Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * CRUNCHES < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 06:53 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I do 200 crunches a day, how long will it take to get a firm tummy?

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 07:46 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As long as it would if you are not doing crunches. Doing crunches will not trim the flab from your tummy, to do this you need to perform some cardio. Crunhes will only develop and tighten the muscles, which will only come into play when you can see your abs.

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 08:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I disagree, I do crunches every day and i definetely see definition in my stomach. It has firmed up and I do not do cardio. Just crunches. You should have a firm tummy in a couple months.

Jen H (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 10:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, working your ab muscles certainly makes them more powerful, so yea I suppose that it could work that way. Like you gain muscle, and hte muscle burns calories, blahdy blah. But I agree that cardio certianly makes it a lot quicker and less painful. I certainly could not sit down and do 200 crunches in a row.

anonymouse
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:19 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i read somewhere that Swissball crunches work the abdominals considerabley harder, and that normal crunches only use 21% of abdominal muscle potential. i've also read that sit-ups are much more effective abdominal exercises. i currently perform sit-ups with a 15 lb weight (it took me 2 months to build up to this weight) and i am noticing some gains. but nothing spectacular as i've only been at it for 2 months.

Shelly Aldridge
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:11 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a hysterectomy eighteen months ago and ovaries removed March 10,2004. I have gain in this period of time 35lbs. Doctors do tell you what to expect after they are removed. Frankly, I found out on the website that a large of women are face with this same issue. I need help on how I can loose the weight, keep it off and what physcial exercise I would need to employ. 5'10 and open for healty suggestion. Thanks

dimmy21
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 01:58 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thats a good question.

Can doing cruches actually see results in your stomach lining or adominal area?

I do cruches but is there any other way to get a flat stomach lining or abs with the hastle of crunches?

Sara Bainny
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 11:29 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do crunchs/sit ups do anything?

Louie Sage
Username: fitnessn00b

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 12:05 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

actually anonymouse, crunches are much better than situps as long as they're done correctly...situps work the hip flexor muscle in addition to the adds so youre not getting as much gain in your abs

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information