careful not to over-do-it.After about a week your body will be lossing more weight, maybe not at the rate you want it to, but don't give up, you've worked too hard to stop now.

Rosie Lynn
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 03:41 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I have been on this low carb diet since Nov. of 2003, I have lost a total of 43lbs. and in the last month I have joined an excersize program called curves (for women) and during this last month I have lost a total of 6.75 inches all over my body and an extra 10lbs. I feel much better also. I would like to recommend that you keep up all the water,excersize but up your carbs by 5 for a 2 week span and then weigh yourself again. You will be surprised!! Rosie

Veggie-Jess
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 12:07 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

-
Alrighty. Here is my question. I am 17, a vegetarian, and just wanting to tone up a bit. I'm not severely overweight, but I want to increase my muscle and lose some "flabbiness". I really don't have a lot of time, but I can schedule in an hour per day. I don't have any access to a gym or anything, so I don't really know how to go about achieving my goal. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

va girl
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 06:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paige...
i'm at the same spot as you are. i lost 17 in about 5 weeks, but i've hit a point where i'm losing any more. i actually gained about 6 since the last time i weighed in, however i can wear clothes that i couldn't wear couple of weeks ago. how's it going for you now? can anyone explain what i'm to do?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information