Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Weight loss for kids < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Russ

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 04:56 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was wondering. I was told it was healthy for a 12 year old to put on a garbage bag and sweats and run laps. Is this a healthy way for them to lose their weight?

Tina

Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 04:58 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Russ,
I'm not so sure that running around with a garbage bag on and sweats is healthy, I'm not even sure if it's sane. I do know that sweats will cause you to sweat (so hence the name) and the garbage bag will attract heat since it is black and this will also make you sweat. (or is it black? if it is then... well you know) Yeah, you'll lose weight. But only water weight. You could also become dehydrated from this. Losing water weight is no good anyway. It all comes right back, I promise.

Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 07:35 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well im a dancer and they have pants in discount dance supply magazine that will help you lose water weight and yes it stays off, but a garbage bag isnt your best bet, buy the warm up pants...

Cal/Fat Counter

Posted on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:19 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Russ....

I have only one tip for this question. Actually, I have only one WORD for this question. "PEDIATRITION" !!!!

No child should start ANY weight loss plan without talking to the childs doctor. 12 years old seems sort of young to be undertaking a "diet". However it is early enough in life to teach him/her a new, healthy way to eat, which may lead to some weight loss if he/she is indeed overweight. But, this should be for a doctor to decide.

Go see his or her docter, and discuss all the weight loss plans and options with him/her.

Good luck!

~
Cal/Fat Counter

Joy Weinrich
Username: joyweinrich

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 01:28 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a friend who's son is 13 yrs old.He is 5'4" and weighs 195lbs. I am trying to find out what is the proper wieght for a child of his height and age. And if anyone knows a few web sites that I can peruse for dieting suggestions.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information