Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Cardio or weights < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Candra Kubik

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 04:03 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have gained 10 pounds in the last few months. I'm starting back exercising but I don't know if its best to just do cardio to burn calories? I don't want to do alot of weight and ab workout and work up that muscle and then end up having strong abs with fat on top. What is the best way to go?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anthony Martinez

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 07:10 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would do a good blend of both. It is very beneficial if you combine aerobic exercise (cardio), and anaerobic exercise (weight lifting). I would start out by doing a small warm up, and then stretching, follwing up with a low to moderate weight high rep full body weight routine and continued by at least 20-30 of cardio, and finished up by a cool down stretch. The cardio burns calories on the spot, and the weight lifting burns calories for a sustained period. The stretching cool down and warm up help to avoid injuries and help recovery. I hope that this has been helpful...

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information