Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Frustrated, nothing is working < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colleen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 04:45 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a 5'6, 141 lb.,22 yr. old female. I have tried everything to get down to 115. The most I have lost is 5lbs. I have tried the Zone, slim fast,body for life, and caloric restriction. I have been running an 18 minute two mile run, two days and doing weight training(total body) for 45 mins. the other three. However, nothing works. I feel like my body is fighting against me. I understand that I could go to a third world country for a couple months and lose the weight but I want something practical that I can do for the rest of my life.
I am now eating about 700 calories by 8p.m and then eating about 500 for dinner at 9.I have oatmeal for breakfast, an english muffin with yogurt spread for lunch, and a power bar (balance) for a snack. I only drink water. I go to bed at 12. I wake up first thing in the morning and exercise before I eat anything else as to dig into my fat stores. I have one splurge day on Saturday where I can eat sweets or drink alcohol. I would think that this would result in weight loss but it doesn't.
Do I need to exercise more? Longer? Do I need to further restrict my caloric intake? If so, will I have to do this for the rest of my life...i.e-work out for an hour six days a week and eat 1000 calories a day, or can I cut back once I get to my goal and just want to maintain? Please let me know, I am so desperate and unhappy with how I look.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fatchic Jenny

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 10:04 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Colleen, First of all 115 lb. for a 5,6 person is unrealistic and unhealthy. An ideal weight for you would be 130 lb. give or take 5 maybe 10 depending on you frame. Also, your body MAY BE fighting you, if you eat to few calories and excersise toomuch your body will go into starvation mode. You need to eat way more than 1000 cal. a day, even 1200, more like 1500 if your excercising. Also you need to make sure your actually eating that much b/c the sample "food plan" you gave didn't add up. Spreading your food intake through out the day will help too, as will not eating a lot 3 hrs. before you go to bed. you may be telling your body your starving by eating only 700 before 8 then eating 500 al at once, maybe you should try eating the 500 in the morning then spreading the 700 through out the rest of the day, and add a couple hundred to it. Also mayme you should try doing more cardio, your only running 4 miles a week now, I would say you should run at least 9-12 a week. It sounds like your trying to follow the Body For Life program, which will make you be more muscular, therefore you will weigh more, try to go by how your clothes fit or use a measuring tape. Hope this helps!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information