Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * HELP...I exersize and eat...but my wieght keeps changing < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

leslie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 10:53 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello anyone..i have a very imported question to ask. I used to havea eating disorder and I'm still trying to recover from it. I am also a runner and run 50 milkes a week. This past summer I ate more then i had all year ( around 1300 cals) and ran less ( like 5 miles a day 4 days a week) and i lost 10 pounds. Then when school started, i continued to eat the same amount of calories but I have increased my mileage(doubled it) but I have gained weight. I don't understand why. Does anyone know what i should do, if eating more will i loss weihgt? PLEASE HELP
thanxs

Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:40 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey leslie, i totaly understand about the whole eating disorder thing, i'm both ana and mia and gaining weight is hard. yes, if you eat more you'll lose weight.eat 5 small portions a day and drink lots of water.also the weight you gained may not be fat it could be muscle, so dont be too bummed.
~lotsa love

Lauren (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 07:05 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Leslie--I know EXACTLY what is going on. Sometimes eating too little and exercising too much makes you gain weight (I know that sounds funny, but it is true) If you eat too little, your body's metabolism slows down, you will feel cold alot, and you might gain weight. If you however, eat more, but not too much more, you will lose weight. Sometimes more really is less...But hey Leslie, I had an eating disorder and running as much as you do on a 1300 calorie diet is no way to live. I know what you are going through, and nothing I can say will help you, but you just gotta get some help. I am a runner, and after I recovered from my eating disorder, I went to the national championships with my college, and cut nearly a full minute off my mile time (from 5:58 to 5:03)... Just think about what I have said.

Melodie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:27 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi leslie, i am in no way an expert, but could you just be gaining weight in the form of muscle. Muscle ways more then fat. and if your giving your body lots of energy(food)and working out twice as much than you may be gaining muscle mass.
Just an idea.
best wishes

Colleen
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:17 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lauren is totally right, the less you eat the slower your bodys metabolism. If you want to stay at your wieght than I suggest you eat more. I know its hard I have an ed too but in the long run (no pun intended) you will be much happer.

Alicia Rodriguez
Username: ali1017

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 04:13 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i found this new diet pill that seems to be really working for me. so far i have lost about 9 pounds. Of course i still run in the morning and eat right but the pill speeds up my metabolism and i am not as hungry either

rebecca carver
Username: reebs

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 05:39 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have a ? Why is it that no matter how healthy I eat, my middle is quite flabby. I'm 5' 4" and in cloths I can camoflage my belly well. People think I am so lucky, that I have a perfect figure. Undressed though, I look like I'm 6 months pregnant! For years, I've exercised, and in the last year or two, I cut out sweets and heavy, high fat foods. Generally, I've always been a healthy eater. My cholesterol is normal and I weigh 112. But while sitting, I have 2 huge rolls across my belly. I never had a kid, but I can pull the fat out a couple of inches. I am seriously debating on Liposuction. Does anyone else have this problem?

e... d...
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 10:09 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

carver,
you dont need lypo, all you need is to tone your stomach with a few excersizes, i know because i
had the same problem.sweating is the best work-out

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information